PDA

View Full Version : Magoo at it again

Part/Time Supporter
10-02-2010, 07:54 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Mark-McGhee-says--Dons.6057615.jp

McGhee, who lost out on signing target Alan Gow to Hibernian last week, feels Easter Road counterpart John Hughes has an advantage over him in terms of resources. But he added: "In 18 months or two years, I expect to be able to say 'I expect to beat Hibs at Easter Road'.

"But I don't think we can say that now and I don't think we can expect to beat Raith Rovers at Stark's Park. We're not established enough as a team over a long enough period to know what I'm going to get. This is a work in progress.

"I want almost like a blind support. Until they can say 'You have had two years and signed ten players and it's not any better'. Then I'll be down the road, there's no doubt about that, but it's a long way from that yet."

:blah: :blah: :blah:

Hanging himself there methinks, if come end of next season they aren't up challenging for third he won't be able to stand up that prediction.

Tonight must be the shortest odds that Hibs have been to beat Aberdeen in a long time. Probably going back to 2000/01 or thereabouts, when Aberdeen were struggling badly in the league, I guess.

That doesn't mean Hibs will win, of course, but I don't think it says a lot for Magoo. You always knew that Hibs would have a tough game against Tangoman's Sheep, but Magoo's lot have struggled to put up a fair fight in the first two games this season.

Jim44
10-02-2010, 08:29 AM
I watched McGhee last night and reckon he is rapidly metamorphing into Rab C Nesbitt visually and verbally.:greengrin

SlickShoes
10-02-2010, 08:33 AM
Hate him, hes a total bawbag and i hate aberdeen as well and hope that we can beat them tonight. We need to win this game tonight and hopefully the players are up for it and we can get a performance otherwise we will get kicked off the park and probably lose 1-0.

matty_f
10-02-2010, 08:36 AM
McGhoo's face reminds me of the Levis twisted jeans you used to get - starts of straight at the top but ends up well off centre at the bottom.

That just serves to make me like him less, if I'm honest.

Hainan Hibs
10-02-2010, 08:36 AM
"When I came here, I was told that I was an Aberdeen legend and that was going to count for something," he said.

"I don't go out and about in Aberdeen and get greeted by any wave of warmth or sympathy or any understanding of my long-term plans.

Oh poor Mcghee:boo hoo::boo hoo:

I'm in Aberdeen now and the mates I have that support Aberdeen are not travelling to ER for the first time in quite a while, they are fed up of Mcghee and expect a humping tonight.

As a Hibs fan I won't be thinking that at all and expect a tight game, but it's interesting how the feelings of some Sheep have changed, and after watching them play Falkirk (a form of self abuse) I had flashbacks of the dark days of Blobby.

I remember a Sheep fan on here proclaiming Aberdeen were "Too big" for a guy like John Hughes and they had to aim high for Celtic rejects like McGhee. What a tube:faf:

marinello59
10-02-2010, 08:44 AM
"I don't go out and about in Aberdeen and get greeted by any wave of warmth or sympathy or any understanding of my long-term plans.

That'sbecause from day one in the job he made it clear his long term plans were to manage Sellick. I hope he stays in the Pittodrie hotseat for years to come, the fans there deserve the guy.

givescotlandfreedom
10-02-2010, 08:51 AM
So not only does Magoo know where Aberdeen will be in 18 months he also knows what level we'll be at. Maybe he should've predicted them to be knocked out the league cup by Dundee and unable to beat Raith Rovers to save the fans the time and money

matty_f
10-02-2010, 08:59 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Mark-McGhee-says--Dons.6057615.jp

:blah: :blah: :blah:

Hanging himself there methinks, if come end of next season they aren't up challenging for third he won't be able to stand up that prediction.

Tonight must be the shortest odds that Hibs have been to beat Aberdeen in a long time. Probably going back to 2000/01 or thereabouts, when Aberdeen were struggling badly in the league, I guess.

That doesn't mean Hibs will win, of course, but I don't think it says a lot for Magoo. You always knew that Hibs would have a tough game against Tangoman's Sheep, but Magoo's lot have struggled to put up a fair fight in the first two games this season.

I don't know why he thinks he shouldn't be challenging us - we've both got new managers in this season, and Aberdeen finished above us last season, so he had a better starting point. Plus, we lost Jones and Fletcher.

He's an erse.

Hainan Hibs
10-02-2010, 09:04 AM
I also think he is fuming from the fact we have turned them over twice this season, ripping the piss with a 5 minute passing lesson at Pittodrie before Lee Miller spat the dummy, and Yogi snatched Gow just before he was heading to Aberdeen.

Yogi has made Maghoo his bitch. :agree:

Brooster
10-02-2010, 09:05 AM
And another thing - there is absolutely no danger of him being at Aberdeen in '18 months or 2 years'. Saying that I also expect a tough game tonight.

Bookkeeper
10-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Magoo is an arrogant, bumptious idiot with his foot permanently in his mouth. He is always bleating about something or other and is well suited for Aberdeen whose delusions all stem from what Fergie did there and not any great historical superiority of their own.

Phil D. Rolls
10-02-2010, 02:52 PM
I think there were a few netters who wanted Magoo at ER when the manager's job was up for grabs. I only hope they've learned their lesson.

Magoo has to be Plan H, I can't think of another place where he'd be more at home than the PBS.

jakedance
10-02-2010, 03:06 PM
The Aberdeen fans I know think he'll be a success but they still can't stand the guy. His excuses and shameless sucking up to Celtic are an embarassment.

I was quite open to McGhee coming to Hibs but, not first the first time, I'm glad I don't get to make these decisions. He's a bit of a fanny.

robinp
10-02-2010, 03:27 PM
If I was a sheep fan I'd be asking questions of the manager coming out with tripe such as this, what a morale boosting compliment to his players this is:

"But I don't think we can say that now and I don't think we can expect to beat Raith Rovers at Stark's Park.

I don't care how pish hibs were, if our manager went out saying crap like this I'd be of the opinion that he doesn't belong at an SPL club, it's Raith Rovers not Blackburn Rovers!

Don Giovanni
10-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Am I right in thinking that McGoos track record tends to involve a flying first season before dismal performances in subsequent campaigns?

The sheep must be wetting themselves in anticipation.

Heres hoping you're good form continues, Mark...

...you classless prick.

rubber mal
10-02-2010, 05:18 PM
I don't know why he thinks he shouldn't be challenging us - we've both got new managers in this season, and Aberdeen finished above us last season, so he had a better starting point. Plus, we lost Jones and Fletcher.

He's an erse.

Exactly. And we lost Szamotulski, and Rosa, and er... O' Brien.

He's just a bitter twat.