PDA

View Full Version : Recording tomorrow's commentary - how can i do this??

hibsboy90
09-02-2010, 06:29 PM
I am hoping to either go to tomorrow's game, or to watch it on BBC Alba, without knowing the result. If the latter option is taking, I hope to not watch it in gaelic, but with the bbc commentary from earlier in the night.

Is it possible to record the bbc commentary and listen back a few hours later and have the video of the game on mute.

Is there a way to do this? Any help appreciated.

Admins - I will also post this on the technical forum, but will keep here incase any other hibby's plan similar.

Riordans Boots
09-02-2010, 07:14 PM
I am hoping to either go to tomorrow's game, or to watch it on BBC Alba, without knowing the result. If the latter option is taking, I hope to not watch it in gaelic, but with the bbc commentary from earlier in the night.

Is it possible to record the bbc commentary and listen back a few hours later and have the video of the game on mute.

Admins - I will also post this on the technical forum, but will keep here incase any other hibby's plan similar.

Why not just put the subtitles on :duck:

Hainan Hibs
09-02-2010, 07:58 PM
I'd rather listen to Gaelic than Preston and co talk crap.

Coco Bryce
09-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Download Jet Audio Basis (http://www.jetaudio.com/download/) this will let you record anything you play through your PC into MP3 format.

Stick it on your PC/Ipod and watch the full game

simples

Removed
09-02-2010, 08:11 PM
I'd rather listen to Gaelic than Preston and co talk crap.

:greengrin :agree:

Download Audacity

Open the bbc stream

press record in audacity

when finished, save and playback or export to mp3 and put on an ipod

not sure how big the file will be so make sure you have plenty space on your hard drive

Riordans Boots
09-02-2010, 08:27 PM

Download Audacity

Open the bbc stream

press record in audacity

not sure how big the file will be so make sure you have plenty space on your hard drive

:bitchy: Naw, I will just mute and have the subtitles on :dizzy:

Removed
09-02-2010, 08:41 PM
:bitchy: Naw, I will just mute and have the subtitles on :dizzy:

That's cos you're female :greengrin

Us men like things technical :cool2:

Prof. Shaggy
09-02-2010, 08:41 PM

Download Audacity

Open the bbc stream

press record in audacity

At an hour and a half to three-quarters you should reduce the sample rate and bitrate. Normal (CD) quality = about 10Mb per minute.

Riordans Boots
09-02-2010, 08:46 PM
That's cos you're female :greengrin

Us men like things technical :cool2:

:take that :tsk tsk:

hibsboy90
09-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone, subtitles will be replaced by bbc commentary though :wink:

If Only
11-02-2010, 02:41 PM

What a novel thought watching in Gaelic!!!!!!!