PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen red ultra's ceased to exist

blueisthecolour
11-02-2010, 09:19 PM
I assume they were no banners for them last night, would I be correct?

We are sad to announce that as of Tuesday 5th January 2010 the Aberdeen Red Ultras have ceased to exist.

The Red Ultras were set up in 1999 by a group of supporters who wished to bring colour and atmosphere to games involving our beloved Aberdeen Football Club. It has not been easy to do this within the safety climate that currently exists in Scottish Football and mistakes have been made during this time. The pictures that will remain on this site are testament however to all of our members hard work over the years and will remain as a reminder to all what can be acheived if you truly believe in your cause. We are forever grateful for for the dedication and passion our members have displayed and we will continue to share a bond of friendship that will never end.

We would like to take this opportunity thank you all at Aberdeen FC who have assisted and the Aberdeen supporters in general who gave us great support during these years, we appreciate your support more than you ever knew.

The Red Ultras are no more however we must be happy with what we have achieved, we did it for the team we love and that love will continue regardless of what the future holds.

The website and galleries will remain accessible for the next few months should you wish to save any images.

Stood Free 1999-2010
Scotlands #1

cwilliamson85
11-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Why is a rangers fan posting something about Aberdeen ultra fans on a hibs forum? :confused:

blueisthecolour
11-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Why is a rangers fan posting something about Aberdeen ultra fans on a hibs forum? :confused:

Don't answer a question with a question please, at least answer my question first:wink:

Ed De Gramo
11-02-2010, 09:42 PM

We are sad to announce that as of Tuesday 5th January 2010 the Aberdeen Red Ultras have ceased to exist.

The Red Ultras were set up in 1999 by a group of supporters who wished to bring colour and atmosphere to games involving our beloved Aberdeen Football Club. It has not been easy to do this within the safety climate that currently exists in Scottish Football and mistakes have been made during this time. The pictures that will remain on this site are testament however to all of our members hard work over the years and will remain as a reminder to all what can be acheived if you truly believe in your cause. We are forever grateful for for the dedication and passion our members have displayed and we will continue to share a bond of friendship that will never end.

We would like to take this opportunity thank you all at Aberdeen FC who have assisted and the Aberdeen supporters in general who gave us great support during these years, we appreciate your support more than you ever knew.

The Red Ultras are no more however we must be happy with what we have achieved, we did it for the team we love and that love will continue regardless of what the future holds.

The website and galleries will remain accessible for the next few months should you wish to save any images.

Stood Free 1999-2010
Scotlands #1

Mark McGhee's slowly killing the team :greengrin:thumbsup:

Green Man
11-02-2010, 09:42 PM
I didn't see any banners last night, the away fans were fairly noisy in spells though. Its a shame the Ultras are no more, I'm all for anyone trying to improve the atmosphere at games.

Any further detail on why they've disbanded?

Allant1981
11-02-2010, 09:43 PM

because we have only just played them and its something that some people take an interest in

Removed
11-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Don't answer a question with a question please, at least answer my question first:wink:

They might not have the banners but I bet they will still sing the songs :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
11-02-2010, 09:52 PM

why?

blueisthecolour
11-02-2010, 09:53 PM
I didn't see any banners last night, the away fans were fairly noisy in spells though. Its a shame the Ultras are no more, I'm all for anyone trying to improve the atmosphere at games.

Any further detail on why they've disbanded?

No mate, just what I posted.

blackpoolhibs
11-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Perhaps we could buy their flags from them.

blueisthecolour
why?

Because The first question was still to be answered:wink:

Cabbage East
This would go down a storm with the rest of your mutant hun mates on swallowswallow

blueisthecolour
11-02-2010, 09:58 PM
This would go down a storm with the rest of your mutant hun mates on swallowswallow

No love lost between us and aberdeen, I would honestly say they may be hated more than celtic fans, well it's a close call.

Frazerbob
11-02-2010, 10:00 PM
The Red Ultras have disbanded. They had a pretty shakey relationship with the AFC board and other fans. They were given access to the stadium to set up their displays etc but then gone moved by the club from the Dick Donald stand to the open corner at the other end of the stadium. Think it was because fans were complaining about the standing etc. Some fans resented their supiriority complex by all accounts.

I'm sure one of our guest Sheep will fill in the blanks and correct me but I think that's the jist of ot.

Cabbage East
11-02-2010, 10:12 PM
No love lost between us and aberdeen, I would honestly say they may be hated more than celtic fans, well it's a close call.

Go and post it there with your mates then hun.

Sylar
11-02-2010, 10:15 PM

Any need?

It's a post/subject worthy of discussion, as the Ultras were one of the bigger groups in Scotland.

blueisthecolour
11-02-2010, 10:16 PM

:yawn:

greenlex
11-02-2010, 10:27 PM
Any word on the trumpets at the back of the Broomland road stand disbanding? I like to rustle a sweetie paper or two during a game.

Stood Free 1999-2010
Scotlands #1

HibeeDaz6270
11-02-2010, 10:28 PM
Give the guy a break! People like you do my box in:grr:. He has came on and posted something which in no way offends anyone, who cares if he supports rangers!

Fantic
11-02-2010, 10:57 PM

Glory Glory!

Fantic
11-02-2010, 11:06 PM
:yawn:

Good impression of you and your mates at Ibrox

hibeemikey21
11-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Give the guy a break! People like you do my box in:grr:. He has came on and posted something which in no way offends anyone, who cares if he supports rangers!

Could not agree more with you! I find some peoples treatment of this guy petulant and tiresome. I am a bit surprised by the fact that someone who supports rangers, takes such an interest in hibs, but there is no harm in it at all.

I really wonder what world those folk who rip into him live in. In my groups of mates and social circles, I am in a complete minority being a hibee. However, I really enjoy the friendly banter/piss taking that goes on and also am interested in what is going on at other clubs.

Those of you who put on the front that you foam at the mouth at the sight of a rival fan need to lighten up a bit!

borders.cabbage
11-02-2010, 11:40 PM
:faf:

Sylar
12-02-2010, 07:26 AM
:faf:

Hardly funny - based on my experiences, he's right.

My fiance's parents are season ticket holders at Ibrox - have been for years. They aren't biggots and refuse to go to away games these days, as they realise just how much worse their away support is.

They quite regularly state that they hate Aberdeen's fans much more than Celtic - reasoning? Celtics fans may spew political/pro-Irish/sectarian guff, but that only should offend people who are caught up in all that crap (or are mindless enough to feign offence for the sake of maintaining a rivalry/prejudice). Aberdeen fans singing about the Ibrox disaster(s), one of their players ending a Rangers' player's career with a horrific challenge (to name 2 of their vile ditty's) are a bit closer to home for many Rangers fans (certainly the ones I know anyway).

tony higgins
12-02-2010, 07:29 AM
Hardly funny - based on my experiences, he's right.

My fiance's parents are season ticket holders at Ibrox - have been for years. They aren't biggots and refuse to go to away games these days, as they realise just how much worse their away support is.

They quite regularly state that they hate Aberdeen's fans much more than Celtic - reasoning? Celtics fans may spew political/pro-Irish/sectarian guff, but that only should offend people who are caught up in all that crap (or are mindless enough to feign offence for the sake of maintaining a rivalry/prejudice). Aberdeen fans singing about the Ibrox disaster(s), one of their players ending a Rangers' player's career with a horrific challenge (to name 2 of their vile ditty's) are a bit closer to home for many Rangers fans (certainly the ones I know anyway).

So were they bigots before Mo Johnston signed ?

Chuckie
12-02-2010, 07:34 AM

Could not agree more with you..
I could honestly say Hun fans are hated more than jambo fans...

Chuckie
12-02-2010, 07:36 AM
[QUOTE=blueisthecolour;2349786]I assume they were no banners for them last night, would I be correct?

Where were you schooled ?

KWJ
12-02-2010, 07:50 AM
Could not agree more with you! I find some peoples treatment of this guy petulant and tiresome. I am a bit surprised by the fact that someone who supports rangers, takes such an interest in hibs, but there is no harm in it at all.

I really wonder what world those folk who rip into him live in. In my groups of mates and social circles, I am in a complete minority being a hibee. However, I really enjoy the friendly banter/piss taking that goes on and also am interested in what is going on at other clubs.

Those of you who put on the front that you foam at the mouth at the sight of a rival fan need to lighten up a bit!

whs

Antifa Hibs
12-02-2010, 07:53 AM
Pretty much what FB posted. There was also a bit of a crackdown from security, they weren't getting access to stands (home & away) and allowed to do certain displays anymore, i.e card displays were banned as the polis said the paper could be used as missiles :confused:

They went out on a high though after letting off a big red smoke bomb at Dundee Utd away. Although the reaction from the geeky internet fans is exactly what you expected 'disgraceful behaviour' 'they could've caused a roit' blah blah blah.

Only one group now in Scotland now. Celtc's Green Brigade.

lyonhibs
12-02-2010, 09:26 AM
blueisthecolour should be banned purely for his horrific use of the apostrophe in the thread title.

Such grammar abuse (and ideally all Huns) need(s) to be stamped out for society to function well. :agree: :agree:

Re: Aberdeen Ultras? Couldn't care less, although I think Aberdeen will continute to be one of the best away supports at ER.

Liam89
12-02-2010, 11:13 AM

agreed, all this guy does is give us information and gets a discussion going. Well done BITC ;)

bawheid
12-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Blue is the Colour should be banned purely for his horrific use of the apostrophe in the thread title.

Such grammar abuse (and ideally all Huns) need(s) to be stamped out for society to function well :agree: :agree:

Re: Aberdeen Ultras?? Couldn't care less, although I think Aberdeen will continute to be one of the best away supports at ER.

You need a full stop at the end of your second sentence.

Also, the OP's name is not capitalised nor does it include spaces.

Also, there was no need for the use of two question marks after the word Ultras.

Happy to help. :aok:

Mikey_1875
12-02-2010, 11:52 AM
Quite a shame I think, helped bring an atmosphere to away games and would hope other clubs followed similar methods. Hope they still bring through decent numbers.

Scouse Hibee
12-02-2010, 01:04 PM

:wtf:and we complain about them!!!

Pretty Boy
12-02-2010, 01:34 PM
To be honest i went to Aberdeens pre season game at Hull with a couple of Aberdeen supporting mates of mine and i found the red ultras to be the biggest shower of pr1cks you could ever have the misfortune to meet.

They spent more time shouting at other people in their own support to sing, stand up, help with a flag, jump around etc etc than actually watching the game or creating any atmosphere themselves. A good few of them were so pi55ed they didn't even get into the game.

One boy i spoke to out in town after the game had to be the most boring man in the world. After boring me with tales of all the flags he had made and all the songs he wrote he then burst into tears because he had lost a flag 2 years before, he was then sick all over the wall of the pub and sent home.

The majority of the guys were either unmarried, pervy 30 somethings or 12-15 year old who just wanted to belong.

They certainly won't be missed by me.

Leithenhibby
12-02-2010, 01:38 PM
To be honest i went to Aberdeens pre season game at Hull with a couple of Aberdeen supporting mates of mine and i found the red ultras to be the biggest shower of pr1cks you could ever have the misfortune to meet.

They spent more time shouting at other people in their own support to sing, stand up, help with a flag, jump around etc etc than actually watching the game or creating any atmosphere themselves. A good few of them were so pi55ed they didn't even get into the game.

One boy i spoke to out in town after the game had to be the most boring man in the world. After boring me with tales of all the flags he had made and all the songs he wrote he then burst into tears because he had lost a flag 2 years before, he was then sick all over the wall of the pub and sent home.

The majority of the guys were either unmarried, pervy 30 somethings or 12-15 year old who just wanted to belong.

They certainly won't be missed by me.

Or Me..http://www.redultras.net/

Brooster
12-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Monza - get a grip son.

BITC - Please continue to post, I enjoy reading your comments.

Chuckie
12-02-2010, 04:31 PM
It clearly states in the Ultras statement that they disbanded in early January, so why is the filthy hun asking about banners at Wednesdays game....?

Either not too bright or fishing...

Either way I hate him..

HibeeDaz6270
12-02-2010, 05:02 PM
It clearly states in the Ultras statement that they disbanded in early January, so why is the filthy hun asking about banners at Wednesdays game....?

Either not too bright or fishing...

Either way I hate him..

Your an idiot.

marinello59
12-02-2010, 05:07 PM

:faf::faf::faf:

hibsboy90
12-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Some of the displays really were quite smart though.

http://www.redultras.net/photos/europe/images/15/aberdeen_v_bayern_munich_2___2_049__small_.jpg

marleyhib
12-02-2010, 05:58 PM
man love

Hibercelona
12-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Cheers for the news BITCH.... err BITC. :devil:

As much as I despise Aberdeen as a club, they have cracking fans.

It's quite sad to see the Red Ultras go.

Atmosphere is few and far between at football matches these days and it just keeps getting duller and duller.

Chuckie
12-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Your an idiot.

Yooor an idyit...

Green Man
12-02-2010, 08:19 PM
Monza - get a grip son.

BITC - Please continue to post, I enjoy reading your comments.

Hear hear.

I enjoy talking football with fans of all teams. I'd like to think we're a tolerant and open minded bunch on here, but the continued reaction to BITC from certain posters on here displays the petty attitude we so often criticise Hearts fans for.

I know there are a lot of unpleasant people among the Rangers support. BITC doesn't appear to be one of them, just a football fan who wants to discuss the game with like minded folk. IMHO he's a welcome addition to the board.

Pretty Boy
13-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Hear hear.

I enjoy talking football with fans of all teams. I'd like to think we're a tolerant and open minded bunch on here, but the continued reaction to BITC from certain posters on here displays the petty attitude we so often criticise Hearts fans for.

I know there are a lot of unpleasant people among the Rangers support. BITC doesn't appear to be one of them, just a football fan who wants to discuss the game with like minded folk. IMHO he's a welcome addition to the board.

:agree:

I'm convinced some of the posters on this board are every bit as bigoted as the people they 'hate'.

BITC is an ok poster, i generally prefer reading what he has too say compared to Jack Regan or quite a few of the Hibs fans on this board TBH.