PDA

View Full Version : NHC Robbie Keane's finishing last night

Alicky Ranks
11-02-2010, 03:55 PM
It's probably been mentioned on another thread but I just watched the highlights of Celtic 2 (going on 10) Hearts 0. Keane should have had at least a hat-trick and you have to question whether he's worth anything like 65k a week with that standard of finishing. The Hearts keeper saved a few but they were straight at him. I'd certainly be disappointed if Stokes or Riordan failed to put at least a couple of the chances Keane missed away.

Winston Ingram
11-02-2010, 04:21 PM
keane has never been a good finisher. He was appaling last night

Storar
11-02-2010, 05:57 PM
keane has never been a good finisher. He was appaling last night
121 Premiership goals and 41 International goals tells me that he's a pretty decent finisher.

KerPlunk
11-02-2010, 06:01 PM
It's probably been mentioned on another thread but I just watched the highlights of Celtic 2 (going on 10) Hearts 0. Keane should have had at least a hat-trick and you have to question whether he's worth anything like 65k a week with that standard of finishing. The Hearts keeper saved a few but they were straight at him. I'd certainly be disappointed if Stokes or Riordan failed to put at least a couple of the chances Keane missed away.

Aye, but the Blessed Saint Robbie of Keane does a great "Henner n' Kalashnikov" goal celebration which on it's own is worth £25k a week.

HibeeMG
11-02-2010, 06:08 PM
I was at the Dunfermline v Celtic cup game on Sunday with a mate who's a Pars fan. When Keane came on at half-time we feared the worst. His passing and dribbling weren't out of place which is saying something at a First Division ground.

As for his celebration when he scored the penalty... :bitchy:

Winston Ingram
11-02-2010, 06:16 PM
121 Premiership goals and 41 International goals tells me that he's a pretty decent finisher.

He misses far more than he scores.

121 premiership goals in 11 yrs of Premiership football. Thats less than 12 a season and he has been Spurs penalty taker for years. Not that impressive at all

Storar
11-02-2010, 06:48 PM
He misses far more than he scores.

121 premiership goals in 11 yrs of Premiership football. Thats less than 12 a season and he has been Spurs penalty taker for years. Not that impressive at all

On the other hand you could say that he's reached double figures in one of the best leagues around every year for the last 10 years even with competition from players like Defoe, Crouch, Bent, Kanoute, Berbatov, Pavlyuchenko, Sheringham among others.

I would also bet that there isn't a single player out there that scores more goals than they miss.

hibeemikey21
11-02-2010, 07:08 PM
On the other hand you could say that he's reached double figures in one of the best leagues around every year for the last 10 years even with competition from players like Defoe, Crouch, Bent, Kanoute, Berbatov, Pavlyuchenko, Sheringham among others.

I would also bet that there isn't a single player out there that scores more goals than they miss.

Think it was in an issue FourFourTwo recently that Grafite of Wolfburg's chance-conversion ratio was over 50% last season! Think he also scored more goals than games. Simply astounding at any level, let alone a top flight. Think it was about 54%. Defo won't be anything like that for his career, but an interesting fact nonetheless!

Feel free to correct me, but I'm pretty confident about it-it stuck in my head because of how impressive a feat it was

hibeemikey21
11-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Think it was in an issue FourFourTwo recently that Grafite of Wolfburg's chance-conversion ratio was over 50% last season! Think he also scored more goals than games. Simply astounding at any level, let alone a top flight. Think it was about 54%. Defo won't be anything like that for his career, but an interesting fact nonetheless!

Feel free to correct me, but I'm pretty confident about it-it stuck in my head because of how impressive a feat it was

Just found it and it's not as impressive as I first made out, but it's no bad!

Grafite scored 28 goals last season
conversion rate - 42%
Average conversion rate from last season - 12%

'Mon the Hibs
11-02-2010, 07:33 PM
It shows how over inflated the EPL is. THeres is far far far too much money down there being thrown about and that why some clubs are beginning to struggle to keep up.

On the other hand, it shows how poor the SPL really is. We have a player who struggled to get a game in a team that has fluctuated up and down (or around the middle) the table in the last 10 years, and won't be break into the top 4 (or 5) any time soon. And yet he's touted as the best player to ever play in the SPL (just because he's come from EPL and is getting £65,ooo pw)

He was found out at Liverpool :wink:

MWHIBBIES
11-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Just found it and it's not as impressive as I first made out, but it's no bad!

Grafite scored 28 goals last season
conversion rate - 42%
Average conversion rate from last season - 12%That is a realy amazing stat. But it does help the grafite is class.As for keane well he playes for celtic.

nuff said

jacomo
11-02-2010, 07:47 PM
It shows how over inflated the EPL is. THeres is far far far too much money down there being thrown about and that why some clubs are beginning to struggle to keep up.

On the other hand, it shows how poor the SPL really is. We have a player who struggled to get a game in a team that has fluctuated up and down (or around the middle) the table in the last 10 years, and won't be break into the top 4 (or 5) any time soon. And yet he's touted as the best player to ever play in the SPL (just because he's come from EPL and is getting £65,ooo pw)

He was found out at Liverpool :wink:

What it shows is that the quality of the SPL is a little below the EPL - not the chasm that some would suggest, but there's definitely a gap.

Not earth-shattering news, to be honest.

Winston Ingram
11-02-2010, 08:06 PM

You could...but he's been pretty much 1st choice for nearly all of it. I'm not saying he wasn't a bad player, in fact he was a very good player - just not a finisher

Andy74
11-02-2010, 08:12 PM
What is stokes overall spl record now in games played and goals scored. Must rival or beat most.

lapsedhibee
11-02-2010, 08:12 PM

:hmmm: :confused: :dunno: :dizzy:

sleeping giant
11-02-2010, 08:13 PM
:hmmm: :confused: :wink: :dunno:
More than 10
:faf:

HibeeMcGinn1
11-02-2010, 08:21 PM
What is stokes overall spl record now in games played and goals scored. Must rival or beat most.

Scored 13 goals in 21 games in the League.
2 in 2 in both Cups.

Decent record I must say.

also noticed he hasnt came on as a sub this season (pointless fact but i thought id share) :greengrin

Anthony Stokes (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfiles/0,,10290~35642,00.html)

Hibernian Squad (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfileIndex/0,,10290,00.html)

Andy74
11-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Scored 13 goals in 21 games in the League.
2 in 2 in both Cups.

Decent record I must say.

also noticed he hasnt came on as a sub this season (pointless fact but i thought id share) :greengrin

Anthony Stokes (http://http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfiles/0,,10290~35642,00.html)
I was thinking falkirk as well was it 18 in 16?

HibeeMcGinn1
11-02-2010, 08:30 PM
I was thinking falkirk as well was it 18 in 16?

Yip. 14 in 16 in League then 16 in 18 overall.

In Scotland hes scored 30 goals 53 games.

He showed he can score for fun up here but down south hes struggled.
64 games but only 6 goals.

lapsedhibee
11-02-2010, 09:03 PM
More than 10
:faf:

:agree: A member of the set of natural numbers such that 10 < n < 12.