PDA

View Full Version : What would you do as the owner of Hibs?

Jack
10-02-2010, 11:45 AM
OK lets assume the new East is in place but everything else is as it is just now. STF comes up to you at tonight’s game and says “OK random Hibs supporter. I’ve decided to pass all my Hibs interests over to a supporter like you. But before I decide if you're the chosen one you'll have to tell me what you would do as the new owner of Hibernian FC?”

You can decide whether your answer is about your immediate plan, this season or next; the medium term, say over the next 3 years; the longer term, beyond 3 years; something else or everything!

“Oh! Thanks very much Sir Tom I’d …”

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-02-2010, 11:48 AM
I would launch a takeover bid for HOMFC and see if they still think that it is funny.

jacomo
10-02-2010, 12:19 PM
I'd immediately sack the manager, identify and sign various players on huge wages identified by some random agent and other shady business assoicates, load any added costs onto the club in the form of loans from a foreign bank, squash any criticism by launching a tirade against the "monkeys" in the media, and use my new-found fame to apply to appear on Strictly Come Dancing.

Oh hang on...

MacBean
10-02-2010, 12:29 PM
I'd place £5 million on deposit for hibs which can only be withdrawn or used in terms of emergency or at the end of Ten Year period as a donation.

I'd pump £1 million into Yogi's hands to give him the funds to use at his disposal - whether that an increase in wage budget or to buy a new player or combination of the both. This would help raise the clubs profile in the short run and chase for the title. Sign Ian Murray/Liam Miller/Anthony Stokes on longer contracts.

I'd pay off the debt that we would have from our infrastructure upgrades however would keep some debt as all company's require debt to function.

I'd offer fans an incentive to buy ST's (similar to Burnley chairman's) say half price ST renewals if we win the league or qualify for Champions League group stages.

Build a Giant "Welcome to Edinburgh" Bilboard with Derek Riordan's arm spread as you enter the city from the west!

Mon Dieu4
10-02-2010, 12:32 PM
I'd be a millions times worse than Vlad & actually play myself upfront "Sorry Stokesy, your dropped today I'm playing instead" :agree:

JoeTortolanoFanClub
10-02-2010, 12:32 PM
I don't think I'd do much different, to be honest. We are very much moving in the right direction. Securing Yogi on a really good long term incentivised contract would be a start. Continue to build up the youth structure and make the most of the training facilities so that we have a sustainable base. Consolidate our challenge to split the Old Firm in each of the next three seasons. A run in Europe would be nice, with perhaps a place in the Champions League group stages. Win the Scottish Cup of course. Longer-term, aim to be a consistent challenger for top spot in the SPL. But never forget the club's roots in the community. And never ever stretch our finances.

cwilliamson85
10-02-2010, 12:34 PM
If the East is getting built I would leave things as tey are.

Yogi has control of the team and the club is in a good state.

Every time a 0141 number rang I would pick up and tell them to ****** off watch you back as we are coming for you!

Hakim Sar
10-02-2010, 12:55 PM
I'd build a statue outside new east stand of famous 5

I'd buy Albion road naming rights of council and rename it Hibernian Walk

I'd advertise up and coming home games at airport and waverley

I'd offer ian Murray a new contract

I'd sell bamba in summer and invest in making our acadamy more of a school where youth players could sign to us to be educated and be on a football scholarship like in america

Andy74
10-02-2010, 12:59 PM
Firstly I'd get myself a decent padded seat.

After that, nowt, it's up to the management team and the Board to run the club.

I'd only take action if the Board were failing to do their job.

Pretty Boy
10-02-2010, 01:00 PM
I'd probably take a back seat and leave the running of the club to people who knew about such things. People like Rod Petrie.

Hibby Kay-Yay
10-02-2010, 01:03 PM
I'd slash all the ticket prices in half and buy a fleet of buses that would run free for all away games.

I'd also expand our community initiatives and expand the Hibs Community Learning Centre.

I'd push through a standing area within the new East Stand.

Get a better sound system in place.

Invest in the pitch

Have a healthier approach to the food served to cater for all supporters.

Include a Fan appointed board member

Have more bean filled baths for future signings

Bad Martini
10-02-2010, 01:23 PM
I'd negotiate a good deal on cheap tyres at Farmer Autocare for the entire playing squad and indeed, the whole backroom staff :thumbsup:

bighairyfaeleith
10-02-2010, 02:01 PM
I'd do **** all, cos I know nowt about running a football club.

Leave it to petrie and co, I'll just sit back and enjoy the whisky in my plush new office :greengrin

But I would employ a nice 21 year old secretary with blonde hair, long legs and hopefully well trim(med):wink:

Don Giovanni
10-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Id purchase the 'Bridge of Doom' and have it rigged up like something out of Takeshi's Castle or Total Wipeout for the away fans to run the gauntlet (im thinking water canons, rolling beams, mibbes 'a sweeper' if the budget will stretch)

Like novelty condoms it would be indulgent and pointless but fun nevertheless. :greengrin:

Bayern Bru
10-02-2010, 02:49 PM
I'd do **** all, cos I know nowt about running a football club.

Leave it to petrie and co, I'll just sit back and enjoy the whisky in my plush new office :greengrin

But I would employ a nice 21 year old secretary with blonde hair, long legs and hopefully well trim(med):wink:

David Grof? :greengrin

MacBean
10-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Build a Giant "Welcome to Edinburgh" Bilboard with Derek Riordan's arm spread as you enter the city from the west!

I got bored and decided to make one
[]
[]
[]
\ /
\/

:top marks

davemcbain
10-02-2010, 03:54 PM
I'd sign Ulisys de la Cruz as chief contracts negotiator (any man that can persuade a manager to buy Nellie Hurtado must be able to cope with mere players agents)

I'd refuse to sanction any transfer until it had at least a 3 page rumour thread on hibs.net.

I'd erect a giant stage in the middle of the pitch for a one night only comedy show featuring the wit, wisdom and deadpan delivery of James Jeffries esq.

I'd put a 26 inch flat screen TV on top of the North stand roof and refer to it in the programme every week staas Rods electronic scoreboard.

I'd bring back the Hibee majorettes or whatever they were called.

No really I would do the last one, because I always felt a bit sorry for them and I'm sure they were all lovely lasses.

davemcbain
10-02-2010, 03:57 PM
.....and I'd bring back Hibee popcorn. Just because it looked like it was a bit mouldy doesn't make it bad in my book.

Maybe I'd make them do green pizza and pies too!

Mikeystewart
10-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Hire the Tash and let him do what he's good at. :deal: