PDA

View Full Version : Teams getting the breaks against us.

down the slope
11-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Is it just me or are teams we play at ER getting every break going ?, i have an ongoing argument that visiting teams just seem to boot the ball up the park and it invariably lands at the feet of the opposition even if they have only one man up.

patlowe
11-02-2010, 12:08 AM
Is it just me or are teams we play at ER getting every break going ?, i have an ongoing argument that visiting teams just seem to boot the ball up the park and it invariably lands at the feet of the opposition even if they have only one man up.

I would suggest that we have had plenty breaks fall our way this season, ie last minute own goals and several soft penalties. In saying that, Celtic, Dundee Utd and to a certain extent, Rangers, got lucky at ER this season so it's swings and roundabouts!

zlatan
11-02-2010, 12:10 AM
I would suggest that we have had plenty breaks fall our way this season. ie last minute own goals and several soft penalties.

:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
11-02-2010, 12:12 AM
I would suggest that we have had plenty breaks fall our way this season, ie last minute own goals and several soft penalties. In saying that, Celtic, Dundee Utd and to a certain extent, Rangers, got lucky at ER this season so it's swings and roundabouts!

Scoring a goal in the last minute isn't anymore of a lucky break than scoring in the 1st minute or even the 51st minute.

Several soft penalties?

patlowe
11-02-2010, 12:14 AM
Scoring a goal in the last minute isn't anymore of a lucky break than scoring in the 1st minute or even the 51st minute.

Several soft penalties?

Fair point but what I'm saying is that we've had luck on our side as much as not this season as far as I can see. The penalty remark was referring to the penalty Benji won against Killie earlier in the season and tonight's (which looked soft but I've yet to see since the game).

matty_f
11-02-2010, 12:17 AM

Several soft penalties?

I've said loads of times this season that we never seem to get the rub of the green with things. I dunno why this would be, or whether I only notice it because it's Hibs, but it definitely feels like other teams benefit from lucky bounces etc far more than we do.

zlatan
11-02-2010, 12:38 AM

I've said loads of times this season that we never seem to get the rub of the green with things. I dunno why this would be, or whether I only notice it because it's Hibs, but it definitely feels like other teams benefit from lucky bounces etc far more than we do.

I think we've carried our luck several times this season with tonight being the latest example. We played well but Aberdeen had much better chances than us, even in the 2nd half when hitting the bar and Duff doing whatever the hell that was with the goal gaping. Compare that to our goals which came from a Langfield howler and a very soft penalty and Aberdeen fans will be feeling mighty peeved tonight.

I'm sure there are several examples of us being lucky and unlucky this season if people were going to go into it but right now I'm more than happy to think we're getting the rub of the green in our current position :greengrin

Juice-Terry
11-02-2010, 08:22 AM

I hear you. I get that feeling as well.

'Mon the Cabbage!

HFC 0-7
11-02-2010, 08:27 AM

If this happens its either a very good pass or bad defending IMO, its not bad luck.

RoscoHibby
11-02-2010, 08:40 AM
Totally agree with the OP. Having seen the goals again, both of the sheep goals were in the '1 in 20' category, fair enough had a couple of clear cut chances, but their 2 goals were virtually 1/4 chances.

Evens itself out over a season apparently though....:rolleyes:

hibsbollah
11-02-2010, 09:07 AM
Every supporter notices breaks going against his team more than for his team. If anything I think we've had more than our fair share of the breaks this season. I havent seen us robbed of any points by the ref or a lucky break yet, for example.

davemcbain
11-02-2010, 09:21 AM
I think we've carried our luck several times this season with tonight being the latest example. We played well but Aberdeen had much better chances than us, even in the 2nd half when hitting the bar and Duff doing whatever the hell that was with the goal gaping. Compare that to our goals which came from a Langfield howler and a very soft penalty and Aberdeen fans will be feeling mighty peeved tonight.

Penalty was a very clear handball - which deflected a soft header. Not as stonewall as the juggling act in the first half when we were 1-0 down (3 separate touches by the sheep defender btw) but still a clear pen.

Last night I think both sheep goals were very well taken, but very much against the run of play. On another night we could have won that game by many-0.

Luck? just a two way street unless you buy it.

Phil MaGlass
11-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Or could it be that we are getting the breaks home and away?:wink:
as EARL would say,Karma

ahibby
11-02-2010, 02:56 PM

There might be something in that but we do have players who can dispossess them in and out of our box.