PDA

View Full Version : Yams Romanov offers Goncalves £13K per week

Speedway
12-02-2010, 10:14 AM
In other news:

Hearts defender and Celtic target Jose Goncalves is mulling over a £13,000-a-week offer to remain at Tynecastle. (The Sun)

Goan yersel' Jose, take the wage and then contract a 'mystery injury' for a couple of years.

The_Todd
12-02-2010, 10:36 AM
In other news:

Hearts defender and Celtic target Jose Goncalves is mulling over a £13,000-a-week offer to remain at Tynecastle. (The Sun)

Goan yersel' Jose, take the wage and then contract a 'mystery injury' for a couple of years.

:faf:

£13k? Are they having a laugh? They do remember the mess they've already got themselves into, right?

The circus continues!

Woody1985
12-02-2010, 11:48 AM
:faf:

£13k? Are they having a laugh? They do remember the mess they've already got themselves into, right?

The circus continues!

I suspect that the story may be out there to convince the deluded ones that Concalves is being unreasonable at wanting to leave a circus of a club with little or no chance of success over the coming years. He should obviously choose money over his career aspirations.

Anyway, I thought the savings they were going to make on his salary we going to be used to pay Barr an over inflated salary or is the grand plan to get him signed up and sold in the summer?

Given that Fat Jeff had a dig at JC which basically said if he was any good someone would have approached him in January but they didn't. Well if he's so **** why are they desparate for him to sign.

You wonder how they manage to figure out what day it is over there.

robinp
12-02-2010, 12:42 PM
In other news:

That's brilliant, the club is hemorrhaging cash and they are offering more than his current reported wage of £10k. :top marks

bawheid
12-02-2010, 12:44 PM
variation on the "Nade" song 11 men(Hearts players) and their dog and a forklift truck could not hold back Nade .
I would have paid someone to stroke Blackie and to think it has been done for free

Not quite. Ten grand a week. :greengrin

scoopyboy
12-02-2010, 12:48 PM
In other news:

This is potentially another nail in the coffin.

Vald's take - We'll pay Jose £13,000 a week until the end of the season and then sell him for megabucks after he plays at the World Cup. So we pay him say £260,000 over 20 weeks and then get £3,260,000 and are £3,000,000 to the good. Better than letting him walk for nothing.

Jose's take - I'm not going to make the Portugal World Cup squad so I think I will sign the new 2.5 year deal at £13,000 a week. Not bad money so I will see the 2.5 years out and get £1.69 million in basic pay. Then I will walk for nothing. That Vlad aint taking me for a fool.

brog
12-02-2010, 12:54 PM
I suspect that the story may be out there to convince the deluded ones that Concalves is being unreasonable at wanting to leave a circus of a club with little or no chance of success over the coming years. He should obviously choose money over his career aspirations.

Anyway, I thought the savings they were going to make on his salary we going to be used to pay Barr an over inflated salary or is the grand plan to get him signed up and sold in the summer?

Given that Fat Jeff had a dig at JC which basically said if he was any good someone would have approached him in January but they didn't. Well if he's so **** why are they desparate for him to sign.

You wonder how they manage to figure out what day it is over there.

The only way they'll be paying (no way) Jose any kind of a wage of say £5k upwards is if the mad one has a transfer deal in pipeline. Effectively bribe Jose to sign for a few months then make perhaps £1million on his transfer. Problem with that scenario is JC knows his value & if he can get a club to pay him directly about £0.3/0.5 million then he's quids in & Yams are stuffed. Meanwhile let's just pull our chairs up & revel in the Comedy Club!!

Speedway
12-02-2010, 01:48 PM
How dare a Yam thread be started in my name without my consent.

The shame of it.

CB_NO3
12-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Why would Vlad have a deal in the pipeline?. Why would any club pay a fee in the summer when they can offer him a pre contract and sign him for free now. I think Jose will sign the deal because he must know there is no clubs in for him.

RoYO!
12-02-2010, 02:02 PM
i dont understand how hearts can be offering this sort of money and still not have a proven goalscorer at the club :confused:

Jim44
12-02-2010, 02:10 PM
What's all the fuss about Goncalves? He's a fair to good player who probably looks better than he is, compared to the clowns round about him.

Part/Time Supporter
12-02-2010, 02:14 PM
i dont understand how hearts can be offering this sort of money and still not have a proven goalscorer at the club :confused:

Because Romanov doesn't have a clue what he's doing. (duh)

ie Anthony Stokes - not good enough for Hearts (he's only scored nearly as many goals by himself as the whole ****ing Hearts team this season)

PaulSmith
12-02-2010, 02:19 PM
So per season Barr and Jose will cost hearts £1.1m per season or close to 15% of total turnover.

H18sry
12-02-2010, 02:22 PM
This is potentially another nail in the coffin.

Vald's take - We'll pay Jose £13,000 a week until the end of the season and then sell him for megabucks after he plays at the World Cup. So we pay him say £260,000 over 20 weeks and then get £3,260,000 and are £3,000,000 to the good. Better than letting him walk for nothing.

Jose's take - I'm not going to make the Portugal World Cup squad so I DONT think I will sign the new 2.5 year deal at £13,000 a week. Not bad money BUT I will TAKE THE WHOLE SIGNING ON FEE IN MAY AT CELTC. That Vlad aint taking me for a fool.

Sorted for you :devil:

Jonnyboy
12-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Nade's also on 13k a week

13 kilograms of burgers

:greengrin

bobbyhibs1983
12-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Nade's also on 13k a week

13 kilograms of burgers

:greengrin

May i say jonnyboy you are sorta right.

13kilograms of burgers you have said is only for breakfast, please remeber the 13kilograms of burgers for lunch and the 13kilograms of burgers dinner,I ve no idea what he snacks on though

Andy74
12-02-2010, 03:06 PM
So per season Barr and Jose will cost hearts £1.1m per season or close to 15% of total turnover.

Crazy isn't it. I'm at the not getting the whole thing stage now. I'm surprised that they are not clearing out anyone they can when the contracts are up and settling back down to wages nearer £2k a week, which would at least give them a fighting chance of getting close to breaking even some time in the next few years.

Is this just another gamble at paying him this short term to try and raise £2m or so in a year or two?

You'd almost think that the wages were going to come from the club, or debt owed by the club, and the owner would then pocket the transfer fee, so free money for him. In fact, with a bit of interest to the bank as well which also benefits the owner.

No one would do that would they? Surely the fans would twig after a while?:wink:

Baw187
12-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Crazy isn't it. I'm at the not getting the whole thing stage now. I'm surprised that they are not clearing out anyone they can when the contracts are up and settling back down to wages nearer £2k a week, which would at least give them a fighting chance of getting close to breaking even some time in the next few years.

Is this just another gamble at paying him this short term to try and raise £2m or so in a year or two?

You'd almost think that the wages were going to come from the club, or debt owed by the club, and the owner would then pocket the transfer fee, so free money for him. In fact, with a bit of interest to the bank as well which also benefits the owner.

No one would do that would they? Surely the fans would twig after a while?:wink:

That's pretty much exactly as it is. There's no other explanaintion for the way Romanov's running the club.

He's bending over backwards to get folk with a reasonable sell on value tied up to the club. No pressure on Stewart or Nade to sign up as there's nae chance of making anything on them.

That's his strategy at Hearts.

Andy74
12-02-2010, 03:53 PM
That's pretty much exactly as it is. There's no other explanaintion for the way Romanov's running the club.

He's bending over backwards to get folk with a reasonable sell on value tied up to the club. No pressure on Stewart or Nade to sign up as there's nae chance of making anything on them.

That's his strategy at Hearts.

What's puzzling me is why they would allow the debt to end up more than the assets they can sell. Even with the ground included they are well short of what they are due the bank.

Romanov can pocket the takings from transfers and registrations but that's never going to add up to what he, or the bank he has an interest in, would lose overall is it?

I can't figure that part of it out. Unless they really, really think that some day they will trade out of it by either development of the stadium to include hotels and things or by increased gate and prize money. Neither of which will happen or could even make money in the time Romanov has left in this world if they did happen.

jgl07
12-02-2010, 04:15 PM
What's puzzling me is why they would allow the debt to end up more than the assets they can sell. Even with the ground included they are well short of what they are due the bank.

Romanov can pocket the takings from transfers and registrations but that's never going to add up to what he, or the bank he has an interest in, would lose overall is it?

I can't figure that part of it out. Unless they really, really think that some day they will trade out of it by either development of the stadium to include hotels and things or by increased gate and prize money. Neither of which will happen or could even make money in the time Romanov has left in this world if they did happen.
The debt is the size that it is because Romanov has been bleeding the club for years with interest payments and 'registration fees'.

On the Goncalves issue he did much the same with Craig Gordon. He offered £18K a week to resign and thus stop him walking at the end of the season. He then sold him to Sunderland for big money.

In any event the club is technically insolvent and has been so for two or three years now. Read the auditors' notes in the last two sets of accounts. The deficit way exceeds Hearts assets (Tynecastle as a development site and a few players).

So a few thousand more will not make a big difference.

ancienthibby
12-02-2010, 04:42 PM
The debt is the size that it is because Romanov has been bleeding the club for years with interest payments and 'registration fees'.

On the Goncalves issue he did much the same with Craig Gordon. He offered £18K a week to resign and thus stop him walking at the end of the season. He then sold him to Sunderland for big money.

In any event the club is technically insolvent and has been so for two or three years now. Read the auditors' notes in the last two sets of accounts. The deficit way exceeds Hearts assets (Tynecastle as a development site and a few players).

So a few thousand more will not make a big difference.

Brown and Locke now signed!!

There goes the overdraft (and any chance of the contracts being honoured!!):devil:

jacomo
12-02-2010, 04:47 PM
The Yams have just spent the last 12 months persuading themselves that the new strategy - paying lower wages and recruiting more Scottish players - is the right way forward.

Some large scale revisionism needed on kickback now to try and square this deal.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
12-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Some players are worth the speculation risk Vlad is taking, but I doubt Goncalves is one of them. If nobody comes in with a big offer he's just added another two million to the Yam debt mountain.

mjhibby
12-02-2010, 04:53 PM
I wouldnt believe any figures that come out of the pbs as with everything else they tend to be exaggerated to make them a big team(the debt obviously is real and proves they are the biggest in debt).The same as kingston and nades wages.They will probably include bonuses and other payments so just like the attendance figures not being a reflection of those going through the turnstyles the actual basic will probably be around £8,000 a week something they obviously cant afford.Romanov can pile up the debt of course and trouser all transfer payments and of course the £2m interest he charges hertz.
The reason shabby couldnt sign anybody is patently clear and the desperation in trying to force congalves to sign a new contract shows how desperate they are.Im sure the mad one has made it quite plain to his wee lacky jimbo that failure of jose to sign a contract means he will lose his best players in the summer and the likes of stevenson(who the hell is he btw)coming in.When jeffries says he has a huge job on his hands its only because he probably now knows how bad it really is.Its only because it hertz that he took the job.How long before he bows to the inevitable and resigns.I feel a clock coming on.:faf:

CB_NO3
12-02-2010, 04:58 PM
Some players are worth the speculation risk Vlad is taking, but I doubt Goncalves is one of them. If nobody comes in with a big offer he's just added another two million to the Yam debt mountain.Who is going to pay 2 million for Goncalves in a year or two when they could get him for free now. There is obviously no interest in him. Vlad is taking a big gamble on this one.

Aldo
Was listening to sportsound during the week and Richard Gordon was talking to Preston and Robertson and they were saying the money on the table is silly money and will make him the highest paid player at the PBS.

Dont be fooled they are paying players that sort of money.

Jose, Stewart, Nade and even Black will me making close to 5 figures every week.

Say forty grand ish a week for them 4 thats about 2.1 million a year.

they better get that hotel up and running and the new 51 million pound stand to take the capacity to 400,000 before they go bust.

How long can a business be run like that before it goes to rat ****??

They can do what they want.

BEEJ
:agree:

He's giving the player £0.25m so that he can sell him on in the summer window for many times that amount. And in so far as a player's salary does play a part in determining that player's market value, Vlad will be hoping for another amazing transfer fee, a la Gordon.

However, the days of such fees may be numbered as the financial realities are beginning to bite even down in the EPL.

BEEJ
12-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Who is going to pay 2 million for Goncalves in a year or two when they could get him for free now. There is obviously no interest in him. Vlad is taking a big gamble on this one.
If a club comes in for him on a pre-contract arrangement the player doesn't play from now until the end of the season and any hopes he had of being in the Portugese squad go out the window.

Part/Time Supporter
12-02-2010, 05:03 PM
:agree:

He's giving the player £0.25m so that he can sell him on in the summer window for many times that amount. And in so far as a player's salary does play a part in determining that player's market value, Vlad will be hoping for another amazing transfer fee, a la Gordon.

However, the days of such fees may be numbered as the financial realities are beginning to bite even down in the EPL.

Any club interested in Goncalves should surely make a pre-contract offer now, rather than risk Romanov tieing him down.

ie say offer Goncalves £250K signing fee + £15K per week (nothing to Hertz), rather than having to pay Romanov £3M and the same wage.

I think the Portugal thing is a red herring, it's not as if he has been a regular in their squad.

Mibbes Aye
12-02-2010, 05:16 PM
As if there weren't enough contenders for Hibs' player of the year, Vlad pulls another masterstroke and puts himself firmly back amongst the frontrunners :thumbsup:

BEEJ
12-02-2010, 05:22 PM
I think the Portugal thing is a red herring, it's not as if he has been a regular in their squad.
It's the only bargaining chip that Vlad's got! And I think the player thinks there's a chance of selection.

joebakerforever
12-02-2010, 08:30 PM
It's the only bargaining chip that Vlad's got! And I think the player thinks there's a chance of selection.

IMO Goncalves is deluding himself if he imagines that he is a serious contender for the Portuguese World Cup squad, given he is playing infrequently for a minor team in a mediocre league in global terms :confused:

Maybe he has been subjected to ego brainwashing by one of Vlad's gurus, and really believes the hype.

Speedy
12-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Any club interested in Goncalves should surely make a pre-contract offer now, rather than risk Romanov tieing him down.

ie say offer Goncalves £250K signing fee + £15K per week (nothing to Hertz), rather than having to pay Romanov £3M and the same wage.

He's not even been capped

Sergey
12-02-2010, 09:27 PM
He's not even been capped

....and the Portuguese national side don't play "Hoofball"

He does have a decent shy, though. Well worth £13k a week :faf:

Bostonhibby
12-02-2010, 10:16 PM
In other news:

to do what?

Its a big game of poker for whoever is wanting to buy him - jack the transfer fee up - makes no difference to the Yams, the money will go to the Craig Gordon a/c at Ukios Bankas and a couple of pairs of bootlaces and a goal net made out of trawler nets that were tangled in a submarine hull will come the other way.

Mibbes Aye
12-02-2010, 10:22 PM
....and the Portuguese national side don't play "Hoofball"

He does have a decent shy, though. Well worth £13k a week :faf:

:agree: He couldn't make the squad for them against Malta. He's certainly not going to South Africa.

Notably, he's not had one of his lengthy injury lay-offs for a while. Nowadays, in the absence of Pinilla and Aguiar it's his duty to step up to the plate (or rather, hobble up to the physio table) and cash in on the yam loyal's generosity :agree:

whiskyhibby
12-02-2010, 10:41 PM
That's brilliant, the club is hemorrhaging cash and they are offering more than his current reported wage of £10k. :top marks

:jamboak::jamboak::jamboak:
:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

whiskyhibby
12-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Although to be fair, he is a cracking defender and I wish he was playing for us.....................

:slipper::slipper::slipper:

GreenOnions
12-02-2010, 11:24 PM
Was listening to sportsound during the week and Richard Gordon was talking to Preston and Robertson and they were saying the money on the table is silly money and will make him the highest paid player at the PBS.

Dont be fooled they are paying players that sort of money.

Jose, Stewart, Nade and even Black will me making close to 5 figures every week.

Say forty grand ish a week for them 4 thats about 2.1 million a year.

they better get that hotel up and running and the new 51 million pound stand to take the capacity to 400,000 before they go bust.

How long can a business be run like that before it goes to rat ****??

They can do what they want.

Sorry to pick up on one small thing but there is no way on earth Ian Black is on anywhere near 10k per week. He was hardly in major demand when the Jambos bought him. He's a good, solid mid-table SPL midfield player and is much more likely to be on £2k - £2.5 k per week and even then the major reason for that will be simply because Hearts overpay for players.