PDA

View Full Version : Zander Diamond's dive at the end..

The_Horde
10-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Straight from the Pressley book of diving.

Absolutely shocking dive. :bitchy:

Jonnyboy
10-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Straight from the Pressley book of diving.

Absolutely shocking dive. :bitchy:

Should be a straight red IMO if a player dives to try and win a penalty - only way to stop it

PC Stamp
10-02-2010, 11:22 PM
Gary McDonald was the culprit IIRC?

Danderhall Hibs
10-02-2010, 11:23 PM

:agree: It was.

Jonnyboy
10-02-2010, 11:24 PM

:agree: It was.

Correct but regardless he should have been red carded IMO

macca70
10-02-2010, 11:29 PM
You could take your pick of there dives, think the OP might be referring to the very last minute, think it was our last attack when Diamond performed a salmon leap on edge of his own box.

PC Stamp
10-02-2010, 11:41 PM
Correct but regardless he should have been red carded IMO
I'd agree with that being the best way to sort it John. Blatant cheating dive = red card. However I felt it was a tad harsh that big Zander was getting the blame for it from the OP. He's pish enough as it is without needing to be accused of being a pish diver as well! :wink:

If it was the one referred to by macca70 however then maybe it wasn't so harsh! :greengrin

The_Horde
11-02-2010, 12:16 AM
I'd agree with that being the best way to sort it John. Blatant cheating dive = red card. However I felt it was a tad harsh that big Zander was getting the blame for it from the OP. He's pish enough as it is without needing to be accused of being a pish diver as well! :wink:

If it was the one referred to by macca70 however then maybe it wasn't so harsh! :greengrin

I am on about the one Macca referred to, when Stokes stuck his leg out and he just leaped. :agree:

It's bad enough being accused of diving, never mind looking like Zander Diamond.

lapsedhibee
11-02-2010, 12:27 AM
On the bright side, though off topic a bit, Engerlish commentators are at last starting to report when Engerlish players dive. Gerrard did two classic Gerrard dives against Arsenal - one when he ran into the box, deliberately clicked his own heels and then fell over, and another when he just fell over ("went down too easily"). Things are looking up when Engerlish commentators notice Engerlish players diving, as it's not something they've ever really managed before. Maybe refs will eventually follow suit - tonight it was just a booking for the foreigner (Bendtner) that dived, nothing for Gerrard.

cabbageandribs1875
11-02-2010, 12:45 AM
You could take your pick of there dives, think the OP might be referring to the very last minute, think it was our last attack when Diamond performed a salmon leap on edge of his own box.

diamond cleverly 'left his leg in' after stokes tackled him:agree:

On the bright side, though off topic a bit, Engerlish commentators are at last starting to report when Engerlish players dive. Gerrard did two classic Gerrard dives against Arsenal - one when he ran into the box, deliberately clicked his own heels and then fell over, and another when he just fell over ("went down too easily"). Things are looking up when Engerlish commentators notice Engerlish players diving, as it's not something they've ever really managed before. Maybe refs will eventually follow suit - tonight it was just a booking for the foreigner (Bendtner) that dived, nothing for Gerrard.

i mentioned in another thread a few months back about the amount of diving gerrard does :agree: but some old codger ticked me off because gerrard is a really nice guy off the field and he wouldnt do things like that :rolleyes::boo hoo:

Dunbar Hibee
11-02-2010, 01:41 AM
diamond cleverly 'left his leg in' after stokes tackled him:agree:

i mentioned in another thread a few months back about the amount of diving gerrard does :agree: but some old codger ticked me off because gerrard is a really nice guy off the field and he wouldnt do things like that :rolleyes::boo hoo:

:agree: Gerrard has always been a diving, cheating *******.

1two
11-02-2010, 07:03 AM
Should be a straight red IMO if a player dives to try and win a penalty - only way to stop it

Can you imagine a cup final, player goes down in the box and should be a pen but the ref decides it was a dive and sends him off. :devil:

I agree though, diving is cheating and should be a straight red but that rule will never be brought in