PDA

View Full Version : White/Black shirts at ER

LancsHibs
11-02-2010, 07:38 AM
Why oh why were we wearing our all white 'change' shirt at home:confused: Don't know about anybody else but when we wear our 'change' shirts when we don't have to, especially at Easter Road it really pi$$es me off.
I admit I am a traditionalist, but I just think its wrong, when I watch the Hibs I want us to play like the Hibs and look like the Hibs:grr::grr:

BTW just so i'm not a total moaning git....'MON THE HIBS, GET RIGHT INTO THEM HUNS, WHATEVER YOU WEAR!!:greengrin

sleeping giant
11-02-2010, 07:41 AM
I was thinking last night that the white strip is beautiful !
Stunning.

Love it :thumbsup:

HH81
11-02-2010, 07:44 AM
i would rather see hibs in green at home but in the grand old scheme of things its not that big of a deal.

J-C
11-02-2010, 07:53 AM
Why oh why were we wearing our all white 'change' shirt at home:confused: Don't know about anybody else but when we wear our 'change' shirts when we don't have to, especially at Easter Road it really pi$$es me off.
I admit I am a traditionalist, but I just think its wrong, when I watch the Hibs I want us to play like the Hibs and look like the Hibs:grr::grr:

BTW just so i'm not a total moaning git....'MON THE HIBS, GET RIGHT INTO THEM HUNS, WHATEVER YOU WEAR!!:greengrin

Maybe to do with shirt sales and the need to sell more of the white ones. :agree:

H18sry
11-02-2010, 07:56 AM
Maybe the green ones are still in the wash after Saturday its been rubbish drying weather . :devil:

hibbymark
11-02-2010, 08:21 AM

:top marks There is somthing special about the green strips under the floodlights as well. Dont have any idea why they changed to the away

strips .

Danderhall Hibs
11-02-2010, 08:26 AM
:top marks There is somthing special about the green strips under the floodlights as well. Dont have any idea why they changed to the away

strips .

To help visibility. :dunno:

H18sry
11-02-2010, 08:28 AM
Having rewatched the game on Alba, I can see Yogi's reasoning behind the white strips, as when trying to pick out a pass under lights the white strips stand out more than the green ones would, and as for the keeper wearing black I agree with that whole heartedly, as a keeper should not stand out and make it easier for opposing forwards to see him, it is better for us if a forward struggles to pick out a keeper when attempting a shot at goal.

sambajustice
11-02-2010, 08:41 AM
Having rewatched the game on Alba, I can see Yogi's reasoning behind the white strips, as when trying to pick out a pass under lights the white strips stand out more than the green ones would, and as for the keeper wearing black I agree with that whole heartedly, as a keeper should not stand out and make it easier for opposing forwards to see him, it is better for us if a forward struggles to pick out a keeper when attempting a shot at goal.

So you want the keeper to look as small as possible in the goals then?

I think there's a reason behind super loud chelsea goalkeeper shirts! To make them stand out as much as possible and make them look as big as possible!

WindyMiller
11-02-2010, 08:53 AM

I think there's a reason behind super loud chelsea goalkeeper shirts! To make them stand out as much as possible and make them look as big as possible!

I remember Peter Shilton wearing an all-White strip v Liverpool for that reason.
Keegan scored a hat-trick, he reckoned it made it easier for him that the keeper was so visible.

H18sry
11-02-2010, 08:53 AM

I cant agree with both your statements! It is easier to pick out a bright goalkeepers shirt in a mêlée whilst trying to score! And a dark innocuous strip gives the keeper an advantage! IMO!!!!!!!

WestEndHibee
11-02-2010, 10:13 AM

Think it's all to do with the higher visibility of the white shirt. Easier to distinguish your own team mates etc especially at night. Looks class though imho!