PDA

View Full Version : "Sheep on fire" chant

Exiled Hibby
11-02-2010, 08:40 AM
I wasnt at last nights game as up in Fraserburgh and couldnt make it. However, the local paper here, Press and Journal, which is Aberdeen based and Aberdeen biased, has comment from Dons fanzine editor saying Hibs fans chanting "The sheep are on fire" in reference to the incident on train after previous game.
As I said, I wasnt there so its all hearsay to me, but if any truth in it I find it a disgusting chant and those morons involved sicken me.
I know every club has its share of idiots but why do we need to lower ourselves to that level? :confused:
If the comment from the Fanzine editor is nonsense I would be relieved and pleased to hear it.

TornadoHibby
11-02-2010, 08:48 AM
I wasnt at last nights game as up in Fraserburgh and couldnt make it. However, the local paper here, Press and Journal, which is Aberdeen based and Aberdeen biased, has comment from Dons fanzine editor saying Hibs fans chanting "The sheep are on fire" in reference to the incident on train after previous game.
As I said, I wasnt there so its all hearsay to me, but if any truth in it I find it a disgusting chant and those morons involved sicken me.
I know every club has its share of idiots but why do we need to lower ourselves to that level? :confused:
If the comment from the Fanzine editor is nonsense I would be relieved and pleased to hear it.

That was first heard at the Todders game in December and IIRC was actually started by the Sheep fans that day and was sung by them again last night too! :wink:

EskbankHibby
11-02-2010, 08:52 AM

They sang it, loud and clear after both of their goals.

This fanzine editor sounds like he is trying to pull the wool over your eyes.

hibee_girl
11-02-2010, 08:52 AM
There was a small section of the east singing early into the game last night but the whole Aberdeen section were singing it once they had scored.

The_Todd
11-02-2010, 08:54 AM
As everyone else has said, both sets of fans sang it. Of course, the Sheep fanzine editor is quite happy to ignore that wee fact.

Exiled Hibby
11-02-2010, 08:55 AM
That was first heard at the Todders game in December and IIRC was actually started by the Sheep fans that day and was sung by them again last night too! :wink:

If that's the case they are absolute nutters. Why would their own fans "celebrate" with a song like that? I cant find an excuse for any fans singing it.Maybe I'm just getting old.............

Hibby D
11-02-2010, 08:55 AM
There was a small section of the east singing early into the game last night but the whole Aberdeen section were singing it once they had scored.

Yup, heard the Aberdeen fans singing it loud and clear from our seats in the FF:agree:

skipster7
11-02-2010, 08:59 AM
from the west stand it seemed the east sang it first a couple of times and the sheep then sang it after their goals,i didnt even know what it was about :confused:

The_Todd
11-02-2010, 09:01 AM
It did start in the East last night, but only a handful singing it. Then Aberdeen scored, then the whole Herd of Sheep erupted with it. Then we sang it back.

I honestly don't see why the Sheep Fanzine Editor is getting his wooly coat in a twist when the travelling herd of Sheep weren't greeting about it.

CropleyWasGod
11-02-2010, 09:55 AM
I was in the East.

Our lot certainly started it. Moronic, IMO, and I just knew it was going to bite us in the bum.

It did. The Sheep started singing it after their goals. And with good reason.. they were "on fire", and it was a kick in the nuts to those who had been singing it first.

Gus Fring
11-02-2010, 09:57 AM
I think the aberdeen fans have taken what is obviously a derogatory chant and have turned it round into a positive chant for them.

CropleyWasGod
11-02-2010, 10:00 AM
I think the aberdeen fans have taken what is obviously a derogatory chant and have turned it round into a positive chant for them.

Agreed.

As they have in the past, with the Sheep songs. I found that quite funny.

HibbyScott
11-02-2010, 10:13 AM
If that's the case they are absolute nutters. Why would their own fans "celebrate" with a song like that? I cant find an excuse for any fans singing it.Maybe I'm just getting old.............

Theres a band called The View, who's fans chant "The View, The View, The View are on fire" in relation to them being metaphorically "on fire" at their gigs. Could be that if Aberdeen started singing this at Pittodrie in December then this is where they got it from?

H18sry
11-02-2010, 10:18 AM
Where has all the banter gone ffs, nobody was killed, ok a prank involving fans, went wrong, nobody knows if any Hibs fans wee involved or if it was just sheep fans fooling around that went wrong, it wont be known untill a court case has reached its conclusion.

If we stop fans singing songs at each other what an even worse atmosphere games will have. :agree:

Andy74
11-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Theres a band called The View, who's fans chant "The View, The View, The View are on fire" in relation to them being metaphorically "on fire" at their gigs. Could be that if Aberdeen started singing this at Pittodrie in December then this is where they got it from?

Aye, i'd never have put it together with the guy one train! People trying to make something out of nothing here!

It's a bit like families that have complained because a soap storyline has been close to an incident where one of their family has been killed.

Aye? Well, most families have lost someone from cancer, should we never have such storylines again?

Is the word fire never to be mentioned in realtion to Aberdeen??

HibbyScott
11-02-2010, 10:24 AM
Aye, i'd never have put it together with the guy one train! People trying to make something out of nothing here!

:agree: Good chant IMO - one I wouldn't mind alongside We arra peeeeeepul as the 5th goes in at Ibrox on Sunday:wink: (Taking out Sheep and putting in Hibs - obviously :greengrin)

Hibby D
11-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Aye, i'd never have put it together with the guy one train!

Me neither 'till I read this thread :agree:

SMAXXA
11-02-2010, 10:58 AM
I think some folk need to lighten up, dont think it was sung with any ill intent to the relevant individual(s) involved in the incident, just light hearted banter between fans. I found it quite funny but knew straight away that some people wouldnt be happy with it, way I look at it, if you dont agree with it dont sing along with it.

P.s also a nice change from the usual Hibees, Hibees and hail hail etc.

Some people seem to find a problem with everything :yawn:

Woody1985
11-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Wasn't at the game last night but it sounds like the Dons fans have either used it to GIRU us or have sang it for their own fan who was involved in the incident after the goal.

Does anyone know if he was at the game?

From previous threads, he's well on the road to recovery. I'm sure the song, whatever it's intent, brought a smile to his face when they scored.

lapsedhibee
11-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Another thing we should stop doing is calling people huns. To avoid offending Blueisthecolourofmynose, who's said he doesn't like it.

Bad Martini
11-02-2010, 11:21 AM
Another thing we should stop doing is calling people huns. To avoid offending Blueisthecolourofmynose, who's said he doesn't like it.

A spade is a spade.

A hun is a hun :devil:

Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns Huns

ENDOF :devil::devil:

Dr Jimmy
11-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Seem to remember they used to sing a song to the tune of 99 Red Balloons about a Hibby they nearly killed. So maybe the editor should right a more balanced piece.

I personally hate the sheep as much as the OF and if they are not happy they can get tae!

JeMeSouviens
11-02-2010, 11:33 AM

Agreed, we should always use their full title, "vile and verminous huns". :agree:

Mary Hinge
11-02-2010, 11:36 AM

Sorry, but I can't agree with that.......

I much prefer to refer to those lowlifes as "beastly hun *******s" :agree:

Danny_Hibee
11-02-2010, 11:41 AM
It was started by the Hibs fans at Pittodrie just before christmas and was the Hibs fans who started signing it again last night. We were also singing "The Hibs are on fire" at Pittodrie and it seems like they are using the sheep song as their own version of that and not so much in the literal way the Hibs fans were singing it.

Sauzee07
11-02-2010, 11:43 AM
I was at the game last night and was sitting next to someone who explained to me that this chant was first aired when we played Celtic midweek. He said it started when news of Aberdeen's 3-0 thrashing of the Yams came though.

I'd guess this is much more likely to be the true origin of this than the train incident?!?

CropleyWasGod
11-02-2010, 11:45 AM
I was at the game last night and was sitting next to someone who explained to me that this chant was first aired when we played Celtic midweek. He said it started when news of Aberdeen's 3-0 thrashing of the Yams came though.

I'd guess this is much more likely to be the true origin of this than the train incident?!?

I'd guess you were wrong. :wink:

frazeHFC
11-02-2010, 11:51 AM
I wasn't singing it but it's a geat song, and they were singing it when they scored anyway

TornadoHibby
11-02-2010, 11:51 AM

Well you can take it from me that your mate is wrong as I was at Pittodrie in December and it was definately sung there as per my previous post on this thread and that was the first time I had heard it! :agree:

It might well have been sung again at Parkhead when we played Celtc for the reasons you outline but that was NOT the first time it had been sung by either Sheep fans or Hibs fans! :wink:

Your guess was therefore wrong! :wink: :greengrin

Nakedmanoncrack
11-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Well you can take it from me that your mate is wrong as I was at Pittodrie in December and it was definately sung there as per my previous post on this thread and that was the first time I had heard it! :agree:

It might well have been sung again at Parkhead when we played Celtc for the reasons you outline but that was NOT the first time it had been sung by either Sheep fans or Hibs fans! :wink:

Your guess was therefore wrong! :wink: :greengrin
:agree:
Correct, I was at Pittodrie & Parkhead and it was sung at both games, 'Sheep IS on fire' & 'The Hibs are on fire' at Pittodrie, and 'The sheep ARE on fire' at Parkhead (as they rattled in the goals at Tynecastle). Was surprised after the Pittodrie game that nobody got their knickers in a twist about it. Clearly banter, and also clearly taken that way by the Sheep themselves.

sleeping giant
11-02-2010, 12:32 PM
I rate the Aibirdeen fans as the best away support in Scotland.

Very amusing most of the time anf their "Sheep are on Fire" chant back at us was superb:top marks

I like Aberdeen fans:greengrin

_hucks_
11-02-2010, 12:35 PM

It's a bit like families that have complained because a soap storyline has been close to an incident where one of their family has been killed.

Aye? Well, most families have lost someone from cancer, should we never have such storylines again?

Is the word fire never to be mentioned in realtion to Aberdeen??

But then, why would our fans be singing it? It's hardly as if we'd be singing pre match about how much we appreciate aberdeens good form of late?

sleeping giant
11-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Are my eyes deceiving me ? Are there posters on here suggesting the chant was NOT about one of their fans being on fire :confused:

C'mon folks eh. It was about that and most folk know it.

They took it very well as they usually do !

sleeping giant
11-02-2010, 12:42 PM
But then, why would our fans be singing it? It's hardly as if we'd be singing pre match about how much we appreciate aberdeens good form of late?

:faf:

Sean1875
11-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Christ, was a bit of banter between fans. Would rather sing this than have a piss poor atmosphere like there normally is.

CallumHibs07
11-02-2010, 01:18 PM
We were singing it as a metaphor so they know we noticed that they were playing well.:agree::wink:

Dashing Bob S
11-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Seems yet another case of a pompous bore trying to embrace victimhood by pretending to have their feelings hurt by a chant. Surprised A'deen fans can be bothered to get involved in this faux outrage, best left to the sensitive souls in the East End of Glasgow or the West End of Edinburgh.

Jack
11-02-2010, 01:30 PM

Very amusing most of the time anf their "Sheep are on Fire" chant back at us was superb:top marks

I agree with most of this. Great bit of banter between the fans. :applause:

I’m not sure about liking them though and certainly couldn’t eat a whole one; medium, rare or errrrr ehhhhhh errrrr crispy :devil:

Rory89
11-02-2010, 02:15 PM

Who gives a flying phook?

The second half at least last night had a very good atmosphere (from where I was standing anyway) for the first time in good knows how long, but somebody has to get upset over something to balance a positive with a negative I suppose.

It was also sung at Parkhead the other week amongst another bunch of hardly offensive songs, but luckily out support that night seemed to be made up of a rare breed, Hibs fans who want to have a laugh and get behind they're team rather than sit in silence and get high and mighty about anyone that sings/stands/swears/celebrates.

Phil MaGlass
11-02-2010, 02:19 PM
phook me,:shocked: there was an atmosphere at ER last night,could only have came through from the Dons fans then,always good for an atmosphere.

Surprised it never made the front page this morning.

O'Brien[11]
11-02-2010, 02:31 PM
I heard it off my pal on the bus going to Aberdeen in December, he said it so we all started singing it on the bus.
we arrived 5 mins late for kick off, we walked in the whole bus started belting it out may i add what a day that was:agree:.
then last night hibbys were singing it then aberdeen scored started singing it, as in there team was on fire as they were ahead.
and then we gave it back. great chant imo:greengrin

DrSpaceMonkey
11-02-2010, 02:46 PM
I wasnt at last nights game as up in Fraserburgh and couldnt make it.

Aye being in the broch sure sucks :sairhead:

Big Frank
11-02-2010, 02:49 PM
It is copyright The Hibees Bounce:wink:

They sang it loud at Pittodrie, then when Hibernian went 2 up it was changed to the Hibs are on fire.

joe breezy
11-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Hibs fans were singing 'the Hibs, The Hibs, The Hibs are on fire' at Pittodrie last time so it's no surprise that Aberdeen knew it could be easily turned into a positive chant

lucky
11-02-2010, 03:40 PM
No wonder the atmosphere at ER is so poor with so many fans being hurt and outraged by a bit of banter from both sets of fans. It not as if it was sectarian or racist.

I am sick of people decrying fans for having a laugh and a bit of banter. How many away supports this season have sung what a ****ty home support? answer too many, ER= going to the theatre

Lets enjoy it a bit more and get behind the team

Exiled Hibby
11-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Aye being in the broch sure sucks :sairhead:

Too right it does

bubblesmorrison
11-02-2010, 04:20 PM
i canny even read all the post as its making me laff too much hibs fans sung this at parkhead a few weeks ago when aberdeen where beating hearts 3-0. so if your being sickend by the hibs fans last night go find a bucket and stick your heed in it

Cal 7-0
11-02-2010, 04:27 PM
I know :singing:Singe when your burning You only singe when your burning:singing: that would have been worse!!:greengrin

Hainan Hibs
11-02-2010, 04:31 PM
The mock outrage at songs just to appear more moral than everyone else really pisses me off.

Why don't we just get out the Church hymn book and sing along to that?

Some people need to put their handbags away, grow a pair of testicles, and get a life.

skipster7
11-02-2010, 04:35 PM
after sitting through many "mini discos" when on holiday when my kids were wee it sounded awfy like part of that follow the leader,leader,follow the leader song which has burned its way into my skull:boo hoo:

ie: the roof is on fire

Captain Trips
11-02-2010, 04:37 PM
I sang it and it was more than a handful of other folk, moronic? No.

sleeping giant
11-02-2010, 04:43 PM
The mock outrage at songs just to appear more moral than everyone else really pisses me off.

Why don't we just get out the Church hymn book and sing along to that?

Some people need to put their handbags away, grow a pair of testicles, and get a life.

Moral high riders ! Or was it High Moral Riders ?:confused:

Gramo !!!!:greengrin

.Sean.
11-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Cannae believe so many folk are up in arms about a song. It's the football, for * sake. Get over it and grow a pair. No wonder atmosphere is so pish when folk are outraged by a bit of banter between opposition fans at the match. The chant in question was sang by 90% of us at Pittodrie and there was no over-reaction to it then. Some posters on here just aren't happy unless they've got something to moan at.

Lmc2105
11-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Cannae believe so many folk are up in arms about a song. It's the football, for ***** sake. Get over it and grow a pair. No wonder atmosphere is so pish when folk are outraged by a bit of banter between opposition fans at the match. The chant in question was sang by 90% of us at Pittodrie and there was no over-reaction to it then. Some posters on here just aren't happy unless they've got something to moan at.

:top marks
Couldn't agree with you more sean! i heard the bus was bouncing up in Aberdeen as i wasn't there i called and a could hear it! i have a lot of aberdeen supporting friends and this is all banter to them they are just glad they have another song to sing! and a can also tell you that they were singing the The hibs are on fire at tynecastle to wind up that yams!! i like aberdeen supporters a good laugh and take things very light hearted football banter nothing to be wound up about guys!:agree:

Daz1875
11-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Can i just say that the person that started this thread needs to get a life !! this all started after the home game against "the sheep" when on the way back to Aberdeen the "sheep" fans set each other on fire by a mistake and when up in Aberdeen at xmas we were all freezing and it was about the only song that kept us warm, it was all banter and i am sure that they have taken it with a pinch of salt as they were singing it last night, we also sang "the Hibs are on fire" as well.

All i have to say is get a grip !! we need more singing at games atmosphere is murder week in week out.

blueisthecolour
11-02-2010, 08:53 PM

Im starting to like you:not worth

Jamesie
11-02-2010, 08:59 PM
Hibs fans were singing 'the Hibs, The Hibs, The Hibs are on fire' at Pittodrie last time so it's no surprise that Aberdeen knew it could be easily turned into a positive chant

I'm sure the Aberdeen fans were singing "your house, your house, your house is on fire" to Riordan after there had been a blaze at his place through Falkirk way?

keep the faith
11-02-2010, 09:06 PM

:agree: I was thinking about this earlier. They like a bit of banter and have a humour the bigot brothers dont have,

I think we always have a bit of banter with the sheep and credit due for always coming through in numbers despite their team being shiote.

Removed
11-02-2010, 09:18 PM
:agree: I was thinking about this earlier. They like a bit of banter and have a humour the bigot brothers dont have,

I think we always have a bit of banter with the sheep and credit due for always coming through in numbers despite their team being shiote.

One of the flock who was there last night is in my team at work and we had a good chat about the game today - all very amicable and imo that's just about impossible with the rantics or merricks. The dons have no issues with the songs being sung in his opinion and they can give as good as they get.

And we agreed that their manager is a fud as well :greengrin

tbfhibs
11-02-2010, 09:20 PM
By far the best away support that comes to easter road,in numbers considering the miles they do and banter.

Antifa Hibs
11-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Fk Aberdeen and their fans. Small club still living in 1983 thinking the are Real Madrid, in reality they are about the same size of club as Dundee Utd, Dundee etc. Despise Aberdeen.

Numbers are swelled by gloryhunters in Edinburgh, same in Glasgow. The fact they took 500 to Motherwell, Killie, St Mirren etc proves that.