PDA

View Full Version : Chris Hogg, model pro

Hakim Sar
11-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Saw oor captain at the gym this morning looking a bit tired but going through a work out. He looked very lean and fit. Just quietly kept himself to himself.

If it's his day off I like to see him getting prepared for hunpox this weekend. Yogi has mentioned that he is a good trainer and that's one of the reasons he's captain

Sean1875
11-02-2010, 03:45 PM
is there no a gym at east mains?

TornadoHibby
11-02-2010, 04:08 PM
is there no a gym at east mains?

Aye but on a day off, I imagine he's gone to Next Generation at Newhaven (Jumbos use David Lloyd at Glasgow Road) as its closer to his house than East Mains! :dunno: :hmmm: :wink:

col02
11-02-2010, 04:10 PM
Hogg is a good pro and a good captain imho and someone I am glad to have in our Hibs team.

Jim44
11-02-2010, 04:11 PM
I must admit that early in the season I expressed strong reservations about Hogg in terms of both being in the team and the captaincy. Got to admit that he is proving me wrong.

Sean1875
11-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Aye but on a day off, I imagine he's gone to Next Generation at Newhaven (Jumbos use David Lloyd at Glasgow Road) as its closer to his house than East Mains! :dunno: :hmmm: :wink:
ahh my bad, didnt realise hed be on a day off :agree:

Hakim Sar
11-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Virgin active fountainpark.

Jonnyboy
11-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Saw oor captain at the gym this morning looking a bit tired but going through a work out. He looked very lean and fit. Just quietly kept himself to himself.

If it's his day off I like to see him getting prepared for hunpox this weekend. Yogi has mentioned that he is a good trainer and that's one of the reasons he's captain

Good one Hoggy :greengrin

See yer next day off though, gonnae nip doon tae East Mains and practice yer passing :wink:

Ed De Gramo
11-02-2010, 10:15 PM
Good one Hoggy :greengrin

See yer next day off though, gonnae nip doon tae East Mains and practice yer passing :wink:

I think he plays better with Hanlon...:wink:

Silver Fox
11-02-2010, 10:24 PM
I rate him, always have, I know he's far from perfection but we've had to cut our cloth accordingly, every manager has played him and he has done ok generally against most SPL sides, imo. :cool2:

Kevvy1875
11-02-2010, 10:55 PM
Lets not forget that Chris Hogg is now a seasoned Pro at the tender age of 24. His best years are ahead of him for sure and every season he will get better for sure as he has done since coming to ER. Captain for England schoolboys....you dont achieve that with no promise. His distribution is not the best, not the worst I have ever seen either. He has the most solid tackle in our team alongside Murray and McCann(when fit)...when they tackle you stay tackled.

Chris Hogg isnt one of our most glamourous players but he is one of my personal favourites due to his attitude(as pointed out by the OP).

Some folk have questioned his ability etc, and he was dropped earlier in the season(done him the world of good IMO). For me he has bounced back with absolutley the correct attitude and been solid since then.

One thing he needs to add to his game is goals. I dont expect loads but 1 in 150 odd appearance's for Hibs is not great.

As it stands though, Hogg must be doing something right. Captain for 2/3rd of a season with a win points ratio most teams would gladly bite the hand off for. Well done Captain, more of the same please and a goal would be nice:greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-02-2010, 11:01 PM
Interesting that the Glasgow weegia tried to make an issue if the fact that Hogg is Hibs captain and Yogi dropped him, but have hardly gone to town on the fact that Stephen McManus is the Celtic club captain and they have punted him to another team altogether. No even good enough to sell programmes, no cordinated enough to draw the half time sweepie and certainly nowhere near aggressive enough to be a steward.:no way:

bornahibby
12-02-2010, 07:00 AM
I think Hogg is our best defender. Every game he plays alongside Wotherspoon, who is a terrific player but inexperienced at that position. He now looks a solid right back now despite it not being his natural position and that is in no small part due to the knowledge he can get forward and Hoggy (as well as McBride) will cover. Also he plays CH alongside Bamba most games , again a fantastic player but one who does tend to be a bit rash and take risks at times.

My point is that Hogg holds one of the best defenses in the league together. He does a lot of covering and leads by quiet example in every game. If he picks up an injury watch out for our defence losing a lot of cohesion and with it a lot more goals.

He did make a few mistakes at the start of the season and a few of these shipped goals but it is the first time in so many years in the firt team that I can remember him not being 100% consistent.