PDA

View Full Version : Who wants the Pubteam to take points of Celtc

HibbyAndy
08-02-2010, 04:50 PM
I hope Hearts get an utter humping on Wed night in Glasgow! Couldnt care if we have the chance to leapfrog Celtc, If we could beat the Sheep coupled with the deluded yins getting horsed at Parkheid then 17 points difference sounds sheerly amazing.

So get it roond ye's ya bunch of greetin faced twats. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Brando7
08-02-2010, 04:55 PM
more points the better :agree:

500miles
Celtic are the competition. Hearts are - in so many ways - beneath us.

My head says a Hearts win would be best, but I could live with a draw!

Mikey
It would be good if Hearts could do us a favour but I can't see it. As long as they keep the score down and don't let Celtic build up the goal difference it'll be ok.

No more than 5-0 would be acceptable I suppose.

Captain Trips
08-02-2010, 04:56 PM
Cmon Hearts

ChicoM1875
08-02-2010, 04:57 PM
A draw for Hearts/Celtc

5-0 Hibs win please.

HibbyAndy
08-02-2010, 04:58 PM
It would be good if Hearts could do us a favour but I can't see it. As long as they keep the score down and don't let Celtic build up the goal difference it'll be ok.

No more than 5-0 would be acceptable I suppose.

But Romanov has clearly stated as long as he's at Hearts they will never ever get beat by a 5-0 score or more so we can count that out.

Celtc to win by a barrowload and a sending off for Stewart will do nicely.

YehButNoBut
We're so far ahead of Hearts these days that they are no longer our rivals. :wink:

Hopefully they can sneak a draw to help in our quest for 2nd place.

We must however, take care of the sheep, ooh err.

Speedy
I went for naw because I can't see us finishing about Celtic but I'm not that bothered about the result. Would be happy no matter what so a draw may be the best result.

CallumLaidlaw
08-02-2010, 04:59 PM
as long as we beat Aberdeen I'd be happy to see Hearts beat Celtic. We'd still be 14pts ahead of them with a game in hand, and we'd be 2nd.

I don't think we'll finish 2nd, but the longer we hang on to Celtic, the better.

Kevin Thomson will have to eat his words for a start :wink:

KerPlunk
08-02-2010, 05:00 PM
I hope Hearts get an utter humping on Wed night in Glasgow! Couldnt care if we have the chance to leapfrog Celtc, If we could beat the Sheep coupled with the deluded yins getting horsed at Parkheid then 17 points difference sounds sheerly amazing.

Every now and then we have to put our Yam hatred aside and look at the bigger picture - :agree:

I would ****in' love the ****bos to turn over the Mhanks - that would a) be a huge boost for Hibs push for 2nd spot b)would pile the pressure on Mowbray

At the end of the day, the points difference between us and them is totally irrelevant if we were still seriously in the hunt to split the Bigots at Easter.

First things first though - wiping that supercilious grin off Muttley's coupon on Weds night. :wink:

Hainan Hibs
08-02-2010, 05:02 PM
I ****ing hate those Gorgie *****.

Cannot bring myself to wish for anything other than another humping of the Yams.

Ireallywasthere
08-02-2010, 05:03 PM
as long as we beat Aberdeen I'd be happy to see Hearts beat Celtic. We'd still be 14pts ahead of them with a game in hand, and we'd be 2nd.

I don't think we'll finish 2nd, but the longer we hang on to Celtic, the better.

Kevin Thomson will have to eat his words for a start :wink:
For the first time in my puff I want the yams to win a game - however, they won't and I won't shed any tears.

soupy
08-02-2010, 05:07 PM
I would be delighted if they managed a draw, but i honestly cant see it happening, unless stewart was to get a penalty, thats the only way theyll score....GGTTH

HibbyAndy
08-02-2010, 05:09 PM
I would be delighted if they managed a draw, but i honestly cant see it happening, unless stewart was to get a penalty, thats the only way theyll score....GGTTH

Awrite mate, What you been uptae?

Agreed tho, Stewart is a dead cert for a penalty, ***** lucky barstewards:grr::grr:

CallumLaidlaw
08-02-2010, 05:09 PM

to be fair, I'm sure we all thought that the 1st 2 times they played them this season

declan macmanus
08-02-2010, 05:11 PM
Hell let's go for a win at Ibrox on Sunday too....then when Celtic win the next two old firm games.......:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

zemmamarama
08-02-2010, 05:12 PM
I hope they both lose

--------
08-02-2010, 05:13 PM
Of course - the more points Celtic drop, the better chance we have of getting ahead of them.

Who're these 'Hearts'? :cool2:

iwasthere1972
08-02-2010, 05:17 PM
A good royal pumping, some injuries and red cards for the Yams please. Don't want them thinking that they are Hibs class. :thumbsup:

Celtic are gash and if we are realistic contenders for that Champions League place then one game shouldn't matter.

:notworthy: :notworthy:

Banter
08-02-2010, 05:27 PM

And we call Hearts fans deluded.:bitchy: Who gives a how many points seperates Hibs and Hearts.

Fact is Celtic dropping points would be of more benefit to Hibs than Hearts gaining some. Anyone who thinks different is in my opinion being petty.

Posts like this are embarrassing.:rolleyes:

HibbyAndy
08-02-2010, 05:34 PM
And we call Hearts fans deluded.:bitchy: Who gives a how many points seperates Hibs and Hearts.Fact is Celtic dropping points would be of more benefit to Hibs than Hearts gaining some. Anyone who thinks different is in my opinion being petty.

Posts like this are embarrassing.:rolleyes:

Me- and id wager quite a few more take great satisfaction in being loadsa points ahead of Hearts?

Whats deluded about that?.

joe breezy
08-02-2010, 05:35 PM
A draw please

iwasthere1972
08-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Me- and id wager quite a few more take great satisfaction in being loadsa points ahead of Hearts?

Whats deluded about that?.

:agree:

Big Frank
08-02-2010, 05:39 PM

Andy, I want the pub teamers pumped at every opportunity.:agree:

We'll take care of our own points, and can do celtc if we believe enough (see what i did there:cool2:)

HibbyAndy
08-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Andy, I want the pub teamers pumped at every opportunity.:agree:
We'll take care of our own points, and can do celtc if we believe enough (see what i did there:cool2:)

Wouldnt give them the steam of ma pish.

SanFranHibs
08-02-2010, 05:44 PM
At least in the minds of some Hibs fans who want Celtic to hump Hearts rather than us possibly leapfrog Celtic and still have a game in hand. If Hearts losing to any team who we are challenging for second place is more important than the best result for Hibernian then obviously we do have a small team mentality viz a viz Hearts.

I hate Hearts !! I look forward to seeing their financial situation bring them down, but this week it is better for Hibs that Celtic lose !

Just my humble opinion Master Copperfield !

:notworthy:

Sir David Gray
Under normal circumstances, I would want Hearts to lose every single game that they play.

However, we are now well into February and we find ourselves just two points behind Celtic. If we beat Aberdeen and Hearts beat Celtic, we will be in 2nd place and we will still have a game in hand.

I understand that people want to finish loads of points above Hearts but let's be honest, we're already loads of points above them as it is. :greengrin

I think we need to look at the bigger picture here. From now until the end of the season, I hope Hearts beat Rangers, Celtic and Dundee Utd and lose to everyone else.

The_Todd
So many conflicting feelings here. We could go 2nd on Wednesday, but then I want Ha-Ha-Hearts to get shafted no matter what.

I'll settle for a draw to GIRFU both of them. Keane to be sent off, too.

Prof. Shaggy
08-02-2010, 05:47 PM
All I want is a win over Aberdeen. If that happens, whatever else happens between Celtc and Hearts is a win for us.

SanFranHibs
08-02-2010, 05:47 PM
So many conflicting feelings here. We could go 2nd on Wednesday, but then I want Ha-Ha-Hearts to get shafted no matter what.

I'll settle for a draw to GIRFU both of them. Keane to be sent off, too.

the above would still be very acceptable !!

:thumbsup:

Calvin
08-02-2010, 05:48 PM
This is a ridiculous thread IMO and struggle to believe some of the posts.

People actually want us to lose ground on the teams in front of us? Very odd IMO.

Anyone wanting Celtic to win can certainly never moan at the board or manager about a lack of ambition.

Diclonius
08-02-2010, 05:48 PM
If Hearts win, they will instantly start proclaiming themselves as our rival title challengers. In addition, it'll spur them on to another sequence of jammy 1-0 wins.

I could not stomach another month of that *****. Celtic win please.

Ireallywasthere
08-02-2010, 05:52 PM
If Hearts win, they will instantly start proclaiming themselves as our rival title challengers. In addition, it'll spur them on to another sequence of jammy 1-0 wins.

I could not stomach another month of that *****. Celtic win please.
I wouldn't have a problem with the Yams getting that third spot. I just cant see celtic dropping that many points tho :devil:

iwasthere1972
08-02-2010, 05:52 PM
I've changed my mind.

A draw would be the best result for us. Points dropped by Celtic and Hearts still remain the distance of Land's End and John O'Groats behind us.

0-0. A boring draw with plenty of action from the ref's pocket.

I'm happy with that now. :agree:

iwasthere1972
08-02-2010, 05:53 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with the Yams getting that third spot. I just cant see celtic dropping that many points tho :devil:

Eh what do you mean "Ireallywasthere"

You doubting me or something? :grr:

machibby
08-02-2010, 05:54 PM
nil-nil quickly followed by a thumping from Falkirk would be a sweet set of results to my mind. But what I'm hoping for more than anything is to have that tw@ mcghoo sratching around for excuses in his post match interview.

HibbyAndy
08-02-2010, 05:55 PM

People actually want us to lose ground on the teams in front of us? Very odd IMO.

Anyone wanting Celtic to win can certainly never moan at the board or manager about a lack of ambition.

If you listen to John Hughes he will tell you Celtc are 'miles ahead of hibs'..does Yogi lack ambition?

Im merely after feedback as to what the best outcome for Hibs is on Wednesday night,I cant stomach Hearts winning ever, and Wed night will be no different.

IMO Hibs have no chance of taking 2nd place so the more points we move ahead of Hearts and the Aberdeens of the world the better.

Ireallywasthere
08-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Eh what do you mean "Ireallywasthere"

You doubting me or something? :grr:
Nope, as you can see I'm a newcomer to this - didn't spot your username till to late. I was there but can't remember an awful lot about it
Apologies !!!

seanraff07
08-02-2010, 05:56 PM
If you listen to John Hughes he will tell you Celtc are 'miles ahead of hibs'..does Yogi lack ambition?

Im merely after feedback as to what the best outcome for Hibs is on Wednesday night,I cant stomach Hearts winning ever, and Wed night will be no different.

IMO Hibs have no chance of taking 2nd place so the more points we move ahead of Hearts and the Aberdeens of the world the better.

I think he just want's to take any pressure off our players IMO.

HibbyAndy
08-02-2010, 06:00 PM
I think he just want's to take any pressure off our players IMO.

There's nae pressure on, 3rd place finish would be a tremendous 1st season for Hibs and Hughes, brilliant achievement by Hughes in his 1st season IF we took 3rd place.

Sergey
08-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Wins for Hamilton and Falkirk on Wednesday would be useful, especially if the Yams were to lose to them too in the coming weeks.

Their wee sphincter's will be twitching, then!

iwasthere1972
Nope, as you can see I'm a newcomer to this - didn't spot your username till to late. I was there but can't remember an awful lot about it
Apologies !!!

No need to apologise.

I sometimes look at your posts and think "I can't remember posting that pash". :greengrin

brydekirk
I've changed my mind.

A draw would be the best result for us. Points dropped by Celtic and Hearts still remain the distance of Land's End and John O'Groats behind us.

Calvin

Yogi said today that his target is to get in front of the Old Firm - and I agree that he is wanting to take the pressure off this season but I reckon he's thinking what most of us are. We are still a bit off Celtic but as long as the league is as it is, we have an outside chance.

I understand what you're saying, and I feel the fact that I don't dislike Hearts that much, especially compared to yourself, influences my opinion!

The Voice Of Reason
Mature response - I want Hearts to take points off Celtic.

Honest response - hope the t*ssers get humped, with men sent off and injuries suffered. Also hope their fans get a doing after the game. :agree:

The Voice of Maturity has spoken ! :wink:

crewetollhibee
I've changed my mind.

What you say, plus a good few hamstrings pulled on either side.

Malthibby
08-02-2010, 06:10 PM
And Keane & Stewart injured, sent off & arrested for handbags in the tunnel...
As long as I can watch us do Aberdeen then fix der hun at the weekend, a 0:0 will do nicely, but only because they can't both lose.
GG

HFC 0-7
08-02-2010, 06:42 PM
Cmon Hearts

Did you have to get someone else to type that? My fingers just wouldnt let me type that out, instead I think they would turn on me and scratch my eyes out.

Pedantic_Hibee
08-02-2010, 06:47 PM
I hope Hearts get royally pumped.

****** 'em. In fact, whilst I'm here, ****** 'em twice, three times and more.

A bigger integrity-stripped, downtrodden, illegitimate, corrupt and downright honking club I've yet to come across.

And in one of life's most sweetest of moments, they and their fans are absolutely made for each other. To top it all off, they've got a backstabbing fat disaster of a manager at the helm as well. Perfect. Picture f***ing perfect.

The sooner that horrible stain on Edinburgh slithers down a drain the better. They won't be missed.

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2010, 06:47 PM
I could live with a hearts win, lets be honest, they are not our competition anymore.

Westie1875
08-02-2010, 06:56 PM
As long as we beat the sheep a Hearts win will do me fine

ahibby
08-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Yes keep the dream alive a while longer.

Cropley10
08-02-2010, 07:42 PM
All I want is a win over Aberdeen. If that happens, whatever else happens between Celtc and Hearts is a win for us.

:agree: Very, very true. Perfectly put.:thumbsup:

Russian Hibs Fan
08-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Come on maroon! Hey, we have a real chance for the 2nd place = Champions League! Why the hell we should be worry because of the Lithuania pub team?

wee 162
08-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Best result for us would be a Hearts win. There's next to no chance they're catching us barring a catastrophic collapse by us, and a pretty unlikely good run for them.

If we were to score 3 goals and Hearts don't score any on Wednesday, we'll have scored more goals this year (18 in the last 5 weeks so far) than they have managed in the league this season. I wouldn't be worrying too much about them catching us.

Of course if Jefferies manages to continue his so far splendid toley touch then it might no be outwith the realms of possibility that they could end up in a relegation battle...

Draw then :devil:

allmodcons
08-02-2010, 07:50 PM

:agree:Good post! Can't see Hearts winning but would be happy with a draw.

Reaper
08-02-2010, 07:59 PM
For me, as always, my first concern is Hibs getting 3 points. As for 2nd place. Over the course of a League season, if we earn and deserve second.

So to answer the question Hearts or Celtic?????...........................I couldn't give a Monkey's ****** :wink:

jabis
08-02-2010, 08:13 PM
As long as we beat the sheep a Hearts win will do me fine

If it was celtc v anybody else,we would be rooting for anybody else.

as for comments like "it won't matter at the end of the season"....PIHS !
I want the Bigot *&%^$£$% to lose as many games as is humanly possible.

EH6 Hibby
08-02-2010, 08:18 PM
If it wasn't for us beating Rangers twice then Hearts would have been nowhere near them the season they finished 2nd, I think it's about time they returned the favour. :agree:

jabis
08-02-2010, 08:18 PM

No offence Andy,but,it sounds like you would prefer we came 3rd,20 points ahead of hertz,rather than 2nd,2 points ahead of the aforementioned *****hawks ?

Leithenhibby
08-02-2010, 08:23 PM

Wouldnt give them the steam of ma pish.

:faf: Just reading through this thread...magic.

HibbyAndy
08-02-2010, 08:24 PM
No offence Andy,but,it sounds like you would prefer we came 3rd,20 points ahead of hertz,rather than 2nd,2 points ahead of the aforementioned *****hawks ?

Mate, Not atall.. I just really dont think we will come 2nd, So the more points we gain on Hearts etc the better.. cause you can bet you bottom dollar Hearts will pick up points when least expected :agree:

Sorry, I just dont buy this theory we can finish 2nd, im all for positive thinking, But Hibs to finish above Celtc? NO!.

Lets consolidate 3rd place:agree: That would be a fantastic return for JH 1st season.

sixtwo
08-02-2010, 08:25 PM
First and foremost I want us to take care of aberdeen. Any win will do:thumbsup:

I think hearts will get humiliated at parkhead. Celtic are desperate to get their challenge back on track and they now have a very potent strikeforce. Hearts will be weak at the back.

This may sound foolish but I am gonna put a couple of quid on hearts to get beat 7 nil..........again!:greengrin

Saorsa
08-02-2010, 08:26 PM
As long as Hibs win I'd be happy with any result in that game, If the smellies drop points good, if the yams get hammered good, if they baith drop points good.

The yams getting stuffed would be the most enjoyable though :greengrin even if no the most beneficial tae Hibs.

jabis
08-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Mate, Not atall.. I just really dont think we will come 2nd, So the more points we gain on Hearts etc the better.. cause you can bet you bottom dollar Hearts will pick up points when least expected :agree:

Sorry, I just dont buy this theory we can finish 2nd, im all for positive thinking, But Hibs to finish above Celtc? NO!.

Lets consolidate 3rd place:agree: That would be a fantastic return for JH 1st season.

Hartz managed it,and we have a far better squad IMO.
3rd would be great,but I'm a happy clapper :greengrin

Purehibee_MYB
08-02-2010, 08:30 PM
I hope they both lose

:top marks best comment so far

but we may as well hope for a jambos win, we are 14 points ahead of them with a game in hand, so if we win and they win we will still have that margin but we will be in second... It might not last but at least the gap between us and sellick wont be big at the end of the season, but i have £20 riding on us finishing second SO 'MON THE HIBS :notworthy:

HibbyAndy
08-02-2010, 08:31 PM
As long as Hibs win I'd be happy with any result in that game, If the smellies drop points good, if the yams get hammered good, if they baith drop points good.

The yams getting stuffed would be the most enjoyable though :greengrin even if no the most beneficial tae Hibs.

Halley***** looyaa..we have a winner:thumbsup::thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
08-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Hartz managed it,and we have a far better squad IMO.3rd would be great,but I'm a happy clapper :greengrin

:greengrin

Leithenhibby
08-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Take care of Aberdeen, and anything else is a bonus.....:fibber:

It would be interesting IF we go 2nd and win the game in hand.

Bring it on I say...:cool2: Let those tossers worry about us...:wink:

jabis
08-02-2010, 08:33 PM

wrong,wrong ,wrong..........the last bit BTW,the OF getting humped at EVERY oppertunity will do me :agree::agree::agree:

Saorsa
08-02-2010, 08:33 PM
Halley***** looyaa..we have a winner:thumbsup::thumbsup:What's the prize? :dunno: :greengrin You dipping in tae yer pocket tae buy a drink! :hilarious

jabis
08-02-2010, 08:37 PM

I'll take that as a new member of the "happy clappers" clique :thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
08-02-2010, 08:40 PM
What's the prize? :dunno: :greengrin You dipping in tae yer pocket tae buy a drink! :hilarious

:hilarious

Spose a could stretch tae a a half pint on Wednesday:thumbsup::devil:

I'll take that as a new member of the "happy clappers" clique :thumbsup:

hibs0666
08-02-2010, 09:03 PM
This is not a time to be parochial. :agree:

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. :agree: :agree:

So, obviously, I hope the guunts take a reamin. :wink:

14 points and counting Boabster - TOOT ****IN TOOT. :asshole:

hfc rd
08-02-2010, 09:25 PM
It would be great if the yams took points off smeltic as it would really help us & will give us a chance of going 3-5 points ahead. But since it is the yams, I just don't care about them and wouldn't mind seeing smeltic hammer them and pile even more misery on JJ.

:jamboak:

CHEER UP JIM JEFFRIES!!

killie-hibby
08-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Celtic, not Hearts are our immediate rivals for a CL place. I dont really care what happens to Hearts in the short or long term. I only want the best for Hibernian. If on Wednesday we win and Celtic lose that will take us another step towards a potential extra million plus in TV fees and Champion League monies,keeping our best players and possibly causing irreparable damage to one or both of the parasitical bigots from Glasgow.
Therefore a Hearts win will benefit us significantly.
For all of those wanting a Celtic win please waken up and believe.

The_Todd
08-02-2010, 09:39 PM
We can go a point above Sellick with a game in hand. That sounds good to me. If you said at the start of the season we'd be in this position at this stage you'd have been laughed off the board. But here we are - why can't it continue? I'm not saying we will finish 2nd but lets at least try, no?

Ps I still want a dire 0-0 draw with a card happy ref getting all his Christmases at once.

HibeeMcGinn1
08-02-2010, 11:12 PM
I dont think I could ever want Hearts to win a game. If we win and Celtic win its still just 2 point with plenty time to go. Celtic are guarenteed to drop more points this season as are we, its just the way football works. Right now 2nd is a realistic target but we should just concentrate on getting 3rd place and Europa League. Its been to long since Dnipro and we deserve 3rd after the start wev had.

bawheid
08-02-2010, 11:20 PM
Wins for Hamilton and Falkirk on Wednesday would be useful, especially if the Yams were to lose to them too in the coming weeks.

Their wee sphincter's will be twitching, then!

After 5 years taking a total pounding from Romanov and co, their sphincters will be far from wee.

Big team, Big sphincters. :agree:

silverhibee
08-02-2010, 11:22 PM

A bigger integrity-stripped, downtrodden, illegitimate, corrupt and downright honking club I've yet to come across.

And in one of life's most sweetest of moments, they and their fans are absolutely made for each other. To top it all off, they've got a backstabbing fat disaster of a manager at the helm as well. Perfect. Picture f***ing perfect.

The sooner that horrible stain on Edinburgh slithers down a drain the better. They won't be missed.

So you are sitting on the fence on this one i see PH.:thumbsup:

bawheid
08-02-2010, 11:27 PM

Liking it.

The pair of you battling it out for the coveted sickboak annual award for Hibby who gets it right roond them the most.

Think the young pretender still has the edge, but since his comeback Andy's been on the catch up. :top marks

silverhibee
08-02-2010, 11:28 PM
What's the prize? :dunno: :greengrin You dipping in tae yer pocket tae buy a drink! :hilarious

Andy will need all his money to buy all these beans in the summer.:wink::thumbsup::notworthy:

Hibercelona
08-02-2010, 11:34 PM
I hope they both lose.

iwasthere1972
08-02-2010, 11:59 PM
Andy will need all his money to buy all these beans in the summer.:wink::thumbsup::notworthy:

Well I'm looking forward to him donning his pink dress and suspenders and telling the world that he's a big poofter. :thumbsup:

Kato
09-02-2010, 12:02 AM
Draw will do me. Any result has it's virtues.

KWJ
09-02-2010, 06:48 AM
I'm slightly irked by Hughes constant talking down of challenging for 2nd place. Someone posted in this thread saying that his aim is to get ahead of the OF but I've not seen this.

To consolidate 3rd we need to win matches, the arabs and the other challengers will drop points. If we've managed to win more than we lose and we're still on the coat tails or around where we are then we need to keep doing what we're doing and aim to finish as high up the table as we can.

I'm not saying I think we can do it but I want to know that our highest hope every season isn't 3rd. If we finish within ten points of 2nd then next season we should be hoping to do better.

We should be looking up and wanting the teams above us to fall so that Hibernian can improve. Fair enough if Hearts were up our ***** but they are so far down the ladder they aren't worth thinking about.

Lets beat Aberdeen and take it from there.

GGTTH

CallumLaidlaw
09-02-2010, 07:15 AM
Lets be honest...

As long as we beat Aberdeen, we will look at the positive from any result between that pair.

A celtic win, we will laugh at Hearts and be happy we are 17pts ahead of them with a game in hand,

A draw, we will be happy that we are equal 2nd, and 16pts ahead of Hearts, with a game in hand of both of them.

A Hearts win, and we will be delighted that we are a point above celtic and still 14 ahead of Hearts, with a game in hand of both of them.

BUT, we MUST beat Aberdeen first. Lets not underestimate that one!!

Sandy
09-02-2010, 07:32 AM
Lets be honest...

As long as we beat Aberdeen, we will look at the positive from any result between that pair.

A celtic win, we will laugh at Hearts and be happy we are 17pts ahead of them with a game in hand,

A draw, we will be happy that we are equal 2nd, and 16pts ahead of Hearts, with a game in hand of both of them.

A Hearts win, and we will be delighted that we are a point above celtic and still 14 ahead of Hearts, with a game in hand of both of them.

BUT, we MUST beat Aberdeen first. Lets not underestimate that one!!

That's the winning post for me :top marks :notworthy:

matty_f
09-02-2010, 07:37 AM
I love these types of games, because there's really not a bad result for us. Yams get pumped - we get to rip even more pish out the fuds, if it's a draw then potentially (depending on whether we do the business against Aberdeen - the ONLY result I care about) we go level on points with Celtc, and a further 2 ahead of the Yams. Yams win, they're still miles and miles behind us and we overtake Celtc.

The key to it all is us beating the sheep. So long as we do that, I couldn't give a flying one what happens at Darkheid.

Jim44
09-02-2010, 07:58 AM
Third place and the Jambos out of sight behind us will do me nicely, thank you. Mind you, I never thought the day would come when I'd be unpopular for settling for third. I can feel the vibes from where I'm sitting. :greengrin

Steve20
09-02-2010, 08:05 AM
I hope Celtic stuff them.

New Corrie
09-02-2010, 09:04 AM

Likewise, the day I want Hearts to win a football match is the day the day I throw the towel in.

PeeJay
09-02-2010, 09:20 AM

Surely the vital aspect for Hibs is only ever where we stand at the end of the day / evening / season? If Hearts beating Celtic enables us to move into 2nd how can that be worse than Hearts getting stuffed by Celtic? "Couldnt care if we have the chance to leapfrog Celtc..." But surely what's good for Hibs as a club is more important than bragging about another Hearts defeat or leading them by "...17 points" - that's irrelevant!
As Hibs fans we should not fall into the trap of simply defining our existence by how bad our neighbours are doing? Would it not more practical to actually achieve something ourselves? I personally would like Hibs in 2nd place (even 1st, come to think of it), if the Gorgie mob or anyone else take points of the OF I'm quite happy with that.

Removed
09-02-2010, 09:24 AM
I love these types of games, because there's really not a bad result for us. Yams get pumped - we get to rip even more pish out the fuds, if it's a draw then potentially (depending on whether we do the business against Aberdeen - the ONLY result I care about) we go level on points with Celtc, and a further 2 ahead of the Yams. Yams win, they're still miles and miles behind us and we overtake Celtc.

The key to it all is us beating the sheep. So long as we do that, I couldn't give a flying one what happens at Darkheid.

Likewise, the day I want Hearts to win a football match is the day the day I throw the towel in.

I agree with Matty, it's win win no matter but re your post CG, and others who have posted similar sentiments, I also always want the yams to get pumped, unless it helps Hibs.

Imagine the scenario, last game of the season, we need the yams to beat the arabs for us to finish 3rd or them to beat the tims for us to finish 2nd. Hypothetical I know as it assumes they will actually make the top 6 :greengrin, but the principle is what I mean, surely you would want Hearts to win in that (and that only) scenario?

New Corrie
09-02-2010, 10:45 AM
I agree with Matty, it's win win no matter but re your post CG, and others who have posted similar sentiments, I also always want the yams to get pumped, unless it helps Hibs.

Imagine the scenario, last game of the season, we need the yams to beat the arabs for us to finish 3rd or them to beat the tims for us to finish 2nd. Hypothetical I know as it assumes they will actually make the top 6 :greengrin, but the principle is what I mean, surely you would want Hearts to win in that (and that only) scenario?

It's a fair point. I'll cross that bridge if or when it ever arrives. I just start feeling very ill at the thought of Hearts ever winning games. The reality is...I wish they didn't exist at all.

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2010, 10:53 AM
If and we all know its a huge if. If we are to get 2nd place, we will need all the help we can get. And if that means hearts were to beat celtic, so be it. Lets win our game first, and lets see how we go from there. If we happen to go 2nd for a while, the media we would attract would be fantastic, something the club and the fans would relish.:thumbsup:

Andy.1875
09-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Don't want to see Hearts get a win. Draw would be ok, but would be quite happy if they got stuffed.

MrSmith
09-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Lets beat Aberdeen first before we run away with ourselves...

Also lets keep our feet firmly on the ground because we know what happens when we get too cocky about Hibs chances of doing something!!!

Anyhoo...a win for us and a draw would be suitable failing this...well??

mjhibby
09-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Minus congalves(vlad flu)who is their best defender and driver and rubens whatsiname they will be lucky not to be horsed if sellick take their chances.Lets just concentrate on 3pts for us and whatever happens elsewhere happens.Never mind the hertz game whatabout well v gers.Do we wont well to win and us close the gap on top spot or are realistically are the blue hordes going to win.

Rory89
09-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Haven't read all of this thread, but what I have read shows how small-minded some of our support are, and why the attitude of our very own fans puts the club at a disadvantage of ever realising it's potential.

We're two points behind Celtic and 14 behind Hearts, but people want Hearts to lose "cos ah pure hate they yam bassa's". FFS Hearts probably won't even get 14 points never mind close us down, I know Celtic are favourites for second but we have a better chance of finishing above them than Hearts have of finishing above us, don't any of you have ambition?

What it comes down to is that some of you only care about finishing above Hearts, 2nd or 3rd makes not much difference as long as we finish above them, pathetic. Hibs will need to have decent seasons on a consistent basis in order to ged rid of this attitude, then maybe we can chase the old firm.

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2010, 11:22 AM
Haven't read all of this thread, but what I have read shows how small-minded some of our support are, and why the attitude of our very own fans puts the club at a disadvantage of ever realising it's potential.

We're two points behind Celtic and 14 behind Hearts, but people want Hearts to lose "cos ah pure hate they yam bassa's". FFS Hearts probably won't even get 14 points never mind close us down, I know Celtic are favourites for second but we have a better chance of finishing above them than Hearts have of finishing above us, don't any of you have ambition?

What it comes down to is that some of you only care about finishing above Hearts, 2nd or 3rd makes not much difference as long as we finish above them, pathetic. Hibs will need to have decent seasons on a consistent basis in order to ged rid of this attitude, then maybe we can chase the old firm.

:top marks:agree::agree::thumbsup:

TonyStokeprano
09-02-2010, 11:26 AM
A boring 0-0 draw with red cards for McGeady Stewart Zaliukas and Keane

MacBean
09-02-2010, 11:29 AM

couldnt agree more mate!

hope they get absolutely battered with 3 red cards, stewat out with the flu for a few months and Nade to Meet up with Lennon for post match dinner

joe breezy
09-02-2010, 11:47 AM

:agree: As long as the team aren't as unambitious as some of our fans we will be okay

EuanH78
09-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Hibs to beat Aberdeen. Most importantly.

Anything that goes on in Hearts v Celtc is not important after that and a Win/ Win situation.

Prefer a Hearts win, overtake Celtc with a game in hand. An opportunity to be 4 points ahead in 2nd place in the middle of February. Sounds good to me. :cool2:

Hearts will probably get gubbed though, and thats never a bad result is it? :greengrin

Like I said, Win/ Win. :agree:

Lucius Apuleius
09-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Well I'm looking forward to him donning his pink dress and suspenders and telling the world that he's a big poofter. :thumbsup:

Just help an old man here, yourself and Iwasreallythere1972. Where were you? I was many places in '72, in fact off the top of my head, I was in Stirling (obviously), Gravesend, Madeira, Las Palmas, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, and Durban. I was also in Abidan, Dakar, Lagos, Pointe Noire,Luanda, Kpeme (Togoland), Accra, Freetown (Sierra Leone), Le Havre, Bayonne (wow, that was some place!!!) and Avonmouth, that I can think of yet I do not recall seeing you anywhere!!! This is apart from a few Hibs games that I managed to squeeze in that year.

Please please tell me where you were!!!!!

matty_f
09-02-2010, 11:54 AM

Wouldn't happen, the Yams won't be top 6.:greengrin

Bad Martini
09-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Given the tic antics at Easter Road, and the fact the Yamish ones are sheite, then I think a draw or a yam win would be what we need.

I wont bring myself to want celtc to win any more than I will to want the yams to win. Either way, we don't really lose:

Celtc win - yams are even further behind us
Draw - we could pull level with the tic and the yams are still miles behind us
Yam win - we can move right on and the yams are still behind us as they are now, assuming we win

We can lose how here ? Only if we lose and the yams win....

khib70
09-02-2010, 12:01 PM

:agree:Spot on my friend. I want what is best for Hibs at all times. Hearts are out of the picture as far as we are concerned, and can beat Celtc 6-0 and still be 14 points behind us. We have to beat Aberdeen, bottom line. But anyone who would cheer a Celtc victory that puts us a place below where we would be if Hearts won is indulging in the kind of blind tribalism that makes yams such an obnoxious breed.

iwasthere1972
09-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Just help an old man here, yourself and Iwasreallythere1972. Where were you? I was many places in '72, in fact off the top of my head, I was in Stirling (obviously), Gravesend, Madeira, Las Palmas, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, and Durban. I was also in Abidan, Dakar, Lagos, Pointe Noire,Luanda, Kpeme (Togoland), Accra, Freetown (Sierra Leone), Le Havre, Bayonne (wow, that was some place!!!) and Avonmouth, that I can think of yet I do not recall seeing you anywhere!!! This is apart from a few Hibs games that I managed to squeeze in that year.

Please please tell me where you were!!!!!

Well if you must know I was at Hampden seeing the Hibs winning the :cup: I can't remember seeing you or iwasreallythere. Hope you didn't sneak off early. :wink:

sahib
09-02-2010, 12:38 PM
There's next to no chance they're catching us barring a catastrophic collapse by us, and a pretty unlikely good run for them.
:devil:

The minute I read that prediction my heart sank. After supporting Hibs for fifty odd years that seems like just the sort of thing that could happen. :boo hoo:

I agree with you, but.

cwilliamson85
09-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Where is the option of a 0-0 and Keane limping off with a torn hamstring?

Lucius Apuleius
09-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Well if you must know I was at Hampden seeing the Hibs winning the :cup: I can't remember seeing you or iwasreallythere. Hope you didn't sneak off early. :wink:

Aha. That explains it then!! Actually I missed it. I was a Bell Boy on the Windsor Castle when we won it. This resulted in me being tied up to the neck in a laundry bag and put through the dishwasher (flight type) by the plate wash crew who were all celtc supporters and didn't like it up 'em:greengrin

Rory89
09-02-2010, 12:52 PM
:top marks:agree::agree::thumbsup:

:agree: As long as the team aren't as unambitious as some of our fans we will be okay

:agree:Spot on my friend. I want what is best for Hibs at all times. Hearts are out of the picture as far as we are concerned, and can beat Celtc 6-0 and still be 14 points behind us. We have to beat Aberdeen, bottom line. But anyone who would cheer a Celtc victory that puts us a place below where we would be if Hearts won is indulging in the kind of blind tribalism that makes yams such an obnoxious breed.

Glad to know there's sane people out there, some Hibs fans attitude to success and Hearts is similiar to a professional runner who would happily never win a race in his life as long as he's quicker than his fat brother with special needs.

Hearts to win by as many as possible for me, I hate Hearts but unlike most hibs.netters I don't hate them as much as I love Hibs.

Latapy1911
09-02-2010, 12:58 PM
I want a draw and wouldnt mind a hearts win!

but if celtic have to win I hope they win 9-0 with keane getting 6+

ALF TUPPER
09-02-2010, 12:59 PM
I hate Celtc, but cant find it in me to wish "hearts" picking up any points against anyone. ( sweet Jesus forgive me for writing the "h" word on a family forum site). :rolleyes:

They are both from the dark side - both as bad as each other. Satan was at work in 1874 dont y'know. :jamboak:

No No NO points to the jambos - ever !!!

>>>>>>>>>>> hyperventillating and away for a lie doon :greengrin

Exiled Hibby
09-02-2010, 03:31 PM

Surely you must be wrong. The big team cant possibly be that far behind us when they were just about to be within 6 points just a few games ago...........oh, wait a minute.....

Anyway, draw for me, but as long as we do the biz against the sheep not too bothered either way

HibbyAndy
09-02-2010, 03:36 PM
Liking it.

The pair of you battling it out for the coveted sickboak annual award for Hibby who gets it right roond them the most.

Think the young pretender still has the edge, but since his comeback Andy's been on the catch up. :top marks

When is the coveted annual award anyway? Might nip over the road and ask them :hmmm:

Andy will need all his money to buy all these beans in the summer.:thumbsup::notworthy:

:paranoid::shocked:

Mon Murray sign the deal :pray:

Desperate Dan only needs a pint or two before he's pished anyway, Always a cheap night out with him :cool2:

Saorsa
09-02-2010, 04:44 PM

When is the coveted annual award anyway? Might nip over the road and ask them :hmmm:

:paranoid::shocked:

Mon Murray sign the deal :pray:

Desperate Dan only needs a pint or two before he's pished anyway, Always a cheap night out with him :cool2:If it only took a 1/4 I'd still go hame sober if you were buying. :greengrin

Still, anytime you fancy trying tae out drink me (instead of sneaking off :greengrin ) just let me ken though. :bye:

greenlex
09-02-2010, 04:52 PM
First and foremost we need to take care of Magoos Sheep.
The other fixture is a win win win situation really. :thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
09-02-2010, 05:12 PM
If it only took a 1/4 I'd still go hame sober if you were buying. :greengrin

Still, anytime you fancy trying tae out drink me (instead of sneaking off :greengrin ) just let me ken though. :bye:

Boozer for 6pm the morn :dunno:

Could maybe make 5pm, ill wait the now tho.

Ireallywasthere
09-02-2010, 05:24 PM

Well I don't know how you missed me, I was right behind the Hibs dugout
With a Hibs scarf on :greengrin

iwasthere1972
09-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Well I don't know how you missed me, I was right behind the Hibs dugout
With a Hibs scarf on :greengrin

I think you may have been caught on camera. Not at the Celtic game but at an earlier match. 1 min 18 seconds into clip.

http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=30808

It is you isn't it. :greengrin

Saorsa
09-02-2010, 05:52 PM
Boozer for 6pm the morn :dunno:

Could maybe make 5pm, ill wait the now tho.I'll be there back of 5 so I'll see you when you get there :agree:

'mon the Hibs :flag:

Ireallywasthere
09-02-2010, 05:56 PM
I think you may have been caught on camera. Not at the Celtic game but at an earlier match. 1 min 18 seconds into clip.

http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=30808 (http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=30808)

It is you isn't it. :greengrin
Close - thats my eldest laddie, I'm just out of shot :greengrin

degenerated
09-02-2010, 05:57 PM
its a win/win for us, if hearts can get a draw or a win then they're doing us a massive favour but if they get humped then its three in a row for fat jim :agree:

FranckSuzy
09-02-2010, 05:57 PM

Ehhh??? :grr: 14 in front of Hearts, shirley? :greengrin

HibbyAndy
09-02-2010, 06:17 PM
I'll be there back of 5 so I'll see you when you get there :agree:

'mon the Hibs :flag:

:aok:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
09-02-2010, 06:18 PM
its a win/win for us, if hearts can get a draw or a win then they're doing us a massive favour but if they get humped then its three in a row for fat jim :agree:

TOP TOP Signature :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You efter the coveted Yams trumpet of the year award :greengrin

Hibby Bairn
10-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Chance to go 2nd tonight and still have a game in hand. And then start chasing Rangers. Got to be rooting for an away win at Parkhead?

jgl07
10-02-2010, 03:20 PM
I Bill Shankly said once; I hope they both lose!