PDA

View Full Version : European places.

O'Brien[11]
08-02-2010, 10:39 PM
what are the european places up for grabs this season?

3rd and 4th? or just 3rd? what happens with scottish cup this season? anyone fill me in?

seanraff07
09-02-2010, 01:21 AM
If you finish 3rd, you only need to get through 1 qualifying round to reach the Europa League Group Stages. If you finish 4th you need to go through 3 qualifying rounds to reach the Europa League Group Stages. If both teams that reach the Scottish Cup Final finish in the top 4 of the SPL, then if you finish 5th you need to get through 3 qualifying rounds to make the Europa League Group Stages, if one or both of the teams that reach the Scottish Cup Final aren't in the top 4 of the SPL then 5th place means nothing. If one of the teams in the Scottish Cup Final finished in the top 4, the other team in the Final will have to go through 3 qualifying rounds to make the Europa League Group Stages, if neither team in the Scottish Cup Final finished in the top 4, only the winner of the Final will be in Europe, having to get through 3 qualifying rounds to reach the Europa League Group Stages.

Speedy
09-02-2010, 02:45 AM
If you finish 3rd, you only need to get through 1 qualifying round to reach the Europa League Group Stages. If you finish 4th you need to go through 3 qualifying rounds to reach the Europa League Group Stages. If both teams that reach the Scottish Cup Final finish in the top 4 of the SPL, then if you finish 5th you need to get through 3 qualifying rounds to make the Europa League Group Stages, if one or both of the teams that reach the Scottish Cup Final aren't in the top 4 of the SPL then 5th place means nothing. If one of the teams in the Scottish Cup Final finished in the top 4, the other team in the Final will have to go through 3 qualifying rounds to make the Europa League Group Stages, if neither team in the Scottish Cup Final finished in the top 4, only the winner of the Final will be in Europe, having to get through 3 qualifying rounds to reach the Europa League Group Stages.

I don't think that is necessarily true. I think the cup winners get that Europa League spot. Unless of course one of the top 2 wins the cup then I think it goes to 3rd and the 'lesser' Europa League spot goes to the runners up.

I may be wrong though, and I'm too tired to go hunting for sauce.

bob12345
09-02-2010, 03:44 AM
I think he is saying that the cup winners do get a place and there are 5 spots in Europe in total.

Hibs Class
09-02-2010, 09:33 AM
Is there a fair play place in addition to all this?

sambajustice
09-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Doesnt matter what happens with the cup because we'll not win it!!

:greengrin

ballengeich
09-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Is there a fair play place in addition to all this?

Places aren't finalised yet, but almost certainly no.