View Full Version : Urgent Filling in the corners - coming soon.

09-02-2010, 11:57 AM
Folks,

Have info that the corners of ER will be filled in and will be in place for the start of next season!

Reliably informed demolition of the current empty space between all 4 stands will start in a number of weeks!!!

3pm.

09-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Folks,

Have info that the corners of ER will be filled in and will be in place for the start of next season!

Reliably informed demolition of the current empty space between all 4 stands will start in a number of weeks!!!

3pm.

Thats fantastic news, cannae wait :greengrin

09-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Folks,

3pm.

more promises...... :rolleyes: :wink:

007 Mickey Weir
09-02-2010, 12:01 PM
I heard on the bus by a non-reliable source that it is going to be 3 tiers and be very like Milans Ground.

09-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Why fill in the corners when the East aint built yet? strange :agree:

09-02-2010, 12:04 PM
What tools do you use to demolish empty space?

CallumHibs07
09-02-2010, 12:04 PM
I heard on the bus by a non-reliable source that it is going to be 3 tiers and be very like Milans ground

That it? I heard it would be 5 tiers. I also heard it would have a capacity of over 100k. Source is that I know Liam Miller's mate's son's pal's da's sister's pet dog and he says......:yawn:

In all honesty though, i doubt it. I thought the East was coming but filling in the corners as well would be taking it a step too far at the moment IMO.

09-02-2010, 12:13 PM

I suggest you would use another empty space for a wrecking ball, maybe Gary Lockes heid? :dunno:

cwilliamson85
09-02-2010, 12:14 PM
I thought the option to fill in corners is only there if Scotland get a Euor championships?

Or maybe we could fill in the 2 corners between East/North and West/North and join them to the FF?

Tinyclothes
09-02-2010, 12:14 PM
We should build a massive circular stand that slowly rotates to the tune of over 14 90's pop classics till you end up where you started but in the past.

cwilliamson85
09-02-2010, 12:18 PM
We should build a massive circular stand that slowly rotates to the tune of over 14 90's pop classics till you end up where you started but in the past.

Or the magic roundabout theme?

Tinyclothes
09-02-2010, 12:20 PM

Perfect. Maybe the whole ground could roll around Leith like some sort of green gyroscopic thunderdome.

09-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Will I get to keep my current space in the empty space between the FF and the East?

Or should I take my screwdriver along and unscrew it myself?

And why do some folk here not get the joke?

09-02-2010, 12:22 PM

09-02-2010, 12:23 PM

Can I book 1902, please?

hibbie02
09-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Perfect. Maybe the whole ground could roll around Leith like some sort of green gyroscopic thunderdome.

You still smoking that sh*t Mr C??? :cool2:

EuanH78
09-02-2010, 12:31 PM

I heard this is going to happen. Dont want to say too much in case I get one of the contractors in trouble but I also hear the pitch is to rotate in the opposite direction. Should be a goer as soon as Rod perfects his zero gravity field generator. He wants Hibs to play their home games in zero-gravity to give us that competitive home advantage.

JoeT
09-02-2010, 12:32 PM

Demolition has completed - was required to ensure the planning permission didn't run out..........

09-02-2010, 12:36 PM
I heard this is going to happen. Dont want to say too much in case I get one of the contractors in trouble but I also hear the pitch is to rotate in the opposite direction. Should be a goer as soon as Rod perfects his zero gravity field generator. He wants Hibs to play their home games in zero-gravity to give us that competitive home advantage.

Ahhhh,.... zero-gravity. Does that mean that such players as Tony Higgins, Amadou Konte etc... those that could jump downwards... were ahead of their time?

Nishy will be in his element. :devil:

09-02-2010, 12:38 PM
This sounds like it's a pre-tender situation.

banarc7062
09-02-2010, 12:44 PM

The ones that play in maroon over at the pink bus shelter :greengrin

09-02-2010, 12:59 PM
I can confirm this is definitely happening. :wink:

Although I'm informed by my mole on the inside that we will be digging a wee hole in the corner so the planning permission doesn't run out.

We'll need to sell the whole squad just to fund it and then we won't have enough fans to fill it because we'll have sold all our best players. On the plus side we can rent it out for the odd cup tie or concert to recoup some doe.

I've also got it on good authority that there will be no singing or standing sections. :grr:

EuanH78
09-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Ahhhh,.... zero-gravity. Does that mean that such players as Tony Higgins, Amadou Konte etc... those that could jump downwards... were ahead of their time?

Nishy will be in his element. :devil:

Indeed, a visionary that Mr.Petrie (tugs forelock).

That is why we got Montrose in the cup, RP wanted another look at Andy McNeil so arranged it to be so. You heard it here first :wink:

09-02-2010, 01:07 PM
When will we get a stadium with a roof that covers the stadium and is opened on the few nice days that we get:devil: It is all very well to have 4 new stands and corners filled in but allow the rain to come in:thumbsup:
G:wink::devil:

Scooter
09-02-2010, 01:11 PM
how do you fill the corners between the north stand and east and west??? theres not alot of space.

09-02-2010, 01:20 PM
Won't somebody please think of the children?

09-02-2010, 01:20 PM
Now, tongue firmly out of cheek and in all seriousness...if the price of steel and construction/material/labour costs were significantly low then it would make sense to extend the East Stand into the corners and connect with the North and Sounth stands. Instant long term saving and bums on seats!

09-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Now, tongue firmly out of cheek and in all seriousness...if the price of steel and construction/material/labour costs were significantly low then it would make sense to extend the East Stand into the corners and connect with the North and Sounth stands. Instant long term saving and bums on seats!

Assuming the club factored those extensions into the planning application in anticipation of the worst recession in generations the it might be a good idea. Unlikely, but you never know with the tache. :greengrin

09-02-2010, 01:33 PM
how do you fill the corners between the north stand and east and west??? theres not alot of space.

Big sheet of wood painted green. :agree:

Anything's better than the eyesore that's there just now.

09-02-2010, 01:35 PM
If we fill in the corners it might stop fans leaving the East stand early . :devil:

09-02-2010, 01:37 PM
I've heard from a reliable source in the Fishmongers that the empty space between the stands is to be replaced by the gap between Yogi's front teeth.

09-02-2010, 01:51 PM
This sounds like it's a pre-tender situation.

Ah yes the great pre-tender.

09-02-2010, 01:54 PM
I heard on the bus by a non-reliable source that it is going to be 3 tiers and be very like Milans ground

Just to warn everyone, I got a trojan warning when I went on that link. :grr:

09-02-2010, 02:04 PM

You're not really getting this, are you? :greengrin

Jumbo
09-02-2010, 02:11 PM
When will we get a stadium with a roof that covers the stadium and is opened on the few nice days that we get:devil: It is all very well to have 4 new stands and corners filled in but allow the rain to come in:thumbsup:
G:wink::devil:

They could alway put in sprinkler system to remind us of the good old days :agree:

hibbybrian
09-02-2010, 03:09 PM
They could alway put in sprinkler system to remind us of the good old days :agree:

there were quite a few "filled in" at the corners in the good old 60's :devil:

Scooter
09-02-2010, 03:13 PM
You're not really getting this, are you? :greengrin

I guess I'm not but I would love someone to explain:notworthy:

stu in nottingham
09-02-2010, 03:14 PM

I'm not sure but you could sweep up afterwards with an air brush.

09-02-2010, 03:22 PM
As only 2 of the corners actually have the ability to be "filled in" I am guessing that the other two will involve some nice landscaping with a shrubbery or two.

09-02-2010, 04:28 PM
As only 2 of the corners actually have the ability to be "filled in" I am guessing that the other two will involve some nice landscaping with a shrubbery or two.

Nah nice big screens with a few seats down below.

It may not fit many extra seats but it would do wonders for the atmosphere and keep the howling winds out.

09-02-2010, 04:30 PM
I guess I'm not but I would love someone to explain:notworthy:

It's an oblique reference to the "East Stand coming soon" thread. If you haven't read that, you will be lost.

Oh, and it's a p*ss take.

09-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Nah nice big screens with a few seats down below.

It may not fit many extra seats but it would do wonders for the atmosphere and keep the howling winds out.

I think some patio doors would be nice.

And a bit of decking.

And some climbing roses.

And Virginia Creeper.

Nice. :devil:

09-02-2010, 04:39 PM
very much my train of thought

09-02-2010, 06:38 PM
very much my train of thought

Oh, behave. You're getting a new East Stand, the corners filled in, and a glass roof. Now you want a bloody station???

SOME FOLK ARE NEVER SATISFIED!!! :grr:

09-02-2010, 07:32 PM

Ajax found to their detriment that you need those howling winds.

CapitalHibs
09-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Ajax found to their detriment that you need those howling winds.

Makes the grass grow, I believe.

09-02-2010, 07:43 PM
I remember a thread on this a couple of years ago and everyone seemed to be in agreement that we don't own the land between some of the stands. I think this is why the upper tiers FF and away end drop down to one end. Anyone know anything about this?

09-02-2010, 07:45 PM

"Then, when you have found the shrubbery, you must place it here, beside this shrubbery, only slightly higher so you get a two-level effect with a little path running down the middle".

Hibs_dot_com
09-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Just to warn everyone, I got a trojan warning when I went on that link. :grr:

So did I but removed it with AVG - need to remove this Admin :grr::grr::grr:

09-02-2010, 09:17 PM
I remember a thread on this a couple of years ago and everyone seemed to be in agreement that we don't own the land between some of the stands. I think this is why the upper tiers FF and away end drop down to one end. Anyone know anything about this?

Actually owned by the Lochend Butterfly Farm.

09-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Think we should build a church hall in one of the corners so we can have our own sale of Hurtado and Kevin Thompson t shirts

10-02-2010, 08:07 AM
"Then, when you have found the shrubbery, you must place it here, beside this shrubbery, only slightly higher so you get a two-level effect with a little path running down the middle".

That's what went through my mind as well :greengrin

Ecky Ecky Ecky F'tang F'tang ... Olé Biscuitbarrel

10-02-2010, 08:11 AM
Think we should build a church hall in one of the corners so we can have our own sale of Hurtado and Kevin Thompson t shirts

It is a bit tight for space though so could we continue to lead the way with Hibs firsts and make it the a drive-thru church?

10-02-2010, 08:44 AM

EuanH78
10-02-2010, 10:04 AM
It is a bit tight for space though so could we continue to lead the way with Hibs firsts and make it the a drive-thru church?

Reminds me of the time I got married in Vegas. Rod Petrie conducting ceremonies dressed up as Elvis anyone?

I think people are getting carried away, I mean has everyone forgotten about BlackpoolHibs helipad? Where's that going to go?

therealgavmac
10-02-2010, 10:07 AM
That's what went through my mind as well :greengrin

Ecky Ecky Ecky F'tang F'tang ... Olé Biscuitbarrel

Or is it Tarquin Fintimlinbinwhinbimlim Bus Stop F'tang F'tang
Ole Biscuit-Barrel (Silly Party) :faf:

10-02-2010, 10:41 PM
Or is it Tarquin Fintimlinbinwhinbimlim Bus Stop F'tang F'tang
Ole Biscuit-Barrel (Silly Party) :faf:

It's a combination of that MP sketch and the ecky ecky ecky from "the grail".

Various combinations cropped up in a few sketches if I'm not mistaken.

11-02-2010, 12:03 PM
I have heard it on good authority that there will be NO announcement today regarding the corners getting filled in. :greengrin

11-02-2010, 12:06 PM
I have heard it on good authority that there will be NO announcement today regarding the corners getting filled in. :greengrin

'Soon' tho? :dunno:

therealgavmac
11-02-2010, 01:01 PM
It's a combination of that MP sketch and the ecky ecky ecky from "the grail".

Various combinations cropped up in a few sketches if I'm not mistaken.

:nerd: :wink: