PDA

View Full Version : Craig Burley

hibsdaft
13-02-2010, 11:25 AM
is there a bigger tit in Scottish football?

just sitting down looking forward to this afternoons game when i remember this eejit mouthpiece will be droning in my ear for the next two hours

Burley's understanding of the game is just dire, has to be the most one-dimensional pundit out there.

also unbelievably negative, no goal is a great moment of football, for Burley its just a chance for him to mouth off about poor defending (always with an implication that he'd never have make the same mistake).

also a shocking band wagon jumper, no original thought in his head, no inciteful comments just 100% bawbagery.

in summary, the guy is an absolute bellend.

--------
13-02-2010, 11:30 AM

just sitting down looking forward to this afternoons game when i remember this eejit mouthpiece will be droning in my ear for the next two hours

Burley's understanding of the game is just dire, has to be the most one-dimensional pundit out there.

also unbelievably negative, no goal is a great moment of football, for Burley its just a chance for him to mouth off about poor defending (always with an implication that he'd never have make the same mistake).

also a shocking band wagon jumper, no original thought in his head, no inciteful comments just 100% bawbagery.

George Burley?

Murky McGhump?

The entire playing-staff, management and board of Hawrt of Mudlowthian Feetball Club?

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-02-2010, 11:36 AM
Is there a bigger tit? Well the current Aberdeen manager, and Scott " Tefal" Booth, with the snipers's dream forehead are a pair that Michelle Mone would be proud of.

Danderhall Hibs
13-02-2010, 05:59 PM

Billy Dodds.

IWasThere2016
13-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Dick Dung (Chic Young) - talks complete and utter shight

Part/Time Supporter
13-02-2010, 06:25 PM

:agree:

A poor facsimile of Andy Gray.

eg when the lad Rasmussen came on for Celtic at Hamilton Accies a couple of weeks ago, Burley makes the comment that he doesn't know what to expect from him. Couldn't Burley have asked for some footage of Rasmussen playing for Brondby or Denmark?

:confused:

matty_f
13-02-2010, 06:34 PM
Can't believe we're this far into the thread with no mention of Alan Preston.

MSK
13-02-2010, 06:37 PM
Ian McCall ..talks like he has a mooth full o marbles ..& talks a pile o 5442 too !!

Hakim Sar
13-02-2010, 07:56 PM
i might get pillioried for saying this but if terry butcher could relax a little i think he is a decent guy for the studio maybe with neil mccann who at least doesnt sound like a weegie moron

thing about this place is that as soon as someone like andy walker or charlie nicholas makes a critical comment about a club or a player you get folk like the jambos spitting the dummy

imho both speak a lot of sense, retain a passion for the game up here in light of their work down south, and have a right to criticise some of the dross that we have to watch

everyone is always like ''aye but champagne charlie has no managerial experience why should he be slagging off my team he's a c***''

does richard keys, andy gray etc have more experience? no they don't:grr:

NaeTechnoHibby
13-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Tin Hat oan here, but I liked Graham Speirs when he was on Scotsport highlights :agree:

I like Pat Nevin tae :thumbsup:

Big Ed
13-02-2010, 10:39 PM
i might get pillioried for saying this but if terry butcher could relax a little i think he is a decent guy for the studio maybe with neil mccann who at least doesnt sound like a weegie moron

thing about this place is that as soon as someone like andy walker or charlie nicholas makes a critical comment about a club or a player you get folk like the jambos spitting the dummy

imho both speak a lot of sense, retain a passion for the game up here in light of their work down south, and have a right to criticise some of the dross that we have to watch

everyone is always like ''aye but champagne charlie has no managerial experience why should he be slagging off my team he's a c***''

does richard keys, andy gray etc have more experience? no they don't:grr:

I agree 100% with your comment about anyone slagging Hibs instantly being a C***!
However I do disagree with you about Charlie Nicholas; you may call him passionate - I'd call him ignorant. I honestly think he knows no more about football than the ordinary man in the street. If you watch him on Soccer Saturday, all he ever does is follow conventional wisdom - Rooney is world class - Chelsea are hard to beat at home blah blah
I don't think that he has had an original thought in his puff!
He, like Merson, Lawrenson and others make a good living out of simply watching something on the screen and then reacting.
Which brings us nicely back to the OP and his observations about Craig Burley :greengrin

matty_f
13-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Tin Hat oan here, but I liked Graham Speirs when he was on Scotsport highlights :agree:

I like Pat Nevin tae :thumbsup:

Same here for both of them.:agree:

TheBall'sRound
13-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Every time I hear Scott booth or andy walker I reach for the mute button. But they are not half as bad as when the games were on the BBC and we had to listen to Sandy Clark and Ian McCall. Booth and Walker can only dream of achieving that level of keech-spouting!

FranckSuzy
13-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Have to say that I liked big Johnny Hartson when he was on Setanta.

Elephant Stone
14-02-2010, 12:13 AM
George Burley is revolting, Ian McCall is possibly just as bad.

duncs
14-02-2010, 12:36 AM
Craig Burley is the worst on TV by far.

So critical and negative you really wonder why he bothers when everything clearly upsets him, "oh he must do better than that..." is almost becoming his catchphrase. The best summarisers are the ones with empathy with what's going on on the pitch, but Burley is just a hack.

Remind me, how successful a footballer he was?? Chelsea, Celtic and Derby is hardly world-class is it? Bare in mind that Burley is apparently only doing the job because the restaurants he owned went tits up.

He's probably doing his job and being a bit of a wind-up merchant and getting us to talk about him, but he's a tube. In today's game he called so many things wrong and then refused to have the humility to say he called it wrong when the replay showed him up for the clown he is.