PDA

View Full Version : McGhoo talking p!sh again

Winston Ingram
11-02-2010, 10:40 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/8509725.stm

His eyesight has clearly gone.

He says our penalty was soft but it would have been nowhere near as soft as the penalty he was claiming for the Wotherspoon incedent.

The fact that this muppet thinks it was Sol Bamba made the challenge sums up how credible this man is. He also thinks he should have been sent of as well:top marks

Gus Fring
11-02-2010, 10:53 AM
"We had one which, as far as I'm concerned, was an absolute stonewall penalty in the first half when Sol Bamba was tugging Michael Paton's jersey"

I dont remember this incident at all and i was at the game? Seems BBC Alba cameras missed it as well

Part/Time Supporter
11-02-2010, 11:24 AM
Also disregarding the fact that Paton should have been given offside before that.

Referee was a tit and the linesmen would have been as well not turning up.

ahibby
11-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Stokes was kicked in their box and should have been awarded a penalty, I think it was Ifl maybe who went for him and not the ball as Stokes went passed him in the box. However, that wrong was righted with a softer penalty a few minutes later. Zemamas booking came from the ineptitude of the referee and the assistant when Zemama was clearly fouled in front of both and despite having a clear view of it, Aberdeen were awarded a throw in. I don't condone petulance but I understand Zemama's frustration at the blatant disregard for the rules and disrespect shown by, the referee and his assistant in that and other instances.

CropleyWasGod
11-02-2010, 11:44 AM
"We had one which, as far as I'm concerned, was an absolute stonewall penalty in the first half when Sol Bamba was tugging Michael Paton's jersey"

I dont remember this incident at all and i was at the game? Seems BBC Alba cameras missed it as well

Involved Wotherspoon. As i saw it, DW brushed the back of Paton. Paton went down a few steps later, but fell rather than dived. I think the ref got this one right... no penalty, and no booking.

spudhib
11-02-2010, 12:04 PM
The fud is also trying to compare Lee Millers assault on Zouma to Mcbrides booking last night as well:faf:

rubber mal
11-02-2010, 12:25 PM
"Once again, we've been subject to decisions here that have cost us something in the game"

He's a bitter, bitter man.

Winston Ingram
11-02-2010, 12:36 PM
The fud is also trying to compare Lee Millers assault on Zouma to Mcbrides booking last night as well:faf:

The man is an idiot. McBride's was a deliberate trip. Miller's was assault.

He's also forgetting the penalty we should have had when Mark Kerr tried tae stuff the ball up his jersey

Broken Gnome
11-02-2010, 01:04 PM
The man is an idiot. McBride's was a deliberate trip. Miller's was assault.

He's also forgetting the penalty we should have had when Mark Kerr tried tae stuff the ball up his jersey

Rubbish, according their local paper McBride SCYTHED HIM DOWN.

Tyler Durden
11-02-2010, 01:09 PM
To be fair McBride could easily have walked for that foul. He had no intention of playing the ball, it was cynical and to the letter of the law was a red card.

bawheid
11-02-2010, 01:12 PM
To be fair McBride could easily have walked for that foul. He had no intention of playing the ball, it was cynical and to the letter of the law was a red card.

That was my Dad's opinion at the game last night.

I put him right that it was merely a professional foul which McBride was correctly booked for.

Part/Time Supporter
11-02-2010, 01:12 PM

which law?

brythehibby
11-02-2010, 01:16 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/8509725.stm

His eyesight has clearly gone.

He says our penalty was soft but it would have been nowhere near as soft as the penalty he was claiming for the Wotherspoon incedent.

The fact that this muppet thinks it was Sol Bamba made the challenge sums up how credible this man is. He also thinks he should have been sent of as well:top marks

Wotherspoon was raging at paton for diving. Right in front of me and there was no contact that would make him go down.

On Mcbride, i thought at the time he might walk, seeing it again, its a proffesional foul worthy of a yellow.

Oh aye, and McGhee, GTF ya moaning faced bitter clown.

Winston Ingram
11-02-2010, 01:18 PM

Dunno what law you're thinking of.

The only way he could get sent off is for violent conduct or for denying a goalscoring opportunity. That trip was neither:agree:

Tyler Durden
11-02-2010, 01:20 PM
which law?

I may now be exposed as one of those know it all types, who doesn't actually know the laws of the game but.......

the same law which saw Ian Murray red carded a few years back for nailing McGeady or Lee Miller for booting Zemmama. The latter case is slightly ebbing more towards violent conduct but in both those examples plus McBride's, there was no way he could win the ball. There was no attempt to play the ball and thus it's a red. No?

Maybe some part time ref could enlighten us?

Part/Time Supporter
11-02-2010, 01:25 PM
which law?

I may now be exposed as one of those know it all types, who doesn't actually know the laws of the game but.......

the same law which saw Ian Murray red carded a few years back for nailing McGeady or Lee Miller for booting Zemmama. The latter case is slightly ebbing more towards violent conduct but in both those examples plus McBride's, there was no way he could win the ball. There was no attempt to play the ball and thus it's a red. No?

Maybe some part time ref could enlighten us?

Those two were examples of dangerous foul play, actually kicking the opponent with undue force. McBride merely (albeit deliberately) tripped the Aberdeen player.

CropleyWasGod
11-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Those two were examples of dangerous foul play, actually kicking the opponent with undue force. McBride merely (albeit deliberately) tripped the Aberdeen player.

TBH, if the ref had seen the same look on McBride's face that I saw from the East, he may well have sent him off. He had only one aim in mind, and that was to stop the guy, no matter how.

Aberdeen were on a break, albeit at the half way line. If it had happened the other way round, there are many who would have been screaming for a red card.

Tyler Durden
11-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Just looked at the definition of serious foul play and I stand corrected - McBride could not be accused of using excessive force or endangering the opponent so yellow card only.

In summary, Tyler Durden joins McGhoo in talking p*sh.

brog
11-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Wotherspoon was raging at paton for diving. Right in front of me and there was no contact that would make him go down.

On Mcbride, i thought at the time he might walk, seeing it again, its a proffesional foul worthy of a yellow.

Oh aye, and McGhee, GTF ya moaning faced bitter clown.

Right in front of me too, Wotherspoon was silly, put his arm on Paton who immediately went down as if shot. Was never a penalty but if had been at Pittodrie could easily have been given. McGhee forgets that their first goal came from a freekick which should have gone to Hibs for an incident 2 seconds earlier when Dons player backed into Bamba ( I think ) without making any effort to get the ball. Our pen was soft but it was the 3rd handball in their box & one in first half Kerr almost carried it out!

delbert
11-02-2010, 02:00 PM
McBride was guilty of a deliberate trip (unsportsmanlike conduct), and was correctly shown a yellow card. Ordering off offences previously mentioned on this thread are violent conduct and serious foul play, neither of which applied in this instance. Incidentally, there are actually 7 ordering off offences, and seven cautionable offences as well. Finally having watched the game, Thomson did'nt do too much wrong when you take off the green specs, Zemamma one was debatable, and as for those having a pop at the assistants, you're having a laugh, 2 of our top guys and they did their jobs well. And before I'm shouted down as a closet yam, been a hibby since I was 7 and that's lots of years ago, as well as a part time ref.

MountcastleHibs
11-02-2010, 02:00 PM
The man is a first class k***end.

He got everything he deserved last night for his negative football :thumbsup:

God Petrie
11-02-2010, 02:09 PM
McGhee is a twat and his comments aren't even worth discussing. He's obviously bitter Hibs are a class above his team of hammer throwers. Their mentality in the second half shows they couldn't believe they were 2-0 up against a superior side and did everything they could to scrape through with a victory.

TheMentalHibees
11-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Also disregarding the fact that Paton should have been given offside before that.

Referee was a tit and the linesmen would have been as well not turning up.

You would have been forgiven for thinking the linesmen on the East had just turned up for the half time pies. It's been a while since I've seen such a collectively poor performance from the match officials, but his in particular was shocking. At times it seemed he was falling asleep and randomly sticking his flag up when he awoke.

Sunny1875
11-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Was good to see Magoo actually concentrate on his own team, I fully expected him to comment on The fantastic loan signing celtic have made banging in the goals.