PDA

View Full Version : 3 Goals,

AugustaHibs
14-02-2010, 03:29 PM
My thoughts on the 3 goals.

First: Good skill, we were a bit slow to getting there though.

Second: Probably shouldnt have been a penalty, though saying that there was nod need for the leg to come out.

Third: Same old Rangers FC.

shamo9
14-02-2010, 03:32 PM
We do seem to be losing a lot of cheap goals since around about the beginning of January, no clean sheets for a while either. Maybe we should bring back Maka after all?:wink:

Barney McGrew
14-02-2010, 03:34 PM
First one came from something we've been terrible at all season - tracking runners from midfield.

Second was a really really soft penalty.

Wasn't much we could do about the third, it was just bad luck.

LaMotta
14-02-2010, 03:38 PM
My thoughts on the 3 goals.

First: Good skill, we were a bit slow to getting there though.

First goal was a simple give and go, and two players just let SW waltz past them - poor defending at any level.

good finish i suppose though.

Big Frank
14-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Whittaker couldn't hit a cow up the arse with a big stick whilst at ER:rolleyes:

2nd. No pen. Dive, cheat, whatever you want to call it. He went down with no contact. He won them the game with it.

3rd. No luck whatsoever.

Regarding the third, the ref stopped the game in the 1st half because mcculloch went down. (no head injury - he just went down). Hibernian were on the attack at the time.

Should he have applied the same when mcbride went down?

AugustaHibs
14-02-2010, 04:00 PM
First one came from something we've been terrible at all season - tracking runners from midfield.

Second was a really really soft penalty.

Wasn't much we could do about the third, it was just bad luck.

:agree:

AugustaHibs
14-02-2010, 04:27 PM
just seen the decision again. never a penalty, ruined the game. :bitchy:

crash
14-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Negative play led to the first goal. Rankin had the ball in the Rangers half turned and passed it back the way , hun intercepted, next thing its in the net. Certain players get the ball in decent positions, then stop,turn and pass it back the way. Once you turn back the opposition have time to set up and the chance has gone.

Broken Gnome
14-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Negative play led to the first goal. Rankin had the ball in the Rangers half turned and passed it back the way , hun intercepted, next thing its in the net. Certain players get the ball in decent positions, then stop,turn and pass it back the way. Once you turn back the opposition have time to set up and the chance has gone.

He had absolutely no need to do that. Was it not Miller that tried to play a one-two with him? Instead of seeing the ball a yard ahead of him it went 60 yards behind him. Baffling.

skipster7
14-02-2010, 07:54 PM
He had absolutely no need to do that. Was it not Miller that tried to play a one-two with him? Instead of seeing the ball a yard ahead of him it went 60 yards behind him. Baffling.

i thought it was murray who was in possesion at the half way line and gave it away far too easily,so dissapointing as i'd been well chuffed at the first half display other than a couple over over indulgent moments with liam miller almost playing himself into trouble.:boo hoo:

Broken Gnome
14-02-2010, 09:09 PM
i thought it was murray who was in possesion at the half way line and gave it away far too easily,so dissapointing as i'd been well chuffed at the first half display other than a couple over over indulgent moments with liam miller almost playing himself into trouble.:boo hoo:

It was, but Murray only received it after it had gone back Smith. From where Murray had the ball 30 seconds previously, we'd played 90 yards back the way and ended up one down.

Banter
15-02-2010, 01:49 AM
Played alot worse at Hunbrox and walked away with more credible results.

My hun mate summed it up surpisingly well "Never a 3-0 game, you played some good stuff at times. Gers doing what they do best."

Still noticed there were a few headlines doing the rounds including the superlatives light work, hammered and cruised to describe the result.

On your bike you pandering Journo parasites:grr:

greenlex
15-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Played alot worse at Hunbrox and walked away with more credible results.

My hun mate summed it up surpisingly well "Never a 3-0 game, you played some good stuff at times. Gers doing what they do best."

Still noticed there were a few headlines doing the rounds including the superlatives light work, hammered and cruised to describe the result.

On your bike you pandering Journo parasites:grr:
This isnt a bad thing really. Just let us get on with quietly racking up the points that matter against teams round about us. quietly get into the SC final and then in a three or four week period finish the season off in style before the hacks get a chance to bum us up too much. :greengrin

PeterboroHibee
15-02-2010, 08:06 PM
1st goal was a poor sloppy pass by Murray (i think), something we were quite guilty of throughout the game; simple stuff, hopefully something Yogi sorts out.

2nd goal was a pish decision, poor dive, and Boyd should arguably not even have been on the pitch.

3rd goal, nothing much can do tbh..

Its a bad sort of loss in that we played well, deserved something and yet came away with nothing and a dent in our goal difference. If decisions had gone for us who knows, no point in looking back at it, need to try and resolve things on Wed!

heretoday
15-02-2010, 10:40 PM
It is clear that only Rangers can now stop Hibs from world domination.