PDA

View Full Version : Singing Songs About The Yams When We Aren't Even Playing Them

MountcastleHibs
11-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Anyone else finding it a little tedious that we are continuously singing about Jumbo and Nade when we aren't even playing the yams?

Can we not sing songs about our own team and try and inspire them and leave these songs until the derby...

HibbyAndy
11-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Another thread about Hearts.

:wink:

MountcastleHibs
11-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Another thread about Hearts.

:wink:

I'm sorry it was getting on my nerves right through last night's game. As much as I find the nade song brilliant and I will sing along to the Jefferies song, I just feel there is no need to sing it at a match where we aren't playing them.

Mikey
11-02-2010, 11:13 AM
Anyone else finding it a little tedious that we are continuously singing about Jumbo and Nade when we aren't even playing the yams?

Can we not sing songs about our own team and try and inspire them and leave these songs until the derby...

I didn't think it was "continuous". Those songs were there, but there were others too.

CorrieHibs
11-02-2010, 11:16 AM
I'm bored of the Hearts songs when we palying other teams. Good when we're playing them. Surely ther eis other songs we could sing. We're beginning to sound obsessed about them.

HibbyAndy
11-02-2010, 11:17 AM
I'm bored of the Hearts songs when we palying other teams. Good when we're playing them. Surely ther eis other songs we could sing. We're beginning to sound obsessed about them.

I am obsessed about them tho, Im loving the fact they are shight and we are not.

:notworthy:

Tinyclothes
11-02-2010, 11:18 AM

At least we're singing.

Hank Schrader
11-02-2010, 11:22 AM
At least we're singing.

:top marks

Heart of Midlothian FC....being a bunch of arrogant, self endorsing, egotistical and delusional plums, they deserve to be mocked at every opportunity.

I see no problem with singing about them when we are not playing them.

Sergy Pie
11-02-2010, 11:22 AM
Most of the songs coincided with Hearts going behind at Celtic Park so there was a reason so to speak.

Bad Martini
11-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Moreover, more ant-rangers songs would go down just as well as these hearts songs and whilst at it, anti-celtc songs anaw :devil: :faf:

linlithgowhibbie
11-02-2010, 11:30 AM
suppose we shouldn't sing about hating Glasgow Rangers, Celtic Too,,,

I believe any song within reason is welcome, don't like it, don't join in:hnet:

MountcastleHibs
11-02-2010, 12:04 PM
suppose we shouldn't sing about hating Glasgow Rangers, Celtic Too,,,

I believe any song within reason is welcome, don't like it, don't join in:hnet:

Not at all. That song actually mentions Hibs in it. The two Hearts ones sung have no relevance when we are not playing them.

The_Todd
11-02-2010, 12:05 PM
I'm sure you'll find world over fans sing about their rivals whether playing them or not, it's not confined to Hibs fans.

It's good to have a good ole sing-song, and if it cranks the volume up at ER then why not?

MountcastleHibs
11-02-2010, 12:11 PM
I'm sure you'll find world over fans sing about their rivals whether playing them or not, it's not confined to Hibs fans.

It's good to have a good ole sing-song, and if it cranks the volume up at ER then why not?

I do agree slightly. But it's getting produced three or four times at every home game. It's just becoming a bit tedious and makes me cringe.

I just hope it doesn't come back to bite us.

BEEJ
11-02-2010, 12:15 PM

:agree: It suggests an unhealthy infatuation in the Yams and a relative lack of interest in what our team is doing on the pitch.

Ask the question: Will songs about 'them' encourage our players to step up a gear and inspire them to victory? No!

Riordans Boots
11-02-2010, 12:48 PM
Am I right in thinking then, that when a hearts chant (Ten men couldny carry Nade as an example) - that someone is getting the scores on their phone and hearts are either down or someone sent off :confused:

Sounds like this to me as it's too coincidental going by the last few games - but I may be wrong.

East Stand was bouncing and in great voice ... well done to you all for making the rest join in :notworthy:

MountcastleHibs
11-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Am I right in thinking then, that when a hearts chant (Ten men couldny carry Nade as an example) - that someone is getting the scores on their phone and hearts are either down or someone sent off :confused:

Sounds like this to me as it's too coincidental going by the last few games - but I may be wrong.

East Stand was bouncing and in great voice ... well done to you all for makiing the rest join in :notworthy:

This may well be the case, but at the same time we should've been concentrating on our own teams fortunes rather than worrying what the so called big team were up to.

That doesn't explain a Jefferies song being sung as soon as the game kicked off last night either :confused:

Dashing Bob S
11-02-2010, 01:11 PM
I am obsessed about them tho, Im loving the fact they are shight and we are not.

:notworthy:

Quite right too. The golden rules when dealing with Jambos.

1. When we are in the ascendancy, totally obsesses. (Patronise, sneer, humiliate, wind-up etc.)

2. When they are in the ascendancy, completely ignore. (Don't even acknowledge their existence on this planet.)

Riordans Boots
11-02-2010, 01:17 PM
This may well be the case, but at the same time we should've been concentrating on our own teams fortunes rather than worrying what the so called big team were up to.

That doesn't explain a Jefferies song being sung as soon as the game kicked off last night either :confused:

That's cause the Smellies scored :agree:

EH54
11-02-2010, 01:30 PM
]I do agree slightly. But it's getting produced three or four times at every home game[/B]. It's just becoming a bit tedious and makes me cringe.

I just hope it doesn't come back to bite us.

Really? I herd two chants the nade one and Cheer up Jim Jefferies both only once,

MountcastleHibs
11-02-2010, 02:07 PM
That's cause the Smellies scored :agree:

Not as soon as the first half kicked off.

We obviously all have different opinions. I find it boring and a bit tedious when we should be cheering our own team onto victory, when at that point we were also getting beaten like the yams. I respect the others opinions on the matter though. Not gonna shoot you down for it.

Riordans Boots
11-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Not as soon as the first half kicked off.

We obviously all have different opinions. I find it boring and a bit tedious when we should be cheering our own team onto victory, when at that point we were also getting beaten like the yams. I respect the others opinions on the matter though. Not gonna shoot you down for it.

That's when Smeltic scoard - in the frist minute or so :agree:

I hear what your saying MH and agree with you - but I actually think it's quite funny when they do this :devil:

MoantheCabbage
11-02-2010, 02:20 PM
The Nade song was first introduced at the Blackburn Rovers game in pre-season, should it all have waited until the derby?

Fans all over the world sing about their rivals regardless if playing them or not. Some fans on here would like to see ER as a church im sure.

I want to get involved with as much singing as possible to raise the atmosphere at matches not golf clap and have a jolly good time with mother and father what what.

TheMentalHibees
11-02-2010, 02:53 PM
IMO, the Jeffries song is much better when he's there to hear it. I enjoy singing it more then. Same with the Nade song. They're both cracking chants, but if we sing them at every game, they'll lose their significance.

MountcastleHibs
11-02-2010, 02:54 PM
The Nade song was first introduced at the Blackburn Rovers game in pre-season, should it all have waited until the derby?

Fans all over the world sing about their rivals regardless if playing them or not. Some fans on here would like to see ER as a church im sure.

I want to get involved with as much singing as possible to raise the atmosphere at matches not golf clap and have a jolly good time with mother and father what what.

Couldn't agree with you any more but there has to be a better way to create atmosphere than singing about Hearts in every match we play.

How about a few of the traditional songs more often:

'Ooh to, ooh to be'
'We are Hibernian Fc'
'Berty Mee said to Bill Shankly'
'We hate Glasgow Rangers'
'Hib-er-nian'
'Hail, Hail'
'Angels high above'

All are songs that have more relevance to Hibs than singing songs about Hearts. I want atmosphere at ET just as much as anyone and I think songs about OUR club can have more of an impact and are more meaningful. I would say with most certainty that more fans will sing those songs than they will songs that should be sung when we're against the yams. We might just create atmosphere then.

I'm not denying we can be diverse in our signing but let's make it appropriate and relevant.

Hibbie_Cameron
11-02-2010, 03:19 PM
The only thing that annoyed me last night was people cheering that United and Rangers were losing at half time, despite the fact we were losing 2-0 and playing poorly