PDA

View Full Version : Hibs coverage on BBC1 Football Focus

Viva_Palmeiras
13-02-2010, 07:49 AM
On BBC breakfast just mentioned in a preview, FF will be doing a piece asking the question can we split the OF.

hibsbollah
13-02-2010, 07:53 AM
English football focus too?

HibeeMcGinn1
13-02-2010, 08:13 AM
Has it been on?

Viva_Palmeiras
13-02-2010, 08:14 AM
It was the English presenter who did the intro so yes :thumbsup:

Viva_Palmeiras
13-02-2010, 08:15 AM
No will be on around lunchtime when the usual slot is on Grandstand.

HibeeMcGinn1
13-02-2010, 08:29 AM
thanking you

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-02-2010, 08:48 AM
The sports presenter on Breakfast on BBC 1 has just given his token spiel about the Sheep v Tic game, but then adds on, in the race for third place, Dundee United must win away at St Mirren and....Hearts take on Falkirk????:dunno:

Pretty Boy
13-02-2010, 08:52 AM
The sports presenter on Breakfast on BBC 1 has just given his token spiel about the Sheep v Tic game, but then adds on, in the race for third place, Dundee United must win away at St Mirren and....Hearts take on Falkirk????:dunno:

Seems right to me, at the moment we are in the race for 2nd place. 3rd place is our insurance policy.

Typical of us wee team supporters not to understand such a thing.

:wink:

hibsbollah
13-02-2010, 09:01 AM
It was the English presenter who did the intro so yes :thumbsup:

Thats surprising but good, cant remember the last time they did anything else but the Premier League in England:thumbsup:

O'Rourke3
13-02-2010, 09:30 AM
Thats surprising but good, cant remember the last time they did anything else but the Premier League in England:thumbsup:

TBF it's the FA cup dahn sahf today so they're short of PL news as ITV have that one wrapped up.

While I'll still be watching it's going to be patronising. however there's a good chance they'll show the crowd singing Sunshine On Leith 2 years back :thumbsup:

Removed
13-02-2010, 09:59 AM
No will be on around lunchtime when the usual slot is on Grandstand.

:thumbsup:

For the younger viewers

YouTube - BBC Grandstand 80s intro des lynam! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpRYODXfP_8&feature=related)

KerPlunk
13-02-2010, 10:08 AM
Also for younger viewers -

YouTube - www.ultimate-lwt.co.uk: World of Sport opening titles (1981) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r3ThqpbzlE&feature=related)

lyonhibs
13-02-2010, 10:21 AM

For the younger viewers

YouTube - BBC Grandstand 80s intro des lynam! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpRYODXfP_8&feature=related)

Surely one of the greatest Sports program intro tunes ever!! :agree::agree:

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
13-02-2010, 10:29 AM
I remember they did a big piece in the Latapy Sauzee days on the same topic. They asked Zitelli what he was doing at a "club like Hibs". I suspect that was in light of Zitelli scoring in both legs when Strasborg dumped Liverpool out of Europe in 97.

duncs
13-02-2010, 10:58 AM
I ticked the presenter (Dan Walker) off a few weeks ago on Twitter, as he asked for suggestions for what could make Football Focus any better - I told him either to recognise there are 40 other clubs in Scotland or not bother at all in covering Scotland because you would have thought the SPL was made up of only two clubs. Fair play to him, he got back in touch and acknowledged their coverage of Scottish football was poor but he personally was looking to change that which I thought was pretty decent of him.

greenlex
13-02-2010, 11:05 AM

Calm down Calm down!!! Todays games. We play tomorrow. :wink:

--------
13-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Also for younger viewers -

YouTube - www.ultimate-lwt.co.uk: World of Sport opening titles (1981) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r3ThqpbzlE&feature=related)

Aye - gridiron, hockey, gymnastics, water-skiing....

When did THEY ever feature on "World of Sport"?

IIRC "World of Sport" was a rundown of what was happening in English football, two hours of racing from Chepstow, and an hour and a half of fat blokes like Jackie Pallo and Big Daddy snuggling up to one another in their underpants.

And then the football results.

:faf:

I believe Dickie Davies is now working as a newscaster on "Family Guy".

stokesmessiah
13-02-2010, 11:43 AM
On BBC breakfast just mentioned in a preview, FF will be doing a piece asking the question can we split the OF.

Just switched FF have i missed it??????

Mikey
13-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Not been on yet..............

Speedy
13-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Not next I think

Winston Ingram
13-02-2010, 11:53 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8513483.stm

FF here

capitals_finest
13-02-2010, 11:58 AM
now!!!!!!!

Speedy
13-02-2010, 11:59 AM
On now

sleeping giant
13-02-2010, 12:01 PM

For the younger viewers

:boo hoo:

stevensons-fan
13-02-2010, 12:03 PM
:thumbsup: Great interview by Yogi!

HibeeMcGinn1
good little piece. yogi talking about his sad family history and how much the club means to him. also how he used 2 jump in the water o leith as a lad :thumbsup:

capitals_finest
sorry didn't see other thread!

James.
13-02-2010, 12:05 PM
:thumbsup: Great interview by Yogi!

Yep, we're lucky to have him. Some of those goals by Stokes were top drawer too :thumbsup:

ScottB
13-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Interesting piece, can really see John's passion shinning through, which is great!

And they are right, we have a damn good chance; victory over Rangers and St Johnstone and it's very much game on!

lucky
13-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Thought Yogi came across excellently. We have manager who is clearly in touch with the fans and the people of Leith. I just hope we win something before he manages in the EPL

--------
13-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Thought Yogi came across excellently. We have manager who is clearly in touch with the fans and the people of Leith. I just hope we win something before he manages in the EPL

Aye - he cleans up not too badly, doesn't he? :devil:

HibeeMcGinn1
13-02-2010, 12:12 PM

thats a guarentee of that happening. hopefully we can have him for a good 5 years anyway (as he said in the past)

Booked4Being-Ugly
13-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Yogi's the most Humble, charismatic, passionate, honest manager is the SPL just now.

Thank god we have him!

:not worth

Jim44
13-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Did I hear one of the studio guests say that the average gate was 15,000? Shurely shome mishtake. :greengrin

mayo hibee
13-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Did I hear one of the studio guests say that the average gate was 15,000? Shurely shome mishtake. :greengrin

I think Martin Keown was predicting the future there. Can see those kind of crowds being back at ER next season.

Very nice bit on hibs alright.

Green Mikey
13-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Yogi's the most Humble, charismatic, passionate, honest manager is the SPL just now.

Thank god we have him!

:not worth

Agreed. A great interview from Hughes showing both himself and the club in a great light.

Hughes' honestly is very refreshing in football management, he talked honestly about his youth, family and the club. No ridiculous promises or theatrics about his life.

_hucks_
13-02-2010, 12:45 PM
The piece was good, the chat following was atrocious. Looks likes the boys in the studio really hadn't done their homework. Yogi came accross so well though - he is so relaxed when he's talking, seems like he's just having a natter with a friend. The club clearly means so much to him, I really could listen to him all day.

Billy McKirdy
13-02-2010, 01:08 PM
For those who missed it :thumbsup:

YouTube - Can Hibs split the Old Firm? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttqmIcIBREU)

Lofarl
13-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Thanks for that marinehibby :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hainan Hibs
13-02-2010, 01:52 PM

YouTube - Can Hibs split the Old Firm? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttqmIcIBREU)[/URL]

Cheers:thumbsup:

Great viewing, you can see how much Hibs mean to Yogi.

--------
13-02-2010, 01:59 PM
The piece was good, the chat following was atrocious. Looks likes the boys in the studio really hadn't done their homework. Yogi came accross so well though - he is so relaxed when he's talking, seems like he's just having a natter with a friend. The club clearly means so much to him, I really could listen to him all day.

The only thing I'd argue with Martin Keown about was the 15,000 average gate figure, although that hasn't been too far off the mark in recent seasons.

It's hard to sum an item up in as short a time as he was given. I thought he was pretty fair, all things considered.

However, I'm not sure I'm totally delighted at Yogi getting 4 minutes on BBC1 UK coming over as well as he did, and Stokesy showing off his goalscoring talents against the OF and the Sheep like he was....

Dinnae want Strachan doing a crash-and-burn at Boro and them coming to ER looking for a replacement, like....

Hainan Hibs
13-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Keown came across alright and showed enthusiasm which is more than can be said about Lawrenson when he is on. Comes across if he can't be arsed with any subject but especially with Scottish football, puts that stupid smirk on and comes out with one or two words.

Hibbie_Cameron
13-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Agree with the comments about Keown. He came across as he had down a little research, whilst others in the past just deflect the question and talk about how rangers should win etc

Woody1985
13-02-2010, 03:24 PM
It was great to see the Hibs badge up on there. :thumbsup: Was a bit shocked TBH.

Yogi came over brilliant.

More of the same FF. :thumbsup:

Hainan Hibs
13-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Sunshine on Leith always causes goosebumps. What a song for us to have:agree:

RickyS
13-02-2010, 08:30 PM
opening scene shows "The Fort" on the Leith skyline, takes me right back to my youth. great place to grow up (honest) .

AFKA5814_Hibs
13-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Martin Keown probably had to read up about the situation up here but at least he showed a bit of interest. Lawrenson would have just replied 'they have no chance' and that would have been the end of it.

LancashireHibby
13-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Lawrenson would have just replied 'they have no chance' and that would have been the end of it.
I don't think he'd have been as complimentary as that! Probably something along the lines of "it's a pub league, even the top two are bobbins".

iwasthere1972
13-02-2010, 09:58 PM

YouTube - Can Hibs split the Old Firm? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttqmIcIBREU)[/URL]

Cheers. Good piece.

FranckSuzy
13-02-2010, 11:46 PM
[QUOTE=Marinehibby;2351581]For those who missed it :thumbsup:

Thank you so much for that :greengrin Brilliant and pretty emotional :thumbsup:What a guy Yogi is. We are so lucky to have him :not worth

Steve-O
14-02-2010, 01:10 AM
That was a barry video, cheers :agree:

TRC
14-02-2010, 04:39 AM
Loved Yogis They've not disappointed me Yet fantastic:thumbsup:

judas
14-02-2010, 07:28 AM

To be fair, Football Focus was, as you rightly say, talking about Hibs splitting the OF.

Nevertheless it is hard to see I think it is taxing the imagination a little.

Big Rods process of incremental improvement has been inspired and I believe Hibs will be the most consistent top 3 side outside the infirm over the next 10 years (a point I made about 2 years ago), but the leap to title winning success is massive.

Rangers might be struggling, but even then, they could afford to easily double the wages of any of our players. Celtics situation is simply a poor phase that will end one way or another.

I think the furore over Hibs in the press simply refelcts a desperation in the Media and in our game itself. Who does not want a challenge to the OF? I work with the weedge every day and I can tell you, even they want a challenge!

NOLA
14-02-2010, 11:44 AM

YouTube - Can Hibs split the Old Firm? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttqmIcIBREU)

Good interview from Yogi as per usual, Keown was an animal on the pitch but makes a good pundit whenever i've seen him.

iwasthere1972
14-02-2010, 11:45 AM
Good interview from Yogi as per usual, Keown was an animal on the pitch but makes a good pundit whenever i've seen him.

He was bigging us up by saying that our average crowd was 15,000. Unless he knows phook all about us except we own the capital. :greengrin