PDA

View Full Version : Tonights crowd

Bob Box Fish
10-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Wasn't at this one. BBC reporting just over 10k bit suprised if that is true?

Riordans Boots
10-02-2010, 09:05 PM

The East stand singing made up for those of us who couldny make it tonight= 10k :agree:

Zondervan
10-02-2010, 09:11 PM
The East stand singing made up for those of us who couldny make it tonight= 10k :agree:

What singing? East Terracing = worst songs in SPL.

Do you really think a low rumble of "10 men couldnae carry Nade" is going to inspire the Hibs players. And "The Sheep are on Fire" sounded TEN times louder from the away end as it did from the home end.

What you also find is that the "noise" that occurred for 15 - 20 minutes after the 1st Hibs goal came from all the home stands, not just from the mythical East.

Nakedmanoncrack
10-02-2010, 09:24 PM
Complete absence of atmosphere tonight until the fight back started, felt like an end of season game with nothing at stake.

macca70
10-02-2010, 09:26 PM
10469 according to sky sports

Ants
10-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Complete absence of atmosphere tonight until the fight back started, felt like an end of season game with nothing at stake.

Imagine being at Tynecastle for their next game then.......

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-02-2010, 09:35 PM

Do you really think a low rumble of "10 men couldnae carry Nade" is going to inspire the Hibs players. And "The Sheep are on Fire" sounded TEN times louder from the away end as it did from the home end.

What you also find is that the "noise" that occurred for 15 - 20 minutes after the 1st Hibs goal came from all the home stands, not just from the mythical East.

Utter nonsence! The atmosphere was good in the east tonite(and im not someone who bangs on about the atmosphere usually) And how can u hear the 'low mumble' of the nade song yet not hear the hibs songs that were sung for pretty much the entire second half?? And 'the sheep are on fire' probably wasnt that loud coz not everyone in the stand wanted to sing about a guy being set on fire :confused:

Elephant Stone
10-02-2010, 09:38 PM
The atmosphere was great tonight. I thought the East were the loudest they've been all season.

The_Todd
10-02-2010, 09:38 PM

I don't get this attack on the East by the everyone else. They all expect to hear the East make noise without contributing a jot themselves.

I heard more noise from 1000 sheep than the West and FF put together.

Row H
10-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Utter nonsence! The atmosphere was good in the east tonite(and im not someone who bangs on about the atmosphere usually) And how can u hear the 'low mumble' of the nade song yet not hear the hibs songs that were sung for pretty much the entire second half?? And 'the sheep are on fire' probably wasnt that loud coz not everyone in the stand wanted to sing about a guy being set on fire :confused:

Totally agree, thought the atmosphere(East Stand especially) was bouncing tonight once we got it back to two one. I agree with the earlier poster who said that it gave the players a visible lift, it was clearly evident and we had Aberdeen on the ropes for most of the 2nd half. Gutted we couldnt find a winner late on although the way the officials were behaving tonight they would probably have cancelled it for offside/foul in any event.

GGTTH

monktonharp
10-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Utter nonsence! The atmosphere was good in the east tonite(and im not someone who bangs on about the atmosphere usually) And how can u hear the 'low mumble' of the nade song yet not hear the hibs songs that were sung for pretty much the entire second half?? And 'the sheep are on fire' probably wasnt that loud coz not everyone in the stand wanted to sing about a guy being set on fire :confused: honestly? heard vitually nowt from the East. FF Stand and West made quite a good bit of noise tonight,and neither are guilty of noise:wink: my throat's still sair!:greengrin

Alex Trager
10-02-2010, 09:55 PM
the atmosphere at te begginin seemed very good, aprehensive, on top of the players then died a death. I thought we pulled a much bigger crowd than 10 k

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-02-2010, 09:57 PM
honestly? heard vitually nowt from the East. FF Stand and West made quite a good bit of noise tonight,and neither are guilty of noise:wink: my throat's still sair!:greengrin

Ive got no voice left! Probably the loudest the east has been all season! Folk obviously hear diff things. And i do think the crowd pushed the players on. Considering we were getting beat until the 87th min the atmosphere was gd imo.

SloopJB
10-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Was in the East and the atmosphere isnae bad. Used to be in the FF.
What I would say is there are a few moaners who see no good and mouth off.

Bigger picture guys, bigger picture.

It may be the construction gives the shed an acoustic element that's missing from the other stands and is less to do with the occupants

lucky
10-02-2010, 10:35 PM
It is a myth that the east makes an incredible noise and makes ER rock with atmosphere. There were a few songs but not much until the whole ground got behind the team. I would point out that its the job of all fans to get behind the team and cheer them on not just the east

Hibercelona
10-02-2010, 10:36 PM
the atmosphere at te begginin seemed very good, aprehensive, on top of the players then died a death. I thought we pulled a much bigger crowd than 10 k

:agree:

Looked no less than 13k from where I was sitting.

Danderhall Hibs
10-02-2010, 10:38 PM
10469 according to sky sports

Surprised at that - I was in the South stand and the West and F5 looked pretty full and the East was 3/4 full. I thought it would be closer to 12000 or 13000

patlowe
10-02-2010, 10:38 PM
:agree:

Looked no less than 13k from where I was sitting.

I thought between 11 and 12k but it's hard to say how full the stand you're in is. West and East looked pretty full though.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-02-2010, 10:48 PM
I thought between 11 and 12k but it's hard to say how full the stand you're in is. West and East looked pretty full though.

Fairly poor turnout by the sheep by their own standards. Would appear to have taken more than double that, last week to Tynie and got a good result

Cabbage1875
10-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Worst song at any football stadium worldwide: 'its all gone quiet over there'. Makes me cringe everytime. And gives them ammo when the inevitably equalise/score the winner :faf:

Hibercelona
10-02-2010, 10:49 PM

I was in the East.

Didn't see many empty seats in the North or West.

Brando7
10-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Loved the sheeps is on fire chant 2nite :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
10-02-2010, 11:02 PM
I don't get this attack on the East by the everyone else. They all expect to hear the East make noise without contributing a jot themselves.

I heard more noise from 1000 sheep than the West and FF put together.

Cuts both ways with Easties insisting nobody else sings which is just not true. Yes the East create an atmosphere but if you're in it you're view is biased because you're part of it. I sit in the West Upper and the first half 'noise' was minimal whereas in the second half they were belting songs out but so were the West Upper and the FF

madabouthibs
10-02-2010, 11:53 PM
Thought the atmoz was pretty good tonight, but I gotta say, some of the abuse our own players get is really ridiculous. I heard people abusing Nish for being fouled! :confused:

FF lower, and if there was only 10467 at the game tonight then they must have brought out a hell of a lot of cardboard cut-outs! I'd say at least 12.5k. :agree:

Chrissie_aka_Davoo
10-02-2010, 11:58 PM

Away and get raffled ya fud. You clearly don't have a scoobie about your talking about.

Hibs fans have a great range of songs, but outside of boozers or away games you would only ever hear them in the East stand.

The fact of the matter is fans in the East stand sing songs. Fans in the other parts of the ground sit and occassionally chant 'Hibees, Hibees'...

...and following the full time whistle proceed to drive home in their Volvos to their Barrat-built houses to post embittered comments on hibs.net about how much they hate the East stand.

Lofarl
11-02-2010, 12:03 AM
The only people who moan about the noise tonight where those who left early. There was a second half people. I counted 4 seats that were full at the start in the east that were mysteriously empty at the start of the 2nd half.

The East was bouncing after we scored, we honestly played a part in getting a result tonight.

macca70
11-02-2010, 12:08 AM
The only people who moan about the noise tonight where those who left early. There was a second half people. I counted 4 seats that were full at the start in the east that were mysteriously empty at the start of the 2nd half.

The East was bouncing after we scored, we honestly played a part in getting a result tonight.

I moved seats in the east at half time, Defo never left early, sat towards the away end to watch hibs attacks in 1st half then moved down to opposite end to see our goals in 2nd half

Removed
11-02-2010, 12:09 AM
Away and get raffled ya fud. You clearly don't have a scoobie about your talking about.

Hibs fans have a great range of songs, but outside of boozers or away games you would only ever hear them in the East stand.

The fact of the matter is fans in the East stand sing songs. Fans in the other parts of the ground sit and occassionally chant 'Hibees, Hibees'...

...and following the full time whistle proceed to drive home in their Volvos to their Barrat-built houses to post embittered comments on hibs.net about how much they hate the East stand.

Away and get raffled ya fud. You clearly don't have a scoobie what you're talking about - I don't have a volvo or a Barratt house :bitchy:

What would we do without the East eh :not worth

marinello59
11-02-2010, 06:49 AM
You gotta love the Hibee family.:notworthy::notworthy:

Criswell
11-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Find it hard to believe last night's attendance. Are they trying to say that there were a thousand less than attended the Hamilton game? If there were only 10,469 there last night then you would expect to see huge empty spaces in the West and FF. Having looked at the highlights that is just not the case:confused:

skipster7
11-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Worst song at any football stadium worldwide: 'its all gone quiet over there'. Makes me cringe everytime. And gives them ammo when the inevitably equalise/score the winner :faf:
mine is "SHALL we sing a song for you" how many fitba fans use the word SHALL in everyday life ?:confused::greengrin:hijack:

greenlex
11-02-2010, 05:13 PM

Is there such a thing as an East Stand racist? :faf:

joe breezy
11-02-2010, 06:12 PM
mine is "SHALL we sing a song for you" how many fitba fans use the word SHALL in everyday life ?:confused::greengrin:hijack:

I use it all the time...

Shall we have a G&T before we retire to the lounge? (after a meal) etc

HIBERNIAN-0762
11-02-2010, 06:15 PM
I've already emailed Hibs direct about this continuing nonsense regarding the attendances at ER, there is no way in hell there was only just under 11 thou there last night, I watched the whole game on Alba and there hardly any empty seats anywhere except at away end, are Hibs fiddling the books or something?, **** pisses me off this does :grr:

blackpoolhibs
11-02-2010, 06:15 PM
I use it all the time...

Shall we have a G&T before we retire to the lounge? (after a meal) etc

Me too, shall i piss in that bottle or shall i move the dishes and piss in the sink instead?

Rory89
11-02-2010, 06:33 PM
How often does this pop up, people in the East saying they thought the atmposphere in the terracing was really good and everyone else saying they heard **** all?

I really do think it's because the rest of the stadium is quite open, but the east is so small and compact you can hear everything inside there. If everyone in the West Stand was singing (I know :faf:) then the noise would travel out across the stadium, where as I reckon in the east when people sing most of the noise stays in the stand.

Last night and the last derby are two examples of me expecting to read on here how loud the east was from others, only to read that people in the other 3 stands heard nowt.

The_Todd
11-02-2010, 06:37 PM
It doesn't help that the only singing in the East is really in sections 41, 42 and 43.

The further towards the FF you get the quieter it gets. If the entire East made the same amount of noise it'd be a different matter.

murray26
11-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Decent enough crowd and atmosphere tonight, i really think the Players and the crowd bounced off each other in the 2nd half which really helped us, on a side nore, 44.500 at Smackhead, 15,500 empty seats , considering the Robbie Keane factor and the fact they are the best fans in the world (haha) we shouldn't be so hard on ourself.

Hiber-nation
11-02-2010, 08:00 PM
For a team challenging for 2nd in the league it was a poor crowd and the atmosphere in the first half was probably the worst this season. Took us to go 2 goals down to get the place jumping.

Alfred E Newman
11-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Decent enough crowd and atmosphere tonight, i really think the Players and the crowd bounced off each other in the 2nd half which really helped us, on a side nore, 44.500 at Smackhead, 15,500 empty seats , considering the Robbie Keane factor and the fact they are the best fans in the world (haha) we shouldn't be so hard on ourself.

Don`t agree 10500 is a decent crowd. Given the importance of last night game I would have expected a lot more. Where were the missing 10000 that will be expecting Hampden tickets in May?

col02
11-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Does anyone else find it tiresome every week reading about how crap the atmosphere at ER is? I came home last night with my throat very sore from supporting my team and I sit in the West upper. I am sure there were several others around me the same and not to mention the Hibs fans in the FF, East and South stands. Rather than condemning the hard effort of supporters who back the team why do we not work together to try improve things? This is our time to enjoy our club it is that simple. After last season and how poor it was I would have thought it would sink in that one season you are up the next you are down or vice versa making it imperative you enjoy the good times when they are here.

Hibby Bairn
11-02-2010, 08:16 PM
The East always sounds loud when you are in it but it really isn't that noisy when you are listening from another stand.....and there was no way there was 7,000 empty seats last night.

Oscar T Grouch
11-02-2010, 08:25 PM
It doesn't help that the only singing in the East is really in sections 41, 42 and 43.

The further towards the FF you get the quieter it gets. If the entire East made the same amount of noise it'd be a different matter.

Thats true, but I think it cos there are more women and kids at that end, the further south you go along the east the radger it gets, I moved along to 41 3 years ago.

I thought the atmosphere was great last night, EVERYONE sang their hearts oot and you could see it lifted the players (plus wee Zouma got them going on the park) ,

I've sat in the west upper and lower on the odd time ive been in corporate seats, the East sounds louder in the lower teir than the upper, previous poster was probably right about the "wee box" shape of the east and the acoustic becasue of it.

Anyways the astmosphere last night was the best Ive been involved in for a while, sounded great.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
11-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Have to say that whilst I was sadly confined to listening to the game on the radio, the atmosphere sounded f-ing tremendous :thumbsup: You could hear all the songs loud and clear :greengrin

jabis
11-02-2010, 09:17 PM

Just read this thread,there was over 10,000 at easter road tonight ???

Was it the new East stand announcement(at least that might get rid of the noisey smellies there)

:greengrin

tbfhibs
11-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Froom the ff lower i thought, 5,500 west,3,000 east and at least 1,000 south. Someone guess what they thought the ff was.

Removed
11-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Froom the ff lower i thought, 5,500 west,3,000 east and at least 1,000 south. Someone guess what they thought the ff was.

1000 :agree:

blackpoolhibs
11-02-2010, 09:51 PM
1000 :agree:

Billy, Macar said he fell out with you, and you and him dont talk anymore. Cant you two kiss and make up, whatever the problem is, i'm sure it can be mended. :greengrin:devil:

tbfhibs
11-02-2010, 09:52 PM
[QUOTE=65bd;2349841]1000 :agree:[/
Smart, estimate of ff attendance against sheep anyone.

Removed
11-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Billy, Macar said he fell out with you, and you and him dont talk anymore. Cant you two kiss and make up, whatever the problem is, i'm sure it can be mended. :greengrin:devil:

Won't happen G. I'm not the only one. We all know where the problem lies. I gave it my best shot.

Sad but true :agree:

jgl07
11-02-2010, 10:37 PM
There wer nowhere near 3,000 in the East. It only holds around 3,400 and there were huge gaps. I would say 2,000 tops.

The South had around 900 in the Aberdeen section so I would guess your estimate was not far out.

I would have thought that there were 11,000 plus there but it is hard to tell.

PC Stamp
11-02-2010, 11:44 PM

Needs to get himself a new burd that he can leather with his slipper to get all his pent up aggression out! Might then help stop him falling out with everyone who goes out their way to help him. Then again learning when to shut his channel tunnel sized mooth might be easier to do! :slipper:

blackpoolhibs
12-02-2010, 08:11 AM
Needs to get himself a new burd that he can leather with his slipper to get all his pent up aggression out! Might then help stop him falling out with everyone who goes out their way to help him. Then again learning when to shut his channel tunnel sized mooth might be easier to do! :slipper:

Nae slippers anymore, Akyla knicked them when she left him, classy burd, knows a bit of quality when she see's it. :greengrin

Joe Baker II
12-02-2010, 04:10 PM
Cuts both ways with Easties insisting nobody else sings which is just not true. Yes the East create an atmosphere but if you're in it you're view is biased because you're part of it. I sit in the West Upper and the first half 'noise' was minimal whereas in the second half they were belting songs out but so were the West Upper and the FF

Precisely, I like East Stand myself but that does not mean there is never any atmosphere elsewhere.

Keith_M
12-02-2010, 04:18 PM
I was surprised at the reported attendance, as I thought there was more than 10,500.

However, the reported attendance at Falkirk was over 7,000 (No way Goncalves!), which shows how much faith you can put in these things.

.SeventyFive
12-02-2010, 04:27 PM
I was surprised at the reported attendance, as I thought there was more than 10,500.

However, the reported attendance at Falkirk was over 7,000 (No way Goncalves!), which shows how much faith you can put in these things.

To be fair, watching the highlights, there didn't look to be many gaps at all in the home end at Falkirk Stadium.

zosohibee
12-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Im so tired of all you gayboys slaggin the east stand. It is the ONLY place
in Easter Road you hear any consistent noise. If west and FF fans want ****ing atmosphere try a song once in a while. All you do is the occasional half assed hi-bees chant etc. Its because everyone in those stands is used to sitting and when someone starts a chant nobody has the balls to join in in case the rest of the stand looks on in disapproval at supporting your team (heaven forfend). It also recently came to my attention that only the away stand end of the east sing all the time. This is the reason the Hun comes to Easter Road expecting a win coz they have 4,000 people ready to make noise for them, what chance do a few hundred hibbys have against that really?

blackpoolhibs
12-02-2010, 05:41 PM
in Easter Road you hear any consistent noise. If west and FF fans want ****ing atmosphere try a song once in a while. All you do is the occasional half assed hi-bees chant etc. Its because everyone in those stands is used to sitting and when someone starts a chant nobody has the balls to join in in case the rest of the stand looks on in disapproval at supporting your team (heaven forfend). It also recently came to my attention that only the away stand end of the east sing all the time. This is the reason the Hun comes to Easter Road expecting a win coz they have 4,000 people ready to make noise for them, what chance do a few hundred hibbys have against that really?

:faf::faf:

Sean1875
13-02-2010, 12:15 AM
:agree: sat in the west stand last season and any attempt i made at a song people looked at me like i had two heads. If they spent the time singing instead of moaning and groaning about the players then ER would be bouncing each and every week. Would also probably attract more people to come to ER as the piss poor atmosphere each week cant help