"keep the faith"

Jonnyboy
10-02-2010, 11:23 PM
Brilliant.

That is all.

:agree:

cockneymike
10-02-2010, 11:24 PM
Funny that - watched it on alba - and I actually thought he seemed to have a bit of a quiet game - nothing bad, just quiet. Just goes to show what you miss from watching on tv? Well done IM.

Stokes though, I thought was brilliant too.

macca70
10-02-2010, 11:24 PM
Murray was superb as usual, last 15-20 mins he was outstanding, winning every tackle he went in for and flying up that left side.

Jonnyboy
10-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Funny that - watched it on alba - and I actually thought he seemed to have a bit of a quiet game - nothing bad, just quiet. Just goes to show what you miss from watching on tv? Well done IM.

Stokes though, I thought was brilliant too.

Could this be the same Stokes who earned a very loud "You're a lazy ****ard Stokes" from the guy a few rows behind me in the stand? :wink:

Hibbie_Cameron
10-02-2010, 11:26 PM
I was disappointed when he left Hibs the first time but if he is allowed to leave again ill be :grr::grr::grr:

Despite the attacking options we have, Nid would be the first name on my team sheet every single week

davym7062
10-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Brilliant.

That is all.

:agree::agree:

cockneymike
10-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Could this be the same Stokes who earned a very loud "You're a lazy ****ard Stokes" from the guy a few rows behind me in the stand? :wink:

I can barely believe that, the number of lost causes he seemed to chase, he even closed downt their goalie when he was time wasting in the 87th minute just before the penalty was awarded.

Football eh? We all have an opinion and most of us are wrong! :greengrin

Hibercelona
10-02-2010, 11:31 PM
I was disappointed when he left Hibs the first time but if he is allowed to leave again ill be :grr::grr::grr:

Despite the attacking options we have, Nid would be the first name on my team sheet every single week

He can't be that good.

I never even realized he was playing today.

Or at the club for that matter. :wink:

I'll get my coat....

Jonnyboy
10-02-2010, 11:32 PM
I can barely believe that, the number of lost causes he seemed to chase, he even closed downt their goalie when he was time wasting in the 87th minute just before the penalty was awarded.

Football eh? We all have an opinion and most of us are wrong! :greengrin

I couldn't either and I reckon the guffaw's of laughter had the boy wondering why he'd shouted it :greengrin

whereswallace?
10-02-2010, 11:32 PM
The surge up the left from Murray at the end summed him up,knocked the ball past their guy in our half and stormed past him to set up another attack.Drive and determination,you cant put a price on that.GET HIM SIGNED UP NOW!!!

silverhibee
10-02-2010, 11:51 PM
Brilliant.

That is all.

Maybe trying to impress new clubs since he is in the position to talk to them.:wink::devil:

jakedance
11-02-2010, 12:04 AM

This maybe proves my theory that, in most cases, the louder the shouter the less they know.

borders.cabbage
11-02-2010, 12:05 AM
We need to get him to sign a new deal ASAP. Would be stupid to let him go for free twice. Make him captain and let him see out his career at Hibs.

RickyS
11-02-2010, 12:06 AM
I couldn't either and I reckon the guffaw's of laughter had the boy wondering why he'd shouted it :greengrin

it really hack's me off, everyone entitled to their opinion of course, but the same few guys around me, let their feelings be known a few times.

(1) **** sake Stokes your a ****in lazy bar steward. as Mulgrew let the ball go out for a bye kick. no comment about the ******* pass he was running after.

(2) Get into the ****in game Nish, your ****in *******. hows that **** out jumpin you. (zander diamond climbin all over him)

(3) Get to **** Rankin, your no good enough to wear that shirt. **** off back to inverness.

all said within earshot of the players, can't understand why there has to be a scapegoat.

RickyS
11-02-2010, 12:07 AM
We need to get him to sign a new deal ASAP. Would be stupid to let him go for free twice. Make him captain and let him see out his career at Hibs.

what he said:top marks

Littlest Hobo
11-02-2010, 12:16 AM
MAGNIFICO:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Hibby Bairn
11-02-2010, 07:21 AM
Strange game. I thought this was one of IM's poorer games. Barely won a ball in the air all night and was caught out several times positionally in the first half. Until Aberdeen went 9 at the back he was under pressure quite a bit. But eventually led the team to a draw when he was given more space to play in.

lucky
11-02-2010, 07:39 AM
He had a poor first hour. But came on really strong as the sheep camped in their box. He kept Hibs driving forward after Spoony had been taken off. The gave us an out ball on the left. I hope he signs on again unless Yogis got someone better in mind

Part/Time Supporter
11-02-2010, 07:40 AM
He had a poor first hour. But came on really strong as the sheep camped in their box. He kept Hibs driving forward after Spoony had been taken off. The gave us an out ball on the left. I hope he signs on again unless Yogis got someone better in mind

Murray came on to a very strong game, but was below average before that and was at fault for the first goal.

KerPlunk
11-02-2010, 07:45 AM
We need to get him to sign a new deal ASAP. Would be stupid to let him go for free twice. Make him captain, let him see out his career at ER and then get him on the Hibs coaching staff.

Fixed. :wink:

Delboy4
11-02-2010, 07:57 AM

Spoke to Mr Petrie last night in Behind the Goals about Ian Murray - he said the ball is in his court, it's up to him. They have made him a good offer to sign but he is entitled to take his time...

He didn't seem to be bothered about the situation!

I told RP that all the fans on Hibs.net are just waiting on the good news of IM signing so we can settle down knowing that he is staying - he just smiled and said we will have to just wait and see...:confused: Then walked off. :grr:

I was thinking after he walked away to speak to another supporter - Imagine the Yams chairman walking about their club/ground before the match - He would be linched :faf:

EskbankHibby
11-02-2010, 08:35 AM

Murray came on to a very strong game, but was below average before that and was at fault for the first goal.

Not often you see Murray getting out-muscled in a challenge but he did for the first ball for their first goal.

Not really a mistake imo more a "could have done better" moment, for the record i thought the sheep were excellent in the first half, one of the hrdest halfs we have had all season.

Murray came on to a superb game though, we would really miss him if he goes.

IWasThere2016
11-02-2010, 08:49 AM
Maybe trying to impress new clubs since he is in the position to talk to them.:wink::devil:

ENOUGH OF THAT!!! :grr:

TornadoHibby
11-02-2010, 08:50 AM
Murray was superb as usual, last 15-20 mins he was outstanding, winning every tackle he went in for and flying up that left side.

:top marks

Typical Murray IMO although "could have done better for the header he lost leading to the first goal! :agree:

IWasThere2016
11-02-2010, 09:16 AM
:top marks

Typical Murray IMO although "could have done better for the header he lost leading to the first goal! :agree:

Look like McDonald was climbing on him to me :wink:

Andy74
11-02-2010, 09:40 AM
Murray was average but ended the game well. Certainly lost out for the first goal though.

If Murray wants to leave we'll survive!

Kerrplunk
11-02-2010, 10:03 AM
Brilliant.

That is all.

Thought Murray had his poorest game for a long time in the 1st half but was back to the Murray we all know and love in the 2nd half.

Stokes and Rankin were outstanding - amazing change in Stokes fitness over the last couple of months,hats off to the coaching staff for that i say :thumbsup:

Franck is God
11-02-2010, 11:42 AM
I thought Murray was very poor tonight and was at fault for their goal, if Hogg had lost that header this thread would be about why he shouldn't be captain and that he is too small to be a centre half.

Murray was beaten most times in the air by Mackie and only came on to a game when Aberdeen removed all their attacking players and sat back to hit us on the break.

I like Ian Murray and would like him to sign a new contract but I'm not sure if he's as good as the player that left for Rangers.

ChicoM1875
11-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Thought Murray had his poorest game for a long time in the 1st half but was back to the Murray we all know and love in the 2nd half.

Stokes and Rankin were outstanding - amazing change in Stokes fitness over the last couple of months,hats off to the coaching staff for that i say :thumbsup:

The whole team were poor in the first half. We also had diabolical luck, four of the worst officials in scottish football, and Aberdeen played some good one touch stuff for the first 20 mins.

Stokes was brilliant in the second half, chasing every ball. And Rankin had probably his best game this season, but Murray in the second half, and in particularly the last 15 mins when we were piling on the pressure was immense. Absolutely fearless in every challenge, and some bombing runs down the left.

Totally agree with your comment about Stokes' fitness.

Cropley10
11-02-2010, 04:26 PM
I thought Murray was very poor tonight and was at fault for their goal, if Hogg had lost that header this thread would be about why he shouldn't be captain and that he is too small to be a centre half.

Murray was beaten most times in the air by Mackie and only came on to a game when Aberdeen removed all their attacking players and sat back to hit us on the break.

I like Ian Murray and would like him to sign a new contract but I'm not sure if he's as good as the player that left for Rangers.

Ian Murray is a key player for us and we are much weaker without him.

Sorry but I can't agree with anything you've written.

Scotthibs1875
11-02-2010, 06:22 PM
The whole team were poor in the first half. We also had diabolical luck, four of the worst officials in scottish football, and Aberdeen played some good one touch stuff for the first 20 mins.

Stokes was brilliant in the second half, chasing every ball. And Rankin had probably his best game this season, but Murray in the second half, and in particularly the last 15 mins when we were piling on the pressure was immense. Absolutely fearless in every challenge, and some bombing runs down the left.

Totally agree with your comment about Stokes' fitness.
Disagree totally. If it wasn't for Nish playing he would have been the most frustrating player on the park. He will do something impressive and then do something stupid straight after it, for example St. Mirren's goal the other week.Also, towards the end he picked up the ball and booted the ball up when it was obvious the strikers were offside.

Penrith Hibee
11-02-2010, 06:53 PM

Spot on! Said the very same thing to my brother and thought he looked unfit in that first half.

Rankin was immense in the second half, as was Stokes, Zemamma and Spoony. Also thought Miller had a shocker all night. Bring on the huns....

ChicoM1875
11-02-2010, 08:33 PM
Disagree totally. If it wasn't for Nish playing he would have been the most frustrating player on the park. He will do something impressive and then do something stupid straight after it, for example St. Mirren's goal the other week.Also, towards the end he picked up the ball and booted the ball up when it was obvious the strikers were offside.

I was raging when he did that right enough because we had them under the cosh at the point. His decision making is suspect, but that is better than I've seen him all season. I dont rate him as much as the majority of the team, but I was impressed by the shift he put in. For one of the shortest players on the park he won absolutely loads of headers in the centre of the park and made some good turns in possession to beat his man.

He really does need to stop shooting from outside the box though.

silverhibee
12-02-2010, 11:19 AM
ENOUGH OF THAT!!! :grr:

Just jesting TQM, Yogi has already said that IM will sign a new contract next week.:wink:

Danderhall Hibs
12-02-2010, 11:22 AM
Also, towards the end he picked up the ball and booted the ball up when it was obvious the strikers were offside.

:agree: Stokes was even running out with his hands up saying "I'm offside"

Just jesting TQM, Yogi has already said that IM will sign a new contract next week.:wink:

Announcement to be made the same day as the new stand is made public? Those pesky lawyers are probably dragging their heels with this as well...

Hakim Sar
12-02-2010, 12:19 PM

strongly disagree. thought rankin was oustanding.

rankin buzzing about infront of the defence doing the donkey work is a different animal to the hopeless rankin of before that simply cannot join attacking phases of play together / shoulder responsibility to unlock a team.

thought he was terrific at making a nuisance of himself and winning tackles. leave the attacking stuff to miller/zouma et al and we are on to a winner!!

on a slightly different point I made a remark to my friend in east stand that there are some (but a sizeable number none the less) in the terrace who, through constant criticising and negative analysing, try to make it appear that they are know it alls and know the game inside out. it is striking that the same people are unable to praise any aspect of the team and are literally silent if they cannot complain. now I am not relating this to the comment above, but rankin is my example here....

too many will completely destroy rankin and abuse him endlessly if he doesnt do something amazing - then when he tries something amazing and it doesnt come off he is called every name under the sun for being so stupid as to try it in the first place.

really thought rankin had one of his best games for us the other night

Www1875hfc
12-02-2010, 12:26 PM

Ian Murray will sign a new contract! I was speaking to a close friend of his this morning and he said he is definitely signing a new contract and will be done and dusted very shortly!

Hibs90
12-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Don't think Murray's been the same for a few months now. No longer do you see him charging down the wing like he was doing at the start of the season. No longer do you see 3-5 dangerous tackles.

Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Danderhall Hibs
12-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Don't think Murray's been the same for a few months now. No longer do you see him charging down the wing like he was doing at the start of the season. No longer do you see 3-5 dangerous tackles.

Maybe I'm just paranoid.

How many weeks ago was it when he crossed the ball for the winner against St Mirren?

bawheid
12-02-2010, 01:37 PM

Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Did you leave at HT on Wednesday?

Part/Time Supporter
12-02-2010, 01:40 PM

Even in the limited BBC highlights, at least two of the Hibs attacks feature Murray prominently.

Hibs90
12-02-2010, 01:48 PM
How many weeks ago was it when he crossed the ball for the winner against St Mirren?

I left a few minutes before the end and missed that.

No I left at FT. Yes a couple of runs but he only really does it at the tail-end of the game now where as before he would be constantly at them. Don't get me wrong, Murray is a great player I just don't think he's looked the same for a while.

Spoonjilloun
12-02-2010, 05:10 PM
I heard Ian Murray has signed a new contract today but couldn't find anything on Hibs.net. Has anyone else heard?

monktonharp
12-02-2010, 05:16 PM
I heard Ian Murray has signed a new contract today but couldn't find anything on Hibs.net. Has anyone else heard?awrite,source? or was it yer ma,cousin,dug that said it?

Spoonjilloun
12-02-2010, 05:23 PM
awrite,source? or was it yer ma,cousin,dug that said it?

Someone from my travel section text my dad. Know that kind of source ain't good enough for people on here but that's why I am asking if anyone has heard anything?

Part/Time Supporter
12-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Someone from my travel section text my dad. Know that kind of source ain't good enough for people on here but that's why I am asking if everyone has heard anything?

He probably read it on here

monktonharp
12-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Someone from my travel section text my dad. Know that kind of source ain't good enough for people on here but that's why I am asking if anyone has heard anything?Not questioning your sincerity,and hope yer Da is right but IM could be holding his cards closer to his chest,this time:wink:

Billychaotic182
12-02-2010, 05:52 PM
If he has signed that would make my day lol:thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
14-02-2010, 10:19 AM
A wee update on this people.

IM will either sign a new contract or he wont.

Make of that what you will, But its 100 % FACT.

whereswallace?
14-02-2010, 12:10 PM

:agree: I can back you up on that.The info i have from people in the know is the exact same.

IWasThere2016
14-02-2010, 02:00 PM

You sure Andy. That's unbelievable IMHO