PDA

View Full Version : What won't Mark McGhee do to help celtic

blueisthecolour
11-02-2010, 10:34 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2850628/McGhee-I-may-rest-my-stars-for-Celts.html

Mark they don't want you, get used to it, if you carry on like this it will be more than the red ultras leaving.

jakedance
11-02-2010, 10:38 PM
Has the Aberdeen support turned on him yet? Cannae be long now.

bigstu
11-02-2010, 11:20 PM
he's a complete prick

Liam89
11-02-2010, 11:21 PM
i'm no fan of him. :dizzy:

Diclonius
11-02-2010, 11:24 PM
A manager determined to suck up to Rangers is followed by a manager determined to suck up to Celtic.

They sure know how to piss off their fans, eh. :wink:

nonshinyfinish
11-02-2010, 11:31 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2850628/McGhee-I-may-rest-my-stars-for-Celts.html

Mark they don't want you, get used to it, if you carry on like this it will be more than the red ultras leaving.

But it's Celtc fans who are paranoid, of course. :rolleyes:

One arse, two cheeks - you are terribly difficult to distinguish from a distance.

blueisthecolour
11-02-2010, 11:37 PM
But it's Celtc fans who are paranoid, of course. :rolleyes:

One arse, two cheeks - you are terribly difficult to distinguish from a distance.

You think, this is the man who wouldn't take the aberdeen job in case the 3 names infront of him (he might not even have been 4th choice) rejected the job, then when he doe's accept the aberdeen job, his first interview he still goes on about the celtic job.

The spl state you must field your strongest team yet he want's to rest players against who, yep celtic also wanted to do it last game im sure, to save players for a team in the lower league.

Listen to MM and 9 times out of 10 his interview will be more about celtic than aberdeen.

You should remember this could harm hibs chances of 2nd place.

blueisthecolour
11-02-2010, 11:38 PM
A manager determined to suck up to Rangers is followed by a manager determined to suck up to Celtic.

They sure know how to piss off their fans, eh. :wink:

who is this?

Dunbar Hibee
11-02-2010, 11:39 PM
What a hideous , repulsive prick of a man.

borders.cabbage
11-02-2010, 11:43 PM
You think, this is the man who wouldn't take the aberdeen job in case the 3 names infront of him (he might not even have been 4th choice) rejected the job, then when he doe's accept the aberdeen job, his first interview he still goes on about the celtic job.

The spl state you must field your strongest team yet he want's to rest players against who, yep celtic also wanted to do it last game im sure, to save players for a team in the lower league.

Listen to MM and 9 times out of 10 his interview will be more about celtic than aberdeen.
How many times have Rangers rested players due to upcoming European ties ?

blueisthecolour
11-02-2010, 11:47 PM
How many times have Rangers rested players due to upcoming European ties ?

When, who was dropped and who came in, I would bet there wouldn't be much difference in the quality of player.

He is resting players for a team sitting 7th in the first division.

nonshinyfinish
11-02-2010, 11:56 PM

Indeed, as a Paranoid Tim friend of mine is fond of saying, 'It's not paranoia when it's actually happening.'

:faf:

borders.cabbage
12-02-2010, 12:02 AM
When, who was dropped and who came in,
At this time of night do you really think I can be arsed looking through pages and pages of stats about the Huns ? Are you actually saying that Rangers have never rested important players for upcoming games ?

I would bet there wouldn't be much difference in the quality of player.

So Broadfoot in for Whittaker or Lafferty in for Boyd wouldn't weaken the team ?

Diclonius
12-02-2010, 12:12 AM
who is this?

Calderwood.

blueisthecolour
12-02-2010, 12:18 AM
At this time of night do you really think I can be arsed looking through pages and pages of stats about the Huns ? Are you actually saying that Rangers have never rested important players for upcoming games ?

Im just asking then I could respond.

So Broadfoot in for Whittaker or Lafferty in for Boyd wouldn't weaken the team ?

In defence I would have Broadfoot in the team in front of Whittaker anyway, and Boyd never got in the team for euro games until recently, so bad choices there.

When walter Smith makes changes it's normally to suit our play, ie drop Boyd when playing 1 up front, that's not weakening the team, that's playing to your strength's.

It has prob happened but couldn't think of major changes tbh.

When MM makes changes it's normally when they play celtic.

blueisthecolour
12-02-2010, 12:21 AM
Calderwood.

When did he weaken his team against us, has he not got a decent record against us up in aberdeen?

2006/07 the last we won up there with Calderwood in charge, not bad for someone not trying.

borders.cabbage
12-02-2010, 12:31 AM
In defence I would have Broadfoot in the team in front of Whittaker anyway, and Boyd never got in the team for euro games until recently, so bad choices there.

When walter Smith makes changes it's normally to suit our play, ie drop Boyd when playing 1 up front, that's not weakening the team, that's playing to your strength's.

It has prob happened but couldn't think of major changes tbh.

When MM makes changes it's normally when they play celtic.
:bitchy:
Seriously ?
You would hand Broadfoot a jersey before Whittaker ?

borders.cabbage
12-02-2010, 12:33 AM
When did he weaken his team against us, has he not got a decent record against us up in aberdeen?

2006/07 the last we won up there with Calderwood in charge, not bad for someone not trying.

He sent his Dunfermline team out to lie down at Ibrox on the last week of the season one year. You beat them 5 or 6 nil and won the league on goal difference.

RickyS
12-02-2010, 12:37 AM
Seriously ?

whittaker only ever looked good in a green jersey, whereas Broadfoot looks like a Hun. the fact he is gash disnae matter. broadfoot looks like any jake ball walkin through the almondvale centre of a saturday afternoon

Diclonius
12-02-2010, 12:52 AM
He sent his Dunfermline team out to lie down at Ibrox on the last week of the season one year. You beat them 5 or 6 nil and won the league on goal difference.

Game, set and match.

Add that to his constant praising of Rangers in the media, and unwillingness to criticise Lafferty or defend his own player after Laffery cheating last season.

It's always the blame game and blind eye combo with you lot.

Danderhall Hibs
12-02-2010, 07:41 AM
The headline says McGhee's going to rest his "stars".

He'll be putting his normal team out then I'd imagine.

Steve20
12-02-2010, 07:46 AM

Sorry but that is nonsense. It was 6-1 if I remember right, so was he upset his own team scored? No.

Did Jim Jefferies send Killie out to lose heavy to Celtic that day as well?

WindyMiller
12-02-2010, 08:02 AM
McGee states "We do not necessarily have to beat Celtic on Saturday to finish fourth in the SPL and make Europe."

He's 11 points behind the Arabs and 6 behind a resurgent M/we'll, he needs all the 'Stars' he can play.

The mans a p rick.

down-the-slope
12-02-2010, 08:09 AM

Aye but are you not giving us the 3 points on Saturday to ensure that :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
12-02-2010, 08:10 AM
McGee states "We do not necessarily have to beat Celtic on Saturday to finish fourth in the SPL and make Europe."

He's 11 points behind the Arabs and 6 behind a resurgent M/we'll, he needs all the 'Stars' he can play.

The mans a p rick.

Aberdeen want to win a Cup they're not bothered about league position - that's why they sacked Calderwood.

d campbelton
12-02-2010, 08:18 AM
Does he want to hand celtic the title or second place what a clown.Sure the celtic fans and the board will appreciate the gesture though fielding a weakened side this week.

skipster7
12-02-2010, 08:30 AM
this is a guy who, when being unveiled as the sheep boss said something like "i'm surprised i didn't get interviewed for the celtic job"!!!
an ungracious nae necked twat:bitchy:

james62
12-02-2010, 08:41 AM
Not a McGhee fan myself but surely his job is to do what he feels is best for Aberdeen, not Celtic or Rangers? I seem to remember Collins resting much of our 1st team the game before the Dunfermline replay, not that it ended up doing us much good. :boo hoo:

blackpoolhibs
12-02-2010, 08:45 AM
The huns have enough help from ref's and linesmen, without worrying what Aberdeen are doing.

skipster7
12-02-2010, 08:54 AM
Not a McGhee fan myself but surely his job is to do what he feels is best for Aberdeen, not Celtic or Rangers? I seem to remember Collins resting much of our 1st team the game before the Dunfermline replay, not that it ended up doing us much good. :boo hoo:
i think its more an attention thing with him,when mccarthey done the same with wolves it was big news,maybe he wants to distract from how pash they are. unfortunatly for him aberdeen dont have any stars to rest so nobody really gives a toss:wink:
im sure the fuds got ADD
as for collins the players were still in their childish huff at that time so resting them was pointless as they were always going to be outfought in that game.:grr:

KerPlunk
12-02-2010, 09:01 AM
im sure the fuds got ADD

Aberdeen Destruction Desire ? :wink:

blueisthecolour
12-02-2010, 09:28 AM
Seriously ?

In defence yes, Whittaker is rotten in defence, when played in midfield he does a job of scoring goals as seen this season i think he has 9 or 10 goals, but don't quote me on that.

blueisthecolour
12-02-2010, 09:34 AM

You should watch this game, don't think he rested player's they scored a cracker which could have gave celtic the league and what a goal it was, also check out the players we had that day, quality players who could score goals, we also scored a pen in the last min which people said typical pen last min to win the league, the goal before that was the league winner so with or without the pen we where champions.

blueisthecolour
12-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Game, set and match.

Add that to his constant praising of Rangers in the media, and unwillingness to criticise Lafferty or defend his own player after Laffery cheating last season.

It's always the blame game and blind eye combo with you lot.

See above.

stokesmessiah
12-02-2010, 09:39 AM
When, who was dropped and who came in, I would bet there wouldn't be much difference in the quality of player.

He is resting players for a team sitting 7th in the first division.

Ahh so its ok to rest players if your Rangers and have a squad filled with "talent" for a game that you deem to be important, but its not ok for anyone else.

We really should just hand you guys all the cups now and save you from having to dirty yourselves by mixing with us.

TUBE.

blackpoolhibs
12-02-2010, 10:03 AM
Ahh so its ok to rest players if your Rangers and have a squad filled with "talent" for a game that you deem to be important, but its not ok for anyone else.

We really should just hand you guys all the cups now and save you from having to dirty yourselves by mixing with us.

TUBE.

Exactly, and the other arse is no different. And the funny thing is, they cant see the irony of what they are saying.

(((Fergus)))
12-02-2010, 10:13 AM
The huns have enough help from ref's and linesmen, without worrying what Aberdeen are doing.

Just what I was going to say. The OP has a cheek after that farce on Wednesday night.

God Petrie
12-02-2010, 10:33 AM
QUICK a rangers fan is posting - disagree with him

Danderhall Hibs
12-02-2010, 10:37 AM

:hilarious

stokesmessiah
12-02-2010, 10:39 AM

QUICK - make a witty remark !!!

I am disagreeing with him because....now wait for it......I disagree with him!!!!

Why is it ok for Rangers to rest ppl but not Aberdeen. Not for one minute did i say that Magoo's remarks are acceptable. But blueisthecolour seems to think Rangers can rest people because they have a better squad than everyone else.

God Petrie
12-02-2010, 10:49 AM

I am disagreeing with him because....now wait for it......I disagree with him!!!!

Why is it ok for Rangers to rest ppl but not Aberdeen. Not for one minute did i say that Magoo's remarks are acceptable. But blueisthecolour seems to think Rangers can rest people because they have a better squad than everyone else.

I doubt they have rested people for a game against first division opposition - I also doubt they have came out in the papers before a game which affects other teams in the league and said they will rest players.

Of course he is going to suspect McGhee is looking out for Celtic considering MMs ties to them - he's a rangers fan.

blackpoolhibs
12-02-2010, 11:13 AM
I doubt they have rested people for a game against first division opposition - I also doubt they have came out in the papers before a game which affects other teams in the league and said they will rest players.

Of course he is going to suspect McGhee is looking out for Celtic considering MMs ties to them - he's a rangers fan.

The huns and the smellies will do whats right for them, nothing wrong in that, just as there is nothing wrong in what the dons are doing. Although dont try and defend any of the bigots for caring what happens to any other team in the SPL, they have been doing their best to leave scotland for years, and they get every rule changed to help them get bigger and stronger, to the detriment of the SPL since it started.

Green_one
12-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Aberdeen have STAR players :confused::confused:

They will lose, whatever team they play against Celtic????

They need to save players for a game against a team in the bottom half of the first division:confused:

PATHETIC. Resign, you sad excuse for a manager.

For once, I hope that Celtic give them a complete doing. :grr:

And we dropped points to these mugs:rolleyes:

Speedway
12-02-2010, 12:47 PM
'Mon The Magoo

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/8512712.stm

Part/Time Supporter
12-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Magoo spits the dummy (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/8512712.stm)

:hilarious

Golden Bear
12-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Magoo's almost daily rants to the press are becoming more bizarre by the minute.

He's in the process of losing his marbles imo - it's either that or his ego makes him think that he's some kind of grand csar of the scottish football scene.

blueisthecolour
12-02-2010, 03:12 PM

out of interest what game are you talking about?

jacomo
12-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Given McGoo's continuing but futile attempts to brown nose the Celtc hierachy, is anyone else not just a little concerned that he's not entirely focused on what's best for Aberdeen?

It's in our interest for Celtic to face as tough a side as possible, and Raith to knock Aberdeen out of the Cup.

Hopefully this wee media storm will put pressure on him to pick his best side against Celtic.

blueisthecolour
12-02-2010, 03:22 PM
Given McGoo's continuing but futile attempts to brown nose the Celtc hierachy, is anyone else not just a little concerned that he's not entirely focused on what's best for Aberdeen?

It's in our interest for Celtic to face as tough a side as possible, and Raith to knock Aberdeen out of the Cup.

Hopefully this wee media storm will put pressure on him to pick his best side against Celtic.

That's my thinking also, as you see im not only looking after the interests of Rangers but all of the spl teams:wink:

The_Todd
12-02-2010, 03:30 PM
Lest we forget we are still battling with RaSellick for 2nd until mathematically impossible.

McGhee better not be resting players for his match against them, but we know where his loyalties lie and it certainly isn't Aberdeen.

jacomo
12-02-2010, 03:44 PM
That's my thinking also, as you see im not only looking after the interests of Rangers but all of the spl teams:wink:

:grr:

No one will agree with my comment now!

:wink:

renato
12-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Aberdeen manager Mark McGhee is refusing to speak to the media after newspaper speculation suggested he will field a weakened side against Celtic

That'll be a first then. About time this motor mouth shut his gub, sick of listening to his pash in the press.

Is Magoo the most hated football manager in Scotland?

blueisthecolour
13-02-2010, 09:47 AM
Forget my other post, Im sure Mr McGhee will pull a masterstroke today.

Good Luck ABERDEEN (not often i say that)

Pretty Boy
13-02-2010, 09:49 AM
I 2nd this.

Then that just leaves us to do the business against your mob on Sunday and it's a 3 way battle for the title.:wink:

blueisthecolour
13-02-2010, 09:52 AM
I 2nd this.

Then that just leaves us to do the business against your mob on Sunday and it's a 3 way battle for the title.:wink:

That's fair enough, I say it will be about post 10 before we have the posters who says who give's a **** about Mark Mcghee and Aberdeen, go post on your own board before signing off with HUN.:faf:

Cabbage East
13-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Who give's a **** about Mark Mcghee and Aberdeen, go post on your own board.

Hun.

:agree:

down-the-slope
13-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Last 2 posts more predictable than Toyota's reliability.......oppps wait minute

Pretty Boy
13-02-2010, 09:59 AM
That's fair enough, I say it will be about post 10 before we have the posters who says who give's a **** about Mark Mcghee and Aberdeen, go post on your own board before signing off with HUN.:faf:

Despite the fact this has already happened and will continue to happen, i hope you realise you will still be the narrow minded bigot.

Just so you're aware.:greengrin

Hibernian Verse
13-02-2010, 10:05 AM

Rangers and Celtic probably have the squad depth to beat most teams in the SPL. They wouldn't get away with it against us or United, or even Aberdeen, but against the rest they could.

The rule is to stop teams lying down.

Lucius Apuleius
13-02-2010, 12:02 PM
With big teams it is called squad rotation. We wee teams wouldn't understand that. hun.

H18sry
13-02-2010, 01:18 PM

Another piece of poo from the weedgie press AND OUR RESIDENT HUN.