PDA

View Full Version : Bamba & Ivory Coast (re Togo ban)

Woody1985
11-02-2010, 10:23 AM
This may have been covered yesterday as I wasn't able to get online last night.

With Bamba's revelation that the Ivory Coast president instructed the team to stay at the ANC, does anyone know if that was the president of their FA or the president of their country?

My impression was that it was the country and if so, what are the chances of them being banned for the next two tournaments like Togo or will it just be overlooked because they took part regardless of outside interference?

CropleyWasGod
11-02-2010, 10:51 AM
This may have been covered yesterday as I wasn't able to get online last night.

With Bamba's revelation that the Ivory Coast president instructed the team to stay at the ANC, does anyone know if that was the president of their FA or the president of their country?

My impression was that it was the country and if so, what are the chances of them being banned for the next two tournaments like Togo or will it just be overlooked because they took part regardless of outside interference?

I read it the same way, Woody. Howver, since they STAYED and took part in the tournament, I can't see CAF taking any further action.

Woody1985
11-02-2010, 11:06 AM
I read it the same way, Woody. Howver, since they STAYED and took part in the tournament, I can't see CAF taking any further action.

I can't see them doing anything but it smacks of double standards.

The cynic in me says that they won't take any action due to the amount of starts in the team although Togo do have Ade and still kicked them out.

It would be good if IC and others who were probably in the same situation, used outside interference to keep them in the tournament as a way of building support for Togo and to have them re-instated.