PDA

View Full Version : Abdessalam Benjelloun- no goals please

blueisthecolour
12-02-2010, 10:25 PM
I hope he doesn't score on sunday, a wee stat not sure if many of you will know, he has scored 20 goals for hibs and when he doe's score Hibs have never lost.

PC Stamp
12-02-2010, 10:26 PM
I hope he doesn't score on sunday, a wee stat not sure if many of you will know, he has scored 20 goals for hibs and when he doe's score Hibs have never lost.

Seriously?

Jonnyboy
12-02-2010, 10:27 PM

We all knew that thanks

Hibercelona
12-02-2010, 10:30 PM
True.

We have never lost a game that Benji has scored in.

But I very much doubt he'll get a start at Ibrox on Sunday.

HibeeDaz6270
12-02-2010, 10:30 PM
We all knew that thanks
I didnt!

Jonnyboy
12-02-2010, 10:32 PM
I didnt!

Then you must hang your head in shame :greengrin

blueisthecolour
12-02-2010, 10:34 PM
Seriously?

Yes it's true, although im sure someone will tell you and others who didn't know to hang your head's in shame for now knowing:rolleyes:

jonty
12-02-2010, 10:34 PM
Then you must hang your head in shame :greengrin
:greengrin
Twas either in the latest hibs newletter (email) or in an online publication.

Found it - hibs newsletter.

Benji's Record Delight!

It is a remarkable record for any striker to have and one that has served Abdessalam Benjelloun well as a Hibernian player. At Easter Road last night the sequence continued in the most dramatic manner - Benji scored his 20th goal for Hibernian with minutes remaining, and it was a goal that ensured a share of the points after the side had trailed 2-0 at the break. And the record that continued with that goal is that when Benji has scored, Hibernian has never lost.

The Moroccan is well aware of his Easter Road record - but he insisted that as good as that might make him feel, it is not nearly as important as his feelings when Hibernian do well: "We lost two points last night, we are much better than we showed in this game, we must show that when we go to Ibrox on Sunday, if we do then I'm sure we will take something from that match - and I would love to score again! I know that when I have scored my goals for Hibernian the side have never lost that is of course just fortunate but it is a good record for me to have, and one that I hope to keep.

"However I was just happy to get on and be able to help the team to win the game after being 2-0 down at half time last night. The manager told me just to go on and play my football and remain calm. I want to do well for this team so to come back in the second half and get that point ahead of a very tough game on Sunday was the important thing for us all. Of course we are not happy that we did not win all three points, but everyone could see the situation so to take something from that game was very good."

Benji was the calmest man on the park as he prepared to take his penalty kick, a job that might well have fallen to Derek Riordan but he had been substituted earlier in the game. Competition for forward places has never been keener at Easter Road - and that is a situation that actually delights Benjelloun: "My first concern is for my club, I have been with Hibernian for four and a half years now and I've learned that I have to put my club first - so the manager has brought in another player, Alan Gow, and that is a good thing for the player and for the club.

"So while of course I want to play every game but I will always be happy for the club if they bring in such players that will improve the squad."

Jonnyboy
12-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Yes it's true, although im sure someone will tell you to hang your head in shame for now knowing:rolleyes:

Gotta keep these youngster's on their toes ye know. As Hibs fans we like to keep abreast of what's happening currently. No 1690 stuff here :wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-02-2010, 10:35 PM

Would you no be better covering all the bases and hoping that none of the Hibs players score?:dunno:

iwasthere1972
12-02-2010, 10:36 PM

Seriously?

:agree: Remember reading that a couple of months ago. Hope Benji can extend the record to 21/22/23 goals on Sunday.

Bostonhibby
12-02-2010, 10:36 PM

A plague upon you for reminding me :wink:

blueisthecolour
12-02-2010, 10:46 PM
Gotta keep these youngster's on their toes ye know. As Hibs fans we like to keep abreast of what's happening currently. No 1690 stuff here :wink:

No probs, don't worry I will keep them right:wink:

Riordans Boots
12-02-2010, 10:56 PM
Yes it's true, although im sure someone will tell you and others who didn't know to hang your head's in shame for now knowing:rolleyes:

Is that right :asshole::tee hee:

p.s Can we get a smilie fer "Bawbag" please

crewetollhibee
12-02-2010, 10:56 PM
Didn't Ian Rush play something like 200 odd games for Liverpool before they lost a game in which he scored ?

ballengeich
12-02-2010, 11:00 PM
A cunning plan for Sunday - field Benji from the start and tell him to o.g. from the kick off. That way we're guaranteed at least a draw.

PC Stamp
12-02-2010, 11:00 PM

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit :wink:

I think that I might just actually have known of that stat .... really. :greengrin

blueisthecolour
12-02-2010, 11:03 PM
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit :wink:

I think that I might just actually have known of that stat .... really. :greengrin

At least Hibeedaz has learned something new, everyday's a school day.

Kato
12-02-2010, 11:17 PM

No need to call the guy a breast.

Jonnyboy
12-02-2010, 11:18 PM
No need to call the guy a breast.

That made me titter :greengrin

heretoday
12-02-2010, 11:51 PM
Benji rules!

You know it's true!

Riordans Boots
13-02-2010, 12:04 AM
Benji rules! = :thumbsup:

You know it's true! :agree:

Original poster = An actual ..... dare I say .... but ..... a ... BAWBAG :thumbsup:

heretoday
13-02-2010, 12:12 AM
:agree:

Original poster = An actual ..... dare I say .... but ..... a ... BAWBAG :thumbsup:

I remember his goals v Killie in the final. He's a class player and always will be.

lEXO
13-02-2010, 12:15 AM
Two would do me fine thanks.:greengrin Evergreen

lEXO
13-02-2010, 12:18 AM
Didn't Ian Rush play something like 200 odd games for Liverpool before they lost a game in which he scored ?
League cup final againsnt Arsenal in 87 i think.Charlie Nick, he,s a prick scored the winner to stop the run.

stokesmessiah
13-02-2010, 01:34 AM

Found it - hibs newsletter.

And in about a million newspaper/radio/internet reports this week !!!!! :agree:

Nando™
13-02-2010, 04:41 AM
On a really serious note, when Rangers are winning 2-0 in the 60th minute, Benji better appear from the bench.

Hakim Sar
13-02-2010, 07:19 AM
A wee additional stat that is very spooky...

Everytime hibs have won in the league they have NEVER lost. Incredible how long we have kept this up.

matty_f
13-02-2010, 07:43 AM
A wee additional stat that is very spooky...

Everytime hibs have won in the league they have NEVER lost. Incredible how long we have kept this up.

Incredible stat, another one I saw the other day is that we've never lost when we've scored more than the opposition in a league game.

hibernian tv
13-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Run-down of the 17 games Benji has scored in http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100213/benjis-goals_2262950_1964640 (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100213/benjis-goals_2262950_1964640)

J-C
13-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Incredible stat, another one I saw the other day is that we've never lost when we've scored more than the opposition in a league game.
Also incredibly when we score the same amount of goals as the other team we don't lose either and get a point into the bargain.

--------
13-02-2010, 10:46 AM
Also incredibly when we score the same amount of goals as the other team we don't lose either and get a point into the bargain.

And we've never won a game in which we haven't scored. :rolleyes:

CropleyWasGod
13-02-2010, 10:50 AM

We did, however, once lose a game in which we didn't concede a goal.

Leeds, 73, on penalties.

Pedantic addendum... ok, it was a "tie" rather than a "game".

aljo7-0
13-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Don't mean to be cheeky Doddie (or maybe I do? :greengrin) but have we never won a game when the opposition has scored an own goal? Or would that still count as us scoring?

I think Benji will come off the bench and score on Sunday to open the scoring for Hibs with us going on to win (73rd minute would be very nice)

Riordans Boots
13-02-2010, 11:55 AM

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100213/benjis-goals_2262950_1964640

Lucius Apuleius
13-02-2010, 11:57 AM

Oh deer.

ArabHibee
13-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Oh deer.
:tee hee:

--------
13-02-2010, 12:08 PM
We did, however, once lose a game in which we didn't concede a goal.

Leeds, 73, on penalties.

Pedantic addendum... ok, it was a "tie" rather than a "game".

Oh I am SO happy that you've reminded me of that.

Two hours of pain and frustration culminating on total heartbreak.

:boo hoo:

Jim44
13-02-2010, 12:46 PM
On a really serious note, when Rangers are winning 2-0 in the 60th minute, Benji better appear from the bench.

I'd love to see him on from the start in place of Riordan. We can't afford to have anyone swanning around with their hands on their hips today and much as I like the 'out of nothing' goals he can score I think we need eleven players knocking their pans in for ninety minutes.

silverhibee
13-02-2010, 01:35 PM

Your on the wind up with that comment, wee are Hibs fans off course wee know that.:stirrer:<-- thats you.

skipster7
13-02-2010, 01:43 PM
I'd love to see him on from the start in place of Riordan. We can't afford to have anyone swanning around with their hands on their hips today and much as I like the 'out of nothing' goals he can score I think we need eleven players knocking their pans in for ninety minutes.
:confused:dont think benji has ever looked like he wants to pretend hes "knocked his pan in". fwiw i was saying on wed he looked lost and hadnt touched the ball before we got the pen.cool finish though.:wink:

CapitalHibs
13-02-2010, 02:42 PM
:confused:dont think benji has ever looked like he wants to pretend hes "knocked his pan in". fwiw i was saying on wed he looked lost and hadnt touched the ball before we got the pen.cool finish though.:wink:

Jings... gie the guy some time to get up to the pace of the game:rolleyes: After his penalty, Benji left a sheep defender for dead at the half way line and played a brilliant through ball to Stokes who should have buried it for the winner.

Benji put in a great contribution for the short time he was on the pitch.

blueisthecolour
13-02-2010, 02:47 PM
Your on the wind up with that comment, wee are Hibs fans off course wee know that.:stirrer:<-- thats you.

See post 5:wink:

scoopyboy
13-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Every game Paul Hanlon has scored for Hibs in we have won.
Every game Liam Miller has scored for Hibs in we have won.
Every game Sol Bamba has scored for Hibs in we have won.
Every game Danny Galbraith has scored for Hibs in we have won.
We are undefeated in every game Chris Hogg has scored for Hibs.

If all these players + Benji score tomorrow then the above stats should still be valid.

FACT.