PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Hibs Could Cash In

Billychaotic182
09-02-2010, 01:53 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8505374.stm

Woody70x2
09-02-2010, 02:07 PM
£4m is not enough for Wotherspoon. I reckon that he will go for more money than what Celtic paid for Broony. I do not think that any of the people that have come and gone whilst commanding a big transfer fee have had a better debut season.

MrSmith
09-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Worthy's a fantastic player! we haven't seen his kind since johnny c.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-02-2010, 02:33 PM
£4 million for him as a right back may not be a bad offer, but near £6 million for him as an attacking midfielder.

Hibs90
09-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Yogi, how about we try and keep a hold of him, where in a couple of years he will be worth much more than that and that also gives the youngster or whatever behind him to learn his trade. It's called ambition, keep our best youngsters, keep them improving, we will be challenging for 2nd spot on a regular basis, then when they have matured let them go and bring through the next youngster or bring in a replacement. Wotherspoon is only 20 and IMO should stay at Hibs for the next couple of years at least. Although the laddie isn't daft and im sure he will know that.

MacBean
09-02-2010, 02:40 PM
maybe we are building the new stand :wink:

RIP
09-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Look at Whitty - only a matter of time B4 he's off to the EPL.

Probably this summer

Stevie Reid
09-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Yogi, how about we try and keep a hold of him, where in a couple of years he will be worth much more than that and that also gives the youngster or whatever behind him to learn his trade. It's called ambition, keep our best youngsters, keep them improving, we will be challenging for 2nd spot on a regular basis, then when they have matured let them go and bring through the next youngster or bring in a replacement. Wotherspoon is only 20 and IMO should stay at Hibs for the next couple of years at least. Although the laddie isn't daft and im sure he will know that.

Easy, he just made a hypothetical statement. For what it's worth, I think Spoony's got a huge future in the game also, but he's only been in the first team for a few months and no one knows what the next couple of years are going to bring - IF someone were to offer £4M for him, we'd be mad not to take it.

Geo_1875
09-02-2010, 02:51 PM
I don't think Yogi is telling everybody what he'd accept. He's just warning off the manky mob.

J-C
09-02-2010, 02:55 PM

I'm sure Yogi will want to keep his star plaqyers but at the same time has to be realistic and allow players to move on to sometimes bigger and better things. In the mean time he's letting everyone out there know that if they come calling, they better have their bigger sized cheque book with them, as the days of getting our players on the cheap are over. :greengrin

--------
09-02-2010, 03:20 PM

Keep calm, lad - what he said was that he could see us having a problem holding on to players, not that he wanted to push them out as quick as he could. That's why he's got DW on an extended contract.

The idea that the manager urges the board to move someone on to make way for a better player coming through from the youth teams is exactly what we should be working towards. That way the whole enterprise becomes self-sustaining.

A good example might be closer than we think. Some were expressing concern about how we replace Sol Bamba when HE moves south, as he will, no doubt. Depending on the timing, we may not need to - or at least, we may find we're under no real pressure to do so. Paul Hanlon looks a better prospect for centre-half every time I see him.

As for the interview, far better IMO for Yogi to respond this way, putting the whole question of transfers and players moving on in the context of building the whole club as a club, than issuing a disclaimer which nobody believes and even he himself knows isn't true.

IWasThere2016
09-02-2010, 03:37 PM
This'll pay for the dome :agree:

CentreLine
09-02-2010, 03:47 PM

:faf:Brilliant
Now please stop it, my sides are splitting

Barney McGrew
09-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Stories starting to circulate about players possibly moving on.

Remind me, who is it we play this weekend? :hmmm:

Phil D. Rolls
09-02-2010, 03:48 PM

Bit early to be organising the Xmas night out, but then Hibs are a far sighted team I suppose.

Gerard
09-02-2010, 03:55 PM
£4m is not enough for Wotherspoon. I reckon that he will go for more money than what Celtic paid for Broony. I do not think that any of the people that have come and gone whilst commanding a big transfer fee have had a better debut season.

If we sold several of our high valued players, then we could build the new stand, give some cash to allow yogi to sign quality replacements, repay some debt and pay shareholders dividends
G:thumbsup::wink::devil:

HibeeDaz6270
09-02-2010, 04:11 PM
£4-£6MILLION FOR WOTHERSPOON???

I dont think so. He will never be a £6million player whilst playing for Hibs, At this time he is barely a million pound player, although given his potentiall, i think he could be worth 2 - 3million in the next couple of years.

Part/Time Supporter
09-02-2010, 04:23 PM
£4-£6MILLION FOR WOTHERSPOON???

I dont think so. He will never be a £6million player whilst playing for Hibs, At this time he is barely a million pound player, although given his potentiall, i think he could be worth 2 - 3million in the next couple of years.

Read what he said.

Yogi is saying that they would take £4M for Wotherspoon, because that would be over the odds and it would be good business for Hibs. He's not saying that he expects or wants it to happen.

Woody1985
09-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Read what he said.

Yogi is saying that they would take £4M for Wotherspoon, because that would be over the odds and it would be good business for Hibs. He's not saying that he expects or wants it to happen.

I think he was referring to one of the other posts, not Yogi.

Lets pull the reigns in a bit. We ripped the pish out of the yams for calling Driver as 6 million pound player.

We shouldn't be getting ahead of ourselves because DW has played a tiny amount of games compared with most 4-6 million pound players you'll find.

If he keeps developing he'll become an excellent player worth a lot of money but there's still a lot to prove.

Long suffering
09-02-2010, 05:41 PM
I refuse to accept this situation of selling off our best players quite so soon, the fact is wotherspoon has only been in the team for half a season for goodness sake we spould be looking for at least 3 more years out of him. As for stokes, miller etc. its fair to say they probably will be moving on but surely it is not too much to ask for more than 1 year from them. We have stable finances, lets build our team over the next few years and attempt to challenge the OF instead of unessecarily moving people on.

Mikey
09-02-2010, 05:43 PM
maybe we are building the new stand :wink:

It's paid for!

Hibercelona
09-02-2010, 05:48 PM
I'd be gutted to see any other Hibs player go to the OF ever.

We don't need to sell to them. So i'll be sick if we ever do business with them again.

We have players that will go on to be good enough for just about any EPL team.

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Stories starting to circulate about players possibly moving on.

Remind me, who is it we play this weekend? :hmmm:

Yogi's speaking about it - is he in on the conspiracy?

Barney McGrew
09-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Yogi's speaking about it - is he in on the conspiracy?

Yogi's part of the establishment

BEEJ
09-02-2010, 06:25 PM
We have stable finances, lets build our team over the next few years and attempt to challenge the OF instead of unessecarily moving people on.
The Wotherspoon example was merely Yogi being hypothetical. No-one is likely to offer £4m for Spoony just yet - so I wouldn't fret. :wink:

It's paid for!
The new East Stand is paid for! How? :confused: That implies that no additional debt will have to be raised in order to finance it.

Has Rod been saving spare cash in a big jam jar that is hidden from the gaze of the auditors and off-balance sheet?

:greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
09-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Tsk tsk Yogi. Must have creased yourself after you said that.

Now we all know no matter what Yogi says he'll accept.

Its always down to the Iron Moustache!

If its true that Yogi's never spent a penny since he came here then does that make him "iron bladder"?

hfc rd
09-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Well no suprise, as we know that there is going to be a lot of interest in our players as they have done really well this season. Yogi is simply reminding us that if a good offer was to come in for one of our players that is too good to refuse then we are going to accept it.

Gerard
09-02-2010, 09:14 PM
It's paid for!

Does that imclude filling in the corners, the roof that covers the stadium, the executive helicopter pad and the railway station
G:wink::greengrin:thumbsup:

Sandy
10-02-2010, 10:35 AM
Does that imclude filling in the corners, the roof that covers the stadium, the executive helicopter pad and the railway station
G:wink::greengrin:thumbsup:

No but it does include the 4 lane super motorway that will be underneath the new East :agree:

Gerard
10-02-2010, 10:42 AM
No but it does include the 4 lane super motorway that will be underneath the new East :agree:

That's not envir friendly:wink::thumbsup::greengrin
G

euro Hibby
10-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Think he is just saying that all players have a price and if you meet the price and there is a replacement in or out of the club we will sell.

What we should do with the likes of young talent is to try to keep 50 % of him so when he moves up the ladder , we get a good cut of the higher fee.
Scottish clubs in todays climate are unlikely to get much over 3.5 million tops for a player. This is because the league is not quoted.