PDA

View Full Version : Yogi (BBC interview, hinting at 5-3-2 for Sunday?)

Scooter
12-02-2010, 06:38 PM
did anyone see his interview again this week on BBC website. another excellent interview :thumbsup:

a little bit at the end. he says hes playing 5-3-2 on sunday. surely this is him playing games again :greengrin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8513486.stm

Part/Time Supporter
12-02-2010, 06:46 PM
St. Mirren did it last Saturday and it was quite effective IMO

whereswallace?
12-02-2010, 06:51 PM
did anyone see his interview again this week on BBC website. another excellent interview :thumbsup:

a little bit at the end. he says hes playing 5-3-2 on sunday. surely this is him playing games again :greengrin

5-3-2 would not be the worst formation for us IMO.

Smith

hogg bamba hanlon
wotherspoon murray

Mcbride

miller rankin

nish

stokes

This is not the line up i want,but the one i think Yogi would go for if we played 5-3-2

edit: It looked different when i wrote it out! Murray and Wotherspoon wingbacks.

hibsboy90
12-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Smith

Wotherspoon Hanlon Hogg Bamba Murray

Rankin Miller McBride

Stokes Benji

We need real hard workers, and so can't see Riordan starting. Would possibly slot zemmama in there.

brydekirk
12-02-2010, 07:05 PM
Smith

Wotherspoon Hanlon Hogg Bamba Murray

Rankin Miller McBride

Stokes Benji

We need real hard workers, and so can't see Riordan starting. Would possibly slot zemmama in there.

i would like stokes and gow, like u said hard workers, but for 90 mins. benji works hard for ten has a rest for 15.

lapsedhibee
12-02-2010, 07:11 PM
a little bit at the end. he says hes playing 5-3-2 on sunday.

He got confused. He meant 2-3-5, just like the old days, with proper wing halves and inside forwards:

-------------------Smith-----------------
---------Gattheussi--------Hanlon--------
Wotherspoon-------Bamba---------Murray
----------Miller-------------Riordan-------
Zemmama----------Stokes-----------Benji

Part/Time Supporter
12-02-2010, 07:13 PM
He got confused. He meant 2-3-5, just like the old days, with proper wing halves and inside forwards:

-------------------Smith-----------------
---------Gattheussi--------Hanlon--------
Wotherspoon-------Bamba---------Murray
----------Miller-------------Riordan-------
Zemmama----------Stokes-----------Benji

:hyper:

HFC 0-7
12-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Maybe he liked the look of the team at the end against Aberdeen, 5-3-2 is basically a 3-5-2. It would be risky IMO opinion but it might have Walter guessing as to how to line his side up!

Bookkeeper
12-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Think Yogi had a wee smile on his face when he said it. Business as usual - Bamba and Hogg to keep boyd quiet, McBride and Miller to boss the midfield and Stokes and Riordan to get the goals. Attack! Attack! Attack!:thumbsup:

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-02-2010, 10:19 PM
The 5-3-2 formation is a little bit misleading. The five at the back includes the goalkeeper and what Yogi is doing is a wee bit of forward planning in anticipation of the inevitable sending off. It has to be an inevitable sending off because Smith will save the inevitable/compulsory penalty.

mdhfc
13-02-2010, 02:28 AM
will play.

the h*ns will get a lot of set pieces i'd guess and we'd need his height as we're fairly munchkin-like all-round

KWJ
13-02-2010, 02:47 AM
I brought up big ecks 5-3-2 a month or so back and was told it was destroyed by the opposition playing 1 up.

Rory89
13-02-2010, 02:56 AM
St. Mirren did it last Saturday and it was quite effective IMO

Can't wait for our quite effective 2-1 defeat then.

Part/Time Supporter
13-02-2010, 07:25 AM
Can't wait for our quite effective 2-1 defeat then.

That will be the game St. Mirren drew 0-0 with the Huns and should have won

:confused:

I brought up big ecks 5-3-2 a month or so back and was told it was destroyed by the opposition playing 1 up.

The Huns don't do that at home.

hibsbollah
13-02-2010, 08:01 AM

The reason 5-3-2 fell out of fashion was the invent of attacking full backs and the holding midfielder, not the lone striker formation. It doesnt mean it cant be successful for one off games though. IMO 5-3-2 (or 3-5-2 whatever you want to call it) would have suited us perfectly when we had Whittaker and Murphy.

MyJo
13-02-2010, 08:12 AM
5-3-2 would be a good formation for us IMO :agree:

___________________Smith

__________Hogg_____Bamba____Hanlon

Spoony_____________McBride___________Murray

_______Zemmama______________Miller

______________________Benji

________________Stokes

Subs: Stack, Riordan, Gow, Rankin, Stevenson, Cregg, Nish

matty_f
13-02-2010, 08:20 AM

___________________Smith

________________Stokes

:agree: I like the look of that side - reckon it'd have a good chance of beating the majority of SPL teams.

hibsbollah
13-02-2010, 09:03 AM
:agree: I like the look of that side - reckon it'd have a good chance of beating the majority of SPL teams.

The weakness is the other team hitting long diagonal balls into the corners exposing the advanced full backs, but doddery old Walter probably wouldnt notice anyway so why not try it at Ibrox:greengrin

--------
13-02-2010, 10:35 AM
The weakness is the other team hitting long diagonal balls into the corners exposing the advanced full backs, but doddery old Walter probably wouldnt notice anyway so why not try it at Ibrox:greengrin

:agree:

That's always the danger of playing three at the back with wing-backs.

IU wouldn't count on WS being so 'doddery' that he wouldn't think of it. Nothing doddery about Uncle Watty, IMO.

Anything we get on Sunday will be a huge achievement.

I'm_cabbaged
13-02-2010, 10:39 AM

Aye, they never played diagonal balls through to Novo at ER, eh. :rolleyes:

Leithenhibby
13-02-2010, 10:40 AM
:agree:

That's always the danger of playing three at the back with wing-backs.

IU wouldn't count on WS being so 'doddery' that he wouldn't think of it. Nothing doddery about Uncle Watty, IMO.

Anything we get on Sunday will be a huge achievement.

And for that reason I think that Yogi is, at it....:cool2:

The wee smile at the very end of interview tells me that.:wink:

sixtwo
13-02-2010, 10:41 AM

___________________Smith

________________Stokes

thats a good side but I'd rather see Gow or Deeks play the role you have put benji in.

The more I think about it, that team is set up brilliantly to allow deeks to push forward!

:thumbsup:

--------
13-02-2010, 11:09 AM
And for that reason I think that Yogi is, at it....:cool2:

The wee smile at the very end of interview tells me that.:wink:

Well, it's a normal interview up till then, and then right at the end he tells everyone his tactics for what must be one of the most important matches of the season for us?

So is it a bluff? A double bluff? A rush of blood to the brain?

We shall see.......... :devil:

Leithenhibby
13-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Well, it's a normal interview up till then, and then right at the end he tells everyone his tactics for what must be one of the most important matches of the season for us?

So is it a bluff? A double bluff? A rush of blood to the brain?

We shall see.......... :devil:

We shall, and I can't wait for this game.

Will be so funny if in fact he does go with the 3-5-2 formation.

To quote a football legend "maybes aye, maybes naw"...:cool2:

Rory89
13-02-2010, 05:34 PM
That will be the game St. Mirren drew 0-0 with the Huns and should have won

:confused:

Ah my bad, I thought you meant they were quite effective with their formation with their 2-1 defeat to us, apologies.

I still really don't want us to play this formation though, same team as Aberdeen with Gow in for Riordan for me, Deeks to come on and get the equaliser for 1-1 is my prediction.

hibsbollah
13-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Aye, they never played diagonal balls through to Novo at ER, eh. :rolleyes:

My tongue was firmly in my cheek, i dont think it would work against either of the OF.