PDA

View Full Version : Penalty

down-the-slope
10-02-2010, 09:57 PM
At first time of seeing live I did not think it was a penalty..

I do think th eearlier claim for hand ball was one

Also after we got second Nish being shoved over in th ebox was a bigger shout for a penalty than th eone we got.

Wotherspiniesta
10-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Definate handball :agree:

hibee_girl
10-02-2010, 10:02 PM
It was a stonewall penalty :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2010, 10:04 PM
At first time of seeing live I did not think it was a penalty..

I do think th eearlier claim for hand ball was one

Also after we got second Nish being shoved over in th ebox was a bigger shout for a penalty than th eone we got.

Nish was bundled over in box, another penalty in my book.... How many times again tonight was he fouled, but referee waved play on:grr:

down-the-slope
10-02-2010, 10:05 PM
wait and see 3 shouts on Alba and then tell me....I cant get it :boo hoo:

Titch
10-02-2010, 10:08 PM
the ball is headed onto his hand which is raised in the air STONEWALLER from where i was in the ff

Prof. Shaggy
10-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Definite penalty and the third shout for handball.
The first one, when Kerr catches the ball, HAS to be a penalty!

Danderhall Hibs
10-02-2010, 11:27 PM
Seen it on ALBA now and Diamond's not facing the ball but his arm is up - so it's a penalty.

davym7062
10-02-2010, 11:28 PM
soft imo.but happy to say it was a stonewaller:thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
10-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Definite penalty and the third shout for handball.
The first one, when Kerr catches the ball, HAS to be a penalty!

Was that the one in the 1st half? Riordan stopped playing because it was such an obvious penalty, Kerr then ran away and tapped Riordan on the arse as if to say "nae luck"

(((Fergus)))
11-02-2010, 02:17 AM
Seen it on ALBA now and Diamond's not facing the ball but his arm is up - so it's a penalty.

Looked like ball played hand to me. Is it the rule that if your arm is raised you are liable anyway?

matty_f
11-02-2010, 02:22 AM
Looked like ball played hand to me. Is it the rule that if your arm is raised you are liable anyway?

I think that's how the referees interpret it - if the hands are up unnaturally high and the ball hits them then they'll give it.

I think the ref had bottled out of giving us a couple of penalties earlier, and I think that the penalty we got was by far and away the softest claim of the lot.

I thought Gow should have had a penalty when he was tripped chasing a ball down on the left, but the ref gave the free kick Aberdeen's way:confused:.

Would have been interesting to see how the game would have panned out with a good referee in charge, rather than that clown tonight.

bob12345
11-02-2010, 04:21 AM
Think that was Nish at the end and was the decision not offisde?

Part/Time Supporter
11-02-2010, 06:58 AM

Diamond moved his arm towards the ball to block it. It wasn't as if the "jumping in the air" excuse applied, his arms had already been up and were coming back down. Then when Nish headers the ball his right arm comes back up about 30 degrees, blocking the ball. Penalty.

The one with Mulgrew, the referee could argue that he has made no motion to handle the ball => not deliberate.

Yogi makes these two points in his post match radio interview.