PDA

View Full Version : Are Motherwell Cheating?

judas
14-02-2010, 07:36 AM
Do any of you, erm, more mature chaps out there remember Luton and their astro pitch?

They used to tan teams like Liverpool at home (the king pins of the time) and generally resided near the top of Englands top league.

It became clear, when they were forced to drop their astro pitch, that although they had some good players, their real advantage was the pitch itself. Luton were used to it, but no one else could play on it.

Are their paralells with Motherwell and have I spent paralells correctly?

HFC 0-7
14-02-2010, 07:50 AM
Do any of you, erm, more mature chaps out there remember Luton and their astro pitch?

They used to tan teams like Liverpool at home (the king pins of the time) and generally resided near the top of Englands top league.

It became clear, when they were forced to drop their astro pitch, that although they had some good players, their real advantage was the pitch itself. Luton were used to it, but no one else could play on it.

No, because Easter Road pitch is shocking too, as is the pittodrie pitch, in fact i think pittodire has the least amount of grass on it than any other pitch!

WindyMiller
14-02-2010, 08:02 AM

Parallels.:nerd:

franks
14-02-2010, 08:29 AM
No don't believe Well are cheating just pitch is in a poor state because of weather, of which I will get the chance to experience next week.

Hibs pitch is also poor which if anything is to our disadvantage.

HibbyAndy
14-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Remember the stein brothers for Luton :hmmm:

Wernae a bad wee outfit in there day, Shame.

hibiedude
14-02-2010, 10:46 AM
If Motherwell are cheating its not working because they are still Rubbish

monktonharp
14-02-2010, 10:57 AM
No don't believe Well are cheating just pitch is in a poor state because of weather, of which I will get the chance to experience next week.

Hibs pitch is also poor which if anything is to our disadvantage.the weather? are you havin a girraffe? it's been a sheitehole for the last 3 years,they've cancelled games at the last minute because of burst pipes in the stands,forgot to put undersoil heating on etc etc,we were travelling through 2 seasons ago on a sunny March afternoon ,to be told it was off! they are a disgrace,for what's happened over 3 years and should be told that unless it's sorted for next season they can play elsewhere. it's Lanarkshire,not bloody Sibernia!:grr:

greenlex
14-02-2010, 11:11 AM
the weather? are you havin a girraffe? it's been a sheitehole for the last 3 years,they've cancelled games at the last minute because of burst pipes in the stands,forgot to put undersoil heating on etc etc,we were travelling through 2 seasons ago on a sunny March afternoon ,to be told it was off! they are a disgrace,for what's happened over 3 years and should be told that unless it's sorted for next season they can play elsewhere. it's Lanarkshire,not bloody Sibernia!:grr:
To be fair the time they "forgot" to put the heating on they had a certain CIS Cup semi against Hearts at ER midweek. A wee rest the weekend before didnt do them any harm as they despatched the Yams from the competition with ease IIRC. :thumbsup:
Now thats cheating in my book.:greengrin