Dearie me :bitchy:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8509746.stm

Hibercelona
10-02-2010, 11:22 PM
They were clearly cheated. :agree:

Have to feel for Motherwell.

Jim44
10-02-2010, 11:24 PM
Shocking decision. Sums up the quality of Scottish referees.

KerPlunk
10-02-2010, 11:25 PM
......or needs his eyes tested.

Shockin'...........

steino1875
10-02-2010, 11:34 PM
poor decision

Leithenhibby
10-02-2010, 11:38 PM
Watch it again, and you will see the linesman put his flag up once he sees it has gone in...:wink:..

Something smell not right..:bitchy:

zlatan
10-02-2010, 11:39 PM
I always laugh off OF fans and their conspiracy claims but something seriously stinks about that decision.

Linesman is clearly an Accies man :greengrin

madabouthibs
10-02-2010, 11:46 PM
The linesman didn't flag the initial shot, he flagged for the guy touching it in at the near post.
Still the wrong decision though, he must have been twitching at the Foran shot.......

Billychaotic182
11-02-2010, 12:15 AM
now thats a bad one! Why are the Refs so bad the last few years?

snooky
11-02-2010, 12:25 AM
A "mistake" of Andy Davis proportions.
Decisions like these make me boak.
Yet another typical 'wrong call for the right team' was there for all to see tonight.
What's being done about it? What will be done about it?
SFA :grr:

Removed
11-02-2010, 12:27 AM
Watch it again, and you will see the linesman put his flag up once he sees it has gone in...:wink:..

Something smell not right..:bitchy:

:agree:

I couldn't believe that. Both players clearly onside yet on the call of 1 person the goal can be chalked off. Cheated Motherwell out of 2 points in the end.

Total disgrace. Incompetent is the only word to describe it.

Saorsa
11-02-2010, 12:30 AM
Terrible. :bitchy:

A mistake? :hmmm: I doubt that flag would have gone up had that happened at the other end :bitchy:

NaeTechnoHibby
11-02-2010, 12:38 AM
In other words "Dinnae go to 'Specsaviours* '" then :bitchy:

*:greengrin

snooky
11-02-2010, 12:45 AM

I couldn't believe that. Both players clearly onside yet on the call of 1 person the goal can be chalked off. Cheated Motherwell out of 2 points in the end.

Total disgrace. Incompetent is the only word to describe it.

Incompetent isn't 'the only word'. You used a more appropriate one earlier.

Removed
11-02-2010, 12:49 AM
Incompetent isn't 'the only word'. You used a more appropriate one earlier.

He looked like a cheating hun bassa as well

FitbaFolkKen
11-02-2010, 12:58 AM
Had an everton motherwell double on, had that counted.......:grr::grr:

anon1
11-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Hurrendous. Still cant get my head around the decision. Poor Poor Poor

ahibby
11-02-2010, 11:36 AM
I doubt whether it was as easy to tell with out the benefit of tv slow motion. However I have seen remarkable on side decisions being given remarkable because to the human eye it wasn't easy to tell, such as the Galbraith goal at Celtic Park. If that was clearly seen as being on side by the assistant then so should Motherwell's goal. It must be a different assistant and one which is not as good as the one we had at Celtic Park. Who assigns officials to games?

Biggie
11-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Yeah it was a rank rotten decision, but wtf was the guy doing kicking it in on the goal line ?.....If I'd struck the shot I'd have been raging at someone nicking my goal....unbelievably the well players seemed fairly philosophical after the game and shrugged it off as one of those things...

Greenway
11-02-2010, 12:13 PM
]I doubt whether it was as easy to tell with out the benefit of tv slow motion.[/B] However I have seen remarkable on side decisions being given remarkable because to the human eye it wasn't easy to tell, such as the Galbraith goal at Celtic Park. If that was clearly seen as being on side by the assistant then so should Motherwell's goal. It must be a different assistant and one which is not as good as the one we had at Celtic Park. Who assigns officials to games?

That's the point, if you're not sure you must allow the goal to stand. You can't rule it out if you're not 100% convince a player was offside.

In this particular case he had a clear view of the situation yet somehow called it completely wrong. Decisions like this are an embarressment to the SPL and costs clubs money. In this case Motherwell, Rangers and Celtic might all have their season changed by this ridiculous decision.

Sunny1875
11-02-2010, 02:18 PM
One of the worst calls ever seen from an assistant ref. The man concerned should be reduced to officiating schoolboy football, but then perhaps it was not such a bad decision , after all it did let the huns off the hook :grr:

TonyStokeprano
11-02-2010, 02:45 PM
What a terrible terrible decision by the linesman to disallow that goal :confused::confused::confused: . that is all.

TheMentalHibees
11-02-2010, 02:57 PM
I ****ing hate scottish referees. Although I hate the SFA just as much for not acting on these ****ty performances and decisions.

GloryGlory
11-02-2010, 03:13 PM
If it's not already been mentioned, he'll be fast-tracked to the Gers-Hibs game this weekend! :agree:

Big Frank
11-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Damn you Rangers:grr:

A vital decision in your favour.

Thank god it doesn't happen often.:agree:

:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

Hainan Hibs
11-02-2010, 03:18 PM
All the huns accept it's a goal until one of the trumpets catches sight of the linesman with his arm up and starts flapping about his arm as well as if he had thought it was offside all along.

I despise that team and just about every incompetent official in this country:grr:

TornadoHibby
11-02-2010, 03:21 PM
......or needs his eyes tested.

Shockin'...........

If you watch him carefully running down the line, you'll see that he has the same kind of "Shetland show pony" prancing "running" style that Craig Thomson exhibits when he breaks out of a walk! :wink: :faf:

Wonder if they learn that from Hugh Dallas as he had it too IIRC! :cool2: :greengrin

Hibee-Rocker
11-02-2010, 03:23 PM
Make of this whatever you like, but a guy who comes into my work everyday say's he know's the linesman in question..... What team do you think he follow follow's

Sylar
11-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Poor call, but one which benefits us, ergo, "meh" is about all I can muster at this point.

H18sry
11-02-2010, 03:30 PM
Clearly onside :devil:

MWHIBBIES
11-02-2010, 03:33 PM
They said on ssn it was ruled out for push.

Did anyone see a push because i didnt.

Www1875hfc
11-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Had an everton motherwell double on, had that counted.......:grr::grr:

Totaly gutted as that wee baldy incompetent weegie linesman done me for £1575.00.

Arsenal @ evens
West Ham @ 5/4
Everton @ 4/1
Motherwell @ 6/1 £10 bet..:grr::grr:

Just wait till he runs the line in front of the east stand..ah'll get ye ya wee b@ss@..:agree:

Rory89
11-02-2010, 03:54 PM
If the BBC moved the word "should" in between "Rangers" and "have" and gotten rid of the question mark it would've been a fairer name for that video.

"Should Motherwell's goal against Rangers have stood"? Hmm, tricky one BBC I'm not sure.

Leithenhibby
11-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Just watched this again, and I can't believe that NOT one Hun claimed for offside until the flag goes up....WTF is that linesman on...

iwasthere1972
11-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Dearie me :bitchy:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8509746.stm

Look on the bright side. It keeps Motherwell 9 points behind us and we're not competing with the Huns for 1st place.

Earl o'Montrose
11-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Just watched this again, and I can't believe that NOT one Hun claimed for offside until the flag goes up....WTF is that linesman on...

I'm sick of seeing this type of thing time and again, usually to the benefit of the OF :bitchy:. I've just come back from America and while I was there the Superbowl was played.
Hear me out on this one.
During the game, the New Orleans Saints were denied a crucial 2 point play at a vital stage, despite the play looking good. American football teams are allowed to challenge a referee's decision (twice, I think) in any game. The Saints challenged this call, a video panel studied the replay and correctly overturned the original decision.
I've shied way from video replays for a long time, but now I've reached the conclusion that it's now imperative that we introduce them here. It should hopefully eradicate these god awful decisions we see in the SPL, and deny the OF the advantage they consistently get.

snooky
11-02-2010, 07:14 PM
I'm sick of seeing this type of thing time and again, usually to the benefit of the OF :bitchy:. I've just come back from America and while I was there the Superbowl was played.
Hear me out on this one.
During the game, the New Orleans Saints were denied a crucial 2 point play at a vital stage, despite the play looking good. American football teams are allowed to challenge a referee's decision (twice, I think) in any game. The Saints challenged this call, a video panel studied the replay and correctly overturned the original decision.
I've shied way from video replays for a long time, but now I've reached the conclusion that it's now imperative that we introduce them here. It should hopefully eradicate these god awful decisions we see in the SPL, and deny the OF the advantage they consistently get.

Aye ... okay... but ... what if the video panel is made up with apron wearers?

Double jeopardy methinks :grr:

Dashing Bob S
11-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Damn you Rangers:grr:

A vital decision in your favour.

Thank god it doesn't happen often.:agree:

:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

Well said, Frank. These things happen and the decisions tend to even themselves out over the course of the season. Fat:fibber:Jeff

Leithenhibby
11-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Hear me out on this one.

And for that very reason the SFA will shy away at every opportunity to implement this..:grr:

bornahibby
12-02-2010, 07:10 AM
I can sympathise with a lot of bad decisions in the game. I would not be a ref or linesmaneven for anything, even if you promised me a run at Megan Fox and Scarlett Johansen together straight after the game...well on second thoughts...

Anyway what I mean is that it is easy to make mistakes when things are going at a hundred mile an hour all around you and you don't have eyes on the back of your head.

But in this case the linesman didn't flag till the boy at the back post touched it - so he is saying it was him and not Craigan who was offside. He was right in line, had the edge of the six yard to aid him and so there is no way he could not have seen that the boy was behind the passer when the ball was played.

This leaves two options: either the linesman doesn't know the most basic rules of the game, or he is a cheat. I opt for the latter because, shock horror, again it happened against rankgers.