PDA

View Full Version : Brilliant fighting spirit and atmosphere

California-Hibs
10-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Firstly, what a brilliant 2nd half performance from Hibs. One of the best. Everysingle player on the park was immense, and when it came to bringing on the subs i felt for the guys coming off. Credit to Zemmama, Gow and Benji though, because they all, as they did against Montrose, changed the game.
I think one of the main reasons for the superb comeback was the atmospher that we created, you could just see the confidence that was coming through the players from it! :agree:

If someone had said before tonight that we'd be 15 above Hearts, and 4 above United, i'd have taken it.

Once again well played to the boys, i thought they were outstanding! :thumbsup:

ps: 2 defeats in our last 20 games! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Long suffering
10-02-2010, 09:47 PM
Yep fantastic fightback from the boys, Rankin was excellent.

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Firstly, what a brilliant 2nd half performance from Hibs. One of the best. Everysingle player on the park was immense, and when it came to bringing on the subs i felt for the guys coming off. Credit to Zemmama, Gow and Benji though, because they all, as they did against Montrose, changed the game.
I think one of the main reasons for the superb comeback was the atmospher that we created, you could just see the confidence that was coming through the players from it! :agree:

If someone had said before tonight that we'd be 15 above Hearts, and 4 above United, i'd have taken it.

I personally thought the atmosphere was dreadful, certainly in first half with the players getting a hard time, and then booed off pitch.....

Not a great deal of singing tonight, but great comeback all the same

Sas_The_Hibby
10-02-2010, 09:53 PM
I personally thought the atmosphere was dreadful, certainly in first half with the players getting a hard time, and then booed off pitch.....

Poor atmosphere first half, certainly but much much better in the second.

Twa Cairpets
10-02-2010, 09:54 PM

You're having a laugh right? Or were you sitting in a cludgie with earphones in?

Best atmosphere this season by a country mile, and even if that isnt too much of a challenge, it still was - especially in the second half - pretty good.

Hainan Hibs
10-02-2010, 09:55 PM
East Stand should've been doing better.

:devil::greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2010, 09:58 PM
You're having a laugh right? Or were you sitting in a cludgie with earphones in?

Best atmosphere this season by a country mile, and even if that isnt too much of a challenge, it still was - especially in the second half - pretty good.

I must be mutton jeff then......

Twa Cairpets
10-02-2010, 10:00 PM
I must be mutton jeff then......

And there we have the answer....

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Poor atmosphere first half, certainly but much much better in the second.

certainly could only improve after the first half when the home support was library esque

Malthibby
10-02-2010, 10:05 PM
I couldn't hear the East for the racket coming from the West; the prawns were raining down.:greengrin
Thought the crowd got right behind the team in the second half. A good night bar the elusive winner.
GG

scotty1875
10-02-2010, 10:07 PM
I was in the South stand.

Could hear a pin drop in the home stands first half - apart from a few songs in the east until they scored - which mirrored the Hibs performance first half.

Agree that second half all the home sections got behind the team well.

Tonight was the first time in ages that the west stand sounded like the west stand of old:thumbsup:

Hibee-Rocker
10-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Thats only my second game this season.. And if thats the best atmosphere thats there's been all season.. Then oh dear...

monktonharp
10-02-2010, 10:11 PM

Not a great deal of singing tonight, but great comeback all the samealways with a slight dig eh? folk were getting annoyed at some silly mistakes in the first half and as for booing,surely that clown o' a ref had a bit part? The fans gave the team backing from first minute of the 2nd half,not bad I thought.

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2010, 10:13 PM
always with a slight dig eh? folk were getting annoyed at some silly mistakes in the first half and as for booing,surely that clown o' a ref had a bit part? The fans gave the team backing from first minute of the 2nd half,not bad I thought.

Not a dig at all, just stating how I saw it..... Try not to take it so personally

greenlex
10-02-2010, 11:00 PM

I am sorry but other than scoring the penalty Benji did nothing and Gow was a passenger other than the cross that led to the penalty.:confused: I forgot they were both on the park to be honest.

davym7062
10-02-2010, 11:01 PM
Thats only my second game this season.. And if thats the best atmosphere thats there's been all season.. Then oh dear...

:agree::agree:

Lmc2105
10-02-2010, 11:01 PM
I fought that the atmosphere in the 2nd half was fantastic and a believe helped the team to what i would say was a strong decent performance and gives me great confidence for going into Sunday

so all hibees gives yourselves a huge bit of credit for helping the team:notworthy::thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
10-02-2010, 11:03 PM
Second half for atmosphere and comeback was like having the slope there again :wink:

The Voice Of Reason
10-02-2010, 11:08 PM

Please don't take this the wrong way.....but are you deef ?!? :wink:

Yogi even goes out of his way to praise the supporters for getting right behind the team in his BBC interview :-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8509663.stm

I find it bizarre that you thought the atmosphere was "dreadful". :confused:

MGmick
10-02-2010, 11:09 PM

Yep fantastic fightback from the boys, Rankin was excellent.

Yep, the keeper threw one in and we scored a penalty. Meanwhile, they hit the bar and missed an open goal.

Awesome!

Oh! and some people sang and shouted a bit.

lEXO
10-02-2010, 11:34 PM
I am sorry but other than scoring the penalty Benji did nothing and Gow was a passenger other than the cross that led to the penalty.:confused: I forgot they were both on the park to be honest.
Both subs that came on and contributed to the second goal, and you forgot they were on the park! My word,if you cant give them credit for helping us turn a defeat into a draw given the limited time on the park, what chance do they have?:rolleyes:

greenlex
10-02-2010, 11:38 PM
Both subs that came on and contributed to the second goal, and you forgot they were on the park! My word,if you cant give them credit for helping us turn a defeat into a draw given the limited time on the park, what chance do they have?:rolleyes:
In the context of the OP they were below par IMO. So away and roll yer eyes elsewhere.

Future17
10-02-2010, 11:43 PM

Good point. I blame the Hibs fans who only make it to 2 games in over half a season. :rolleyes:

lEXO
10-02-2010, 11:46 PM
Yep, the keeper threw one in and we scored a penalty. Meanwhile, they hit the bar and missed an open goal.

Awesome!

Aye it,s much better when everybody shuts up and we get beat eh? People moan when we play well and there is no atmosphere.Well tonight we did,nt play well,but second half the team battered into it and the fans were louder than normal.No one said it was awesome, but if you want to be so negative and patronising, bash on.Par for the course for some.

lEXO
10-02-2010, 11:50 PM
In the context of the OP they were below par IMO. So away and roll yer eyes elsewhere.
They were subs that contributed to us getting something from the game, so dont be so petty. Oh and i,ll roll my eyes here if you dont mind.:rolleyes:

bingo70
11-02-2010, 12:22 AM
Can't be arsed reading the whole thread but i had a mate from manchester at the game tonight who's always thought that scottish football was a lot of ****, after the first half he was trying to be polite and tell me he was enoying it when he clearly wasn't.............after the second half though the game was the ****ing bomb!

Littlest Hobo
11-02-2010, 12:38 AM
Aye it,s much better when everybody shuts up and we get beat eh? People moan when we play well and there is no atmosphere.Well tonight we did,nt play well,but second half the team battered into it and the fans were louder than normal.No one said it was awesome, but if you want to be so negative and patronising, bash on.Par for the course for some.

:applause::thumbsup::agree:

Hibee-Rocker
11-02-2010, 02:12 AM
Good point. I blame the Hibs fans who only make it to 2 games in over half a season. :rolleyes:

Well seeing as it's my first season without a book since 2005...

Maybe your lucky enough to have have a job that lets you support a family and afford a season book at the same time, unfortunately im not in such a position more...

2nd half was a good atmosphere, but best all season, even better than the Hearts game? Surley not

Big90inOz
11-02-2010, 03:14 AM
There was some good singing in the early part of the1st half, went a bit quiet when Aberdeen got their 2nd. Thought the support was really up for it in the 2nd half and really helped to lift the team.

Must have been loud...... could hear it all the way to Oz :greengrin

Definately the loudest heard at Easter Road this season :agree:

:top marks to all the singers

superbam
11-02-2010, 06:31 AM

Awesome!

What a life-sapping post.

And we wonder why the atmosphere at easter road is pish....

HFC 0-7
11-02-2010, 07:09 AM

First half was probably the quietest game so far this season, second half after we scored, for about 10 mins the atmosphere was probably the best, all 3 home stands joining in the singing! If only it would happen all the time!

WestEndHibee
11-02-2010, 10:23 AM

So what you're saying is. other than changing the game... they did nothing to change the game?:confused::confused:

surely creating and scoring an equaliser had some effect on the game?

greenlex
11-02-2010, 04:56 PM
So what you're saying is. other than changing the game... they did nothing to change the game?:confused::confused:

surely creating and scoring an equaliser had some effect on the game?
Well actually thats exactly what I'm saying. :greengrin
I have just watched it on Alba. They both touched the ball once before creating and scoring the equaliser in the 88th minute despite Bengi being on from the 72nd minute and Gow from the 76th minute.
They did get a couple of touches each in the last minute of injury time though so to say I forgot they were on the park in an earlier post is stop on. :greengrin
Look I am not trying to be negative here it is merely an observation.
To praise them the same as Zemmama doesnt seem right though. Just my opinion. Now where are my rollin eyes....................... oh there they are. :rolleyes:

monktonharp
11-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Well actually thats exactly what I'm saying. :greengrin
I have just watched it on Alba. They both touched the ball once before creating and scoring the equaliser in the 88th minute despite Bengi being on from the 72nd minute and Gow from the 76th minute.
They did get a couple of touches each in the last minute of injury time though so to say I forgot they were on the park in an earlier post is stop on. :greengrin
Look I am not trying to be negative here it is merely an observation.
To praise them the same as Zemmama doesnt seem right though. Just my opinion. Now where are my rollin eyes....................... oh there they are. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

BoltonHibee
11-02-2010, 07:38 PM
I have been fairly negative about Hibs this season, in the games that I have attended or watched on the TV or Internet.

Got to say I thought, Hibs played pretty well yesterday, the 1st half also. OK lost two goals, 1 poorly defended and the other a bit of a freak goal. 2nd half we really went for it and laid seige at Aberdeen.

I also thought the atmosphere at the game was pretty decent, the best I have heard in a long time. Yes there was a chorus of boos at half time but that aside it was good. The 2nd half was cracking!

basehibby
11-02-2010, 07:39 PM

Agreed - for the first half only though. When I was coming in I was going to ask someone what the minute's silence was for when the sheep fans struck up with a song and I realised the game had already started!
I dunno what it is with the Hibs support these days but there seems to be a collective apathy that pervades the place along the lines of "sing??? who me??? but that's everyone elses job!"
Things DID improve massively in the second half - moreso after Stokes scored and Zemama did his best to whip the East up into a frenzy - and the East duly obliged.

Baldy Foghorn
11-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Agreed - for the first half only though. When I was coming in I was going to ask someone what the minute's silence was for when the sheep fans struck up with a song and I realised the game had already started!
I dunno what it is with the Hibs support these days but there seems to be a collective apathy that pervades the place along the lines of "sing??? who me??? but that's everyone elses job!"
Things DID improve massively in the second half - moreso after Stokes scored and Zemama did his best to whip the East up into a frenzy - and the East duly obliged.

2nd half the team played so much better and that it turn gee'd up the fans.....

Is this a two way street, or should we as fans not generate an atmosphere even at 0-0??:confused:

We seem to only really get behind the team when we are doing well, or chasing games etc IMO

HibeeHutch
11-02-2010, 07:47 PM
Let's just forget the first half as it really wasn't worth remembering - and that goes for the atmosphere as well.

The second half however was terrific. The work rate really was excelent and the crowd also played their part especially after we clawed the first goal back. Ian Murray was exemplorary.

John Rankin is still not what's required though.

Baldy Foghorn
11-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Let's just forget the first half as it really wasn't worth remembering - and that goes for the atmosphere as well.

The second half however was terrific. The work rate really was excelent and the crowd also played their part especially after we clawed the first goal back. Ian Murray was exemplorary.

John Rankin is still not what's required though.

Totally disagree with your last sentence. JR is another influential player for us.....