PDA

View Full Version : Question What's your biggest (football) regret in life?

iwasthere1972
08-02-2010, 07:01 PM
I still can't to this day remember why I didn't go but it may have been something to do with me being bevvied the previous night while underage.

Missing out on that 7-0 humping of the Yams in 1973. :boo hoo:

Ireallywasthere
08-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Seeing Hibs get six put past them in a Scottish Cup final:boo hoo:

Hainan Hibs
08-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Sitting watching a derby on TV when I was about 10.

Hibs were getting beat at the time 1 nil.

Let my mum watch Coronation Street.

Turned back and it was 6-2

:boo hoo:

MWHIBBIES
08-02-2010, 07:05 PM
Being a hibbie.:wink:

davym7062
08-02-2010, 07:14 PM
spending 500quid for a night out in athens:boo hoo:

God Petrie
08-02-2010, 07:15 PM
spending 500quid for a night out in athens:boo hoo:

This

or

Not going to ER after Hibs won the Skol Cup

The_Todd
08-02-2010, 07:16 PM
Not living in Scotland in the 06/07 season.

Ray_
08-02-2010, 07:24 PM
I still can't to this day remember why I didn't go but it may have been something to do with me being bevvied the previous night while underage.

Just a few days later against East Fife and the beginning of the end for what could have been a great team.

Ireallywasthere
08-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Just a few days later against East Fife and the beginning of the end for what could have been a great team.
yep, a horrible day that one Johnny Love kicked Edwards all over the park - still hate him to this day

jabis
08-02-2010, 07:44 PM

uberfan

:rolleyes:

Giving my uncle all the contents of a large envelope,that he had sent to me from ER.I think I kept the metal badge :rolleyes:
Its the reason I'm a Hibs fan,and the cause of many a fight at Buckie(NOT THE DRINK)High School.

:hmmm:

Next time I'm home I'll have to ask about it !

Gatecrasher
08-02-2010, 07:47 PM
missing a pen in the shoot out in the cup final when i played for polbeth.

and for a hibs one, not being there for ivans hat trick:boo hoo:

SteveHFC
08-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Missing the 3-3 draw with Rangers in 2007. :boo hoo:

Tinyclothes
08-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Running along next to the parade bus after the CIS cup win and running straight into a concrete bollard. Had a bruised pelvic bone for about a month afterwards and it was agnoy when I was on the job.

Reaper
08-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Not being there when Franck Sauzee made his last appearance at ER.

I'd like to meet him just once more, shake his hand and say 'Thank you' for helping to give some of the best Hibs memories I've ever had.

Hail Hail 'Le God' :boo hoo:

HibbyAndy
08-02-2010, 07:59 PM
missing a pen in the shoot out in the cup final when i played for polbeth.

and for a hibs one, not being there for ivans hat trick:boo hoo:

You know my cousins from Armadale? the Feeneys?

hibsbollah
08-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Having lots of 'grit and determination' but very little natural talent:boo hoo:

marinello59
08-02-2010, 08:02 PM
uberfan

:rolleyes:

Giving my uncle all the contents of a large envelope,that he had sent to me from ER.I think I kept the metal badge :rolleyes:
Its the reason I'm a Hibs fan,and the cause of many a fight at Buckie(NOT THE DRINK)High School.

:hmmm:

Next time I'm home I'll have to ask about it !

Who needed a reason to fight at Buckie High School?:greengrin

Gatecrasher
08-02-2010, 08:06 PM

dont think so, ken a few folk from Armadale though. so might have met them

Diclonius
08-02-2010, 08:13 PM
Leaving it late to buy tickets and consequently missing out on going to Hampden, March 2007. :boo hoo:

KeithTheHibby
08-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Running along next to the parade bus after the CIS cup win and running straight into a concrete bollard. Had a bruised pelvic bone for about a month afterwards and it was agnoy when I was on the job.

Sorry mate shouldn't laugh however that is comedy genius.:greengrin

For me missing the 3-0 millennium spanking for the Yams and missing out on Scotlands 1-0 victory over France a couple of years ago.

London Hibs FC
08-02-2010, 08:17 PM
Being told, at 15, by Jim McArthur that Hibs didn't want me as the coaching staff felt I didn't have the right attitude.

Not learning from the set-back at Hibs and applying myself when Terry Christie gave me a shot at Meadowbank.

Trying to make a come-back at London Hibs at 35, after 3 years without playing........... s***e doesn't quite cover it!

Missing my flight to Glasgow on the morning of 18th March 2007!!!

More than any of these, my Grandad never seeing Hibs win the Scottish Cup.

Jack
08-02-2010, 08:33 PM
Giving up playing football at about 27. But ...
I then took up playing cricket!
Then giving up cricket at 49!
I then took up ... dont know what to be disappointed at giving up next, bowls probably but I'm not sure I'm old enough yet ;-)
Oh and I went to Jordan for 3 weeks holiday and didn't go to Petra. What a choob!

HibbyAndy
08-02-2010, 08:35 PM
dont think so, ken a few folk from Armadale though. so might have met them

Ok mate :aok:

scotty1875
08-02-2010, 08:39 PM
1. Being on Holiday in Lanzarote for the 1-0 v Rangers and the 6 -2 game against the maroon baboons the following week in 2000.

I was dancing in the streets of Costa Teguise when I read the results in the paper on the Monday mornings. :greengrin

2. Not being able to go to many Saturday matches when Sauzee and Latapy were strutting their stuff due to my shifts at work.

Mellow Hibee
08-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Going to Ibrox the for the cup game after the Sproule hat trick and walking past the ladbrokes stand.

Looking at the price for 3-0 and suggesting we both put a tenner on, then being serious and deciding it would be a stupid bet.:grr:

London Hibs FC
08-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Going to Ibrox the for the cup game after the Sproule hat trick and walking past the ladbrokes stand.

Looking at the price for 3-0 and suggesting we both put a tenner on, then being serious and deciding it would be a stupid bet.:grr:

Did the exact same thing!

Not because I thought it was a stupid bet but it was 2:55pm, the bookie was full and I must admit to not really knowing how to make a bet........... I've simply never put one on before!

Hey, I know it can't be that complicated but I did, foolishly, feel a bit intimidated!

It was either 60/1 or 100/1.

jabis
08-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Who needed a reason to fight at Buckie High School?:greengrin

:singing:
We've got boots wi yella laces
We've got troosers,wi yella braces
We'll come in and kick your faces.....
We are the Buckie,BOOT BOYS.

Ah happy days....(mind you I was hiding behind the pie stand as all this was going on,at vikky park)

Bunter
08-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Going to see Hibs play Motherwell at Fir Park instead of going to see Squeeze at the Network on a Wednesday night. Reasoning that, "I'll go and see them next tour."
Hibs got pumped 4-1 and Squeeze stopped touring until 2 years later but without Jools Holland. :grr:

Pedantic_Hibee
08-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Having lots of 'grit and determination' but very little natural talent:boo hoo:

Having an abundance of natural talent (two-footed to boot), the highlight being told by our very own Yogi at a soccer school at the back of Leith Academy that I was the "star man" out of dozens of kids....and p1ssing it up the wall, believing that training and stupid 5-yard-pass-to-a-teammate-drills were beneath me.

Grates on me to this day so it does.

Ye live, ye learn, ye move on.

Hopefully my wee laddie will inherit some of the genes and I can guide him to a good career in football.

I have to say though, in an honest appraisal of his current ability; he is a budding Nade, i.e he's a fat b@**ard who needs to shed a few pounds, his first touch carries all the subtlety of Graham Rix in a junior disco, he turns like the QE2 and he couldnae score in a barrel of phannies.

Mind you, he only turned 3 in September so I'm not giving up on him just yet. :agree:

marinello59
08-02-2010, 09:01 PM
:singing:
We've got boots wi yella laces
We've got troosers,wi yella braces
We'll come in and kick your faces.....
We are the Buckie,BOOT BOYS.

Ah happy days....(mind you I was hiding behind the pie stand as all this was going on,at vikky park)

:greengrin

My Granny used to serve in the Pie Stand at Vikky Park. She was from Buckpool though, nobody would have messed with her.:greengrin

erin-go-bragh87
08-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Not making it at Middlesborough when I was 15 because I thought I was better than I was!

And as has been said before, my Great Grandad never seeing hibs lift the Scottish cup. Biggest hibby ever!!

Sick Boy
08-02-2010, 09:43 PM
1. Being unable to attend the AEK Athens game at ER as I was away that week.

2. Not being able to go to the Dnipro away leg as I had just started Uni.

MichelleHibs
08-02-2010, 09:44 PM
missing scotlands 1-0 win at wembley in the play offs in 1999(?)

being the conscientious person that i am i decided college was more important!!:grr:

oh and leaving the 6-2 game at half time to go to the playhouse for an A1 concert!! :rolleyes:

simple
08-02-2010, 10:06 PM
My biggest regret is deciding to stay in the royal nip rather than go to the game, we beat the jambos 6-2, was the first and last time I ever do that.:grr:

HibeeMcGinn1
08-02-2010, 11:01 PM
missing scotlands 1-0 win at wembley in the play offs in 1999(?)

being the conscientious person that i am i decided college was more important!!:grr:

oh and leaving the 6-2 game at half time to go to the playhouse for an A1 concert!! :rolleyes:

We have our winner.

iwasthere1972
08-02-2010, 11:05 PM
Seeing Hibs get six put past them in a Scottish Cup final:boo hoo:

Me too. :boo hoo:

J-C
08-02-2010, 11:16 PM
Apart from not being good enough to turn pro, probably being too young to see the Famous Five in action during the Fifties.

hibsbollah
09-02-2010, 06:25 AM
Having an abundance of natural talent (two-footed to boot), the highlight being told by our very own Yogi at a soccer school at the back of Leith Academy that I was the "star man" out of dozens of kids....and p1ssing it up the wall, believing that training and stupid 5-yard-pass-to-a-teammate-drills were beneath me.

Hopefully my wee laddie will inherit some of the genes and I can guide him to a good career in football.

I have to say though, in an honest appraisal of his current ability; he is a budding Nade, i.e he's a fat b@**ard who needs to shed a few pounds, his first touch carries all the subtlety of Graham Rix in a junior disco, he turns like the QE2 and he couldnae score in a barrel of phannies.

Mind you, he only turned 3 in September so I'm not giving up on him just yet. :agree:

My 3 year old is similarly lacking in all the skills required of a professional footballer, but i'm convinced he'll be a late bloomer and will be the midfield maestro in Hibs 2025-26 squad:agree:

Pedantic_Hibee
09-02-2010, 06:27 AM
My 3 year old is similarly lacking in all the skills required of a professional footballer, but i'm convinced he'll be a late bloomer and will be the midfield maestro in Hibs 2025-26 squad:agree:

I suspect my laddie will feature in the same pre-season squad photo but that's about the only time you'll see his coupon......the rest of his work will be unseen despite apparently being an ever-present during the campaign :boo hoo:

"That number 7 reminds me of Brian Kerr in his heyday"
"..............what number 7, I thought we were down to ten men?"

Wembley67
09-02-2010, 06:49 AM

Should change you username to iwassnaethere1973 :wink:

KWJ
09-02-2010, 06:50 AM
Not living in Scotland in the 06/07 season.

That but this season.

But then I wouldn't be here. Arrrgh!

Sandy
09-02-2010, 07:18 AM
Being at the club shop on a Saturday (down from Aberdeen for the Friday/Saturday night) and being asked if I fancied buying a couple of tickets for the derby the following day, saying 'no I have to drive back up to Aberdeen the morn' it was October 2000, I wonder what the score turned out to be :confused: :grr:

ancient hibee
09-02-2010, 09:47 AM
Eddie Turnbull not realising a better centre half would complete the team and buying a centre forward instead.

Not getting a penalty when McCoy fouled Colin Campbell in the last minute.

Phil MaGlass
09-02-2010, 09:52 AM
One of my regrets.Ive had a few,too few to mention, was believe it or not I went with a mate in my younger years to a D.Utd v Huns game and Hibs humped Killie 8-1,couldnae believe it.The biggest regret is not only for me but thousands of folk not having seen us lift the SC.
If I can think of any more i will let you know.

snooky
09-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Having a good football brain but nae legs or feet to go with it. :boo hoo:

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Eddie Turnbull not realising a better centre half would complete the team and buying a centre forward instead.

Not getting a penalty when McCoy fouled Colin Campbell in the last minute.

If Campbell had just been a little more crisp off the mark, he'd have scored.

ancient hibee
09-02-2010, 09:58 AM
If Campbell had just been a little more crisp off the mark, he'd have scored.
Derek Riordan would have scored no bother.

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Derek Riordan would have scored no bother.

Yip, the golden wonder boy.

ancient hibee
09-02-2010, 10:02 AM
Those that complain about Nish being cumbersome never saw Colin Campbell.

MacBean
09-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Moving to India after the CIS cup semi final win over St Johnstone, to miss the final and lose out on our cup glory!

that as well as attending that semi against hearts! (4-0)

Woody1985
09-02-2010, 11:36 AM

:faf: :faf: :faf:

Speedway
09-02-2010, 01:39 PM
Trying to impress Peter Cormack too much during a trial at Hibs and passing up three chances to score by trying a Stanley Mathews feint and it turning into a Bernard Mathews faint.

Never meeting Eddie Turnbull.

Shaving off my Albert Kidd tribute moutache.

Waiting for the fans to get back.

Lending Petrie £5. I'll never see that again.

gstarbry1875
09-02-2010, 02:05 PM
Missing Ivan's Hat-trick at Ibrox. I had a game on that day and told my dad i was playing rather than going with him and my sister to the game.....

what made it a lot worse is my game got called off because the referee didn't show up!! Raging!!:boo hoo:

greenlex
09-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Retiring at 21.:agree:

Dashing Bob S
09-02-2010, 02:12 PM
The Yams pulling back a late ill-deserved consolation in the 6-2 game. 8-1 would have been a fairer result.

Hibee-Rocker
09-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Biggest football regret, is no sticking in at it when i was a kid....

Monktonhall 7
09-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Leaving the PBS with 20 mins to go, and finding out in the morning that Joe McBride had scored 2 late goals. Never left early again.

Hardly missing an away game during the Miller years. I'm sure we went over a year without an away win.

Going on my Honeywoon and missing the 2nd leg against the Huns in October 1985. Found out the result a day later.

Turning down the chance to go to the Nou Camp in 1999 for champs League final, cause cash was a bit tight.

I think I need counselling after dragging all that up.

Phil D. Rolls
09-02-2010, 04:22 PM
Not fully enjoying the League Cup win because of other things happening in my life. They sorted themselves out in due course, but that day can never be repeated.

Leaving Tynecastle with 10 minutes to go, when we were two down - only for Joe McBride (jr) to score two goals.

Taking the Turnbull years for granted.

Anyone got the Samaratine's number? :boo hoo:

edit: not reading the post above me before I posted.

lyonhibs
09-02-2010, 07:09 PM
My biggest regret is deciding to stay in the royal nip rather than go to the game, we beat the jambos 6-2, was the first and last time I ever do that.:grr:

Dearie me, that's a belter!!!

Mine would be - due to my mate/Hibs online TO system being - collectively - absolutely useless, I missed out on tix for the LC Final of 2007, despite flying back from Lyon for it.

erin go bragh
09-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Trying to impress Peter Cormack too much during a trial at Hibs and passing up three chances to score by trying a Stanley Mathews feint and it turning into a Bernard Mathews faint.

still time to meet et mate:wink:

erin go bragh
09-02-2010, 07:58 PM
getting locked out at hampden 91 cup final[hadnt missed a game home or away in 3 seasons.:grr:
did manage to kiss the cup at easter road[budgie had it and gave me a cuddle with it] :top marks

.Louise.
09-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Not going to America on a Scholarship :boo hoo:

jdships
09-02-2010, 08:08 PM

Can sympathise with you on that one - Oh how I still wish I had been good enough even get a trial !!
Had to settle for second best - played against the Hibees twice at ER ( down the slope :greengrin)

:notworthy:

Albanian Hibs
09-02-2010, 08:11 PM
Going on holiday to Turkey in an October and missing the biggest humping of the Yams in my life so far :boo hoo: Gutted watching the goals come in on teletext :boo hoo: Marmaris certainly knew who Mixu Paatelainen was that night and for the rest of the 2 weeks :greengrin

7Hero
09-02-2010, 08:16 PM
giving up my seat in the west, that whole episode is full of many regrets although none of them football related..: greengrin ill never get a better seat than that again...

and...

not attending the hands off hibs rally as i was young and my dad thought it was a bad idea !

MichelleHibs
09-02-2010, 10:18 PM
We have our winner.

what do i win?!!

for what its worth, i dont regret going to the concert....only regret missing the 2nd half!

Ed De Gramo
09-02-2010, 10:26 PM
Probably going to Hampden for that Semi Final match that never happened...

bubblesmorrison
09-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Not being there when Franck Sauzee made his last appearance at ER.

I'd like to meet him just once more, shake his hand and say 'Thank you' for helping to give some of the best Hibs memories I've ever had.

Hail Hail 'Le God' :boo hoo:

am i the only one that thinks hibs should bring him back to do a half time draw or sumthing?

Pete
09-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Being spotted by Manchester United when I was 7...therefore becoming too big for my boots and telling Fergie to piss off just before I was about to break into the first team with Beckham, Scholes and the Neville brothers.

Missing the '91 league cup final.

Nando™
09-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Biggest football regret, is no sticking in at it when i was a kid....
This.

HibeeMcGinn1
09-02-2010, 10:37 PM
what do i win?!!

for what its worth, i dont regret going to the concert....only regret missing the 2nd half!

Sweet FA :)
Dont think it really counts but I had a ticket for scotland france (mcfadden) but turned it down for a lads week in magaluf. What a night it was that night, it sounded like magaluf was 90% scottish that night.

villager
09-02-2010, 11:49 PM
arriving in athens airport to hear the news.

hibeemikey21
09-02-2010, 11:51 PM
Being spotted by Manchester United when I was 7...therefore becoming too big for my boots and telling Fergie to piss off just before I was about to break into the first team with Beckham, Scholes and the Neville brothers.

Missing the '91 league cup final.

This guy can win for biggest porkie! If only it was beckham that had said it and not you..........

Pete
10-02-2010, 12:05 AM
This guy can win for biggest porkie! If only it was beckham that had said it and not you..........

I'd comment further...

...but the super-injunction and all that!:greengrin

RMG_82
10-02-2010, 02:02 AM

Personally - Emmigrating to australia after losing the OVD cup final thinking i'd nver get a better chance to win it only to see my old team win it two years later. Bathgate Thistle. Sticking in when i trained with hearts when i was 12. I wore my hibs shorts underneath my hearts strip and got found out. Bobby Jenks emptied me soon after.

Hibs - Never been to Tynecastle as an away hibs fan cause i could never get a ticket :boo hoo:

KiddA
10-02-2010, 02:11 AM

Missing the League cup final in 2007. I live and work in Jacksonville, Florida and could not come home as it would have been a breach of my working visa. I did watch it online with a few American friends but I was the only one going crazy with the goals flowing in. They did not know how much that game meant to me but they did after watching it :agree:

rainman
10-02-2010, 05:00 AM
I've been pretty lucky and not missed too many games but i did miss Hunter's winner at Tynecastle, Ivan's Hat-trick and I still can't believe i didn't go to Trinidad and Tobaco.

banchoryhibs
10-02-2010, 06:01 AM
Leaving just before Scotland equalised against Yugoslavia in the 1974 World Cup :grr:

and

not being alive in 1902:greengrin

Sandy
10-02-2010, 09:39 AM
Leaving just before Scotland equalised against Yugoslavia in the 1974 World Cup :grr:

and

not being alive in 1902:greengrin

I thought your biggest regret would have been sharing your beer with me and a certain admin on this site on the train down to Glasgow prior to us horsing the Huns 3-0 in the cup :greengrin Oh aye and missing the return train if I remember correctly :faf:

cockneymike
10-02-2010, 10:12 AM
1.Missing the AEK Athens game, if I have to hear, 'the greatest atmosphere ever' one more time...... :wink:

2. Although being in Gran Canaria for the millenium derby is up there as well. Especially as although it was on sky sports 3, apparently you couldn't get it in Gran Canaria for some reason. Or at least that's what every pub in Puerto Rico told me that night.... :grr:

3. Final one though, not the all time worst, but grating nonetheless; was staying up all night at a party in London to get the first train up on a sunday morning, going straight to tynecastle, without a drink as the train was delayed, losing 2nil, then going straight to waverley for the train back down south, arriving about 0030, to get back to work on the monday morning. What a total waste of time and money.

God Petrie
10-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Turning down Barcelona when they were looking for a playmaker.

They signed Messi instead and the rest is history...

Stantons Angel
10-02-2010, 03:47 PM
I have been a bit luckier than some of our posters and not missed many of the main games spoken of.

My main regret is not having seen the Famous Five play, ive heard so much about how Gordon Smith terrorised defences and for the only time wish i was a wee bit older and had seen them......

A big regret is having taken my son, then aged 3yrs old, through to Paisley to watch George Best play for Hibs...... he cant remember seeing him play!!!!!!!!

What a life!!!!

jakedance
10-02-2010, 03:55 PM
I've been a season ticket holder more often than not for 17 years and I think I only missed a couple of seasons when I was a student but still paid at the gate to most of the home games. Of the few home games I've missed in this time I can regrettably say I missed both the AEK Athens game and 6-2. I decided I couldn't afford the former (which was probably the case looking back) and chose to watch the latter in the pub (no excuse, I was just being lazy).

Chrissie_aka_Davoo
10-02-2010, 03:59 PM
leaving the 6-2 game at half time to go to the playhouse for an A1 concert!! :rolleyes:

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

sorry, I couldn't let that one go past unnoticed.:greengrin

****ing hell.

My own personal regret is missing Broony's last game for Hibs against Celtic. I used to work Sundays, and if I rememeber correctly I'd taken at least three days off in the remaining weeks of the season to get to games, and decided that a 'meaningless' game against the tic wouldn't be worth it.

I can still vividly remember Broony's debut, and he was without doubt my favourite player of recent years. It hurts a bit to think that I missed his diving header goal and standing ovation from both sets of fans after.

hibee_girl
10-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Missing Tam McManus' first goal for Hibs because I was on holiday :boo hoo:

(couldn't think of anything else lol)

FitbaFolkKen
10-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Getting complimentary tickets for the 0-4 semi final from my work, designated driver getting lost on way through.....get there at half time, get in the ground, Hibs colours on and we are in the wrong end.... sit down and pretty much first thing we see is Hartley beat Zibi with a free kick "am i **** sitting in this"....the shortest game of football ever attended by 3 hibbies!!!

KWJ
10-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Missing Tam McManus' first goal for Hibs because I was on holiday :boo hoo:

(couldn't think of anything else lol)

Against Dundee Utd, about August 2000. I remember it well :wink:

Sauzee told him he'd score that day. True story!

Funny the things you remember.

Bayern Bru
10-02-2010, 05:33 PM

Believe I might.

Jim_in_Canada
10-02-2010, 05:36 PM
My biggest regret -

Going to the 1973 0-7 game at Tynecastle and being too hung over to take in what was going on !!

ancient hibee
10-02-2010, 05:38 PM
My biggest regret -

Going to the 1973 0-7 game at Tynecastle and being too hung over to take in what was going on !!
My only regret about that game is we took our foot off the gas in the second half.

Bayern Bru
10-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Missing Ivan's hattrick. I was going mental in the car but it just wasn't the same. :rolleyes:

hibee_girl
10-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Against Dundee Utd, about August 2000. I remember it well :wink:

Sauzee told him he'd score that day. True story!

Funny the things you remember.

:agree:

I was going mental at my Mum, imagine taking me to Portugal making me miss Tam's goal :grr: it was clearly ALL her fault :greengrin

KWJ
10-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Tam was my favourite player growing up too. Had him on my back when he was 27 & 17. Mind him coming on for his debut v Stranraer in the last game of the first div season. Didn't play again until the last game of the next season away to the Jambos. Colin Cameron kicked him into the Hearts stand :thumbsup:

Did he not pull a lass in the Hearts end as well, gave her a cheeky wink and she got in touch with hibs and they dated :greengrin

Had the pleasure of meeting him in Tenerife, was so drunk I didn't remember until a week later!

Surprised he's only at Ayr Utd now :grr:

heartbreaker
10-02-2010, 09:25 PM
I'd like to have seen the Famous Five play.

I'd like to have seen Hibs beat one of Hearts or Rangers or Celtic in that order in a Scottish Cup Final....perhaps this year for that.