PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates *** Rangers vs Hibs***

Pages : [1] 2 3

CalgaryHibs
14-02-2010, 04:13 AM
Hibs travel to Ibrox today in a vital game which we could steal all 3 points remember what happen at Parkhead ?

(If your going through to the match please give the boys a cheer for me )

Any team yet ???

What the weather like in both Edinburgh and Glasgow today ??

:hnet::flag:

Lucius Apuleius
14-02-2010, 04:26 AM
Cannot answer for the weedge or the capital, but it is still dark on the slave coast. Overnight rain so it looks like rainy season is coming early:boo hoo:

'mon the Hibees

Glory glory.

bob12345
14-02-2010, 04:28 AM
Away to sleep. Game is 830 ET, can't wait.

hibby67
14-02-2010, 04:31 AM
people are up early this morning.....to excited to sleep are you
i have an excuse i am on my night shift......:yawn:
so i will be sleeping when the game is on...lets hope i wake up to some good news.............:thumbsup:

Lucius Apuleius
14-02-2010, 04:34 AM
I have an excuse too. I am on day shift (as always) and started an hour ago:greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
14-02-2010, 04:36 AM
I can confirm it's dark in Edinburgh, probably the same in glasgow:wink:

hibby67
14-02-2010, 04:45 AM
I have an excuse too. I am on day shift (as always) and started an hour ago:greengrin

does 04:30 count as a day shift.......
sounds like a very early day shift......:dizzy:

Lucius Apuleius
14-02-2010, 05:01 AM
does 04:30 count as a day shift.......
sounds like a very early day shift......:dizzy:

Well we are an hour ahead so it is really 05.30. Offishul hours are 6-6 but I like to get in early!!

SRHibs
14-02-2010, 05:11 AM
I just woke up and I can't get back to sleep.:boo hoo:
Well, now that CH has made the thread, we know we're going to win. The only question that remains, is how many are we going to put past them? I'll go for yet another 3-0 spanking.

hibiedude
14-02-2010, 05:18 AM
Its cold in the west but its early

Looking forward to the game working till 2.00 so will miss the start

It use to be said that when you play the old firm you had to score the 1st goal to stand any chance, but thats not the case these days as Aberdeen proved yesterday.

Danger men for them will be Davis & Papac.

Ian Murray and Bamba are crucial for us

Forget the headline players this game will be won by the team who performs best at the back.

hibby67
14-02-2010, 05:33 AM
Well we are an hour ahead so it is really 05.30. Offishul hours are 6-6 but I like to get in early!!

you dont work out on the riggs out in africa do you?
i have a mate back in dumbar stevie (scobby) smith who works out there
i am sure he over in the congo now?

IWasThere2016
14-02-2010, 05:52 AM
people are up early this morning.....to excited to sleep are you
i have an excuse i am on my night shift......:yawn:
so i will be sleeping when the game is on...lets hope i wake up to some good news.............:thumbsup:

I'm up for golf! Then it's take the wee man to play 5's - booked by his manager for 12.30 to 1.30 :grr: So it'll be the wireless for me!

C'MON THE HIBEES - GET RIGHT INTO THEY HUNS :thumbsup:

Lucius Apuleius
14-02-2010, 05:57 AM
you dont work out on the riggs out in africa do you?
i have a mate back in dumbar stevie (scobby) smith who works out there
i am sure he over in the congo now?

Nah, have been on them, not a lot of fun. Work onshore now but still remote sites.

bighairyfaeleith
14-02-2010, 05:57 AM
I reckon a wee surprise formation and line up from yogi will give us the edge today.

I reckon galbraith might get a shot

MSK
14-02-2010, 06:02 AM
Just ready to leave for a long day at work ..wont finish until 8.30pm ....mon hibs do the business !!!! :notworthy::thumbsup:

joe breezy
14-02-2010, 06:59 AM
Going along to Quinns although have no idea if anyone is watching it there nae answer on the London Hibs facebook page

hibbie02
14-02-2010, 07:10 AM
Going along to Quinns although have no idea if anyone is watching it there nae answer on the London Hibs facebook page

Was going to update Facebook, but I cannae get in to it. Been having probs since they changed the front end. Anyways, there is no 'fishul LH meeting in Quinns (apparently too many members are no allowed oot today for some reason :confused:) but I am sure there will be a few in there anyway. I cannae make it either..... :cool2:

joe breezy
14-02-2010, 07:19 AM
Was going to update Facebook, but I cannae get in to it. Been having probs since they changed the front end. Anyways, there is no 'fishul LH meeting in Quinns (apparently too many members are no allowed oot today for some reason :confused:) but I am sure there will be a few in there anyway. I cannae make it either..... :cool2:

Thanks, I've just got cooncil telly at the moment and all the boozers round this way will be Spurs only, Quinns will be busy with Spurs fans too but hopefully they'll let us have a screen for the Hibs

SaudiHibby
14-02-2010, 07:24 AM
Nice and sunny here. Heading to the Dilmun Club to share a pint or two with the Bahrain True Blues. There maybe trouble aheeeaaaaadddddd :agree::greengrin

CentreLine
14-02-2010, 08:02 AM
Clear sky and hardly a breath of wind. Chilly of course but no frost in Edinburgh. If it is like this over there it should be perfect conditions to have a right good go at them

GGTTH:notworthy:

Riordans Boots
14-02-2010, 08:22 AM
'Mon the Hibs and get in tae these huns. A St.Valentines Day massacre please :scarf: :flag:

down-the-slope
14-02-2010, 08:46 AM
Lets hope the team does themselves justice...

If we play like first 20 mins against them at ER (but for most of the match) we have nothing to fear, and could get a great result

I suspect however another draw (which would be decent result:agree:) or a narrow 2-1 win for them :boo hoo:

I will be driving the kids to my parents for their half term holiday - so its car stereo for first half & mobile tinternet updates on here for second (hidden under dinner table :wink:) not ideal....hopefully no road rage.

Also wednesdays re-arranged game will be on while I drive kids all the way to Bedford to other grannys for second part of their half term (except I have to stay :rolleyes:) so listning on a poor reception while negotiating the A1...total torture...shame would have been at game had it not been postponed

blueisthecolour
14-02-2010, 08:59 AM
Hibs travel to Ibrox today in a vital game which we could steal all 3 points remember what happen at Parkhead ?

(If your going through to the match please give the boys a cheer for me )

Any team yet ???

What the weather like in both Edinburgh and Glasgow today ??

:hnet::flag:

I can confirm it has been raining in glasgow, it's off at the moment sky's are clearing.

What I really want to know is why the match day thread I started was pulled?:confused::confused::confused::hide:

Saorsa
14-02-2010, 09:05 AM
I can confirm it has been raining in glasgow, it's off at the moment sky's are clearing.

What I really want to know is why the match day thread I started was pulled?:confused::confused::confused::hide:I think you know fine why it was pulled and why you started it. :yawn:

Gerrintaethem
14-02-2010, 09:06 AM

What I really want to know is why the match day thread I started was pulled?:confused::confused::confused::hide:

If CalgaryHibs doesn't start it, then Hibs lose.

HibbyAndy
14-02-2010, 09:06 AM

Because the last one you started, Well..Unirea ripped yous a new hole 4-1 at Hunbrox.

Why would we let you as a Rangers fan start a matchday thread on OUR forum?

:bitchy:

MyJo
14-02-2010, 09:08 AM

because your a tosser.

on-the-level
14-02-2010, 09:08 AM

because your a hun bum :bandit:

Riordans Boots
14-02-2010, 09:12 AM
http://www.hibs.net/message/attachment.php?attachmentid=5437&stc=1&d=1266059558 :no way:

Kaiser_Sauzee
14-02-2010, 09:14 AM
because your a tosser.

Nae need.

blueisthecolour
14-02-2010, 09:15 AM
I think you know fine why it was pulled and why you started it. :yawn:

:top marks

weather update, raining again

KWJ
14-02-2010, 09:17 AM
Thought it was a 3pm kick off so I might have a peak down the pubs to see if they've got it on. Setanta aren't showing it here til 9am tomorrow.

Not decided what to do yet.

Mon the cabbage.

MyJo
14-02-2010, 09:18 AM
Nae need.

A hun spending his time on a hibs message board posting guff to try and wind us up and trying to start a match update thread for the rangers v hibs game fully aware of the superstition of Calgaryhibs and his update threads on here,

Every need IMO. get him to F***

Saorsa
14-02-2010, 09:19 AM
Nae need.In your opinion?

I dinnae believe for a minute the the person that starts the match thread makes one iota of difference tae the outcome of the game (other people can believe what they like) but the hun kens whae starts the match threads on this board and he posted that thread tae provoke a reaction.

He's a wind up merchant and if was doon tae me he'd have been emptied long since.

bingo70
14-02-2010, 09:23 AM
A hun spending his time on a hibs message board posting guff to try and wind us up and trying to start a match update thread for the rangers v hibs game fully aware of the superstition of Calgaryhibs and his update threads on here,

This is not a dig at yourself but i find it hilarious that people think the person that starts the match update thread on hibs.net has a direct effect on who wins a game of football :faf:

Suppose it's more of a dig at people who are not involved in the game but have superstitions like lucky pants, scarfs etc

Hibernian Verse
14-02-2010, 09:27 AM

Who cares who he supports, he's been decent since he joined and has added to the banter. I'm sure you must have a friend or two that support Rangers?

Kaiser_Sauzee
14-02-2010, 09:32 AM

So what if he's on here for a windup? It's banter. The boy is harmless. We are Hibernian - show the class that comes with supporting the club.

MyJo
14-02-2010, 09:36 AM
This is not a dig at yourself but i find it hilarious that people think the person that starts the match update thread on hibs.net has a direct effect on who wins a game of football :faf:

Suppose it's more of a dig at people who are not involved in the game but have superstitions like lucky pants, scarfs etc

I don't believe that anyone actually thinks that it has a direct affect on the results, its more of a humorous tradition of the messageboard for the regular posters to have a laugh about.

Who cares who he supports, he's been decent since he joined and has added to the banter. I'm sure you must have a friend or two that support Rangers?

He's a wind-up merchant and although i tend to ignore anything that is posted the few that i have had the misfortune to read have been condescending and snidey in an attempt to provoke a reaction. But seeing as we're all inclusive here why dont we invite Boabster or Le Chat over to start the updates thread for the next Derby or get Jack Regan to do it for the next Celtic match :dunno:

biggie1875
14-02-2010, 09:38 AM
As I was walking along the Copland Road
I met a total stranger
He said to me, are you going to see
The famous Glagow Rangers

So I went along to Ibrox Park
Just to see the famous Glasgow Rangers
But the boys in blue, got *****ed six two
By the Famous Edinburgh Hibees
N' NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH ...

moan the hibees:thumbsup:

Www1875hfc
So what if he's on here for a windup? It's banter. The boy is harmless. We are Hibernian - show the class that comes with supporting the club.

Then why was his thread deleted?

Get him tae ******. how long would a hibs fan last on follow follow?

Im working class :greengrin

passionatehibby

:agree:

bingo70
14-02-2010, 09:40 AM
I don't believe that anyone actually thinks that it has a direct affect on the results, its more of a humorous tradition of the messageboard for the regular posters to have a laugh about.

He's a wind-up merchant and although i tend to ignore anything that is posted the few that i have had the misfortune to read have been condescending and snidey in an attempt to provoke a reaction. But seeing as we're all inclusive here why dont we invite Boabster or Le Chat over to start the updates thread for the next Derby or get Jack Regan to do it for the next Celtic match :dunno:

As long as the match updates appear on that thread from a hibs perspective i can't see what difference it makes who starts the thread?

I realise it's just a laugh mate i just think it's funny how serious some people take it.

HibbyAndy
14-02-2010, 09:41 AM
Mon the Hibees, Gerrintae these smelly trampy hun Bassas.

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

silverhibee
14-02-2010, 09:43 AM
In your opinion?

I dinnae believe for a minute the the person that starts the match thread makes one iota of difference tae the outcome of the game (other people can believe what they like) but the hun kens whae starts the match threads on this board and he posted that thread tae provoke a reaction.

He's a wind up merchant and if was doon tae me he'd have been emptied long since.

HEAR HEAR. :hnet::top marks:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

MyJo
14-02-2010, 09:43 AM
As long as the match updates appear on that thread from a hibs perspective i can't see what difference it makes who starts the thread?

I realise it's just a laugh mate i just think it's funny how serious some people take it.

I dont have a problem with who starts the update threads, i have posted a few times (jokingly) about us losing because CH didn't start it but in reality i don't actually mind however a patronising Hun starting a match update thread for a rangers match on here trying to get people wound-up is the problem on this occasion.

Kaiser_Sauzee
14-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Ach, let's just everyone open a beer and stop being so angry of a Sunday morning.

HibbyAndy
14-02-2010, 09:49 AM
Ach, let's just everyone open a beer and stop being so angry of a Sunday morning.

:aok:

We are aw Hibby's :thumbsup:

bingo70
14-02-2010, 09:49 AM
I dont have a problem with who starts the update threads, i have posted a few times (jokingly) about us losing because CH didn't start it but in reality i don't actually mind however a patronising Hun starting a match update thread for a rangers match on here trying to get people wound-up is the problem on this occasion.

Think thats what i don't get, i don't understand why would that wind people up.

Anyway, **** it, doesnae matter, 'mon the cabbage :thumbsup:

Hibernian Verse
14-02-2010, 09:53 AM
why dont we invite Boabster or Le Chat over to start the updates thread for the next Derby or get Jack Regan to do it for the next Celtic match :dunno:

It's just a football match! :greengrin Why are you letting this bother you so much, all he did was start a match thread. He's a part of the board and we're playing his team, so what.

Riordans Boots
14-02-2010, 09:53 AM

:thumbsup:

Conundrum = Sexy arse

HibbyAndy
14-02-2010, 09:54 AM

Conundrum = Sexy arse

So im told :cool2:

wick hibby
14-02-2010, 09:54 AM
3 points today would be great :notworthy::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

HibbyAndy
14-02-2010, 09:55 AM
3 points today would be great :notworthy::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Awrite mate, Whatever happened to Jelly bean? :confused:

MyJo
14-02-2010, 10:00 AM
It's just a football match! :greengrin Why are you letting this bother you so much, all he did was start a match thread. He's a part of the board and we're playing his team, so what.

Why is he on here for match updates?? Surely he should be going to Ibrox, or going to the pub to watch on the telly or even posting on a rangers site to get match updates.......its was a deliberate attempt to wind up Hibs fans after spending (too much) time on these boards and becoming aware of the "in-joke" that is Calgaryhibs and his update threads.

I generally ignore him, and will continue to do so after this, but he asked a question and "all i did" was give him an answer,

Judas Iscariot
14-02-2010, 10:01 AM
:aok:

We are aw Hibby's :thumbsup:

Apart from the Hun **** :wink:

Hainan Hibs
14-02-2010, 10:09 AM
Mon the Hibees, another 3-0 humping of the Huns would be lovely :thumbsup:

blueisthecolour
14-02-2010, 10:11 AM
I posted the match thread YESTERDAY as a joke knowing it would be binned, if anyone got to see it(it lasted all of 2 mins) they would have seen I did it about 1 min after someone posted where is CH, I said I was his stand in with a smilie with a bag over my head the same one used today, I thought people would realise it was a joke.

And to the poster who said why am I not away to the game, I stay 10-15mins from Ibrox:wink:

SaudiHibby
14-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Seems a nice enough bloke to me. I, of course, reserve the right to abuse the t wat if we get beat today :wink:

MrSmith
14-02-2010, 10:17 AM
And to the poster who said why am I not away to the game, I stay 10-15mins from Ibrox:wink:

Shame for you! :boo hoo::dummytit: :wink: :devil:

Hibby D
14-02-2010, 10:18 AM

It's worked then :greengrin

Seems a nice enough bloke to me. I, of course, reserve the right to abuse the t wat if we get beat today :wink:

btw I preferred it when you'd typed "boke" :wink:

SaudiHibby
14-02-2010, 10:19 AM
It's worked then :greengrin

btw I preferred it when you'd typed "boke" :wink:

Well spotted :greengrin

mim
14-02-2010, 10:27 AM
brownisthecolour should be treated with the utmost respect on this board, just like everyone else. :fibber:

The same goes for Jack ("Scott Brown isn't good enough for Celtic") Reagan. I certainly hold him in similar esteem. :wink:

WestEndHibee
14-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Come on lads it's Sunday morning! arguments shouldn't start til at least mid-day! Lets save our slagging of the currant buns til after the game when we've either played like kings and come away with a deserved win :wink: or played like kings and come away losing to a 12 man team and got a man sent off for a non penalty. thats the only two scenarios i can picture. :thumbsup:

hibiedude
14-02-2010, 10:41 AM
I posted the match thread YESTERDAY as a joke knowing it would be binned, if anyone got to see it(it lasted all of 2 mins) they would have seen I did it about 1 min after someone posted where is CH, I said I was his stand in with a smilie with a bag over my head the same one used today, I thought people would realise it was a joke.

I have alway enjoyed the banter with blueisthecolour and found him to be a good laugh/addition to Hibs.net

I think some people are a bit touchy this morning

Lets pump the Huns 2-0 and give our visitor it tight :greengrin

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
14-02-2010, 10:47 AM
As long as we get a fair referee and not Thomshun and Grand Master Richmond, we can get something.

Moody Mulder
14-02-2010, 10:51 AM

and for that you have my deepest sympathy

Barney McGrew
14-02-2010, 10:56 AM
As long as we get a fair referee and not Thomshun and Grand Master Richmond, we can get something.

It's Steve Conroy today.

He not biased, he's just rubbish.

Saorsa
14-02-2010, 10:58 AM
It's Steve Conroy today.

He not biased, he's just rubbish.He'll be more rubbish for us though.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
14-02-2010, 10:59 AM
It's Steve Conroy today.

He not biased, he's just rubbish.

Rubbish isn't as bad as biased, if he gives the hun as much rubbish as us.

blueisthecolour
14-02-2010, 11:00 AM
I have alway enjoyed the banter with blueisthecolour and found him to be a good laugh/addition to Hibs.net

I think some people are a bit touchy this morning

Lets pump the Huns 2-0 and give our visitor it tight :greengrin

If that happens, I will be on as normal to take the ribbing, after all I give it out, so must be man enough to take it back, but if we win, I will hold of until tomorrow before giving the stick, that give's the board time to get over it:wink:

Barney McGrew
14-02-2010, 11:01 AM
He'll be more rubbish for us though.

Remember this (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2010/01/17/ref-steven-conroy-and-his-assistants-had-a-bad-day-says-hibs-boss-john-hughes-86908-21974298/) from a few weeks ago last time he was in charge of one of our games

heidtheba
14-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Sorry if this has been posted already but is this on TV today?

wick hibby
14-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Awrite mate, Whatever happened to Jelly bean? :confused:

Jelly bean in now in Australia :boo hoo: I keep her right on what is going on. :thumbsup:

Barney McGrew
14-02-2010, 11:05 AM

Sky Sports 1

greenlex
14-02-2010, 11:06 AM
The Hibs Players are on the pitch having a nosey around as I type. :thumbsup:

Come on The Hibees.:flag:

Riordans Boots

Sky Sports 1 at I.30pm.

heidtheba
Sweet - was only lookin at ESPN
Ta

Woody1985
14-02-2010, 11:08 AM
C'MON HIBS! :notworthy:

KWJ
14-02-2010, 11:16 AM
No pub is able to show it in Darwin until 9am tomorrow when they are shut. My internet is going slow as so I won't be able to watch it online and BBC don't put live games on overseas.

Can't even seem to get off the ball live online at the moment. This is going to be painful :blah::bitchy:

Hainan Hibs
14-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Not going to risk watching the game in a pub in Aberdeen. When we beat Celtic 2-0 at ER I couldn't control myself and screamed "Get it right up the lot of ye's" to a group of soap dodgers and when Mixu's team got gubbed 2-0 by Hearts in the Cup a stool got booted across the floor.

Internet it is :greengrin

stokesmessiah
14-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Sky Sports 1 at I.30pm.

Programme starts @ 1 though.

cabbageandribs1875
14-02-2010, 11:36 AM

:faf: there's a few posters on here would literally :boo hoo: bizarre

bingo70
14-02-2010, 11:36 AM
hibs team

smith
murray
hanlon
hogg
miller
rankin
zemmama
gow
benji
stokes

Barney McGrew
14-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Team:

Smith
Murray
Hanlon
Bamba
Hogg
Gow
Rankin
Miller
Zemmama
Stokes
Benji

hibsbollah
14-02-2010, 11:38 AM
hibs team

smith
murray
hanlong
hogg
miller
rankin
zemmama
gow
benji
stokes

I assume youve missed out spoony. Very attacking line up, Zemmama vs McCulluch should be interesting.

Barney McGrew
Huns:

McGregor
Whittaker
Bougherra
Weir
Papac
McCulloch
Davis
Katie
Beasley
Boyd
Miller

Mister P
Team:

Smith
Murray
Hanlon
Bamba
Hogg
Gow
Rankin
Miller
Zemmama
Stokes
Benji

No Deeks or Spoony!

Bench?

Silver Fox
14-02-2010, 11:39 AM
wholesale changes :wink:

rainman
I assume youve missed out spoony. Very attacking line up, Zemmama vs McCulluch should be interesting.

And Bamba? :confused:

The 2 posts above give different teams.

hibsbollah
Team:

Smith
Murray
Hanlon
Bamba
Hogg
Gow
Rankin
Miller
Zemmama
Stokes
Benji

Hogg RB?

bingo70
No-one can accuse us of not having a go anyway.

Suppose Yogi will be thinkking regardless of who is in midfield they'll probably dominate so we're as well making sure we're a real threat going forward.

Who'll play right back? can only think of murray playing there but was he not honking against hamilton there?

Barney McGrew
14-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Hogg RB?

3-5-2 with Bamba or Murray in midfield?

Part/Time Supporter
14-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Team:

Smith
Murray
Hanlon
Bamba
Hogg
Gow
Rankin
Miller
Zemmama
Stokes
Benji

Back four with Hogg at right back; Middle two of Rankin and Miller; Benji supporting Stokes and the other two wide. (ie the usual 4-2-3-1, but with different personnel)

Rationale:

Wotherspoon struggled badly against Lafferty in the previous two games due to the height factor, the team was more solid in the last 30 at Ibrox with Hogg at right back.

McBride was taken off at h/t on Wednesday and may be still struggling with his ankle

Riordan workrate issue against the opposing full back, and even Bougherra coming forward from right centre half. (Riordan was responsible for one of the goals in the 4-1 game)

That can't be a 3-5-2 team, there is nobody to play right wing back. Wotherspoon would need to come on for one of the forward players to make a possible 3-5-2.

It appears that Yogi has been double bluffed to a certain extent by the fact the Huns have picked Beasley rather than Lafferty.

K.Marx
14-02-2010, 11:46 AM
It appears that Yogi has been double bluffed to a certain extent by the fact the Huns have picked Beasley rather than Lafferty.

deffinately, really dont fancy hogg out wide against beasley:confused:

Winston Ingram
14-02-2010, 11:46 AM
3-5-2:grr:

Back to the 90's for Yogi then:boo hoo:

Hibby Kay-Yay
14-02-2010, 11:48 AM

Is that confirmed?

Winston Ingram
14-02-2010, 11:48 AM
This is the one thing that really worries me about Yogi. 'Special' formations for big games.

Alex Miller used to do that and caused 22 in a row:grr:

hibsbollah
14-02-2010, 11:49 AM

i dont think it will be, unless Zemmama is wide right?

Hibby Kay-Yay
14-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Are Rangers set up for 4-3-3?

Hibby Kay-Yay
14-02-2010, 11:50 AM
This is the one thing that really worries me about Yogi. 'Special' formations for big games.

Yogi's done alright so far?

Sylar
14-02-2010, 11:50 AM
So we're looking at:

Smith
Hogg Bamba Hanlon
Zouma Rankin Miller Gow Murray
Benji Stokes

VS

McGregor
Whittaker Bougherra Weir Papac
McCulloch
Davis Thomson Beasley
Boyd Miller

If Hogg is indeed playing RB, then I seriously fear for him as Beasley will destroy him for pace. I'd rather see a back 4 with Hogg and Bamba in the middle flanked by Murray on the left and Hanlon on the right in a 4-3-3, with Gow tucking in behind Stokes and Benji.

I'm glad to see Riordan is being given a rest, as he's just not looked sharp lately.

Sadly, I still fear for us today...

stevensons-fan
14-02-2010, 11:51 AM
I'm quite nervous now about this :worried:Is Mcbride out injured?

Barney McGrew
Four up front?? Did I just hear that right?

WTF!!

Westie1875
i dont think it will be, unless Zemmama is wide right?

Or Miller?

Part/Time Supporter
So we're looking at:

Smith
Hogg Bamba Hanlon
Zouma Rankin Miller Gow Murray
Benji Stokes

VS

McGregor
Whittaker Bougherra Weir Papac
McCulloch
Davis Thomson Beasley
Boyd Miller

If Hogg is indeed playing RB, then I seriously fear for him as Beasley will destroy him for pace. I'd rather see a back 4 with Hogg and Bamba in the middle flanked by Murray on the left and Hanlon on the right in a 4-3-3, with Gow tucking in behind Stokes and Benji.

I'm glad to see Riordan is being given a rest, as he's just not looked sharp lately.

Sadly, I still fear for us today...

:faf:

Beasley is only just back from injury, may not be 100%.

Sylar
Are Rangers set up for 4-3-3?

I imagine they'll probably play a diamond midfield 4, with McCulloch tucking in behind their other 3, sitting in front of their defense.

I'd like to have seen McBride starting, as we're going to need someone with a bite to try and stop Davis playing.

SidBurns
Back four with Hogg at right back; Middle two of Rankin and Miller; Benji supporting Stokes and the other two wide.

Rationale:

Wotherspoon struggled badly against Lafferty in the previous two games due to the height factor, the team was more solid in the last 30 at Ibrox with Hogg at right back.

McBride was taken off at h/t on Wednesday and may be still struggling with his ankle

Riordan workrate issue against the opposing full back, and even Bougherra coming forward from right centre half. (Riordan was responsible for one of the goals in the 4-1 game)

That can't be a 3-5-2 team, there is nobody to play right wing back. Wotherspoon would need to come on for one of the forward players to make a possible 3-5-2.

Maybe even a 3-1-2-4? Murray, Hogg, Hanlon - Sol - Miller, Rank - Benji, Zoom, Stokes & Gow?

Ell_Chrisso
14-02-2010, 11:52 AM
I don't think that will end up a change in formation. I think the only thing that's maybe going to happen is that Stokes will be upfront by himself, with Benji in more of a support role.

Hogg Bamba Hanlon Murray
Zemmama Miller Rankin Gow
Benji
Stokes

Hogg will be at RB to cover for Zemmama, as Wotherspoon behind him, would have left us very vulnerable.

Sylar
14-02-2010, 11:52 AM
:faf:

Is he entirely left sided?

PaulSmith
14-02-2010, 11:54 AM

Over reaction post on this thread thus far!

hibs0666
just on m way to game and good to see we have not bottled it.

hibsbollah
I don't think that will end up a change in formation. I think the only thing that's maybe going to happen is that Stokes will be upfront by himself, with Benji in more of a support role.

Hogg Bamba Hanlon Murray
Zemmama Miller Rankin Gow
Benji
Stokes

Hogg will be at RB to cover for Zemmama, as Wotherspoon behind him, would have left us very vulnerable.

thats what i think too:agree:

Ell_Chrisso
14-02-2010, 11:55 AM
I think it's about time some of us started chilling out, and letting the OPPOSITION worry about us, rather than we worry about them.

CapitalHibs
14-02-2010, 11:56 AM
21. Graeme Smith

6. Ian Murray

4. Chris Hogg

26. Souleymane Bamba

20. Paul Hanlon

7. Merouane Zemmama

33. Liam Miller

11. John Rankin

28. Alan Gow

18. Anthony Stokes

19. Abdessalam Benjelloun

SUBS
1. Graham Stack (GK)

8. Patrick Cregg

9. Colin Nish

10. Derek Riordan

16. Lewis Stevenson

17. Kevin McBride

24. David Wotherspoon

houston1875
14-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Wasnt it at dundee utd away game when we played 3-5-2(5-3-2) in the 2nd half?
:greengrin

Silver Fox
14-02-2010, 11:57 AM
5-3-2 as yogi mentioned in his interview on Friday perhaps?

Hibby Kay-Yay
14-02-2010, 11:57 AM

WTF!!

What you listening too?

bigwheel
14-02-2010, 11:58 AM

Yes, isn't it outrageous that our manager should try to change some tactics to influence the outcome of a game....he must go :bitchy: :bitchy:

K.Marx
14-02-2010, 11:59 AM
9. Colin Nish

10. Derek Riordan

17. Kevin McBride

24. David Wotherspoon

if things arent going our way we've deffinately got a bench that can change the game:agree:

Part/Time Supporter
14-02-2010, 11:59 AM

WTF!!

Yogi's spin. It's the usual system they play, with the 3 deeper forwards trying to support the main striker, Stokes.

Barney McGrew
14-02-2010, 12:00 PM
What you listening too?

Yogi interview on SSN.

Interviewer asked him if he thought it was risky playing four up front, Yogi said no - Miller and Rankin are among the fittest midfielders in the league and will allow the other four to push up.

:greengrin

Westie1875
14-02-2010, 12:02 PM
JC in the sky studio :greengrin

hibsbollah
Roddy Forsyth has just spoken to Yogi, who has confirmed its 4-2-4...

SRHibs
This host does my ****ing nut in.

Hibs90
How ****ing minging is that boaky blonde bitch on SS1. She is heefin. :jamboak:

Hainan Hibs

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:
:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

JoeTortolanoFanClub
14-02-2010, 12:03 PM
2-3-5, the Subbuteo formation:

Smith

Murray Hanlon

Hogg Bamba Rankin

Zemmama Miller Stokes Benji Gow

SRHibs

Haha. Yogi's a nutter.:thumbsup:
Let's get into them.:agree:

Part/Time Supporter

Aye, when Hibs are attacking, defensively it will be more like 4-2-3-1. Stokes will be the only player left up the pitch when the Huns have the ball.

PeterboroHibee
Not convinced by that line up but have faith in Yogi so..

bingo70
14-02-2010, 12:04 PM
How ****ing minging is that boaky blonde bitch on SS1. She is heefin. :jamboak:

Would definately still pump her :agree:

TheGreenMan
It will be;

Smith

Hogg Bamba Hanlon Murray

Miller Rankin

Zouma Benji Gow

Stokes

Sylar
So....Rangers are playing Hibs at Ibrox, and what's the first thing Sky are talking about?

:jamboak:

Mikey
Good to see we're going there with a formation designed to win the game.

James.
14-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Is this not what we were basically playing when Yogi took McBride off at half time for Zouma against the Sheep?

hibsbollah
14-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Gow to rip Whittaker a new one on the left:thumbsup:

Hibs90
14-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Notice Lafferty isny playing either. So maybe should have started Wotherspoon?

Also., Deeks to come off the bench and score the winner?

CalgaryHibs
14-02-2010, 12:15 PM
Halo everyone
got me cuppa and ready to go.

MON THE HI-BEES!!!

Hibercelona
14-02-2010, 12:15 PM
Yogi's a legend.

Even if we lose today, he's still a ******ing legend. :agree:

...WentToMowAnSPL
14-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Arrrgghhh in Houston, thought no problem I'll listen over the internet to BBC scotland and then I get ...

Cannot play media. Sorry, this media is not available in your territory.
Live commentary from BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound.
Please note: this match is only available to listeners in the UK.

How come I never thought of this ... :grr: Options please folks ?

Toaods
14-02-2010, 12:16 PM
It will be;

Smith

Hogg Bamba Hanlon Murray

Miller Rankin

Zouma Benji Gow

Stokes

that's the way I see it - going for short, sharp intricate passes to go more or less play straight through Weir and Bougherra.

Neither Deek nor Gow would worry Whittaker on the outside and Papac is a good player on the other side so for me, we have it about right here.

Hibercelona
14-02-2010, 12:17 PM
Arrrgghhh in Houston, thought no problem I'll listen over the internet to BBC scotland and then I get ...

Have you got freeview or sky?

You can get BBC Scotland on them

Hainan Hibs
14-02-2010, 12:17 PM

I don't know the technical aspects of it but I remember reading you can get a Uk IP address somehow and trick the bbc website into thinking you are in the Uk.

Not much help I know:greengrin

soupy
14-02-2010, 12:18 PM
cmon the cabbage...............:notworthy:

Sylar
14-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Have you got freeview or sky?

You can get BBC Scotland on them

Which part of "In Houston" did you miss? :greengrin

CalgaryHibs
14-02-2010, 12:21 PM

========
Any links to view the game ? The Setanta feed cut out after 5 mins. pm me please:greengrin

Pretty Boy
14-02-2010, 12:22 PM

I'm sure the boozer justins will have it on it's .tv. Either that or you could try a quick holiday to iraq for the goals.co.uk.

Wotherspiniesta
14-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Galbraith left out completely again.

Ell_Chrisso
Go on yourself son. Hogg just ACED that interview! :thumbsup:

NOLA
White strip again today?

...WentToMowAnSPL
14-02-2010, 12:26 PM
I'm sure the boozer justins will have it on it's .tv. Either that or you could try a quick holiday to iraq for the goals.co.uk.

Just subscribed to Hibs Interactive.. as a one off :-)

(tiny window though)

Come on hibs..

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2010, 12:28 PM

(tiny window though)

Come on hibs..

Right click, and just click full screen

PeeJay

(tiny window though)

Come on hibs..

Try double clicking on the window! C',mon the Hibees!:thumbsup:

OtterHibee
Go on yourself son. Hogg just ACED that interview! :thumbsup:

What was said?

SRHibs
The fact that we can make 4 changes and still have a full strength squad is quite impressive.:agree:

Hainan Hibs
14-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Get intae thum Hibs:notworthy::notworthy:
:flag::flag::flag::flag:

hibsbollah
14-02-2010, 12:30 PM
What was said?

He said he hates the huns and is going to break thomshuns leg:agree:

iwasthere1972
14-02-2010, 12:31 PM
========
Any links to view the game ? The Setanta feed cut out after 5 mins. pm me please:greengrin

I'm in. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
14-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Bamba clear it. :grr:

Ell_Chrisso
dive

Sylar
On the back foot early doors...

iwasthere1972
14-02-2010, 12:34 PM
dive

:agree: Cheating barsteward

Sylar
14-02-2010, 12:34 PM
They're ripping like wet loo roll here!!!! Beasley looks dangerous, as does Davis.

Hibs90
14-02-2010, 12:36 PM
More sectarian bile from the disgusting supporters.

Sylar
14-02-2010, 12:37 PM
More sectarian bile from the disgusting supporters.

They've only sung "Glasgow Rangers Champions" and "Blue Sea of Ibrox" so far :confused:

NOLA
14-02-2010, 12:38 PM
He said he hates the huns and is going to break thomshuns leg:agree:

thought that's what he said,:greengrin

Ell_Chrisso
Anyone already fed up of that twat beasley?

Sylar
Beasley wins yet another free kick after Hogg gifts the ball to Miller.

Thankfully it comes to nothing again!

SRHibs
14-02-2010, 12:39 PM
No team really doing anything so far. Rangers have been a tad better.

bingo70
They've only sung "Glasgow Rangers Champions" and "Blue Sea of Ibrox" so far :confused:

Definately heard them singing something that included "fenian *******s", think it was the "no one like us......" song.

Barney McGrew
Bamba looks like he's in bombscare mode

iwasthere1972
There appears to be a larger number than usual of huns fans wearing Rangers tops.

:doh: Just put ma glasses on - they're seats. :greengrin

Sylar
Utterly no presence in midfield - the ball just keeps coming back at us here.

Westie1875

:agree: Someone needs to batter into a tackle on him soon (completely legally of course)

Baw Baggio
Beasley cant stay on his feet :grr:

Pussy

Wembley67
14-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Definately heard them singing something that included "fenian *******s", think it was the "no one like us......" song.

who cares what they sing

Hainan Hibs
14-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Getting rogered on our right side.

Hibs90
14-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Our passing looks a tad sloppy. Benji's done alright so far.

Hainan Hibs
14-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Some good play there from Zemmama.

Ell_Chrisso
Arghhhh, Murray should have taken it down

iwasthere1972
Better from Hibs.

Sylar

Is he a twat because he's ripping us to pieces down the right, or because he's drawn 3 legitimate fouls?

Sadly for us, he looks in the mood.

Normally I don't mind seeing him "in the mood" as it boads well for our World Cup squad, but I'd have happily watched him have a shocker against us.

CalgaryHibs
14-02-2010, 12:43 PM
lost feed :grr:

need updates guys n gals

hibsbollah
14-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Billy Dodds; 'Bamba thinks he's better than he is because hes back from the african cup of nations':rolleyes:

what a hun plum.

Sylar
lost feed :grr:

need updates guys n gals

Hibs have scored 4 goals in 2 minutes and Rangers are down to 9 men, with Thomson being carried off after chipping a nail :agree:

Westie1875
Thats it on mute, commentators doing my nut in already

Petrie's Tache
14-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Would definately still pump her :agree:

Youd **** a barbers flair!

Hibs90
14-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Liam Liam Miller Liam Liam Miller :thumbsup:

Ell_Chrisso
dive no2

Hainan Hibs
McCulloch is a big fairy.

What a tosser:grr:

Sylar
Miller "kicks" McCulloch, who falls down like a man with 13 bullets in his back.

Pathetic.

bingo70
Youd **** a barbers flair!

well it is valentines day

Marabou Stork
14-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Mculloch is possibly the biggest pr!ck in the world.

I'd love to see his career end on a stretcher today.

Ell_Chrisso
14-02-2010, 12:48 PM
Zemmama has Papac in his back pocket

Sylar
Zemmama has the beating of Papac, but very little in ways of support in the middle.

Poor from Stokes.

Hibs90
Good work by Miller and Murray there. Stokes had a good chance :boo hoo:

Barney McGrew
14-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Zemmama has Papac in his back pocket.

We should be getting the ball to him at every opportunity.

Sylar
Zemmama has Papac in his back pocket

Holy S***, we agree on something! :greengrin

Ell_Chrisso
McCulloch :bye:

James.
Mculloch is possibly the biggest pr!ck in the world.

I'd love to see his career end on a stretcher today.

I'll agree with that first statement.

I see our "banterous friend" BITC is still showing on the board, thought he was away to Hunbrox today? :devil:

Ell_Chrisso
14-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Holy S***, we agree on something! :greengrin

I knew you would see sense eventually :wink:

SanFranHibs
14-02-2010, 12:52 PM
a decent start !!!!

Zemmama 'sounds' up for it.

Sylar
14-02-2010, 12:53 PM
We're not shutting them down quickly enough coming forward.

Bayern Bru
14-02-2010, 12:54 PM
It's torturous having to listen to Andy "Hun" Walker giving his views on the match. Seems Boyd's last offside was "borderline." Clown.

KWJ
14-02-2010, 12:55 PM
i get about 3 seconds footage and then 2 mins lag! would rather listen to it on radio but can't get it even with a proxy :(

What's that auto update no refresh thing?

Sylar
We were lucky there...

Ell_Chrisso
Well seeing there unhappy at the fact..

WE had to make a the best pass of the game for them of Rankin's napper.

Sylar
14-02-2010, 12:56 PM
It's torturous having to listen to Andy "Hun" Walker giving his views on the match. Seems Boyd's last offside was "borderline." Clown.

He's a Cellic fan is he not???

Barney McGrew
Well played Rankin.

He saw where that ball was going before he went down :greengrin

Hainan Hibs

Guys a clown. Completely defends McCulloch's disgraceful dive and is now RAGING that the game got stopped for a head knock when Kenny Miller was clear. Trumpet:grr:

Hibs90
14-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Rankin with that smile :faf::cool2:

Hainan Hibs
14-02-2010, 12:57 PM
The natives are getting restless:greengrin

hibsbollah
14-02-2010, 12:58 PM
The natives are getting restless:greengrin

They're revolting:agree:

Sylar
FFS - we look awful in the middle of the park here!

bingo70
Guys a clown. Completely defends McCulloch's disgraceful dive and is now RAGING that the game got stopped for a head knock when Kenny Miller was clear. Trumpet:grr:

According to andy if he was hit on the head it should definately be stopped, however it only hit him on the cheek play should have gone on. :faf:

Ell_Chrisso
14-02-2010, 12:59 PM
Benji spraying the passes about very well

Hibs90
14-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Bamba saving Millers arse.

robinp
Benji spraying the passes about very well

I was thinking the same. :cool2:

Hainan Hibs
Liam Miller has to step it up a gear, lost the ball quite a few times.

Sylar
How the **** was that a corner?!?!?!

Sylar
14-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Thomson booked - dirty c*** :thumbsup:

Hibs90
Book that ****ing dirty wee ****.

Ell_Chrisso
Kevin thomsonnnnn your a w*nker

Hainan Hibs
Thomshun is a ****ing ****:grr::grr:

Kicks completely out at Zemmama

iwasthere1972
Dirty hun.

Westie1875
Thomshun booked

RickyS
that ****in thomson, hate him more with every passing day

hibsbollah
14-02-2010, 01:02 PM
that ****in thomson, hate him more with every passing day

SanFranHibs
14-02-2010, 01:02 PM
Only 3 ex Hibs players in their team. They've no chance.

hibsbollah
14-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Only 3 ex Hibs players in their team. They've no chance.

3 ex-huns in ours:wink:

robinp
Zouma tackled somebody. :faf:

Barney McGrew
Gow needs to get involved.

He's not looking sharp at all.

SanFranHibs
14-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Especially Gow.

Sylar
14-02-2010, 01:04 PM
This is the worst I've seen Liam Miller playing since he joined us.

Westie1875
14-02-2010, 01:05 PM
Gow needs to get invloved.

He's not looking sharp at all.

Was just thinking the same, easy to forget he is on the pitch.

Hibs90
On another note. Rankin playing well. :thumbsup:

Dan Sarf
Unless he scores, Gow will be off for Riorden second half

whiskyhibby
14-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Hanlon is having a cracker....................

PS Anyone notice that the commentator said that Liam Miller is looking to extend his contract?

:agree::agree:

Hibs90
14-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Benji so far. :top marks

SanFranHibs
14-02-2010, 01:07 PM
3 ex-huns in ours:wink:

Seems to be giving them lots of possession. :wink:

Sylar
Never mind McCulloch, I'd love to see Thomson stretchered away screaming for his maw! :grr:

Better run from Miller.

soupy
cmon hibs!!!!!!!!!

Westie1875
Hanlon is having a cracker....................

PS Anyone notice that the commentator said that Liam Miller is looking to extend his contract?

:agree::agree:

Did he? I have the sound muted so let us know of anymore good news :greengrin

Oooh, off the line from Hanlon

James.
Corner.

Ooh Zemamma!

Sylar
Brilliant run from Zemmama. Corner Hibs.

whiskyhibby
Zoumer is on fire , corner to Hibs!!

whiskyhibby
14-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Murray header off the line!

Sylar
Hanlon's header cleared off the line!!!!

SanFranHibs
Off the line !

Hainan Hibs
Hanlon's header off the line:boo hoo:

Brilliant corner and header.