PDA

View Full Version : NHC Gary Locke (he's quite a nice guy, really)

down-the-slope
08-02-2010, 10:50 PM
I know this is going against the tide..:rolleyes:

Gary has been doing coaching in schools in Mid-lothian until last week. My wife who is responsible for some of the organising of the oppotunities for kids training can't speak highly enough of him, and says she has found him to be a really good bloke and is gutted that he is not continuing, and the kids are really disapointed

The kids all got on great with him and recent feedback from parents was very positive too.

I now this does not fit with a lot of views of him on here...but this is the reality away from the gold fish bowl of pro footie and petty rivalry.

Mikey
08-02-2010, 10:53 PM
He'll be back soon. Won't be long before he gets pissed off with being taken for a ride by Vlad.

clerriehibs
08-02-2010, 10:53 PM

Gary has been doing coaching in schools in Mid-lothian until last week. My wife who is responsible for some of the organising of the oppotunities for kids training can't speak highly enough of him, and says she has found him to be a really good bloke and is gutted that he is not continuing, and the kids are really disapointed

The kids all got on great with him and recent feedback from parents was very positive too.

I now this does not fit with a lot of views of him on here...but this is the reality away from the gold fish bowl of pro footie and petty rivalry.

Why can't he continue? Ian Murray does a weekly stint with an amateur team.

KerPlunk
08-02-2010, 10:56 PM

I'm sure that is very true, however, once he's back in the hurly-burly / GIRFUY / results-driven atmosphere of the pro game, he'll easily return to being the complete small-minded Yam fud that we know he is. :rolleyes:

HFC_NYC
08-02-2010, 11:55 PM
Having had the misfortune of going to the same school as Locke, nothing will ever change my opinion of him. He is the most despicable excuse for a human being I have ever met. One could say that the yams and him were a match made in heaven.

bawheid
09-02-2010, 12:36 AM
Hope Gary took some of his winners medals into the schools to show the star-struck kids...

monktonharp
09-02-2010, 12:55 AM
he's a tool,and besides ,canny take himseriously after his Jambo mates ran a bus to the final,tae support Killie. f/kin tube.

honestbob
09-02-2010, 12:59 AM
Hope Gary took some of his winners medals into the schools to show the star-struck kids...
More than any hibs players got

poolman
09-02-2010, 01:12 AM

You're gonna last long :bye:

Greenway
09-02-2010, 01:34 AM
You're gonna last long :bye:

Don't see why not, always good to have a Jambo around just in case we need cheering up. I think we can handle a bit of banter here, it's not like over the road were they get a bit tetchy if you're not completely deluded. :grr:

Greenway
09-02-2010, 01:38 AM

Honestbob, Checkout the "Jumble Sale in Gorgie" thread, some good cleaning rags going for very reasonable prices. :wink:

NOLA
09-02-2010, 01:45 AM
God loves a trier! saying that you have not been in a chapel or cathedral in your puff! What is a Yam? = Vegetable:bye:

bawheid
09-02-2010, 10:05 AM

Did he? When was that?

heretoday
09-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Well I should hope he is a decent bloke. Nothing's too good for our young Midlothian kids.

cwilliamson85
09-02-2010, 01:20 PM
Why can't he continue? Ian Murray does a weekly stint with an amateur team.

Did Scott Brown not help a team in the Gyle area with training etc when at Hibs?

Baw187
09-02-2010, 01:37 PM
I have resisted posting this thus far for fear of being shot down but I used to know Gary Locke to talk to and he always came across as a normal, decent type of guy.

He's obviously a big Yam but he's no more annoying with it than I would be as a Hibs fan ! Always had a decent laugh whenever I bumped in to him - wound him up a bit, and took a wind up from him.

Think it's too easy to lable folk in football as fuds when we don't really know them.

KerPlunk
09-02-2010, 01:40 PM
I have resisted posting this thus far for fear of being shot down but I used to know Gary Locke to talk to and he always came across as a normal, decent type of guy.

He's obviously a big Yam but he's no more annoying with it than I would be as a Hibs fan ! Always had a decent laugh whenever I bumped in to him - wound him up a bit, and took a wind up from him.

Think it's too easy to lable folk in football as fuds when we don't really know them.

This post is far too sensible and civil.

Where is your sense of juvenile banter and childish humour? :rules: :rolleyes:

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Did he? When was that?

I think you're right. Pretty sure he wouldn't have got one when he tried to grab the Cup from whoever was supposed to be lifting it that day they fluked it against Rangers.

ALF TUPPER
09-02-2010, 01:47 PM
I'm happy that my kids arent being coached by him. Cant be havin anyone using football as an excuse to pass on their jambo tendencies to my family. I wont allow it and I am unanimous in that. :blah:

It shouldnt be allowed IMO !

Is there no laws against this ??:grr:

Salmond get it sorted ! :cool2: ( .......dammit another jambo) :grr:

Petrieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !

HFC_NYC
09-02-2010, 03:33 PM

I have to say that I`m more than a little shocked by this because when I knew him, he was incapable of using the English language.

Hibby70
09-02-2010, 04:23 PM
if he is anything like his brother then hes a tool of the highest order. I'd rather have my kids trained by john locke.

HibbyAndy
09-02-2010, 04:27 PM

I know Locke personally and always struck me as a decent guy.

Still a Hearts bassa likesay, but not what some make out.

Phil D. Rolls
09-02-2010, 04:39 PM
I

I think the problem is that Gary is either very stupid, or he deliberately says boorish, and oafish things to get a rise out of people.

Just to balance it up, I have met people from Loanhead who can't stand the guy because he is a big head.

I suppose the moral is - in the real world - we should look a bit deeper sometimes. However in the crazy world of football rivalry, I'm happier to think of him as King Fud.

Anyone remember the embarrassment of him grabbing the Scottish Cup out of Stevie Fulton's hands, even though he wasn't even on the bench that day?

HFC_NYC
09-02-2010, 04:56 PM
if he is anything like his brother then hes a tool of the highest order. I'd rather have my kids trained by john locke.

Ah yes, brother Kevin. Another jambo prat who if I recall correctly, was rather partial to a sunbed tan and disco dancing....if you know what I mean. Their parents must be so proud.

SidBurns
09-02-2010, 05:04 PM

:agree:

TonyStokeprano
09-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Gary locke
he wears a frock
hes down on his knees
sucking jefferies ....

Gonna get that one going at tynecastle on the 20th of march

chorley_fm
09-02-2010, 05:32 PM
never rated him as a player, didnae like him then, no gonna start now

Oscar Lomax
09-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Ah yes, brother Kevin. Another jambo prat who if I recall correctly, was rather partial to a sunbed tan and disco dancing....if you know what I mean. Their parents must be so proud.

HA HA..... I know them through friends of friends. Their father hate's Hibs with a passion so it aint no surprise they have turned out like they have, rather deluded.
Kevin has a distinct smell off lavender about him. I hear he is engaged to a lovely young man!:wink:

gogsy23
09-02-2010, 06:22 PM
Can mind was in my local in loanhead the night yams won some cup and he came in with a few fellow teamates and friends and he was a total idiot my jambo mates said he was out of order, after dragging me away from kickin his ass...:grr:

That said his wee brother is a gid laff

--------
09-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Really?

:bitchy:

lapsedhibee
09-02-2010, 06:32 PM
I'd rather have my kids trained by john locke.

Not sure he got a medal either mind. Reported here that he was centre mid for England in a losing semi-final ....

YouTube - Monty Python - Philosophers' World Cup (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92vV3QGagck)

Phil D. Rolls
09-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Really?

:bitchy:

In fairness the jury is still out.:chop:

HibbyAndy
09-02-2010, 07:22 PM
Can mind was in my local in loanhead the night yams won some cup and he came in with a few fellow teamates and friends and he was a total idiot my jambo mates said he was out of order, after dragging me away from kickin his ass...:grr:

That said his wee brother is a gid laff

Brandys? or it used to be that anyway,..Thats the only place in Loanhead he drinks as the rest are Hibs pubs apart from Paddys.

thebakerboy
09-02-2010, 07:34 PM
Dont know why this connection to Loanhead keeps coming because coming from Bonnyrigg none of the Lock family would be seen dead in a Loanhead pub and after winning something the only place Gary would be is in the Roses club in Bonnyrigg with his family. Suggest that after winning a cup it would be the Gary of the Naismith variety out lording it in Loanheid. Have known Garry Kevin Jaimie and dad Danny for many years and have always got on well with them as long as we stayed away from football but nobodies perfect. Have known the Whitticker family as well and avoided football with them for same reason but young Steven did all right for us at ER.:greengrin

Zondervan
09-02-2010, 08:19 PM
Gary locke
he wears a frock
hes down on his knees
sucking jefferies ....

Gonna get that one going at tynecastle on the 20th of march

Shocking. :dummytit:

The admin known as Bathgate Hibby deleted my very same post last week.

Obviously afraid of the Mafia repercussions from, you Big Tone. :cool2:

Great song though, copyright Mr Irvine Welsh, Tobago 2000.

bawheid
09-02-2010, 09:06 PM
I think you're right. Pretty sure he wouldn't have got one when he tried to grab the Cup from whoever was supposed to be lifting it that day they fluked it against Rangers.

Anyone remember the embarrassment of him grabbing the Scottish Cup out of Stevie Fulton's hands, even though he wasn't even on the bench that day?

Aye, same number of medals as Gary MacKay.

Judas Iscariot
09-02-2010, 09:36 PM
He's a welt..

Big pink hertz poofter..

Chocolate knees..

NOLA
10-02-2010, 01:20 AM
gary locke = nice guy = complete p*sh

hibby4ever
10-02-2010, 09:29 AM
the muppet was @ my wifes wee brothers school and he told me how much of a w**k*r he is and he is only 10 pmsl :thumbsup:

gogsy23
10-02-2010, 11:20 AM
yeah it was brandys.

i can assure you he was there, was in with davie murie and gary naismith and a load of garys pals from loanhead and bonnyrigg.

kevin was the same,used be be in loanhead all the time with his mates on the pull......:wink:

Sergy Pie
10-02-2010, 11:43 AM
He came into the shop I used to work in with Colin Cameron and some other player who's name escapes me just now. Anyway, whilst Mr Locke was patiently waiting on his chums finishing their shopping, I asked how his day had been. His reply was, 'Awrite pal, just waitin on they two cun*s eh". This was the Hearts captain who had lifted the Scottish Cup the season before.

Like a good employee, I didn't even flinch or show any emotion but underneath I was utterly disgusted that someone I had never met before would find it appropriate to speak like that. Never mind the fact it wasn't even a valid response to what I had asked him.

Did he not say "This is *****in magic?" on live radio after being asked on the pitch just after their win against Rangers what it was like to win the SC?

Says it all for me.

KerPlunk
10-02-2010, 11:51 AM
'Awrite pal, just waitin on they two cun*s eh".

Och, that was just GaGa Gary trying to impress you with his Begbie impersonation.

:jamboak: