H18sry
14-02-2010, 02:26 PM
going through to score the third goal when McBride was clearly injured

Thomson and Miller

we would do the same :agree:

Capt Mainwaring
14-02-2010, 02:27 PM
It's called a winning mentality.

If the situation was reversed are you seriously saying that you would have wanted the Hibs player to stop?

Good first half today - second best in the second. Let's move on.

Liam89
14-02-2010, 02:27 PM
I'd say it probably wasn't unfair that they carried on but the f-ing commentator said mcbride losing possession just helped thomson push on a bit! He clearly wouldn't of got the ball in the first place if mcbride hadn't injured himself. UGH! RANGERS, I HATE THEM SO MUCH!

Part/Time Supporter
14-02-2010, 02:28 PM

If the situation was reversed are you seriously saying that you would have wanted the Hibs player to stop?

Yes, if the player is clearly injured and the match outcome is not in doubt.

Extremely poor sportsmanship.

the_ginger_hibee
14-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Hibs would have done the same really. I was thinking McBride should have handled it though :dunno: bit harsh maybe but no doubt losing the ball was costing a goal. Should have gave away a foul if he could have.

hibbymac
14-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Initially it looked like he had just lost the ball and could have been acting a bit. Don't think you can blame Rangers for carrying on.

Hibercelona
14-02-2010, 02:34 PM
It was a harsh goal to conceed.

But you couldn't really expect any team to stop in that situation.

3-0 is a sore one to take, considering on the whole, we never played that badly.

Sylar
14-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Yes, if the player is clearly injured and the match outcome is not in doubt.

Extremely poor sportsmanship.

Perhaps, but extremely professional.

Booked4Being-Ugly
14-02-2010, 02:38 PM
Dirty, diving, cheating hun bassas and well done the ref for killing the game stone dead.

Well done Kenny Miller for being a ****ing diving wee ******* and conning the ref a beauty!

Typical Ibrox outing - get **** all decisions!!!

Hibs deserved more than that today, Rangers FC are a ****in disgrace.

:grr:

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2010, 02:40 PM

Thomson and Miller

I agree, only because i had 2-0 in the prediction league.:wink:

Hibrandenburg
14-02-2010, 02:41 PM
It was a harsh goal to conceed.

But you couldn't really expect any team to stop in that situation.

3-0 is a sore one to take, considering on the whole, we never played that badly.

No, but we did give up with five minutes to go. Nobody was chasing players down, no off the ball movement and no fight left in us. The team were already in the changing room with their thoughts. Not very professional.

hibiedude
14-02-2010, 02:43 PM
Name one team who would have done it different

borstalboy
14-02-2010, 02:43 PM
we would do the same :agree:
:top marks or we'd want hibs to do the same!!

ancient hibee
14-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Can't go to Ibrox have one shot on target and hope to come away with anything.

joejoefaemexico
14-02-2010, 02:45 PM

Thomson and Miller

are you joking?

Part/Time Supporter
14-02-2010, 02:47 PM
are you joking?

No. The game's practically over, so why not show a little concern for your fellow player???

Fair do's if it affects the result significantly, but I thought that was really poor.

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2010, 02:52 PM
No. The game's practically over, so why not show a little concern for your fellow player???

Fair do's if it affects the result significantly, but I thought that was really poor.

I don't think any other club in this league would have done any different.

Toaods
14-02-2010, 02:57 PM
clutching at straws.

It appears McBride is a bit injury prone - deserved or not.

I don't think there was enough time between him slipping and the interception to realise it was anything significant, so no complaint from me, as others suggest, every other team would continue.

Jack
14-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Play the whistle everytime.

spudhib
14-02-2010, 03:19 PM

Agreed though surely if Conroy can stop the game for a ball in the face in the first half then he can do the same for what looked like a bad injury.:grr:Wheres Poalo DiCanio when you need him.

bingo70
14-02-2010, 03:23 PM
Agreed though surely if Conroy can stop the game for a ball in the face in the first half then he can do the same for what looked like a bad injury.:grr:Wheres Poalo DiCanio when you need him.

He stopped the game with Rankin as he thought he had a head injury, he got hit in the face so was the right thing to do, with Mcbride there was no way he should have stopped it clearly wasn't a head injury.

marinello59
14-02-2010, 03:26 PM
Exactly.

spudhib
14-02-2010, 03:28 PM
He stopped the game with Rankin as he thought he had a head injury, he got hit in the face so was the right thing to do, with Mcbride there was no way he should have stopped it clearly wasn't a head injury.

Anyone with a decent knowledge of the game will know that Mcbride could easily have done his cruciate with the type of fall/studs caught in the grass way he went down,serious injury as well as a head knock surely warrants a stoppage as well.

Part/Time Supporter
14-02-2010, 03:30 PM
Anyone with a decent knowledge of the game will know that Mcbride could easily have done his cruciate with the type of fall/studs caught in the grass way he went down,serious injury as well as a head knock surely warrants a stoppage as well.

That's what I thought at the time. A player doesn't just fall down in free possession in that area of the pitch for no reason. The Rangers players involved would have known perfectly well that there was a problem.

I could understand taking advantage of the situation if there was something significant to be gained out of it, but that was not the case. It's not even as if you could argue that the goal difference is tight between the OF, as Rangers are 20 odd goals in front of Celtic.

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2010, 03:32 PM

Yes, cause the world is full of footballers swallowing their tongue from cruciate ligament injuries.

Winston Ingram
14-02-2010, 03:36 PM
They were quite right. I would have went mental at a Hibs player who stopped to put the ball out in same position:agree:

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2010, 03:38 PM
They were quite right. I would have went mental at a Hibs player who stopped to put the ball out in same position:agree:

:top marks and i'd still say the same if we were winning 8-0.

spudhib
14-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Yes, cause the world is full of footballers swallowing their tongue from cruciate ligament injuries.

AWWWW BH ....i'm just....just erm(gettin nervous taking on the might of BH) sorry i'll shut up since your pash is all encompasing and never wrong:blah:

Westie1875
Can't go to Ibrox have one shot on target and hope to come away with anything.

We definitely had 2 :wink:, Zemmama's shot that McGregor spilled and Hanlon's off the line.

Hibbyradge
Sorry, PTS, but I can't agree.

McBride slipped and lost the ball.

Rangers picked it up and scored as a result.

How could anyone know McBride was seriously hurt at the time?

Are we seriously suggesting that footballers should immediately stop playing, when an opponent falls over of his own volition, in case they are seriously hurt and need immediate attention?

Hibbyradge
We definitely had 2 :wink:, Zemmama's shot that McGregor spilled and Hanlon's off the line.

Hanlon's wasn't on target.

Part/Time Supporter
14-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Sorry, PTS, but I can't agree.

McBride slipped and lost the ball.

Rangers picked it up and scored as a result.

How could anyone know McBride was seriously hurt at the time?

Are we seriously suggesting that footballers should immediately stop playing, when an opponent falls over of his own volition, in case they are seriously hurt and need immediate attention?

That clearly wasn't a "slip".

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2010, 03:52 PM
AWWWW BH ....i'm just....just erm(gettin nervous taking on the might of BH) sorry i'll shut up since your pash is all encompasing and never wrong:blah:

What the **** are you on about? :confused:A head injury, play is rightly stopped, if we stopped the play every time a player was injured, we'd have games lasting 3 hours. You are right though, i am rarely wrong.

Hibbyradge
14-02-2010, 03:53 PM
That clearly wasn't a "slip".

I thought he had slipped until I saw it again in the replay.

As did the commentator.

Westie1875
14-02-2010, 03:54 PM
Hanlon's wasn't on target.

Looked like it was to me

Hibbyradge
14-02-2010, 03:55 PM
What the **** are you on about? :confused:A head injury, play is rightly stopped, if we stopped the play every time a player was injured, we'd have games lasting 3 hours. You are right though, i am rarely wrong.

There's an example of you being wrong, right there. :wink:

spudhib
14-02-2010, 03:56 PM

Ok i'm clutching,just good to see KM on his feet,oh and i promise to never challenge you again:greengrin:boo hoo:

Hibbyradge
Looked like it was to me

It may have looked like that, but the replays showed it was going past.

blackpoolhibs
There's an example of you being wrong, right there. :wink:

:top marks :faf:

Toaods
14-02-2010, 03:58 PM

he simply lost his footing (presumably due to his dodgy foot injury).

I thought someone with 'any knowledge of the game' would have saw that too. I certainly never saw any signs of complaint from a single member of the Hibs players or management as there was no need to.

Just bad luck for McBride. At least the game was beyond us at that point so it made no difference to the result.

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2010, 04:01 PM
he simply lost his footing (presumably due to his dodgy foot injury).

I thought someone with 'any knowledge of the game' would have saw that too. I certainly never saw any signs of complaint from a single member of the Hibs players or management as there was no need to.

Just bad luck for McBride. At least the game was beyond us at that point so it made no difference to the result.

I have torn my cruciate ligaments twice playing football, and the game carried on both times. There are some right stupid referee's out there.:wink:

madabouthibs
14-02-2010, 04:05 PM
I think we would have won it if McBride didn't injure himself. A spell on the bench for him I reckon.... :agree:

Golden Bear
14-02-2010, 04:39 PM
Rangers have no case to answer imo. The Ref didn't blow to halt proceedings so the game goes on.

Simple - whether we like it or not.

Part/Time Supporter
14-02-2010, 04:42 PM
Rangers have no case to answer imo. The Ref didn't blow to halt proceedings so the game goes on.

Simple - whether we like it or not.

Of course they don't have a case to answer, but it would at least have been good sportsmanship if their players had shown concern for a fellow professional in that situation. I think we have too a low expectation of footballers if that isn't the case.

The obvious example that everyone is aware of is when di Canio caught the ball after the Everton goalie went down with a knee injury. Bear in mind that was in a situation where the match was 1-1, and it finished like that. Obviously he would have stood to gain far more from that than Thomson / Miller did today.

Perhaps put it another way, would they not have gained more from showing that level of sportsmanship, than they did by scoring the goal?

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Of course they don't have a case to answer, but it would at least have been good sportsmanship if their players had shown concern for a fellow professional in that situation. I think we have too a low expectation of footballers if that isn't the case.

The obvious example that everyone is aware of is when di Canio caught the ball after the Everton goalie went down with a knee injury. Bear in mind that was in a situation where the match was 1-1, and it finished like that. Obviously he would have stood to gain far more from that than Thomson / Miller did today.

Perhaps put it another way, would they not have gained more from showing that level of sportsmanship, than they did by scoring the goal?
I think you are being way too romantic, perhaps today has got the better of you? :wink: I cant agree with any of it though, and if the boot was on the other foot, i'd be very angry if my team did what you wanted rangers to do.

Removed
14-02-2010, 05:08 PM

I think you are being way too romantic, perhaps today has got the better of you? :wink: I cant agree with any of it though, and if the boot was on the other foot, i'd be very angry if my team did what you wanted rangers to do.

I do agree with BH. If I'm watching in with green glasses on and if I thought he just slipped and lost possession how were the Rangers players to know he was hurt?

I can think of plenty times when I've been giving it :grr: when one of our players kicked the ball out or the ref stopped it for a non life threatening injury. I'd have been raging if my team stopped playing as you suggest, that's the refs job and the players to stick the ball in the net. Goal difference may be very important for Der Hun and us - what if they lost the league by one goal or we missed out on Europe by one goal - sportsmanship would then count for hee haw.

AFKA5814_Hibs
14-02-2010, 05:10 PM
The game gets stopped too much as it is when players get injured. Don't think there was anything wrong with the Huns playing on.

weonlywon6-2
14-02-2010, 05:58 PM

you`ve summed it up really.take it on the chin and move on. when the second went in rangers grew in confidence and we couldt pass properly.

hey ho

Toaods
14-02-2010, 06:01 PM
football is no longer a man's game it seems.:dizzy:

Part/Time Supporter
14-02-2010, 06:08 PM
football is no longer a man's game it seems.:dizzy:

It isn't though, really?

eg1 "contact" = a foul (as if football = basketball)

eg2 referees stopping games for random reasons, ie players tieing their laces, even the situation earlier in today's game with the ball smacking off Rankin's face was daft. What was the worst thing that could have happened there?

Toaods
14-02-2010, 06:23 PM
It isn't though, really?

eg2 referees stopping games for random reasons, ie players tieing their laces, even the situation earlier in today's game with the ball smacking off Rankin's face was daft. What was the worst thing that could have happened there?

more of an issue with that wee rat Kenny Miller slamming a simple return ball back by launching it from 45 yards and making Smith have to stretch to clasp it.

madabouthibs
14-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Rankin went down having been hit in the head (ish) with the ball at full(ish) pelt. Completely different to McBride slipping.. :agree:

Darth Hibbie
14-02-2010, 06:50 PM
more of an issue with that wee rat Kenny Miller slamming a simple return ball back by launching it from 45 yards and making Smith have to stretch to clasp it.

:agree:

That was def unsporting and would have been raging if they had scored from that

Toaods
14-02-2010, 06:56 PM
:agree:

That was def unsporting and would have been raging if they had scored from that

I'm sure they would have let us waltz through unopposed to level matters....:faf:

Sir David Gray
14-02-2010, 09:48 PM

:top marks

If I was a manager, I would tell my players to never put the ball out of play and to let the referee decide whether or not to stop the game. Furthermore, I would be completely honest with the opposition and I would let them know what I had told my players to do.

That way, you know exactly where you stand and there can be no outrage when the ball doesn't get kicked out of play just because someone goes down "injured".

HamiltonHibee
14-02-2010, 11:42 PM
I just hope KMcB has not done too much damage as he will be a vital player for Hibs trying to get 3rd and European spot, his partnership with LM will prove to be crucial for the rest of the season, hurry back kevin and keep up the good work, top signing by yogi

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-02-2010, 12:00 AM
Absolutely ridiculous thread!! Why should the huns put the ball immediately out of play coz we lost the ball?!?!?!?!? Matty Jack against DUFC yrs ago wen he threw the ball bk to his own team and we all loved it??? Imagine us wanting Zemmama to kick the ball out of play at ER wen were 2-0 up v rangers with a minute left and thomson has collapsed in the middle of the pitch lookin injured after losing the ball!?!?! Come on...

hibsboy90
15-02-2010, 12:16 AM
Absolutely ridiculous thread!! Why should the huns put the ball immediately out of play coz we lost the ball?!?!?!?!? Matty Jack against DUFC yrs ago wen he threw the ball bk to his own team and we all loved it??? Imagine us wanting Zemmama to kick the ball out of play at ER wen were 2-0 up v rangers with a minute left and thomson has collapsed in the middle of the pitch lookin injured after losing the ball!?!?! Come on...
At the time it may frustrate me, but after contemplation, i would realise it's a sporting gesture for which i would applaud him - much easier to be done when 2 nil up miind.

Like arshavin telling a referee that there was no contact last season.

Allant1981
15-02-2010, 01:00 AM
It isn't though, really?

Have you lost the plot, you want the game stopped when mcbride falls but dont want it stopped when someone is skelped in the coupon, take it you've never been hit full pelt in the face with a ball