PDA

View Full Version : Euro 2012 qualifiers Tuesday and Fridays!

scott7_0(Prague)
08-02-2010, 08:30 PM
So what is everyones thoughts on the the new system of double headers being played on Tuesday and Fridays, instead of the more traditional Wednesday and Saturdays?

I honestly cannot believe that UEFA may get away with another change in traditions.

What will they do next?

Danderhall Hibs
08-02-2010, 08:43 PM
So what is everyones thoughts on the the new system of double headers being played on Tuesday and Fridays, instead of the more traditional Wednesday and Saturdays?

I honestly cannot believe that UEFA may get away with another change in traditions.

What will they do next?

Saturday - Tuesday makes sense as it means the players will get back to their clubs a day earlier. I can't see too many folk from the clubs or the countries complaining about that.

I'd never heard the Friday mentioned before - what difference would that make?

bingo70
08-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Saturday - Tuesday makes sense as it means the players will get back to their clubs a day earlier. I can't see too many folk from the clubs or the countries complaining about that.

I'd never heard the Friday mentioned before - what difference would that make?

Maybe the countries like having a certain number of days for the players to recover from knocks, re-charge the batteries and organise tactics so would only be willing to bring the midweek game forward if the saturday game gets brought forward as well :dunno:

Broken Gnome
08-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Scotland home games won't be Friday nights so doesn't make too much difference to us.

scott7_0(Prague)
08-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Scotland home games won't be Friday nights so doesn't make too much difference to us.

SO how do you come to that conclusion, if you don't mind me asking?

Leithenhibby
08-02-2010, 09:16 PM
It does sound as if the footie is getting just a tad, messy...

More days in the week for a game to be played, more days in the week away from the wife.:thumbsup:

TV will be loving this....

woodythehibee
08-02-2010, 09:31 PM
We are getting further and further away from the good old Saturday afternoon K.O.

Very disappointing.

BroxburnHibee
08-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Playing our games on midweek nights will IMO help our campaign.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
08-02-2010, 09:41 PM

The Glasgow police will not allow a game on a Friday night. Too many people to handle along with the usual Friday night stuff.

CropleyWasGod
08-02-2010, 10:18 PM

What will they do next?

It's only relatively recently that Saturdays have been used, maybe the last 10 years or so. Before that it was always Wednesdays.

Traditions change. Some for the better, some not.

Broken Gnome
09-02-2010, 12:55 PM

The Glasgow police will not allow a game on a Friday night. Too many people to handle along with the usual Friday night stuff.

Aye, what he said :greengrin

Smith's already dismissed any hope of it happening.

Bad Martini
09-02-2010, 01:02 PM
Makes nae odds.

We'll still hammer everyone, including Spain, and win the European Championships by a clear fifteen goal lead :greengrin

cwilliamson85
09-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Police will have a big say and there answer will be NO to Friday night games.

wouldnt mind a wee weekend in spain or Prague after a win on the friday night though:wink:

hibbie02
09-02-2010, 01:20 PM

What will they do next?

Never mind aw that, how do we book into your place for the match in Prague? How far are you from Charles Bridge? These are the things we need to know!!! :greengrin

scott7_0(Prague)
09-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Never mind aw that, how do we book into your place for the match in Prague? How far are you from Charles Bridge? These are the things we need to know!!! :greengrin

:greengrin My new lodging are currently getting built, well it is once the bloody snow buggers off!!

I am looking forward to having Scotland here again and I am planning to organize another Scotland Gathering in some club, should be messy.... again!

Sandy
09-02-2010, 01:40 PM
:greengrin My new lodging are currently getting built, well it is once the bloody snow buggers off!!

I am looking forward to having Scotland here again and I am planning to organize another Scotland Gathering in some club, should be messy.... again!

Might see if I can get across and join you for that one mate, I wonder if any carrier flies Tripoli - Prague ? (without 15 different stops :grr: )

bod
09-02-2010, 01:44 PM

good,enjoyed the last 1 you got orginised.
try & get 1 thats got air con this time that last place was roasting

scott7_0(Prague)
09-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Might see if I can get across and join you for that one mate, I wonder if any carrier flies Tripoli - Prague ? (without 15 different stops :grr: )

KLM via Amsterdam my friend!

Joe Baker II
09-02-2010, 02:45 PM
UEFA has surrendered to the clubs from the big leagues again rather than consider the supporters of international teams - only welcome outcome may be in Scottish police forces are pressurised to rethink their moronic veto on Friday games and retruin to situation that existed in the 1990s.

Joe Baker II
09-02-2010, 02:46 PM
?

Only if you think the interests of a minority of large clubs are more important than the interests of football overall.

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Only if you think the interests of a minority of large clubs are more important than the interests of football overall.

How would playing on a Tuesday instead of a Wednesday upset football overall?

skyehibee
09-02-2010, 03:29 PM
Any idea when the dates of the fixtures get announced and who we play when?

Craig_in_Prague
09-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Czechs v Scotland on a Friday night in Prague. :confused:

Who are these geniuses :thumbsup:

Craig_in_Prague
09-02-2010, 03:32 PM
Any idea when the dates of the fixtures get announced and who we play when?

19th Feb, there's a meeting in Madrid to decide the games.