PDA

View Full Version : NHC Sepp Blatter

jamiehibee
11-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Is is just me or is this guy a total idiot?

http://goal.com/en-gb/news/2557/news/2010/02/11/1786144/fifa-chief-sepp-blatter-chelsea-skipper-john-terry-would-be

Why make a statement like this? Is he just trying to stir things?

I just can't understand the point of saying something like this:grr:

Marty-Hibee
11-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Tool:agree: Along with pointless comments like this, he seems to single handedly (maybe not actually, Platini is trying his best to keep up with him) want to ruin football, making it a non-contact sport, with silly rules thrown in.

The sooner Rodney gets the top job the better:greengrin

Hainan Hibs
11-02-2010, 07:39 PM
I began to think he was a complete tit when he kept making noises about having a British football team for the Olympics.

s.a.m
11-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Kind of ironic that it was an Italian who sacked him from his captaincy.

Jim44
11-02-2010, 07:49 PM
A real tool of a man. His name always reminds me of a poisoned internal organ. :greengrin

snooky
11-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Wet Bladder and most of the FIFA heid yins are just in it for themselves.

Football is rotten to the core.
Hmmm... :hmmm: I may have said that before once or twice or thrice or.....

basehibby
11-02-2010, 08:13 PM
Although I agree with his sentiment that the whole Terry affair affair was a storm in a tabloid teacup which had very little bearing on his ability to skipper his country, I also agree that Blatter is an erse who rarely opens his mouth without sticking his foot in it :asshole:

Mikeystewart
12-02-2010, 12:37 AM
I think some of the things he says may get lost in translation or he just doesn't know how to say it. Also not sure if he means applauded for committing adultary or applauded for being brave enough to still come out and perform with the exception of the Everton game where he seemed to be playing well regardless up until then.

duncs
12-02-2010, 01:52 AM
I think the comment about Platini is harsh, he's genuinely committed to making European football better, though he is going about it in a slightly unorthodox manner (i.e. taking any opportunity to GIRUY to the English), but his proposals for tighter financial restrictions for clubs is spot on.

As for Blatter, I can't remember the name of the journalist who said on but his opinion of Blatter was this: "Sepp Blatter has 49 ideas a day, it's just a shame that 50 of them are terrible" will do for me - he has presided over an organisation that is lack in transparency and probably more corrupt than we'd care to imagine.

PeeJay
12-02-2010, 10:22 AM
I think some of the things he says may get lost in translation or he just doesn't know how to say it. Also not sure if he means applauded for committing adultary or applauded for being brave enough to still come out and perform with the exception of the Everton game where he seemed to be playing well regardless up until then.

Not sure if what he says gets lost in translation, he says similar stupid things in German/Swiss. This is the guy who suggested women's football would be more of a crowd puller if they played in more feminine attire (i.e. shorter shorts!) (Sonntagsblick magazine - 2004):faf:

CropleyWasGod
12-02-2010, 10:39 AM
I happen to think he has a point.

In France, it seems to give politicians an extra edge if they have a mistress. Indeed, it's almost expected of them.

There certainly wouldn't be the sanctimony (*) there has been here.

* oh, I haven't used that word as much as I have over the past couple of weeks... Terry, Sturgeon et al. :greengrin

duncs
12-02-2010, 10:47 AM
I happen to think he has a point.

In France, it seems to give politicians an extra edge if they have a mistress. Indeed, it's almost expected of them.

There certainly wouldn't be the sanctimony (*) there has been here.

* oh, I haven't used that word as much as I have over the past couple of weeks... Terry, Sturgeon et al. :greengrin

I don't really think it does give French politicians an extra edge if they have a mistress because French newspapers don't cover the private lives of politicians because quite rightly, it doesn't affect how they do their job. It may well be knowingly referred to in some articles but it's not celebrated nor is there the faux moral outrage that has engulfed this Terry fiasco either. For example, Jacques Chirac has a daughter with health / mental health problems which aren't made a feel off at all because she is not seen as 'fair game' - can't ever see that happening over here can you? Look at the furore that kicked off when Blair's son Euan got wasted after his exams. Honestly, why the hell should we even know the names of our PM's kids??

Brummie_Hibs
12-02-2010, 10:48 AM
If you want to be put off football then read this:

Foul!: The Secret World of FIFA: Bribes, Vote Rigging and Ticket Scandals by Andrew Jennings

CropleyWasGod
12-02-2010, 10:50 AM
I don't really think it does give French politicians an extra edge if they have a mistress because French newspapers don't cover the private lives of politicians because quite rightly, it doesn't affect how they do their job. It may well be knowingly referred to in some articles but it's not celebrated nor is there the faux moral outrage that has engulfed this Terry fiasco either. For example, Jacques Chirac has a daughter with health / mental health problems which aren't made a feel off at all because she is not seen as 'fair game' - can't ever see that happening over here can you? Look at the furore that kicked off when Blair's son Euan got wasted after his exams. Honestly, why the hell should we even know the names of our PM's kids??

Fair enough, that's probably more accurate of my reading of the French view.

I absolutely agree with the rest of your post, though.

Peevemor
12-02-2010, 10:55 AM
Far from having a mistress, there is a very strong suspicion across here that Platini is gay. He lives in a house owned by Patrick Dupont, a former ballet dancer, though it's unclear whether they live together.

Nothing has ever been made of this in the papers, tabloid or otherwise - quite rightly so IMHO.