PDA

View Full Version : Yams Vlad's Latest Trick

Mikey
13-02-2010, 08:55 AM
Shamelessly pinched from over the road. This made me smile.........

Either I missed something, or nobody really brought this up. It's not exactly Hearts related but rather related to the owner who is losing the plot again.

This week Mad Vlad has sacked almost the whole management in his basketball club Zalgiris Kaunas - head coach, director of sport, general director. Since the club had recently done well to reach Euroleague (basketball equivalent of CL) TOP16, this shocked everyone in the club and fans, especially those who were not aware of his football activities.

The sacked director sport gave a honest interview (see Google translated version here and this caused a media frenzy in Lithuania.

The director mentioned that Vlad had given specific instructions to the coach who to play and when. And this resulted in a shock defeat to a minnow club (which ironically was also one of the reasons for the sackings). On top of that, Vlad came to trainings and encouraged players to practice boxing...

In response Vlad gave at least two traditionally baffling and ridiculous interviews, to the tune of poor results and needing to give more chances to young players. And recently it was reported he started practicing basketball himself.

Good luck to Hearts, you'll need it...

C'mon Vlad, start taking more of an interest in Hearts again please :greengrin

MSK
13-02-2010, 08:58 AM
Vlad started practising basketball himself !!! :wtf: ..take it he is fed up wi FM 10 then ...:greengrin

poolman
13-02-2010, 09:09 AM

Was just gonna stick that over here as well :greengrin

Some things never change in the mad world of Mad Vlad, long may it continue :thumbsup:

Kevvy1875
13-02-2010, 09:16 AM
Why does he bother with the Yams and Basketball?.....has he not heard offffffff,

http://www.lostadmiralreturns.com/submarine.html (http://www.lostadmiralreturns.com/submarine.html)

Be more up his street? naw?:jamboak:

Bostonhibby
13-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Was it the basketball Champions League the Yams were meant to win all along and it just got lost in the translation?

Either way it sounds like he'd still have sacked everybody anyway

Long live Vlad.

HibeeMcGinn1
13-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Imagine if he wanted to play himself against us :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Leithenhibby
13-02-2010, 09:57 AM

The man has completely lost it, what a class A knob ..:greengrin

This has got to be the best season ever since records began. :greengrin. to be a Hibby..:cool2:

Viva_Palmeiras
13-02-2010, 04:55 PM
Dunno why the guy doesn't have an entry in the urban dictionary (www.urbandictionary.com).

I have one pending but dunno if it'll make it.

Still the entry for Vlad/Vladimir has a few crackers listed already.

Mibbes Aye
13-02-2010, 05:26 PM
The man's a ledge. Pure and simple.

Can't understand the criticism though - any supporters of Zalgiris Kaunas feeling hard done by need to appreciate the facts.

Managing the team selection and tactics for a promising European basketball team is child's play when you've won medals for steering a submarine and ballroom-danced your way out of the Baltic :agree: