PDA

View Full Version : Question What's your highlight of the season so far?

Hakim Sar
12-02-2010, 10:27 AM
on the playing side of things i am torn between 3 outstanding memories

1 - galbraith winner at smackheid
2 - goal inside 12 secs against currant buns at ER - (would have been a goal remembered in Hibs folklore if the result had been more favourable)

3 - bit of a strange one this but I really remember wotherspoon's shot against Smelltic at ER when Boruc pulled of the greatest save I have ever seen with my own eyes - just a moment any football fan would appreciate as genius from both spoony and boruc.

thoughts?

God Petrie
12-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Galbraith's goal without a doubt. Never celebrated a goal so much since O'Neil's equaliser in Sauzee's only derby in charge.

Liam89
12-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Galbraith winner for sure, loved that goal so much. :thumbsup:

Riordans Boots
12-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Signing Liam Miller :thumbsup:

Hakim Sar
12-02-2010, 10:40 AM
yeah I agree about the day liam miller signed - statement of intent from the yogster if ever there was one.

made a lot of people sit up and take notice- compounded by the fact hearts responded by signing... erm... um.... wait the noo.... ach I canny mind :bye:

M8UDB
12-02-2010, 10:50 AM

2 - goal inside 12 secs against currant buns at ER - (would have been a goal remembered in Hibs folklore if the result had been more favourable)

3 - bit of a strange one this but I really remember wotherspoon's shot against Smelltic at ER when Boruc pulled of the greatest save I have ever seen with my own eyes - just a moment any football fan would appreciate as genius from both spoony and boruc.

thoughts?

All 3 were brilliant but Galbraiths winner was the stand out for me, hadnt been at smackheid for years and went to the game, sitting a few rows from the front and then when it hit the net i was straight down the front. nothin better than a last minute winner and givin the unwashed a "get it right roond ya" :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Craig_in_Prague
12-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Agree about galbraiths goal + the boruc save from DW.

Couple more highlights IMO:

1st game of the season, coming back strong and then winning.
- I have a feeling that helped set some sort of tone right from the off.

1-1 draw at Ibrox.
- an amazing end to end game of football. Hibs gave a right go that day and made me feel proud

5-1 whipping of Hamilton
- some sublime play, wonderful goals and got things going again.

Motherwell at home
- possibly one of the best team performances I've seen from any Hibs side.

hibsbollah
12-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Motherwell at home

I'd agree with that-brilliant performance:top marks

On a non-Hibs note, Michael Stewart's sending off, aiming a kick and falling over was unscriptable genius:thumbsup:

MountcastleHibs
12-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Has to be beating Celtic at Parkhead with Galbraiths good goal.

Here's hoping we can have another highlight on sunday!

blackpoolhibs
12-02-2010, 11:56 AM
The appointment of Yogi. At last a man who really wanted the job, and someone who took it for all the right reasons.:thumbsup:

MacBean
12-02-2010, 12:01 PM

thoughts?

:agree: all three are my fave memories of the season

Billychaotic182
12-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Aberdeen Away Game. Singing for the whole game :notworthy:

Baldy Foghorn
12-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Just seeing how well we as a team play until the final whistle. Never seen much of that in the past......

Also the squad that Yogi has assembled, some real quality in there........

blackpoolhibs
12-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Just seeing how well we as a team play until the final whistle. Never seen much of that in the past......

Also the squad that Yogi has assembled, some real quality in there........

Well done DB, i bet you feel a lot better for letting it out. :top marks :wink:

H18sry
12-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Well done DB, i bet you feel a lot better for letting it out. :top marks :wink:

:stirrer:

Hakim Sar
12-02-2010, 12:26 PM
what about jonaton johannssons winner at tynie for the perth saints???

BOOM!!!!!

i am sure at that point Los Yambolinos were a bit :grr: and realised that vlad had been lying to them all these years...

oh wait...

NoTottiNoParty
12-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Aberdeen Away Game. Singing for the whole game :notworthy:

Aye i agree!
Freezing cold- just before christmas and it made the effort worthwile!
Not a huge support but the singing was brilliant and more than made up for the lack of numbers!

James70
12-02-2010, 12:49 PM
I would add Stokes's goal at Ibrox to others already mentioned. :agree:

lyonhibs
12-02-2010, 12:56 PM
For some reason I went particularly mental at the last minute winner against St Mirren, mainly because they'd played horrid, spoiling football for the whole 2nd half and it would have been so typical of Hibs to beat the OF away then drop points at home to a bottom 6 team!!

RoslinInstHibby
12-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Miller's goal v aberdeen was a great one for me, the hamilton 5-1 game too.

Stevie Reid
12-02-2010, 02:04 PM
The own goal winner against St. Mirren is the most I've celebrated a goal at ER in a good while. Meant so much to us, and said so much about us, this season.

Hibs90
12-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Quite a few.

2-0 up at Pittodrie
2-1 at Parkhead
Demolition of Hamilton
Aberdeen at home

Scouse Hibee
12-02-2010, 02:16 PM
The own goal winner against St. Mirren is the most I've celebrated a goal at ER in a good while. Meant so much to us, and said so much about us, this season.

:agree: When the ball hit the net the celebrations seemed so much more frantic than usual, have discussed with a few others and they all agreed that the overwhelming sense of relief was unreal, you'd have thought we had just won a cup rather than three points.

1875godsgift
12-02-2010, 03:11 PM
I would add Stokes's goal at Ibrox to others already mentioned. :agree:
I'd agree with that one! Superb pass inch perfect pass from Zouma and brilliant control to knock it in!
:notworthy:

Stevie Reid
12-02-2010, 03:12 PM
:agree: When the ball hit the net the celebrations seemed so much more frantic than usual, have discussed with a few others and they all agreed that the overwhelming sense of relief was unreal, you'd have thought we had just won a cup rather than three points.

It's games like that that make you think it could be a really special season for us. All things considered a draw wouldn't have been a bad result for us that day given we had gone behind and it would've meant 7 out of 9 against Hamilton, Celtic away and St. Mirren - the win however moved things up a level and made it a perfect week, particularly with all Dundee Utd, Hearts and Aberdeen all dropping points that day.

Said so much about the desire, commitment and resilience of the team as well.

hibsboy90
12-02-2010, 03:39 PM
As great as Galbraith's winner was, it was watched online for me and so isn't quite the same. I still went mental though :greengrin

The following game against st mirren, being one nil down and the prospect of the good work at Parkhead being undone by a side playing anti-football for 90m just did not seem right. We had been pressing and pressing, and we got our just deserves for the shift we'd put in.

Maybe a new thread is in order, but worst moment so far. Getting horsed by rangers (3 hun housemates made it much worse), half time at Tannadice, and Coming home from New Douglas Park after a performance so lacking in effort after a rousing loss at home to celtic was just so depressing.

EasterRoad4Ever
12-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Easy one...... how Yogi has turned out as a manager for my beloved club :thumbsup:

goosano
12-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Watching Liam Miller week in week out

Wotherspoon developing as our next star

Hibs playing as a team and not giving up

Yogi and his enthusiasm

mjhibby
12-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Agree about galbraiths goal + the boruc save from DW.

Couple more highlights IMO:

1st game of the season, coming back strong and then winning.
- I have a feeling that helped set some sort of tone right from the off.

1-1 draw at Ibrox.
- an amazing end to end game of football. Hibs gave a right go that day and made me feel proud

5-1 whipping of Hamilton
- some sublime play, wonderful goals and got things going again.

Motherwell at home

Second half at well where rob mclean described it as 3-1 going on 6 or 7 and that we blew them away.Too many midweek games(ironically to accomodate the champions league)means performances will be patchy.Once we get back to one game a week hopefully we can see some more great football.I think btw had we stayed calm against the dons we would have won the game as we rushed at lot when if we played our passing game they were there to be beaten.:thumbsup:

PeterboroHibee
12-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Wotherspoon
Beating Celtic away
Stoke goal against Rangers
All of Yogis signings!

A couple of non-Hibs ones -

Darren Dods punching Nade in the balls was pretty special
Samaras (who I hate) celebrating his goal before it had gone in, for it to then hit the post (disappointing in that it let Hearts win that game I think).

joe breezy
12-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Rangers 0 Hibs 3, Valentines Day 2010

18Craig75
12-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Galbraith's winner @ Celtc Park. Unbelievable celebrations, I was so proud of the boys that night.

I have to say after the shambles that was last season, it's great to see that the players all genuinely care about the club. From Petrie down to the players there's a real enthusiasm and desire to succeed, and I for one am loving it!

:thumbsup:

Onwards and upwards!

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Nade song at Tynecasshole, with all the verses sung all the way through.:nade::applause::applause:

EH54
12-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Galbraith last min goal
close 2nd, Stokes at Ibrox,

SteveHFC
12-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Galbraith winner at parkhead.
aberdeen away.

London Hibs FC
12-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Our change strip.
Inverness being in Division 1.
The return of Yogi.
The statement of intent that is both Miller & Stokes.
Rangers’ Debt.
Cannae carry Nade.
The signing of two quality keepers.
The emergence of Wotherspoon.
Step forward Kevin McBride!
Michael Stewart falling on his backside.
Every match where we have come back from going behind, especially Parkhead.
Knowing there is more to come from Galbraith.
Ian Murray’s consistency.
Gow dismissing both Hearts and Aberdeen.
McCannavaro being back in training.
Hanlon helping me realise that there is life after Bamba.
St Mirren qualifying for the Final of the Wee Cup.
Jimmy Jeffries knowing.
Losing less League Matches than Celtic.
Being four points clear in 3rd with a game in hand.
The Lesser Greens not remembering that there is more than one ‘Keano’ and paying him 65k a week.
Being at home in the Quarter Final.
:notworthy:

CallumHibs07
12-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Spoony skinning Mikey "ginger bawz" Stewart at Tiny.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

YouTube - Hibernian's David Wotherspoon Showboat Soccer AM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBQvgKZL5QQ)

Speedy
12-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Beating Brechin. It's the only game I've been at this season that we've won. :brickwall

Joe's ice cream
12-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Virtualy all oft he above, along withe the return of the JJ song!!

But also the same as every season......Heading to games with my mates and now my son on occasions coming along with us, always thanking my lucky starts that i'm a Hibs fan, surronded by good folk having fun and being a memeber of the Hibs family!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

monktonharp
12-02-2010, 10:52 PM
For some reason I went particularly mental at the last minute winner against St Mirren, mainly because they'd played horrid, spoiling football for the whole 2nd half and it would have been so typical of Hibs to beat the OF away then drop points at home to a bottom 6 team!!:agree:similar thoughts. although it was great to be at Ibrox,and witness Stokey's goal. fair scunnered the huns.

tbfhibs
12-02-2010, 11:38 PM
Son's 1st season ticket aged 3, he's loving it. 4 years old now and loving it even more.

lyonhibs
13-02-2010, 12:29 AM
:agree:similar thoughts. although it was great to be at Ibrox,and witness Stokey's goal. fair scunnered the huns.

Indeed it was :thumbsup: - a touch of class that no other striker - except God aka Robbie Keane :rolleyes: - in the SPL could hope to match.

If only Nish had put away that sitter......................

G15 Hibs
13-02-2010, 01:22 AM
There have been some incredible moments of elation at late, late goals this season. And not just necessarily in Glasgow.

For me, those few moments that contained the own goal winner against St Mirren a couple of weeks ago and the news that Jumbo Jeffries had lost his first game back at THEM, and the singing of the 'cheer up' song were pretty special.

Both home games against Aberdeen had amazing moments too. Those late goals showing that Yogi's Hibs never give up has meant a hell of a lot.