PDA

View Full Version : Lexo Miller's stats

Speedway
11-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Can it be right what I've just researched?

Lexo's 10 miserable (SKOL Cup and Tennents Sixes aside) years were actually a Mowbray-esque 'win more than we lose' scenario?

In 170 games that he oversaw, he recorded 72 wins, 52 defeats and 46 draws!!

In you'd have asked me to give his stats and told me he'd been in charge for 170 matches, I would have guessed at won 5, drawn 90 and lost the rest.

Whilst being no Ned Turnbull, he was actually one of our most successful managers of all time. Funny what time does to the memory isn't it?

Part/Time Supporter
11-02-2010, 10:53 AM
That can't be right. He was Hibs manager for 10 years, must have been in charge for ~400 games.

I think you've taken 170 games from soccerbase (http://www.soccerbase.com/managers2.sd?managerid=1356), which doesn't have full results before the early 1990s.

Mag7
11-02-2010, 11:07 AM
It's often overlooked that Miller actually put together three decent sides during his time at Hibs. The 88/89 Archibald-inspired side had some excellent players including Collins and Goram; The 91/92 Skol Cup side was one that will always be regarded fondly, while the circa 93-95 side played a lot of good football and contradicted the perception of Miller as a boring, defensive manager. No team with front line of Jackson, Wright, O'Neill and McAllister could be accused of being defensive.

IWasThere2016
11-02-2010, 11:08 AM
Can it be right what I've just researched?

Lexo's 10 miserable (SKOL Cup and Tennents Sixes aside) years were actually a Mowbray-esque 'win more than we lose' scenario?

In 170 games that he oversaw, he recorded 72 wins, 52 defeats and 46 draws!!

In you'd have asked me to give his stats and told me he'd been in charge for 170 matches, I would have guessed at won 5, drawn 90 and lost the rest.

Whilst being no Ned Turnbull, he was actually one of our most successful managers of all time. Funny what time does to the memory isn't it?

Haver! :wink:

Purple & Green
11-02-2010, 11:13 AM
Played 453 - 158 wins, 140 draws, 155 defeats.

it just seemed like so much more draws and defeats.

Speedway
11-02-2010, 11:14 AM
That can't be right. He was Hibs manager for 10 years, must have been in charge for ~400 games.

I think you've taken 170 games from soccerbase (http://www.soccerbase.com/managers2.sd?managerid=1356), which doesn't have full results before the early 1990s.

I have. Anyone got the full set of stats?

Speedway
11-02-2010, 11:15 AM
P 453 w 158 d 140 l 145

Much more like it, thanks P&G.

Still won more than he lost though, which still surprises me.

Part/Time Supporter
11-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Much more like it, thanks P&G.

Still won more than he lost though, which still surprises me.

There was only really one season where Hibs looked like getting relegated under him, and that was the year they stopped relegation anyway to go back to a 12 team top division (90/91?). There were (as Mag7 pointed out) 3-4 good "winning" seasons and 4-5 below average ("Mixu") seasons. Then he was binned before things really fell apart.

ie there weren't enough truly awful, threatening relegation type seasons to overbalance the few good seasons.

davemcbain
11-02-2010, 11:25 AM

Even the wins felt like draws with Mogadon Millers tactics.

Long balls to Mickey Weir anyone?

Franck is God
11-02-2010, 11:28 AM
I hated Alex Miller, he actually did have some very good players at ER in his time and he put together (and dismantled) three good teams, can't even blame the Infirm for that.

Never forgave him for selling Kano and Mickey or turning Tortolano from a promising winger to a poor left back, signing his own sons on long term contracts and countless other things that just make me upset if I think about it too much.

I will give him credit for winning the first trophy that I was alive to see and for sticking by the club when we almost went bust but for me he outstayed his welcome by about five years.

And don't even get me started about his record against Hearts, for me that alone would have been a sackable offence!

Speedway
11-02-2010, 11:36 AM
Even the wins felt like draws with Mogadon Millers tactics.

Long balls to Mickey Weir anyone?

It was grim, really grim.

I remember the opening game of the Cup Winning season where we cuffed a Davie Hay led St. Mirren 4-1. I couldn't believe it was a Miller side, it was all attacking and short passes and quick movement and limb co-ordination. It was also my Dad's last game at ER.

That game was also notable for the prolonged Main Stand chant of 'There's only one Tom Farmer'. Curiously, despite it's prolonged singing, the East never joined in.

stubru59
11-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Who cares about the stats. In ten years you have to get something right.

Miller had a number of problems. One, he was there too long. Two, he had an abysmal derby record. Three, he thought not losing goals was more important than out-scoring the opposition.

Four, his after match comments bore no reflection to what had gone on. Five when playing the OF, he treated it in the way of a man about to go to the scaffold.

And six, he thought Brian Hamilton was a footballer. Nuff said.

BryanV
11-02-2010, 11:40 AM
I hated Alex Miller, he actually did have some very good players at ER in his time and he put together (and dismantled) three good teams, can't even blame the Infirm for that.

Never forgave him for selling Kano and Mickey or turning Tortolano from a promising winger to a poor left back, signing his own sons on long term contracts and countless other things that just make me upset if I think about it too much.

I will give him credit for winning the first trophy that I was alive to see and for sticking by the club when we almost went bust but for me he outstayed his welcome by about five years.

And don't even get me started about his record against Hearts, for me that alone would have been a sackable offence!

Have some perspective. Before Miller Hibs were perennial relegation candidates, he got us into Europe and won us a cup. Never forgave him for 'ruining' Tortolano, really?

cockneymike
11-02-2010, 11:42 AM
It was grim, really grim.

I remember the opening game of the Cup Winning season where we cuffed a Davie Hay led St. Mirren 4-1. I couldn't believe it was a Miller side, it was all attacking and short passes and quick movement and limb co-ordination. It was also my Dad's last game at ER.

That game was also notable for the prolonged Main Stand chant of 'There's only one Tom Farmer'. Curiously, despite it's prolonged singing, the East never joined in.

After that game, apparently (and this story may have grown arms, legs and a new head since it was first told) Farmer was on the phone to Dougie Cromb (who i think was the then chairman) about 5pm after the game, wanting to know exact details of attendence - walk up and seasons - pies, bovrils, programmes etc sold broken down stand by stand; but was barely interested in the score. And so it all began.....

IWasThere2016
11-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Have some perspective. Before Miller Hibs were perennial relegation candidates, he got us into Europe and won us a cup. Never forgave him for 'ruining' Tortolano, really?

Something few have achieved since .. and even some say JC didn't as it wasnt his team.

Sure there were some real lows but we also had Keith, Jackson, Crunchie, Michael O'Neill, McGinlay and we regularly battered sides with them .. I seem to recall back to back humpings of Jags and Pars along lines of 5-0/5-1

HIBERNIAN-0762
11-02-2010, 12:52 PM

This is a true story.

Many years ago when Goram was the goalie, my mates and I headed to Bonnyrigg Rose football clubrooms to watch an english game live as it was on Border TV which they had, Goram, who was on his own playing pool told us that in training he had never seen a more accurate striker of the ball than Torto, he also told us when he practised free kicks he (Goram) couldn't get near them, but once Torto was stripped and ready to go on to the pitch his bottle crashed big time, he simply couldn't handle the flak he was getting from the supporters.

davemcbain
11-02-2010, 01:18 PM

Before Miller Hibs may have been perennial relegation candidates, but they played attacking football with flair.

Miller made the Rev I.M. Jolly seem positively upbeat.

If you took the worst of Mark McGee, Jim Jeffries and Blobby Williamson mixed them all together into a congealed lump of misery and then moulded that into a human shaped ball of negativity it would still sparkle when stood next to the maestro of misery.

I'll happily admit he had some great players and had a good eye for talent - but what he did with that talent will forever in my eyes mark him as the most midlothian of all Hibs managers ever.

jgl07
11-02-2010, 01:24 PM
There was only really one season where Hibs looked like getting relegated under him, and that was the year they stopped relegation anyway to go back to a 12 team top division (90/91?). There were (as Mag7 pointed out) 3-4 good "winning" seasons and 4-5 below average ("Mixu") seasons. Then he was binned before things really fell apart.

ie there weren't enough truly awful, threatening relegation type seasons to overbalance the few good seasons.
Mixu achieved two top-six finishes for Hibs.

There were not that many for Miller. He did this three years running from 1993-4 to 1995-6. Other than that Hibs finished in the bottom half more often than not.

Miller did build some teams with good attacking players but the emphasis was very much on defence. I seem to recall a lot of 0-0 draws, sometime three or four in a row. That certainly cost Hibs second place in 1994-5.

Had Miller not been sacked Hibs would not have been relegated but would have been less interesting to watch.

Hakim Sar
11-02-2010, 02:53 PM
I have to laugh at the comment that we might have been perennial relegation candidates but we did it with attacking flair.

Haha aye cos that's what all crave. utterly embarassing when some hibbies come oot with this guff.

hibbie02
11-02-2010, 03:04 PM

I prefer to see it as Won 158, Didnae Win 295. A better balance.

I was a miserable negative git. :agree:

davemcbain
11-02-2010, 03:14 PM
I have to laugh at the comment that we might have been perennial relegation candidates but we did it with attacking flair.
Haha aye cos that's what all crave. utterly embarassing when some hibbies come oot with this guff.

So you support Hibs because of the trophies they pick up every year??

jakedance
11-02-2010, 03:23 PM

Totally. I've never walked away from a defeat and been glowing with praise for the "flair".

It's like the insane justification of Mowbrays tactics in the Premiership. "he has his footballing philosophy and he's sticking to it". Brilliant but it's getting West Brom humped every week and relegated. I'd rather support Stoke.

I think Miller should be credited with steadying the good ship Hibernian after the Mercer incident. Maybe history can credit his reign with helping us get to where we are now (which isn't miles better but certainly miles healthier).

My memories are maybe coloured by the fantastic team with Jackson, Crunchie, Harper, O'Neill et al. Ultimately there are many things I can forgive but Miller's derby record was shocking and he should have gone earlier.

Phil D. Rolls
11-02-2010, 03:31 PM
After that game, apparently (and this story may have grown arms, legs and a new head since it was first told) Farmer was on the phone to Dougie Cromb (who i think was the then chairman) about 5pm after the game, wanting to know exact details of attendence - walk up and seasons - pies, bovrils, programmes etc sold broken down stand by stand; but was barely interested in the score. And so it all began.....

Must have been a long phone call!:greengrin

Another story from the time - which has been denied - was the one about David Murray and STF in the boardroom before a game.

"Well what do you think the score will be", Murray might have asked his Hibs counterpart.

"I don't really care", Sir Tom didn't say, "I'm going for a haircut".

The Farmer years have been good for Hibs, and maybe the involvement of someone with no football interest, who isn't doing it for his ego, has meant that a detached, dry eyed approach to decision making has prevailed.

Fans always say they want a proper businessman to run their club. We have one, and I think it's a lot better than the "messiahs" that have arrived to rebuild big clubs, and then leave with the sh*t piled twice as high as it was before they arrived.

Where's my forelock?

IWasThere2016
11-02-2010, 03:36 PM
I prefer to see it as Won 158, Didnae Win 295. A better balance.

I was a miserable negative git. :agree:

You any happier now 02? :greengrin

Hibs On Tour
11-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Decent record but soul-destroying stuff he served up in the main.

FFS picture a kid who got that turned off watching football by endless, mind-numbing nil-nil draws against the giants of Hamilton, Thistle, et al that he gave up watching for a couple of years then preferred rolling around the streets with opposition fans to having to suffer that pish again...

AM had a lot to answer for :wink:

Kato
11-02-2010, 04:49 PM
158 wins, 140 draws, 155 defeats..

Lexo's favourite result.

Whatever stats anyone comes up with, and while it's true that in patches Hibs played some decent football under him, he was a boring manager.

Phil D. Rolls
11-02-2010, 05:00 PM

FFS picture a kid who got that turned off watching football by endless, mind-numbing nil-nil draws against the giants of Hamilton, Thistle, et al that he gave up watching for a couple of years then preferred rolling around the streets with opposition fans to having to suffer that pish again...

I think what has to be emphasised is Hibs were very sh*t in the 80s. I was at school with a guy who played for them, he told me years later than when he was transferred to Dundee(!!!) they were a much better organised club.

I think Miller did a sterling job with the resources, improving the team year on year. The football was dire, but it makes more sense to compare Hibs to the likes of Falkirk or Hamilton now, than to how we are now. We were fighting for survival.

Miller could also have walked in the aftermath of the FTB debacle as well, but didn't. I think the team he put out with Jackson, O'Neill et al. played very good football. As did the team that stuffed Videoton.

There are a few who can never admit they got it wrong with Miller. You just have to look at what happened when he left - relegated within two years.

Granted, he could have done more to endear himself to the fans (especially appreciating that the Edinburgh Derby isn't just another game). Miller was a football man through and through, and IMO his downfall was that he was too pragmatic.

basehibby
11-02-2010, 07:31 PM
This is a true story.

Many years ago when Goram was the goalie, my mates and I headed to Bonnyrigg Rose football clubrooms to watch an english game live as it was on Border TV which they had, Goram, who was on his own playing pool told us that in training he had never seen a more accurate striker of the ball than Torto, he also told us when he practised free kicks he (Goram) couldn't get near them, but once Torto was stripped and ready to go on to the pitch his bottle crashed big time, he simply couldn't handle the flak he was getting from the supporters.

:agree: I remember this clearly as it used to make me grate my teeth - Torto, while not the complete player, had a brilliant left peg and one season I remember just about every Hibs goal I witnessed came courtessy of a pin point torto cross - but still his faithless army of booboys would give him total pelters at the slightest excuse and you could just see him crumple inside - he'd then start trying too hard and end up doing something daft.
Some things never change eh?!? :yawn:

Big Frank
11-02-2010, 08:04 PM
I fell in love wi the cabbage in the 80s. Warts n all. Terrace. Nae ****in music between goals. Nae goal sponsored by nae canute. Nae one getting offended by fitba' chants. Our slope. 17 games without a derby win. 22 games without a derby win. Was at them all. Scew you mercenary, we're still here. Stronger.
The green jerseys. Nothing comes close to that jersey.

God Bless the cabbage.

07hibee
11-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Correct me if im wrong ,but werent we 3rd in the league when we got Miller sacked?

Hibs On Tour
11-02-2010, 08:41 PM
I fell in love wi the cabbage in the 80s. Warts n all. Terrace. Nae ****in music between goals. Nae goal sponsored by nae canute. Nae one getting offended by fitba' chants. Our slope. 17 games without a derby win. 22 games without a derby win. Was at them all. Scew you mercenary, we're still here. Stronger.
The green jerseys. Nothing comes close to that jersey.

God Bless the cabbage.

What he said but wi a big fat tear in ma eye! :agree: Think that was the thing wi Miller. So many people joined the Hibees Family back then - and he never seemed bothered. Na one gave a flying **** that he was a hun, they gave a **** that he just never seemed bothered...

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-02-2010, 09:19 PM

Compared to Bertie Auld, Alex Miller's team were almost like the Dutch total football. Whilst a lot of his football was dire, no manager since, for me anyway, has conjured up a performance like Anderlecht away, and no one has even come close, to matching Videoton away which is the finest performance I have ever seen from a Hibs team

Kato
11-02-2010, 10:47 PM
This is a true story.

I really liked Joe and it's true some fans were pretty poorly behaved toward him.

He had a decent number of under 21 caps, was still the best crosser of the ball at the club the season he left and never turned up just to make up the numbers.

His first couple of seasons he was a stand out on the left wing. Cue Miller telling him he's a left back and that his "zone" doesn't allow him to go over the half-way line (which is something said fans gave him pelters for).

Sums up Miller imho, percentage-football leads to draw after draw. Boring.

IberianHibernian
11-02-2010, 11:13 PM
I`ve been watching Hibs since 1967 and consider Miller`s appointment probably the worst decision our club`s board have taken since then . I still remember the match programme notes from HFC President Kenny Waugh at Miller`s first match ( goalless draw v Rangers ) praising Miller for having managed St Mirren to 5th place and winning the Renfrewshire Cup ( ie beating Morton ) . Our second match with Miller was only a few days later in Seville in a friendly match which we lost 2v0. It was the first and only time I saw Hibs play in Spain and I remember thinking how Miller`s appointment had spoiled what should have been a special occasion even though just a friendly . After , his record was good at times and at times terrible . In terms of signings he made very few signings but most improved the team ( Jackson etcetera ) but he should never have managed our team for so long ( I still say that now though fans `expectations have changed anyway so I don`t think anyone of us would expect to see Yogi still in charge in 2013 let alone in 2019 which would be 10 years Miller got ) . He wasn`t the worst manager we have had in terms of tactics , signings etcetera ( far from it ) but had no emotional tie to our club ( far from it - he was a Rangers stalwart - 17 years with them ! ) and it`s incredible that the club directors could even consider that such an appointment could be successful .

Hibs On Tour
12-02-2010, 06:25 AM
Compared to Bertie Auld, Alex Miller's team were almost like the Dutch total football. Whilst a lot of his football was dire, no manager since, for me anyway, has conjured up a performance like Anderlecht away, and no one has even come close, to matching Videoton away which is the finest performance I have ever seen from a Hibs team

Always remember Bertie Auld on Sportscene or something when Hibs were going through a gash phase with AM [I think] and saying that our problem was that "Hibs have more strikers than the miners"...

Ah... the days of managers wearing massive sheepskin jackets! :greengrin

KWJ
12-02-2010, 06:48 AM
Something few have achieved since .. and even some say JC didn't as it wasnt his team.

Sure there were some real lows but we also had Keith, Jackson, Crunchie, Michael O'Neill, McGinlay and we regularly battered sides with them .. I seem to recall back to back humpings of Jags and Pars along lines of 5-0/5-1

I was at the 5-1, game that sticks in my mind most at ER during the Miller era.

Great football, we were always a threat.

IWasThere2016
12-02-2010, 06:50 AM
The fitba under Auld, Blobby and Mixu was inferior to Lexo IMHO. Same true also for large part of Duff Jimmy's tenure.

Godsahibby
12-02-2010, 09:14 AM
This is a true story.

I quite believe this, a mate of mine was at Hibs as youth GK and said the same thing about Supere Joe T, the things he did in training we unbelieveable but just couldnt do it on the park.

Speedway
12-02-2010, 09:27 AM
I thought that 170 games stat was light when I posted it. Just goes to show how much reliance is put on the printed word.

I don't think the kids who didn't live through the Mogadon era can fully appreciate that it was a decade out of our lives that certainly gave us a trophy once, but more often than not was week in, week out disappontment followed by despair followed by depression, followed by disenchantment and finished up worst of all, with disinterest.

davemcbain
12-02-2010, 09:40 AM
I thought that 170 games stat was light when I posted it. Just goes to show how much reliance is put on the printed word.

I don't think the kids who didn't live through the Mogadon era can fully appreciate that it was a decade out of our lives that certainly gave us a trophy once, but more often than not was week in, week out disappontment followed by despair followed by depression, followed by disenchantment and finished up worst of all, with disinterest.

To me, there are two stats that tell me never to rely on stats:
1) Mogadon had a better than average record as a Hibs manger
2) Statistically I have more than the average number of legs

Glasgow Hibee
12-02-2010, 09:58 AM
This is a true story.

This doesnae suprise me. I mind one halftime he had a bunch of balls about 30 yards out and pinged just about everyone of them into the top left postage stamp corner of the goal. Then he went picked them up and did the same again - outstanding accuracy.

He is, unfortunately, the classic example of how fans can ruin a player. Some can take the abuse, but unfortunately some can't and this just makes the boo boys pick on them all the more..........sad.

Peevemor
12-02-2010, 10:05 AM
This doesnae suprise me. I mind one halftime he had a bunch of balls about 30 yards out and pinged just about everyone of them into the top left postage stamp corner of the goal. Then he went picked them up and did the same again - outstanding accuracy.

He is, unfortunately, the classic example of how fans can ruin a player. Some can take the abuse, but unfortunately some can't and this just makes the boo boys pick on them all the more..........sad.

The fans shouldn't have given him the abuse they did, but it should be remembered that he was a poor defender (though he should never have been forced to play there in the first place).

He remains however one of my favourite Hibs players. When he first came into the team, he comfortably filled the position of fans' favourite Joe McBride jnr. and for a couple of seasons managed to give the support a real buzz when he was on the ball.

hibhib7
12-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Who cares about the stats. In ten years you have to get something right.

Miller had a number of problems. One, he was there too long. Two, he had an abysmal derby record. Three, he thought not losing goals was more important than out-scoring the opposition.

Four, his after match comments bore no reflection to what had gone on. Five when playing the OF, he treated it in the way of a man about to go to the scaffold.

And six, he thought Brian Hamilton was a footballer. Nuff said.One of the few derbies he did win was on the back of a 7-0 humiliation at the hands of Rangers at Ibrox. With the fans screaming for his head, Hibs managed to beat Hearts a few days later and he managed to hang on to his job.

freddie m
12-02-2010, 10:46 AM
I really liked Joe and it's true some fans were pretty poorly behaved toward him.

He had a decent number of under 21 caps, was still the best crosser of the ball at the club the season he left and never turned up just to make up the numbers.

His first couple of seasons he was a stand out on the left wing. Cue Miller telling him he's a left back and that his "zone" doesn't allow him to go over the half-way line (which is something said fans gave him pelters for).

Sums up Miller imho, percentage-football leads to draw after draw. Boring.
If I remember correctly it wasn't Miller that turned Joe T into a left back it was John Blackley when he was the manager.
Also I remember when Miller left the Hibs, he was not sacked he resigned.
A little bit of investigation by some on this board will allow an insight to the conditions Miller worked under pre STF, also the state that Hibs were in during that particular time.
Glory glory
:flag::flag::flag:

andudare2
12-02-2010, 10:47 AM
I quite believe this, a mate of mine was at Hibs as youth GK and said the same thing about Supere Joe T, the things he did in training we unbelieveable but just couldnt do it on the park.my son in law says the same thing. also said miller was the best coach he worked under, that part def. took me by suprise.:notworthy:

Booked4Being-Ugly
12-02-2010, 12:02 PM
I had some great times watching Hibs under AM. I'm not saying the football was great but i lapped up the excellent atmosphere at every game at ER. AM put together some excellent teams and it was a delight to see them in action, especially when we put out one of the best Rangers sides in recent times, in the semi final of the skol cupl.

The other side of the coin was the seasons we struggled badly and i happened to witness most of the derby dross then but again devoured the banter and madness of following Hibs.

I remember singing "AM's green n' white army" - great stuff; I also remember singing "Miller must go!" with great gusto.

Again, great memories for me which sealed my fate as a diehard, but not necessarily for the right reasons.

:not worth

Mibbes Aye
12-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Correct me if im wrong ,but werent we 3rd in the league when we got Miller sacked?

Technically, it was a resignation IIRC though could be wrong and being realistic it wasn't going to be turned down I suppose. It came after a horrendous derby defeat - the yams had a pretty decent side around then and we were on the slide - where the first half made you worry how many they might get. Steadied the ship in the second half though.

Not sure we were as high as third, but it was early in the season and in those days we always seemed to fly high until November.

I had some great times watching Hibs under AM. I'm not saying the football was great but i lapped up the excellent atmosphere at every game at ER. AM put together some excellent teams and it was a delight to see them in action, especially when we put out one of the best Rangers sides in recent times, in the semi final of the skol cupl.

The other side of the coin was the seasons we struggled badly and i happened to witness most of the derby dross then but again devoured the banter and madness of following Hibs.

I remember singing "AM's green n' white army" - great stuff; I also remember singing "Miller must go!" with great gusto.

Again, great memories for me which sealed my fate as a diehard, but not necessarily for the right reasons.

:not worth

:agree: Some great wins that slip out of the memory. As someone else (TQM?) posted earlier (or elsewhere), we had a fine habit of cuffing the likes of Partick by four or five on what seemed like a frequent basis. We usually seemed to have great games against Aberdeen as well, even if the result didn't always go our way.

A Cup win, another Cup final and a couple of runs to the SC semis in the space of three or four years were quite good going in hindsight. As good as the attacking line-up we had was, they could still be very frustrating though.

LHWM
12-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Alex Miller
Aberdeen D 11
L 19
W 11
Aberdeen Total 41

Airdrieonians D 2
L 6
W 3
Airdrieonians Total 11

Albion Rovers W 1
Albion Rovers Total 1
Alloa Athletic W 3
Alloa Athletic Total 3

Anderlecht D 2
Anderlecht Total 2
Ayr United W 1
Ayr United Total 1

Brechin City W 3
Brechin City Total 3

Celtic D 14
L 25
W 5
Celtic Total 44

Clyde W 2
Clyde Total 2

Clydebank[4] L 1
W 3
WPEN 1
Clydebank[4] Total 5

Cowdenbeath D 1
W 1
Cowdenbeath Total 2

Dumbarton D 1
W 1
Dumbarton Total 2

Dundee D 8
L 9
W 6
Dundee Total 23

Dundee United D 9
L 13
W 15
Dundee United Total 37

Dunfermline Athletic D 9
L 2
W 10
Dunfermline Athletic Total 21

East Fife W 1
East Fife Total 1

Falkirk D 8
L 7
W 7
Falkirk Total 22

Hamilton Academical D 1
W 5
Hamilton Academical Total 6

Heart of Midlothian D 15
L 18
W 7
Heart of Midlothian Total 40

Kilmarnock D 5
L 4
W 8
Kilmarnock Total 17

Liegeois (Liege) D 1
L 1
Liegeois (Liege) Total 2

Meadowbank Thistle W 1
Meadowbank Thistle Total 1

Montrose W 2
Montrose Total 2

Morton D 3
W 1
Morton Total 4

Motherwell D 15
L 10
W 16
Motherwell Total 41

Partick Thistle D 7
L 3
W 7
WPEN 1

Partick Thistle Total 18

Queen of the South W 2
Queen of the South Total 2

Raith Rovers D 2
L 4
W 5
Raith Rovers Total 11

Rangers D 9
L 25
W 7
Rangers Total 41

St Johnstone D 8
L 4
W 6
St Johnstone Total 18

St Mirren D 7
L 4
W 12
St Mirren Total 23

Stenhousemuir W 2
Stenhousemuir Total 2

Stirling Albion W 1
Stirling Albion Total 1

Stranraer W 1
Stranraer Total 1

Videoton W 2
Videoton Total 2

Alex Miller Total 453

LHWM
12-02-2010, 09:19 PM
3 goal wins

1987-02-14 Sat Hibs 4 Clydebank[4] 1 Premier League H 5236 E May;M Weir;S Cowan;J McBride (2);
1987-10-10 Sat Hibs 4 Dunfermline Athletic 0 Premier League H 9286 E May;P Kane;G McCluskey;J Collins;
1988-02-02 Tue Hibs 3 Dumbarton 0 Scottish Cup H 8000 N Orr;J Tortolano;Own Goal;
1988-08-17 Wed Hibs 4 Stranraer 0 League Cup H 8170 P Kane;G Evans;S Archibald;S Archibald;
1988-10-29 Sat Hamilton Academical 0 Hibs 3 Premier League A 4569 S Archibald;G McCluskey;J Collins;
1989-04-22 Sat Hamilton Academical 0 Hibs 3 Premier League A 2975 S Archibald;S Archibald;P Kane;
1989-09-26 Tue Videoton 0 Hibs 3 UEFA Cup A 18000 K Houchen;G Evans;J Collins;
1990-02-24 Sat Hibs 5 East Fife 1 Scottish Cup H 7232 P McGinlay;P McGinlay;K Houchen;K Houchen;J Collins;
1991-05-04 Sat Hibs 3 Dunfermline Athletic 0 Premier League H 4185 P McGinlay;B Findlay;W Miller;
1991-08-10 Sat Hibs 4 St Mirren 1 Premier League H 8271 M Weir;M Weir;P McGinlay;P McGinlay;
1991-08-20 Tue Stirling Albion 0 Hibs 3 League Cup A 3342 T McIntyre;G Evans;K Wright;
1991-10-05 Sat Hibs 3 Dunfermline Athletic 0 Premier League H 7602 G Hunter;K Wright;P McGinlay;
1991-12-14 Sat Airdrieonians 0 Hibs 3 Premier League A 3784 M Weir;B Hamilton;G Evans;
1992-01-04 Sat Hibs 5 Dunfermline Athletic 0 Premier League H 7644 K Wright;K Wright;K Wright;M Weir;G Evans;
1992-02-15 Sat Clydebank[4] 1 Hibs 5 Scottish Cup A 7350 P McGinlay;M Weir;T McIntyre;K Wright;G Evans;
1992-08-12 Wed Hibs 4 Raith Rovers 1 League Cup H 7267 G Evans;G Evans;B Hamilton;P McGinlay;
1993-01-09 Sat Hibs 5 St Mirren 2 Scottish Cup H 7997 D Jackson;P McGinlay;M Weir;M Weir;K Wright;
1993-02-16 Tue Partick Thistle 0 Hibs 3 Premier League A 3064 P McGinlay;P McGinlay;M Weir;
1993-04-13 Tue Dundee United 0 Hibs 3 Premier League A 5167 K Wright;K Wright;K Wright;
1993-12-27 Mon Hibs 5 Partick Thistle 1 Premier League H 10164 B Hamilton;D Farrell;D Jackson;K McAllister;K Wright;
1994-01-15 Sat Kilmarnock 0 Hibs 3 Premier League A 7358 D Farrell;D Beaumont;G Evans;
1994-03-05 Sat Hibs 3 Raith Rovers 0 Premier League H 6039 B Findlay;K Wright;K Wright;
1994-08-13 Sat Hibs 5 Dundee United 0 Premier League H 8338 B Findlay;D Jackson;D Jackson;K Harper;M O' Neill;
1994-08-17 Wed Queen of the South 0 Hibs 3 League Cup A 5022 G Evans;S Tweed;M O' Neill;
1994-10-01 Sat Hibs 3 Partick Thistle 0 Premier League H 7168 D Jackson;D Jackson;M McGraw;
1994-12-31 Sat Hibs 4 Dundee United 0 Premier League H 7754 K Wright;K Wright;K Wright;M O' Neill;
1995-03-11 Sat Stenhousemuir 0 Hibs 4 Scottish Cup A 3520 K Harper;K Harper;J Tortolano;M O' Neill;
1995-09-09 Sat Kilmarnock 0 Hibs 3 Premier League A 7014 K Wright;K Wright;G Evans;
1995-11-22 Wed Hibs 3 Partick Thistle 0 Premier League H 7137 D Jackson;M Weir;K McAllister;

LHWM
12-02-2010, 09:21 PM
3 goal defeats

1987-04-11 Sat Hibs 1 Celtic 4 Premier League H 14432 G McCluskey;
1987-08-15 Sat Hibs 0 Dundee 4 Premier League H 7925 ;
1988-05-08 Sun Hibs 1 Heart of Midlothian 5 EoSS H 400 Missing;
1988-12-10 Sat Dundee United 4 Hibs 1 Premier League A 9963 S Archibald;
1989-10-25 Wed Hibs 0 Aberdeen 3 Premier League H 9337 ;
1989-10-28 Sat Rangers 3 Hibs 0 Premier League A 35260 ;
1989-12-09 Sat Hibs 0 Celtic 3 Premier League H 17343 ;
1990-09-15 Sat Hibs 0 Heart of Midlothian 3 Premier League H 16813 ;
1990-11-03 Sat Rangers 4 Hibs 0 Premier League A 35925 ;
1990-12-01 Sat Hibs 0 Celtic 3 Premier League H 16219 ;
1990-12-11 Tue Motherwell 4 Hibs 1 Premier League A 4121 N Orr;
1991-01-02 Wed Hibs 1 Heart of Midlothian 4 Premier League H 13600 Gary MacKay og;
1991-11-19 Tue Hibs 0 Rangers 3 Premier League H 16833 ;
1992-08-01 Sat Aberdeen 3 Hibs 0 Premier League A 12503 ;
1993-03-13 Sat Rangers 3 Hibs 0 Premier League A 41076 ;
1993-11-27 Sat Aberdeen 4 Hibs 0 Premier League A 12334 ;
1994-04-16 Sat Dundee United 3 Hibs 0 Premier League A 6603 ;
1994-05-07 Sat Dundee 4 Hibs 0 Premier League A 2731 ;
1995-10-04 Wed Raith Rovers 3 Hibs 0 Premier League A 6051 ;
1995-11-25 Sat Hibs 1 Rangers 4 Premier League H 13558 C Jackson;
1995-12-09 Sat Hibs 0 Celtic 4 Premier League H 14117 ;
1995-12-30 Sat Rangers 7 Hibs 0 Premier League A 44692 ;
1996-04-06 Sat Motherwell 3 Hibs 0 Premier League A 5964 ;
1996-09-07 Sat Celtic 5 Hibs 0 Premier League A 47042 ;
1996-09-18 Wed Rangers 4 Hibs 0 League Cup A 45104 ;

Allant1981
12-02-2010, 09:23 PM
One of the few derbies he did win was on the back of a 7-0 humiliation at the hands of Rangers at Ibrox. With the fans screaming for his head, Hibs managed to beat Hearts a few days later and he managed to hang on to his job.

Was AM still in charge then, i was at the game at ibrox but i didnt think he was still in charge

yip he was

Kato
12-02-2010, 11:27 PM
If I remember correctly it wasn't Miller that turned Joe T into a left back it was John Blackley when he was the manager.

Blackley signed Joe, but it was definitely Lexo that played him as a left back for the first time.