PDA

View Full Version : Watching the Game in Glasgow

HibbyScott
14-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Can't make it to Ibrox today unfortunately, but does anyone know any pubs in the city centre that wouldn't be too "hostile" towards a Hibs fan trying to watch the game :greengrin

hibs0666
14-02-2010, 10:38 AM
The Auctioneers just off George Square and across the road from the The Counting House is normally good for watching the football. Cheap peeve as well.

KWJ
14-02-2010, 10:55 AM
Finnigans.

Very much a Celtic bar but I watched Hibs beat Rangers 2-0 there with Riordan & O'Connor a few years ago. They got the goals, they weren't with me.

Tims didn't mind then but at that point we weren't right up their arse!

HibbyAndy
14-02-2010, 10:56 AM
Finnigans.

Very much a Celtic bar but I watched Hibs beat Rangers 2-0 there with Riordan & O'Connor a few years ago. They got the goals, they weren't with me.

Tims didn't mind then but at that point we weren't right up their arse!

That would be 2-1 at ER :wink:

magnificent_seven
14-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Stay well clear of the Auctioneers... It is full of Huns.

Best bet is O'Henrys on Drury Street, Crystal Palace on Jamaica street or The Hall if you are on Sauchiehall Street. All with mixed fans.O'Henrys is definitely your best bet though!

Sandy
14-02-2010, 11:29 AM
That would be 2-1 at ER :wink:

Ivan cross for Deeks, Deeks for Gary's perfect finish :agree:

GlesgaeHibby
14-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Can't make it to Ibrox today unfortunately, but does anyone know any pubs in the city centre that wouldn't be too "hostile" towards a Hibs fan trying to watch the game :greengrin

The Victoria, on Dumbarton Road :devil:

KWJ
14-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Ivan cross for Deeks, Deeks for Gary's perfect finish :agree:

I remember ours as if they were yesterday. Ivans celebration by himself the the east stand.

It's easy to forget theirs :wink:

cwilliamson85
14-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Anything on Paisley road will be good.

I am watching it Red Lizard in merchant city

HibbyScott
14-02-2010, 12:43 PM
The Victoria, on Dumbarton Road :devil:

I think I might pass on that one :greengrin I'd be safer in The Rosevale :bitchy:

Pretty Boy
14-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Get yourself into The Louden.

Lovely bar, friendly people, some nice songs and a few history lessons as well.

Sylar
14-02-2010, 12:55 PM

So you're in Glasgow and can make it to a pub to watch the entire, but not a 5 minute train ride to Ibrox for the game?

Pffft - part time supporter indeed :wink: