PDA

View Full Version : McCormack charged with driving without licence and insurance

marinello59
08-02-2010, 04:29 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8504361.stm

marinello59
08-02-2010, 04:31 PM
Apologies to all of you who have already posted on the other thread. Given the amount of misinformation based on various rumours on that one it had to go.

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2010, 04:33 PM
He should be stripped of the captaincy for that.

Gus
08-02-2010, 04:34 PM
oh dear..........not a clever lad is he?

Baffles me....be on good money for his age &

1. Doesn't have a licence
2. Driving without insurance -

Is he a Jambo?

lapsedhibee
08-02-2010, 04:35 PM
He should be stripped of the captaincy for that.

Why? It's not as if he was driving a teammate's car, or pumping his horn. :grr:

Viva_Palmeiras
08-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Ok I'll re-post this....

Before passing comment/judgement perhaps consider this...

How many have assumed that if you have comprehensive insurance that anyone can drive your car?

Well they cant - not without first informing your insurance company.

JoeT
08-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Ok I'll re-post this....

How many have assumed that if you have comprehensive insurance that anyone can drive your car?

I'm pretty sure everyone knows this.....I'm also pretty sure that everyone knows that someone without a license should not be driving any car....

lapsedhibee
08-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Ok I'll re-post this....

I have to hold my hand up and say that I was not one of those who assumed that.

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2010, 04:39 PM

:faf::faf::top marks

ScottB
08-02-2010, 04:42 PM
While it's definitely better than the rumour that was doing the rounds earlier on, it is still stupidity of a high order. The guy seems to have a problem making bad choices...

Jonnyboy
08-02-2010, 04:44 PM
While it's definitely better than the rumour that was doing the rounds earlier on, it is still stupidity of a high order. The guy seems to have a problem making bad choices...

On the contrary Scott, he seems to have a problem making good choices :wink:

JimBHibees
08-02-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm pretty sure everyone knows this.....I'm also pretty sure that everyone knows that someone without a license should not be driving any car....

Yep, Darren really needs to get to screw the nut.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-02-2010, 04:46 PM

OK my bad on the license bit. He's in keek.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-02-2010, 04:51 PM
I have to hold my hand up and say that I was not one of those who assumed that.

OK well I'll hold up my hand and my mates. Luckily I called my insurance company to check first.

Both in our 30s at the time. So not exactly daft laddies.

Re. McCormack My oversight - without a license tho' - bit dim of the lad.

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2010, 04:51 PM
I dont think the lad has much of a future at easter road. He does not look to me as someone who is getting any better. And again imho he needs games to do this. Perhaps a loan deal somewhere would help him, but at this moment in time, he's not good enough, and might need to move to get regular games? Making his headlines on the front pages of the paper, instead of the back wont help him either.

KeithTheHibby
08-02-2010, 05:01 PM
I get the impression this guy is keen to press the self-destruct button on and off the park...

If there is a manager that can get the best out of him it would be Yogi.

Jim44
08-02-2010, 05:08 PM
Ok I'll re-post this....

You are asking people not to be too hasty in passing judgement/comment but what makes you think that the reference to 'insurance' is simply a wrong assumption/misunderstanding on McCormack and another party's behalf? Perhaps you may have more details about the incident than others. It might well however be a straightforward criminal offence of driving without any insurance at all.:dunno:

Viva_Palmeiras
08-02-2010, 05:22 PM
You are asking people not to be too hasty in passing judgement/comment but what makes you think that the reference to 'insurance' is simply a wrong assumption/misunderstanding on McCormack and another party's behalf? Perhaps you may have more details about the incident than others. It might well however be a straightforward criminal offence of driving without any insurance at all.:dunno:

No - I was too quick to pass comment :embarrass overlooked the no license bit. - DOH!

Riordans Boots
08-02-2010, 05:27 PM
On the contrary Scott, he seems to have a problem making good choices :wink:

That's exactly what I was thinking J.

Hainan Hibs
08-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Silly laddie.

--------
08-02-2010, 05:33 PM

No licence, no insurance. So if he hits you in your brand-new car, writes it off and puts you in hospital - it's on YOUR insurance. Guess what happens to your no-claims?

There's obviously some sort of problem with this young man, and at 21 he's at the age where if he doesn't get himself sorted out soon, he'll maybe not get it sorted out at all.

Hibs depend on attracting young players - guys in their mid-teens - and developing them to the point where they can take a place in the first team. Darren should be one of those breaking through NOW. Hibs (and Yogi) have a choice - do they persevere farther with him, hoping he'll buckle down soon, or d they make him an example t the others by punting him? He's good enough, IMO, but is he too much trouble?

Pedantic_Hibee
08-02-2010, 05:37 PM
He's becoming a bad egg that laddie, I've heard a few snippets about him before that haven't made the paper.

If anyone can get him to knuckle down it's Yogi. As Doddie says though, will Yogi give him the chance to repent?

His one saving grace is sparking out Clum. :greengrin

ScottB
08-02-2010, 05:39 PM
No licence, no insurance. So if he hits you in your brand-new car, writes it off and puts you in hospital - it's on YOUR insurance. Guess what happens to your no-claims?

There's obviously some sort of problem with this young man, and at 21 he's at the age where if he doesn't get himself sorted out soon, he'll maybe not get it sorted out at all.

Hibs depend on attracting young players - guys in their mid-teens - and developing them to the point where they can take a place in the first team. Darren should be one of those breaking through NOW. Hibs (and Yogi) have a choice - do they persevere farther with him, hoping he'll buckle down soon, or d they make him an example t the others by punting him? He's good enough, IMO, but is he too much trouble?

There's also the issue of wanting to appear attractive to these kids parents, when considering which club their kid should go for, having the papers filled with tales of misbehaving Hibs players can't help.

At the least the club needs to be seen to be tough on discipline.

hibbybrian
08-02-2010, 05:40 PM

On top of his problem with the law is the question of who's car he was driving - I'm sure it is an offense to allow someone without a license (and hence insurance) to drive your car - hope no other Hibs player is involved :grr:

northern-hibee
08-02-2010, 05:43 PM
neither driving without a licence nor driving without insurance are normally arrestable offences and certainly not ones that one would normally be released on undertaking to appear. Perhaps more of this story to come?

Ireallywasthere
08-02-2010, 05:53 PM
There is no more to the story than that. There was more initailly but that was resolved and he has been charged with driving with no insurance and no licence

Brando7
08-02-2010, 05:53 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8504361.stm

Muppet !

declan macmanus
08-02-2010, 05:55 PM

:agree:

Hibsandaroo
08-02-2010, 05:56 PM
neither driving without a licence nor driving without insurance are normally arrestable offences and certainly not ones that one would normally be released on undertaking to appear. Perhaps more of this story to come?

Spot on, sounds like he has had a drink after all.

On the street people lose their jobs for this, he's no different. Needs to be punted.

Ireallywasthere
08-02-2010, 05:58 PM

On the street people lose their jobs for this, he's no different. Needs to be punted.

I think you are allowed to have a drink and drive - provided you are neither over the limit or in Sweden (he wasn't)

Leithenhibby
08-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Unfortunately it's all part of the learning curve for some Guys. :tsk tsk:

More unfortunate, he is in the public eye and a Hibernian FC footballer.

No can do :tsk tsk:

Ban, Points, Fine......:bitchy:

Tomorrows fish n'chip wrapper...

TornadoHibby
08-02-2010, 06:03 PM

Maybe he was "helping out" a team mate who HAD drunk too much to safely and legally drive HIS car by moving the car to a safer place for his team mate to leave it there to be picked up the next day! :dunno:

Still legally wrong to do so without a licence but maybe he's been trying to help out and unwittingly found himself as the "culprit"! :hmmm: :dunno:

declan macmanus
08-02-2010, 06:05 PM

:bitchy:

2+2=5?

--------
08-02-2010, 06:09 PM
There's also the issue of wanting to appear attractive to these kids parents, when considering which club their kid should go for, having the papers filled with tales of misbehaving Hibs players can't help.

At the least the club needs to be seen to be tough on discipline.

Yup. That was in my mind too.

IIRC when Mowbray punted Grant Brebner the question of club discipline and responsibility of care for young players was a big part of his reasoning, and IMO he was right.

Yogi may well decide that enough's enough here. I wouldn't disagree.

I wouldn't have thought that him being over the limit/driving while under the influence would have been 'resolved' in the sense of disappearing. Maybe he jumped a light or was involved in a bump?

Whatever, he's an idiot and the club will have to be seen to be dealing with him responsibly.

Hibsandaroo
08-02-2010, 06:13 PM
Yup. That was in my mind too.

IIRC when Mowbray punted Grant Brebner the question of club discipline and responsibility of care for young players was a big part of his reasoning, and IMO he was right.

Yogi may well decide that enough's enough here. I wouldn't disagree.

I wouldn't have thought that him being over the limit/driving while under the influence would have been 'resolved' in the sense of disappearing. Maybe he jumped a light or was involved in a bump?

Whatever, he's an idiot and the club will have to be seen to be dealing with him responsibly.

Well, as far as I understand it, neither of the offences you mention are arrestable offences either and therefore there has to be an additional factor. As you can tell, i'm only reading in between the lines, merely speculating.

monktonharp
08-02-2010, 06:15 PM
neither driving without a licence nor driving without insurance are normally arrestable offences and certainly not ones that one would normally be released on undertaking to appear. Perhaps more of this story to come? so you cant be arrested for driving without a liscense? your joking are you not? what if he'd ploughed into a bus shelter fu' o' folk? or rammed a car head-on or ran a wee boy over? look,it's bad enough not having insurance,having a carefree attidude of..........their insurance will cover it,that's what it's for . but to actually get behind the wheel of any vehicle of which you are not qualified to drive, is serious and for enyone on here trying to justify,laugh about,pretend that he's just a daft laddie,will come good etc is a f/kin joke..........he pressed the gamble button,twice ,and lost. cant see his employer (Hibernian fc) let this one go. Yogi,is the football team manager.

Ireallywasthere
08-02-2010, 06:19 PM

Whatever, he's an idiot and the club will have to be seen to be dealing with him responsibly.[/QUOTE]

Or possibly the police intially thought he had been drinking but later found that he was under the legal limit. As I understand it that would be grounds for arrest and later released. Both charges are classed as minor Road traffic offences and would likely incurr a fine and points

KerPlunk
08-02-2010, 06:21 PM
Been a bad day for footballers and the law.

McCormack lifted - no licence, no insurance.

Gazza - lifted for drink driving.

Ricardo Fuller - lifted for alleged assault.

Role models ? Ehhhhh...........naw. :grr:

--------
08-02-2010, 06:25 PM

Or possibly the police intially thought he had been drinking but later found that he was under the legal limit. As I understand it that would be grounds for arrest and later released. Both charges are classed as minor Road traffic offences and would likely incurr a fine and points

That sounds reasonable. :agree:

But really we're speculating here. Like I say, he's an idiot and the club (and Yogi) will need to consider very carefully how they're going to deal with him.

Woody1985
08-02-2010, 06:26 PM

After all what? Unsubstantiated rumours?

I think you're talking bollocks on that point.

Sylar
08-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Not the first time the young lad has been in the shengus, and bringing unnecessary negative attention to the club.

"No license, no car, no job....now what??"

Hibsandaroo
08-02-2010, 06:30 PM
so you cant be arrested for driving without a liscense? your joking are you not? what if he'd ploughed into a bus shelter fu' o' folk? or rammed a car head-on or ran a wee boy over? look,it's bad enough not having insurance,having a carefree attidude of..........their insurance will cover it,that's what it's for . but to actually get behind the wheel of any vehicle of which you are not qualified to drive, is serious and for enyone on here trying to justify,laugh about,pretend that he's just a daft laddie,will come good etc is a f/kin joke..........he pressed the gamble button,twice ,and lost. cant see his employer (Hibernian fc) let this one go. Yogi,is the football team manager.

But then you're looking at more (and more serious) offences, so then he would have been arrested. Sometimes people need to meet a certain criteria for there to be a need to be arrested, some offences you don't.

i'd place money on there being at least a little alcohol involved, but as previously mentioned, worn off by the time they got to the police station.

Big Frank
08-02-2010, 06:31 PM
A lot of people wanting him punted.

I made a few mistakes when I was 21 and I am sure most of us have.

Would like to think that he will be given a chance to redeem himself at ER, and put this nonsense behind him.

(he has, however used up part of the grace given to him by knocking out a yam:cool2:)

Hibsandaroo
08-02-2010, 06:33 PM
After all what? Unsubstantiated rumours?

I think you're talking bollocks on that point.

Well, nobody has been hurt, nothing has been damaged, only likely thing that leaves for him to have been arrested for is being drunk or kicking off.

BTW I was going by the Beeb report, no rumours. But yes I am still speculating.

Ireallywasthere
08-02-2010, 06:37 PM
Well, nobody has been hurt, nothing has been damaged, only likely thing that leaves for him to have been arrested for is being drunk or kicking off.

Well stop speculating, all he has been charged with is on the BBC site. There is no more than that. He will be repoted to the Fiscal and he will decide what action to take - if any

GlesgaeHibby
08-02-2010, 06:39 PM

You can be arrested for driving without a licence, as far as I am aware. The report mentions nothing about drink driving. You are making allegations without any substance here.

Danderhall Hibs
08-02-2010, 06:41 PM
Well, as far as I understand it, neither of the offences you mention are arrestable offences either and therefore there has to be an additional factor. As you can tell, i'm only reading in between the lines, merely speculating.

The nightshift Police will always put their pie supper to one side to stop a young laddie driving a fancy motor.

Jim44
08-02-2010, 06:42 PM

Or possibly the police intially thought he had been drinking but later found that he was under the legal limit. As I understand it that would be grounds for arrest and later released. Both charges are classed as minor Road traffic offences and would likely incurr a fine and points[/QUOTE]

Considering your username (possibly a huge coincidence however :greengrin) and the authority with which you refer to details of the incident, might it not be wise on your part to refrain from giving any more information on this topic on this board? :dunno:

Ireallywasthere
08-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Considering your username (possibly a huge coincidence however :greengrin) and the authority with which you refer to details of the incident, might it not be wise on your part to refrain from giving any more information on this topic on this board? :dunno:[/QUOTE]

Quantum leap - but I will stop, :wink:

ancient hibee
08-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Certainly he would not have been stopped for driving without a license as the police still need a reason to stop you unless they are doing blanket checks therefore he must have been stopped for some reason-the offences came to light but the original reason-say for instance taking a car without consent -was dropped.

He is silly because I think he has talent but he is obviously not showing too well in training because I'm sure Hughes would have liked to rest Wotherspoon by now.

greenlex
08-02-2010, 06:53 PM

If he had been over the limit he would have been charged with that and the Police statement would have reflected that along with the other offences. The two charges relate to the incident. Nothing more. FFS Stop reading more into it. Its bad enough for the stupid laddie.

lyonhibs
08-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Sounds like the lad is either an absolute idiot or a recurrent bawbag.

He should be given the full extent of the law, and also fined by Hibs. That's just if the charge is merely being a irresponsible tit and driving without a licence or insurance.

If he's been drink driving, then - frankly - he should be binned from the club and put in jail. Nothing as wilfully irresponsible and selfish a drink driver. How often do we hear about young folk/pedestrians die on the roads needlessly because some ***** had a few and wrapped the car they were driving around a lampost or ploughed up a pavement.

Did I read it right that someone earlier in the thread said that breaking the law and taking the wheel without a licence OR insurance were "all part of the learning curve for young lads"????!!!

Sheesh.

:bitchy::bitchy:

Cameron1875
08-02-2010, 06:56 PM
ah he is garbage anyway. Time to get rid before he embarrases the club further. Sorry but he is 5th choice centre back and a murder right back.

Bostonhibby
08-02-2010, 06:58 PM
I dont think the lad has much of a future at easter road. He does not look to me as someone who is getting any better. And again imho he needs games to do this. Perhaps a loan deal somewhere would help him, but at this moment in time, he's not good enough, and might need to move to get regular games? Making his headlines on the front pages of the paper, instead of the back wont help him either.

:agree: I think on this one with the unfortunate recent history he had all he had to was check before driving. If in doubt and all that. Sadly I think he is on his way out temporarily or otherwise.........

Road Traffic Act says its an offence on the drivers part to drive with no effective insurance, it doesn't list any excuses like I thought, or didn't know.......... as exceptions.

IWasThere2016
08-02-2010, 07:02 PM

If he's had a drink I am sure it would have been reported.

The Polis don't protect drink drivers and rightly so!

Darren needs Yogi remind him of what a priveleged position he's in and how's about to blow it all!

It'll only be down from Hibs Daz - get a grip FFS!

Wembley67
08-02-2010, 07:06 PM
I've not read through this thread as I'm sure it will be full of people arguing as per usual but in my eyes he should be out on his arse - just my tuppence.

Sir David Gray
08-02-2010, 07:06 PM
If he is convicted of this latest misdemeanour, I'm afraid he has quite probably used up all his chances.

I can't really blame Scott Lindsay, Rod Petrie or John Hughes if they have now had enough of reading about McCormack on the front pages.

I said after he headbutted Palazuelos last month that if his bad behaviour continued, he would struggle to find a new club as teams just aren't going to touch someone like that with a bargepole. He is also at a disadvantage due to the fact that he is not a young superstar, if he was then he might have been given a bit more leeway and his bad behaviour might be excused a bit more.

He is a very foolish young guy who has a fantastic opportunity to make his name in a brilliant job. Sadly it seems that he won't fully appreciate what he currently has, until it's too late.

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Playing the devil's advocate here, we have another player in the team, who has had various misdemeanours, and has been on the front pages on more than one occasion......

Would the reaction be the same if it was this other player involved?:devil:

MontrealHibs
08-02-2010, 07:22 PM
Was beginning to come to the conclusion he wasn't going to live up to the early hype , giving that he has fallen behind the younger Hanlon and Wotherspoon. This, if true, only adds to that belief.

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Playing the devil's advocate here, we have another player in the team, who has had various misdemeanours, and has been on the front pages on more than one occasion......

Nae chance, one's ****in brilliant, and the others only good at giving jambos a slap.

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Nae chance, one's ****in brilliant, and the others only good at giving jambos a slap.

So as a collective would we just turn a blind eye if it happened to the other?

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2010, 07:31 PM

Of course, Riordan could pump the whole back 4s wifes and girlfriend, in fact both,:wink: but as long as he's scoring goals he's fine. As for McCormack, get rid, a waste of space.:devil:

Pedantic_Hibee
08-02-2010, 07:33 PM

You referring to Makalambay giving HibsSpain a gobble in the Asda car park a few weeks ago?

GlesgaeHibby
08-02-2010, 07:39 PM
You referring to Makalambay giving HibsSpain a gobble in the Asda car park a few weeks ago?

:faf::faf:

Greenway
08-02-2010, 07:44 PM
It seems strange to me that a 21 year old doesn't have a license yet. Unless of course he had one and it was suspended, for some reason.

In any case it's not his first offense and he'll be a lucky boy if Hibs don't rip up his contract. He's obviously not very bright considering his conviction for assault and now driving without a license and insurance only highlights his inability to learn from his mistakes.

If we're making the hard choices about who we need to keep and who to let go as we build our future team, he's just made it a little easier to decide.

Westie1875
08-02-2010, 07:44 PM

But it hasn't happened to the other.

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 07:47 PM
But it hasn't happened to the other.

I was asking a question hypothetically, read my posts and you will see that

HibbyAndy
08-02-2010, 07:48 PM

Trying to get into a night club is the same as driving with out a license right enough eh?

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Trying to get into a night club is the same as driving with out a license right enough eh?

When you are already barred from same nightclubs, add to that the incident with the fight in Grasmarket and the Skacel song.....My question seems to have been answered already.

The point was that both have had front page coverage, not comparing offences as a like for like..........

Why must you always try to act a smart arse?

Ireallywasthere
08-02-2010, 07:55 PM
When you are already barred from same nightclubs, add to that the incident with the fight in Grasmarket and the Skacel song.....My question seems to have been answered already.

The point was that both have had front page coverage, not comparing offences as a like for like..........

To be fair there is a whole lot worse goes on than that in the city centre every weekend. I would be interested to know how many people have been banned by UNITE. banning deek certainly gives them a lot of publicity

HibbyAndy
08-02-2010, 07:55 PM

Why must you also feel the need to name call?

You dont like Riordan, Lets be crystal clear here, Lets be brutally ***** honest, Did he **** yer mrs or summit?.. Riordan trys to get into night clubs whilst banned..Wow ***** wee..Mcormack on the other hand was driving without a licence, you dae that maths?.

The incident with Skacel, yeah i have that saved in my documents and watch it now and again to cheer myself up.

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Why must you also feel the need to name call?

You dont like Riordan, Lets be crystal clear here, Lets be brutally ***** honest, Did he **** yer mrs or summit?.. Riordan trys to get into night clubs whilst banned..Wow ***** wee..Mcormack on the other hand was driving without a licence, you dae that maths?.

The incident with Skacel, yeah i have that saved in my documents and watch it now and again to cheer myself up.

Was not name calling I felt you were trying to be a smart arse with the bitchy smily.....

Again you try to appear clever with the above response.......

Oh, and if you are cheered up by the Skacel incident, that really says a lot about you doesn't it......

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 08:00 PM
To be fair there is a whole lot worse goes on than that in the city centre every weekend. I would be interested to know how many people have been banned by UNITE. banning deek certainly gives them a lot of publicity

Yes it might be a harsh banning, however if you know you are banned, why try to continually get back in??

It just makes for more negative press IMO

Westie1875
08-02-2010, 08:00 PM
I was asking a question hypothetically, read my posts and you will see that

I know that, I just don't see why you need to bring it up when it hasn't happened.

silverhibee
08-02-2010, 08:01 PM

What player, and what misdemeanours.:confused:

HibbyAndy
08-02-2010, 08:03 PM
Was not name calling I felt you were trying to be a smart arse with the bitchy smily.....

Again you try to appear clever with the above response.......
Oh, and if you are cheered up by the Skacel incident, that really says a lot about you doesn't it......

Serioulsy dude whats your problem?..Time and again you highlight the fact i try to be clever? WTF?...i put up a constructive argument in deeks defence and you think im being clever.

Riordan sneaks into nightclub gets caught and is sent hame.

Mcormack drives car without licence..oh and decked Clum whilst in night club last year.

Me and you are like night and day, i talk sense you talk shight.

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 08:03 PM
I know that, I just don't see why you need to bring it up when it hasn't happened.

Because one player is being castigated, without anyone knowing the facts, saying he should be sacked......

The other player has had prior misdemeanours, but this is forgotten about as he is a favorite of so many.... I was making an argument hypothetically, just shows how different opinions can be depending on who is involved.

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Serioulsy dude whats your problem?..Time and again you highlight the fact i try to be clever? WTF?...i put up a constructive argument in deeks defence and you think im being clever.

Riordan sneaks into nightclub gets caught and is sent hame.

Mcormack drives car without licence..oh and decked Clum whilst in night club last year.

Me and you are like night and day, i talk sense you talk shight.

How is saying "did he **** your mrs" a constructive argument.....????

Being clever is what you try to do, unfortunately a few brain cells missing to actually carry it off....

Westie1875
08-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Because one player is being castigated, without anyone knowing the facts, saying he should be sacked......

The other player has had prior misdemeanours, but this is forgotten about as he is a favorite of so many.... I was making an argument hypothetically, just shows how different opinions can be depending on who is involved.

Unless they commit (and are charged with) the same offence then you're comparing apples and pears IMO.

HibbyAndy
08-02-2010, 08:08 PM
How is saying "did he **** your mrs" a constructive argument.....????Being clever is what you try to do, unfortunately a few brain cells missing to actually carry it off....

Cause you could have Deeks love child :greengrin

No many 2 footed players nowadays :cool2:

marinello59
08-02-2010, 08:08 PM
Please stop the personal stuff guys. It is pretty amusing for onlookers but we really canna be ersed deleting posts etc tonight.

HibbyAndy
08-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Please stop the personal stuff guys. It is pretty amusing for onlookers but we really canna be ersed deleting posts etc tonight.

:aok:

1two
08-02-2010, 08:19 PM
Is their a line between being a professional who should be living his life in all aspects as a professional and being a daft laddie?

Being daft is not having a driving license and driving.
Punching another pro whilst out on a night out is unforgivable. (even though it was funny)

the club should have binned him for slapping clum! FACT

Part/Time Supporter
08-02-2010, 08:22 PM

On the assumption you mean Riordan, what has he ever been convicted of?

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2010, 08:22 PM
I dont see Darren being castigated here, some are giving an opinion yes, but nothing over the top imho.

allmodcons
08-02-2010, 08:24 PM
A lot of people wanting him punted.

I made a few mistakes when I was 21 and I am sure most of us have.

Would like to think that he will be given a chance to redeem himself at ER, and put this nonsense behind him.

(he has, however used up part of the grace given to him by knocking out a yam:cool2:)

I thought you were spouting some nonsense yesterday Frank but today find myself in agreement with you. I'm always amazed at how everybody forgets how they were at 21. I know I made a few mistakes and as the saying goes 'wish I knew then what I know now'. The club will deal with the matter internally and, hopefully, DMc will learn from his mistake like the rest of us.

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 08:25 PM
On the assumption you mean Riordan, what has he ever been convicted of?

Sure he was convicted for an assualt at Grassmarket establishment.

He was there at the time of incident but not convicted, my apologies..........

Ireallywasthere
08-02-2010, 08:30 PM
I think it was a Drylaw pub, and possibly a breach of the Peace in Lothian Road - some rap sheet that !! Fully deserving of a ten year ban from Edinburgh clubs:devil:

Beefster
08-02-2010, 08:30 PM
There's a lot of self-righteous folk on here who obviously didn't make any mistakes when they were young. **** knows how you all managed it though cos myself and everyone I know made plenty of them. He's a young laddie whose 'crimes' have been slapping a cheeky git that seems to have deserved it and driving without a licence.

As usual, I'll let the club deal with it as they see fit and not judge the laddie without knowing all the facts.

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 08:31 PM
I think it was a Drylaw pub, and possibly a breach of the Peace in Lothian Road - some rap sheet that !! Fully deserving of a ten year ban from Edinburgh clubs:devil:

Agreed not worthy of a ten year club ban, but still not the right headlines I want to read about.

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 08:32 PM
There's a lot of self-righteous folk on here who obviously didn't make any mistakes when they were young. **** knows how you all managed it though cos myself and everyone I know made plenty of them. He's a young laddie whose 'crimes' have been slapping a cheeky git that seems to have deserved it and driving without a licence.

As usual, I'll let the club deal with it as they see fit and not judge the laddie without knowing all the facts.

:top marks

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Agreed not worthy of a ten year club ban, but still not the right headlines I want to read about.

:agree: I wonder, just playing devils advocate here, but what would you say if a hibs player was driving a car without insurance, and went about town slapping other folk?:devil:

Jim44
08-02-2010, 08:35 PM
I would be a hypocrite to say that discussing McCormack's situation is unsatisfactory as I have already contributed, but I think it's going off-topic and unfair to drag Riordan into this. Far from defending him, as he's been a silly b****r in his own right, I think dwelling on this negative side of our players is unnecessary and 'bad karma'.

Jones28
08-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Think he might get punted :agree:

Been in trouble a few times has he not?

silverhibee
08-02-2010, 08:37 PM

Wrong.

HibbyAndy
08-02-2010, 08:38 PM
:agree: I wonder, just playing devils advocate here, but what would you say if a hibs player was driving a car without insurance, and went about town slapping other folk?:devil:

Unless it was Riordan it would be fine.

Hibs90
08-02-2010, 09:14 PM
How can anyone on here say this happened that happened he should be punted etc? Unless you were actually there and know what happened don't see how anyone has the right to judge the laddie.. :yawn:

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 09:39 PM

I would certainly not be happy and have my own thoughts on the punishment, however a number of posters thought it was great that the person that was slapped was a Hearts player...........

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Unless it was Riordan it would be fine.

Not really but he is 1 of 3 of the other other current players who have been making the wrong headlines at other times......

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Wrong.

Well he was certainly involved in a stramash at grassmarket pub, might have been whilst he was at Celtic though......

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2010, 09:52 PM
I would certainly not be happy and have my own thoughts on the punishment, however a number of posters thought it was great that the person that was slapped was a Hearts player...........

Personally it does not bother me that much what any of them get up to. I can see it does affect the club in a small way, but have my doubts it does much if any real harm. Although if we have any players who are out of order, i'd rather they were still knocking in goals, rather than languishing in the stiffs, doing nothing.

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Personally it does not bother me that much what any of them get up to. I can see it does affect the club in a small way, but have my doubts it does much if any real harm. Although if we have any players who are out of order, i'd rather they were still knocking in goals, rather than languishing in the stiffs, doing nothing.

Agree to a certain extent, but we have to try and remember that these players are role models for so many of our younger fans, and hope that the wrong headlines can be eradicated......

I know that there are times when the wrong headlines are made, but hope players can learn from these....

MrRobot
08-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Don't think we should punt Daz like some people are saying. Screws the nut a bit and I hink he'll be a cracking player. Yogi will get him playing right and get the best from him. Agree with what people are saying about Deek though. If it was Deek doing it then I don't think there would be as many people calling for him to gtf.

Big Frank
08-02-2010, 09:57 PM
I thought you were spouting some nonsense yesterday Frank but today find myself in agreement with you. I'm always amazed at how everybody forgets how they were at 21. I know I made a few mistakes and as the saying goes 'wish I knew then what I know now'. The club will deal with the matter internally and, hopefully, DMc will learn from his mistake like the rest of us.

Sorry allmodcons, I dinnae get it. I'll always put up a good arguement for someone like Riordan, who scores goals everyseason that wouldn't be out of place at the Camp Nou, or Old Trafford. A player who is up there with Hibernian Greats and will become one once his career is done. Can't see where the nonsense you allude to comes from.

If you are referring to nish, again could you direct me to anywhere where I was spouting nonsense. The long short and tall of it is that I feel he is a good squad player who I would keep at ER, however I realise (which many on here don't seem) is that he is of limited ability. I certainly don't give him (or any other who wears the famous green jersey) any grief at matches.

Perhaps you have been getting me mixed up with delabooze (who, from being a rather good poster, with a cracking tatt, has all or a sudden turned a bit crazy!!), or Franck is God?? Both whom seem to have an almost rabid aversion to DR.

You could PM me my nonsense and I'll take the time to articulate more.

Glad you agree with my earlier post on this topic:wink:

Westie1875
08-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Not really but he is 1 of 3 of the other other current players who have been making the wrong headlines at other times......

Who are the other 2?

MrRobot
08-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Who are the other 2?

Deeks and Stokes im guessing.

Big Frank
08-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Wrong.

Correct silverhibee. People like you and me should put this ***** to bed once and for all. The laddies never been convicted of anything! Some group of pubs have "banned" him, and it gives them great publicity in doing so.

He did however sing a drunken song. Whilst young. And very, very drunk. He should have been shot at dawn:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Agree to a certain extent, but we have to try and remember that these players are role models for so many of our younger fans, and hope that the wrong headlines can be eradicated......

I know that there are times when the wrong headlines are made, but hope players can learn from these....

I disagree, no football player should be held up as a role model, an idol yes, but role model never. Role models should be people like your parents. You'd have to be pretty stupid to look at footballers as role models.

HibbyAndy
08-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Correct silverhibee. People like you and me should put this ***** to bed once and for all. The laddies never been convicted of anything! Some group of pubs have "banned" him, and it gives them great publicity in doing so.

He did however sing a drunken song. Whilst young. And very, very drunk. He should have been shot at dawn:rolleyes:

Remember and add me :greengrin

Find myself agreeing with everything your saying.

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 10:08 PM
I disagree, no football player should be held up as a role model, an idol yes, but role model never. Role models should be people like your parents. You'd have to be pretty stupid to look at footballers as role models.

Some of our younger fans hero worship our players, that is human nature.... Whether the kids copy certain hairstyles or whatever, it is still true that players are role models for the younger generation...........

Big Frank
08-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Remember and add me :greengrin

Find myself agreeing with everything your saying.

Your in Son :cool2::greengrin

Just to show the respect swing both ways :

"The incident with Skacel, yeah i have that saved in my documents and watch it now and again to cheer me up"

is the best thing I've read tonight:thumbsup::thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2010, 10:14 PM
Some of our younger fans hero worship our players, that is human nature.... Whether the kids copy certain hairstyles or whatever, it is still true that players are role models for the younger generation...........
In what way do young kids look at players other than want to play like them? Surely they dont think i'd like to invest my money in property like X Y or Z player? Or buy a pub like another? Kids want to play like their idols, they dont look on at them as role models, unless you know better?

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 10:14 PM
Sorry allmodcons, I dinnae get it. I'll always put up a good arguement for someone like Riordan, who scores goals everyseason that wouldn't be out of place at the Camp Nou, or Old Trafford. A player who is up there with Hibernian Greats and will become one once his career is done. Can't see where the nonsense you allude to comes from.

If you are referring to nish, again could you direct me to anywhere where I was spouting nonsense. The long short and tall of it is that I feel he is a good squad player who I would keep at ER, however I realise (which many on here don't seem) is that he is of limited ability. I certainly don't give him (or any other who wears the famous green jersey) any grief at matches.

Perhaps you have been getting me mixed up with delabooze (who, from being a rather good poster, with a cracking tatt, has all or a sudden turned a bit crazy!!), or Franck is God?? Both whom seem to have an almost rabid aversion to DR.

What gives you the opinion that I have turned a little bit crazy, how do you know I have not always been crazy???:devil:

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 10:16 PM
In what way do young kids look at players other than want to play like them? Surely they dont think i'd like to invest my money in property like X Y or Z player? Or buy a pub like another? Kids want to play like their idols, they dont look on at them as role models, unless you know better?

I think you are making a point for arguments sake BH

HibbyAndy
08-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Your in Son :cool2::greengrin

Just to show the respect swing both ways :

"The incident with Skacel, yeah i have that saved in my documents and watch it now and again to cheer me up"

is the best thing I've read tonight:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:hnet:
:greengrin

Big Frank
08-02-2010, 10:17 PM
What gives you the opinion that I have turned a little bit crazy, how do you know I have not always been crazy???:devil:

:greengrin

hfc rd
08-02-2010, 10:20 PM
Wonder what punishment Yogi is going to give him for this?

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2010, 10:23 PM
I think you are making a point for arguments sake BH

Not at all, i dont think kids look up to players as role models, they idolise their football skills, but you and others have said this recently, its just wrong imho, unless you can tell me differently?

HibbyAndy
08-02-2010, 10:27 PM
Not at all, i dont think kids look up to players as role models, they idolise their football skills, but you and others have said this recently, its just wrong imho, unless you can tell me differently?

Gary, Having read through this whole thread,, You have been spot on what you say.Take what he says with a pinch of salt tho..And if yer lucky, you may get name called :greengrin

Dela just says whats in his heid at the time.

silverhibee
08-02-2010, 10:28 PM
Well he was certainly involved in a stramash at grassmarket pub, might have been whilst he was at Celtic though......

Really, what is your problem regarding Derek Riordan, he was found not guilty of assaulting bar staff at Buddy Millagans by a court. No conviction so away and delete your post saying that he was.
For all the crap that is spouted from some daily rags regarding Derek you would think he was up town fighting every weekend, and if this was the case i am sure the police would have caught him commiting some kind of crime that would see him appearing in court and being convicted by the courts, so far this has not happened.
Just for your head to get round this. Derek Riordan has one conviction from the courts and it was for speeding on the M9.Regarding the case at the Grasmarket, after the NOT GUILTY Derek was found, there afterwards there seemed to be a campaign against Derek from a certain newspaper who printed crap after crap about him, and were more than happy to give the unite scheme plenty of publicity for there campaign by putting Riordan in a bad light while up the town.
Not one of there stories ever resulted in charges being brought against him, the usual crap they printed was, our source told us, a witness who did not want to be named, alledgedly, not a single bit of proof but the paper still contnues to hound Derek.
Anyway after the trial several paper companies and TV broadcaster were found guilty of being in contempt of court and were fined for the way they treated Riordan during his trial.
This is maybe one reason why a certain reporter from a tory paper will print any nonsense about him.
What always baffles me is these same papers never give Riordan any publicity when he has done good things.
And finally i am surprised that the Admins have allowed some posts on this thread regarding Riordan to still be up to view.

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Really, what is your problem regarding Derek Riordan, he was found not guilty of assaulting bar staff at Buddy Millagans by a court. No conviction so away and delete your post saying that he was.
For all the crap that is spouted from some daily rags regarding Derek you would think he was up town fighting every weekend, and if this was the case i am sure the police would have caught him commiting some kind of crime that would see him appearing in court and being convicted by the courts, so far this has not happened.
Just for your head to get round this. Derek Riordan has one conviction from the courts and it was for speeding on the M9.Regarding the case at the Grasmarket, after the NOT GUILTY Derek was found, there afterwards there seemed to be a campaign against Derek from a certain newspaper who printed crap after crap about him, and were more than happy to give the unite scheme plenty of publicity for there campaign by putting Riordan in a bad light while up the town.
Not one of there stories ever resulted in charges being brought against him, the usual crap they printed was, our source told us, a witness who did not want to be named, alledgedly, not a single bit of proof but the paper still contnues to hound Derek.
Anyway after the trial several paper companies and TV broadcaster were found guilty of being in contempt of court and were fined for the way they treated Riordan during his trial.
This is maybe one reason why a certain reporter from a tory paper will print any nonsense about him.
What always baffles me is these same papers never give Riordan any publicity when he has done good things.
And finally i am surprised that the Admins have allowed some posts on this thread regarding Riordan to still be up to view.

My whole reason for mentioning DR was to compare him to DM..... There are posts saying DM should be sacked etc, but this has never been the case with DR..... I am aware that the incidents are chalk and cheese, but was merely highlighting the media coverage that followed DR.....

As I am allegedly a DR hater, you are most certainly in the other camp.....

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Gary, Having read through this whole thread,, You have been spot on what you say.Take what he says with a pinch of salt tho..And if yer lucky, you may get name called :greengrin

Dela just says whats in his heid at the time.

For someone who objects to being name called, you can certainly dish out wee digs........

HibbyAndy
08-02-2010, 10:36 PM
My whole reason for mentioning DR was to compare him to DM..... There are posts saying DM should be sacked etc, but this has never been the case with DR..... I am aware that the incidents are chalk and cheese, but was merely highlighting the media coverage that followed DR.....

Gonna give the guy a break then if your not a DR hater?

You really are tiresome...:blah::blah::blah:

1two

Well said that man!

HibbyAndy
For someone who objects to being name called, you can certainly dish out wee digs........

Push oan..

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 10:41 PM
Gonna give the guy a break then if your not a DR hater?

You really are tiresome...:blah::blah::blah:

I am tiresome very good...... 19,000 ***** posts from you, I would say that you are the tiresome one......

ArabHibee
08-02-2010, 10:42 PM

If you're not happy with posts then you can use the wee 'report' button which will highlight said posts to the Admins.

Delabooze - unfortunately I have to agree with Blackpool Hibs on the old 'role model' debate. Any bairn that looks up to a football player and thinks 'I want to go boozing up town, get into fights, get arrested, **** my mate's ex-bird and cheat on my Mrs' are seriously ****ed in the head already. They aspire to be like them in their professional life, not their personal life.

HibbyAndy
08-02-2010, 10:44 PM
I am tiresome very good...... 19,000 ***** posts from you, I would say that you are the tiresome one......

Face it..you post constant drivel.

You know it and i know it:hnet:

If you were mare debatable id reply sooner, but you really aint that good, Hence why i pick on you for a good debate ...

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2010, 10:44 PM

Well from observing this message board for a number of years, you seem to have a habit of comparing Derek to every negative thing that happens? Its clear to me you dont rate him, and it does come across as you cant wait to have a dig at him at every opportunity. Then when someone has a go at some of the other players, you take the moral high ground, telling everyone they are out of order for doing so. Thats how you come across to me.

silverhibee
08-02-2010, 10:46 PM

No, as far as i see it, DM has been convicted of assaualting another football player, and now being charged with driving without a license and insurance, unless he can magicly produce these documents pretty soon, he will be looking at more convictions.
I hardly think Derek would have been sacked for a speeding offence.
But you continue on your crusade against Mr Riordan.:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 10:47 PM

If you were mare debatable id reply sooner, but you really aint that good, Hence why i pick on you...

Think what you want, I really could not care less what someone who does not go to Parkhead because it is too late for him thinks.......

J-C
08-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Haven't read the whole thread, my view point is that this laddie has got a few brain cells missing and seems determined to get into trouble one way or another. Yogi I would imagine is a fairly hard disciplinarian and would've came down heavy on Darren about his George Street antics. A few months later, he's now caught driving without a liscense and insurance, about £1,00 fine and a possible ban, now someone who's had a bollicking only recently, I would have thought that by using his brains he would've said " nah! I'll not bother as it's against the law and if the gaffer finds out, I'll get hung by my knackers. "

Sometimes a clip round the lug and being told to grow up is necessary now and then.

HibbyAndy
08-02-2010, 10:49 PM
Think what you want, I really could not care less what someone who does not go to Parkhead because it is too late for him thinks.......

Eh?

truehibernian
08-02-2010, 10:50 PM
I think Derek Riordan has learned his lesson over the past three years and to be fair to him, all he has really done is try to get a pint in a nightclub when out with friends in the recent past. He happens to drink in my mates boozer in a nice part of town and by all accounts is a nice young bloke who causes no fuss whatsoever. But, like us all in our younger days, he has had to come through scrapes and acting like an eejit at times (convicted or not). We have all done that in our lives surely. Good footballer, still an enigma at times, but seems to have hit it off with Yogi and the signs are good. Darren McCormack will be the one who Yogi will need to "wrap his arms around" and nurture through his tender years. I think DM will be a right good player if/when he screws the nut (no pun intended Palazuelos :greengrin), but sometimes these footballers have to take the bad press with the good. In their own wee localised way, they are celebrities, and will attract good and bad attention. Staying in the back pages also means the manager and team mates can focus fully on the football, not the stuff off the field. Time to move on with this thread and to let things take their course re DM and his arrest.............there is important football to be played, so bring on El Sheepos :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Well from observing this message board for a number of years, you seem to have a habit of comparing Derek to every negative thing that happens? Its clear to me you dont rate him, and it does come across as you cant wait to have a dig at him at every opportunity. Then when someone has a go at some of the other players, you take the moral high ground, telling everyone they are out of order for doing so. Thats how you come across to me.

I defend players who are unjustly targeted, like Nish, and dont buy in to the love in some have with DR......

If that makes me bad then so be it..............

clerriehibs
08-02-2010, 10:51 PM

Well, take the guy's point, jeezo. DM's been in trouble, and is in trouble, and it's difficult to see a not guilty plea in this one. But DR has only ever been convicted for a speeding offence. Give the guy a break, FFS!!

PaulSmith
08-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Blackpool drop three players for "nightclub visit" (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackpool/8505207.stm)

Ricardo Fuller arrested "nightclub incident" (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staffordshire/8504304.stm)

Newcastle player charged with assault (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/8503715.stm)

Get over it guys, it's a driving offence.

HibbyAndy
08-02-2010, 10:52 PM
I defend players who are unjustly targeted, like Nish, and dont buy in to the love in some have with DR......

Riordan bottled out a challenge at Tannadice a few weeks back yes?

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2010, 10:53 PM

Not a problem with defending players, although when defending any player, its always blah blah blah, golden boy was worse, or words to that effect. There's no need.

PaulSmith
08-02-2010, 10:54 PM

Fine but respect others who can see that Derek Riordan is one of us, loves the club and is fast approaching something that I thought I'd never see in that I will witness a Hibs player hitting 100 goals some day within 2010.

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 10:54 PM

If you were mare debatable id reply sooner, but you really aint that good, Hence why i pick on you for a good debate ...

Good last sentence..... I aint really debatable, so you pick on me for a good debate.....

I am confused.....:confused:

:bye:

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 10:55 PM
Riordan bottled out a challenge at Tannadice a few weeks back yes?

Actually it was two challenges.....

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 10:56 PM
Fine but respect others who can see that Derek Riordan is one of us, loves the club and is fast approaching something that I thought I'd never see in that I will witness a Hibs player hitting 100 goals some day within 2010.

one of us????

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Not a problem with defending players, although when defending any player, its always blah blah blah, golden boy was worse, or words to that effect. There's no need.

The comparison is made to DR who seems to be able to do nowt wrong....

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Well, take the guy's point, jeezo. DM's been in trouble, and is in trouble, and it's difficult to see a not guilty plea in this one. But DR has only ever been convicted for a speeding offence. Give the guy a break, FFS!!

So deeks is an angel? Ok.....

J-C
08-02-2010, 10:58 PM
one of us????

Aye! a Hibbie, are you. :confused:

PaulSmith
08-02-2010, 10:59 PM
one of us????

Unless your not a Hibs fan then I'd say he is.

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 11:00 PM
Aye! a Hibbie, are you. :confused:

:bye::bye:

clerriehibs
08-02-2010, 11:01 PM
So deeks is an angel? Ok.....

Probably no worse than most. He's hugely talented, that attracts idiots. Maybe he should just stay at home all the time. You recommend that?

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 11:01 PM
Unless your not a Hibs fan then I'd say he is.

Short memory syndrome kicking in, remember when he bolted to Glasgow to join Celtic..... It went pear shaped but he is one of us.........

J-C
08-02-2010, 11:03 PM
:bye::bye:

Is this you finally waving goodbye to slagging of Riordan, or just an attempt to be witty, or maybe your waving goodbye and you've decided to stop nipping our heids.

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 11:03 PM
Probably no worse than most. He's hugely talented, that attracts idiots. Maybe he should just stay at home all the time. You recommend that?

Nope. I am saying he should go out and do normal things, just stop trying to get into places that he is not alowed in, therefore giving headline makers easy press

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Is this you finally waving goodbye to slagging of Riordan, or just an attempt to be witty, or maybe your waving goodbye and you've decided to stop nipping our heids.

No it was in response to your pathetic post asking if I were a Hibby......

J-C
08-02-2010, 11:05 PM
Short memory syndrome kicking in, remember when he bolted to Glasgow to join Celtic..... It went pear shaped but he is one of us.........

So Stanton and Yogi himself is therefore not one of us as they also went to Darkheid to play.........jesus man get a grip.

silverhibee
08-02-2010, 11:05 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackpool/8505207.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staffordshire/8504304.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/8503715.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/8503715.stm

Get over it guys, it's a driving offence.

Must have been a full moon over the weekend.:greengrin

J-C
08-02-2010, 11:07 PM
No it was in response to your pathetic post asking if I were a Hibby......

The fact you questioned if he was one of us, us being Hibbies, that's why I asked if you were too due to your continual slagging of Riordan at every oppertunity.:confused:

silverhibee
08-02-2010, 11:09 PM
Nope. I am saying he should go out and do normal things, just stop trying to get into places that he is not alowed in, therefore giving headline makers easy press

Maybe he is now doing that.

clerriehibs
08-02-2010, 11:09 PM

He's 26 ... sounds like he's doing normal things to me. L&B finest have joined up with bouncers united, to penalise a guy who's guilty of zip. What's 'normal' about that?

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 11:10 PM
Maybe he is now doing that.

Well if he is I take my hat off to him...... Would rather see him on the back pages than the front...........

J-C
08-02-2010, 11:10 PM
Well Delabooze, you've managed to turn a thread regarding McCormack around and into your continued campaign against Riordan.....well done you.

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 11:12 PM
The fact you questioned if he was one of us, us being Hibbies, that's why I asked if you were too due to your continual slagging of Riordan at every oppertunity.:confused:

Every opportunity??

No one can really question whether I am a hibby IMO......

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2010, 11:13 PM
The comparison is made to DR who seems to be able to do nowt wrong....

In your mind maybe. I am a fan of Riordan, but can see when he's sheight. Although when he's crap, i will say so, but i wont say he was sheight, but compared to nish he was not bad. I think nish is crap, but can see he's been better this season, you seem to never praise Riordan, or for that matter Hughes. Again it seems to me, you are the one who has an agenda, and are so stuck in your position, you cant admit it when they both do well. Thats how you come across imho.

Jonnyboy
08-02-2010, 11:13 PM
The fact you questioned if he was one of us, us being Hibbies, that's why I asked if you were due to your continual slagging of Riordan at every oppertunity.:confused:

JC, it's JC here :greengrin

Whilst you might find Delabooze tiresome or even boring I can assure you he is a dyed in the wool, 100% Hibs fan :agree:

Have not read the whole thread so I'm guessing when I say that Mr Booze is perhaps pointing out that DM is being written off due to his behaviour whilst DR retains his legend status? If so, I tend to agree to an extent. If DM was firing goals in and playing out of his socks every week I'd put money on his latest foolishness being spoken of as 'boys will be boys.' Of course if that's not what the debate is about please ignore me, everyone else does :greengrin

PS: I think DM is daft for doing what he's done and if the club choose to punish him, he deserves what he gets

BroxburnHibee
08-02-2010, 11:14 PM
Developing into a bit of a slagging match guys :greengrin - back on topic or its gone. :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 11:14 PM
He's 26 ... sounds like he's doing normal things to me. L&B finest have joined up with bouncers united, to penalise a guy who's guilty of zip. What's 'normal' about that?

If I were being penalised and picked on, I would move on, and not give them any more ammunition.......

Unfair yes but that's life

Wembley67
08-02-2010, 11:15 PM
slug still going on i see....no one bored yet?

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 11:16 PM
In your mind maybe. I am a fan of Riordan, but can see when he's sheight. Although when he's crap, i will say so, but i wont say he was sheight, but compared to nish he was not bad. I think nish is crap, but can see he's been better this season, you seem to never praise Riordan, or for that matter Hughes. Again it seems to me, you are the one who has an agenda, and are so stuck in your position, you cant admit it when they both do well. Thats how you come across imho.

Maybe you have missed my posts regarding Hughes when I said he was building a fantastic squad with quality players, maybe you chose to ignore them?

Ed De Gramo
08-02-2010, 11:16 PM
Darren McCormack's a silly boy and I think he'll be on final warning from Yogi..any more booboo's and he'll be out :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 11:19 PM

Whilst you might find Delabooze tiresome or even boring I can assure you he is a dyed in the wool, 100% Hibs fan :agree:

Have not read the whole thread so I'm guessing when I say that Mr Booze is perhaps pointing out that DM is being written off due to his behaviour whilst DR retains his legend status? If so, I tend to agree to an extent. If DM was firing goals in and playing out of his socks every week I'd put money on his latest foolishness being spoken of as 'boys will be boys.' Of course if that's not what the debate is about please ignore me, everyone else does :greengrin

PS: I think DM is daft for doing what he's done and if the club choose to punish him, he deserves what he gets

Thanks Mr Campbell, the above was what I was trying to say, but not as eloquently put as you did, and have been fighting fire with fire for saying so................:wink:

Going to have to change my username to Red Adair.....

silverhibee
08-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Developing into a bit of a slagging match guys :greengrin - back on topic or its gone. :wink:

Delabooze should delete his coment about Riordan being convicted of assault when he is wrong. other people reading this thread may think he is telling the truth.:faf: when really he is saying things that could have a comeback for not him but Hibs.net.:agree:

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2010, 11:23 PM
Maybe you have missed my posts regarding Hughes when I said he was building a fantastic squad with quality players, maybe you chose to ignore them?

Forgive me, i must have missed it in amongst all the Riordan berating.

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Delabooze should delete his coment about Riordan being convicted of assault when he is wrong. other people reading this thread may think he is telling the truth.:faf: when really he is saying things that could have a comeback for not him but Hibs.net.:agree:

Post has been altered...........

BroxburnHibee
08-02-2010, 11:30 PM

SH, there is a report post function below if anybody feels we have missed something. Feel free to use it.

Unfortunately, myself and the other admins don't have time to read every post in every single thread :wink:

Chuckie
08-02-2010, 11:32 PM
he he he he he he...

--------
08-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Darren McCormack's a silly boy and I think he'll be on final warning from Yogi..any more booboo's and he'll be out :wink:

Magor, I think you're probably right.

And that that's probably just about the right way to deal with this. :agree:

silverhibee
08-02-2010, 11:50 PM

But not deleted.

silverhibee
08-02-2010, 11:51 PM
SH, there is a report post function below if anybody feels we have missed something. Feel free to use it.

Unfortunately, myself and the other admins don't have time to read every post in every single thread :wink:

:thumbsup:

Big Frank
08-02-2010, 11:55 PM
he he he he he he...

:faf:

Purehibee_MYB
08-02-2010, 11:56 PM
I came straight onto the last page to read about DM and its all about deeks!? maybe the title of this thread should be changed to "The Comparions of McCormack to Riordan" :hmmm:

J-C
09-02-2010, 12:02 AM

No problem JC, what was meant to be a thread about McCormack being a silly boy, turned into DB having a go at Riordan etc, just got fed up with it, that's all.

Delabooze I know you're a real Hibbie, it's just sometimes certain post you make, you don't come across as such( apologies for suggesting this ) and others on this thread have also had a go at you for continually having a dig at Riordan.

All's good JC, it won't get personal. :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
09-02-2010, 12:04 AM
No problem JC, what was meant to be a thread about McCormack being a silly boy, turned into DB having a go at Riordan etc, just got fed up with it, that's all.

Delabooze I know you're a real Hibbie, it's just sometimes certain post you make, you don't come across as such( apologies for suggesting this ) and others on this thread have also had a go at you for continually having a dig at Riordan.

Booked4Being-Ugly
09-02-2010, 12:15 AM
Well thank god no-one's over reacted to this incident.........! :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2010, 12:30 AM

Yip thats how i see it too, i hope that changes, as there are some younger posters who look up to Delabooze as a role model, and they will perhaps copy him.:devil:

TornadoHibby
09-02-2010, 09:16 AM

Too many people judging here without knowing the facts but that's not unusual on here now is it?! :confused:

haagsehibby
09-02-2010, 09:55 AM
Report in the Scotsman says he could still face a drunk driving charge.

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-defender-could-face-drink.6054432.jp

ancient hibee
09-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Report in the Scotsman says he could still face a drunk driving charge.

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-defender-could-face-drink.6054432.jp (http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-defender-could-face-drink.6054432.jp)
If found guilty how does that compare with not being allowed into a nightclub?

KerPlunk
09-02-2010, 10:45 AM
Ach, c'mon, wee Dazza can't hold a candle to Gazza. :rolleyes: Arrested for the 2nd time in 2 days. :devil:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tees/8505636.stm

"Straightjacket please, nurse......"

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2010, 10:53 AM
If found guilty how does that compare with not being allowed into a nightclub?

Compare the footballers, dot com.:devil:

ScottB
09-02-2010, 11:00 AM
If he's been drink driving then he has to be punted. No Question. You can stop the comparisons with Deeks and start comparing it to Latapy...

No manner of 'boys will be boys' or 'we all made mistakes when we were 21' can cover up for him drink driving. The guy's a moron who seems determined to throw away a chance and ability that many of us would kill for.

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2010, 11:03 AM
If he's been drink driving then he has to be punted. No Question. You can stop the comparisons with Deeks and start comparing it to Latapy...

No manner of 'boys will be boys' or 'we all made mistakes when we were 21' can cover up for him drink driving. The guy's a moron who seems determined to throw away a chance and ability that many of us would kill for.

Don't be silly, that wouldn't help some peoples argument, would it?:devil:

Woody1985
09-02-2010, 11:45 AM
Yip thats how i see it too, i hope that changes, as there are some younger posters who look up to Delabooze as a role model, and they will perhaps copy him.:devil:

:tee hee:

allmodcons
09-02-2010, 12:25 PM

Your first paragraph kinda sums it up.

I like Riordan and think he's probably the most naturally gifted player at ER but I'm beginning to wonder if you're his MUM 'cos you never see him do anything wrong and laud him with praise at every opportunity.

Dinkydoo
09-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Seems to be making the headlines off the pitch all too frequently for someone who should be working hard to get game time in the 1st team.

Not great judgement on his part by any means.

Don't really have enough info on the incident to make an informed judgement about this although it is blatently obvious that driving a car without a license or insurance is wrong for whatever reason.

Him being a Hibs player, I would hope that his intentions were gid (helping out a drunk mate...etc) but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Three strikes and you're out I'm afraid, one more chance to try and make it at Hibernian F.C IMO.

Sudds_1
09-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Of course, Riordan could pump the whole back 4s wifes and girlfriend, in fact both,:wink: but as long as he's scoring goals he's fine. As for McCormack, get rid, a waste of space.:devil:

Maybe he was driving John Terry's car then? :devil:

HFC 0-7
09-02-2010, 01:46 PM

Considering your username (possibly a huge coincidence however :greengrin) and the authority with which you refer to details of the incident, might it not be wise on your part to refrain from giving any more information on this topic on this board? :dunno:[/QUOTE]

It may be that he was breathalysed at the roadside where he was over the limit, at that point he would have been arrested for Drinking, driving with no license and no insurance. When he got back to the station they breathalyse you twice on another machine and use the lowest reading, at that point he could be below the limit (happens to a lot of morning after drinkers). At this point they would have changed the charge to Driving with no license and no insurance. they probably by law cant say that they originally arrested him for drink driving.

LeithWalkHibby
09-02-2010, 01:58 PM

Woody1985
09-02-2010, 02:11 PM
It may be that he was breathalysed at the roadside where he was over the limit, at that point he would have been arrested for Drinking, driving with no license and no insurance.

When he got back to the station they breathalyse you twice on another machine and use the lowest reading, at that point he could be below the limit (happens to a lot of morning after drinkers). At this point they would have changed the charge to Driving with no license and no insurance. they probably by law cant say that they originally arrested him for drink driving.

One of the papers, can't remember which as I've read three separate ones today!, says that he could still be pending a DD charge. Whether they've picked that up from one forum or another is anyones guess.

Is it not the case that an individual can refuse a breathalyser test and are then be required to give a blood sample? Therefore, the potential for someone to be charged after the night of the 'offence' still exists.

I make this point in general and not in relation to DMc but am wondering if the above scenario, as reported, is possible.

HFC 0-7
09-02-2010, 02:19 PM
One of the papers, can't remember which as I've read three separate ones today!, says that he could still be pending a DD charge. Whether they've picked that up from one forum or another is anyones guess.

Is it not the case that an individual can refuse a breathalyser test and are then be required to give a blood sample? Therefore, the potential for someone to be charged after the night of the 'offence' still exists.

I make this point in general and not in relation to DMc but am wondering if the above scenario, as reported, is possible.

Nope, if you refuse a breathalyser test you are charged with 'failing to provide a sample' and are subject to the same penalties as drink driving apply. There are limited cases where people cannot provide a sample due to medical conditions (reduced lung capacity etc) where they may have to take a blood sample, but in this instance I wouldnt imagine McCormack would have a medical condition.

Woody1985
09-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Nope, if you refuse a breathalyser test you are charged with 'failing to provide a sample' and are subject to the same penalties as drink driving apply. There are limited cases where people cannot provide a sample due to medical conditions (reduced lung capacity etc) where they may have to take a blood sample, but in this instance I wouldnt imagine McCormack would have a medical condition.

Cheers.

RIP
09-02-2010, 04:24 PM
If I was Scott Lindsay I'd be looking for my money back from The Priory. They obviously didn't give DM the intensive course they gave DR

I'm flying to Southampton 2moro - I'll keep my eye out for him! :greengrin

HibbyAndy
09-02-2010, 04:29 PM
If I was Scott Lindsay I'd be looking for my money back from The Priory. They obviously didn't give DM the intensive course they gave DR

Wish i could fly.:boo hoo::boo hoo:

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2010, 04:44 PM
Wish i could fly.:boo hoo::boo hoo:

Of course you can Orville.

HibbyAndy
09-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Of course you can Orville.

:singing: I wish i could fly, Right up to the sky but i cant :singing:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

YouTube - Orville the Duck - I wish I could fly (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGnuMxFnc1k)

Pedantic_Hibee
09-02-2010, 05:30 PM

I'd recommend against it, it's full of English people :boo hoo:

What brings you down here to the South Coast, business or pleasure?

p.s I'm not hitting on you, honest.

LancashireHibby
09-02-2010, 10:20 PM
I'd recommend against it, it's full of English people :boo hoo:

What brings you down here to the South Coast, business or pleasure?

p.s I'm not hitting on you, honest.

You missed the summer 'rumours' about Deeks, didn't you? :wink:

Toaods
09-02-2010, 11:53 PM
Well Delabooze, you've managed to turn a thread regarding McCormack around and into your continued campaign against Riordan.....well done you.

here's something out of left field as they say....

DeLa Booze is getting panned for going on about Deek being a bad boy, etc which doesn't sit too well with the majority.

I'm not getting involved but suffice to say I have known DLB for years and he is a Hibby( by the way anone CAN question that but might struggle to prove so..:greengrin ) and is entiotled to his opinion as long as it is within legal constraints same as everybody else.

Anyhoo,..... I digress...... reading this thread you could substitute DLB with Hibs Spain on the goalkeeper front, so watch out DLB, you'll get yourself binned as a 'wind-up merchant' and I can't defend two friends on the sidelines.

Unles you'll be OK because you are well known to many users rather than the big man who wasn't....:wink:

blackpoolhibs
10-02-2010, 12:52 AM
here's something out of left field as they say....

DeLa Booze is getting panned for going on about Deek being a bad boy, etc which doesn't sit too well with the majority.

I'm not getting involved but suffice to say I have known DLB for years and he is a Hibby( by the way anone CAN question that but might struggle to prove so..:greengrin ) and is entiotled to his opinion as long as it is within legal constraints same as everybody else.

Anyhoo,..... I digress...... reading this thread you could substitute DLB with Hibs Spain on the goalkeeper front, so watch out DLB, you'll get yourself binned as a 'wind-up merchant' and I can't defend two friends on the sidelines.

Unles you'll be OK because you are well known to many users rather than the big man who wasn't....:wink:
I dont see anyone questioning just how much a hibby he is,:confused: what i am questioning is his motives for bringing Derek Riordan into every story that breaks about a hibs player. Or again bringing up how well Riordan played, when the thread was about another player, and how well, sorry bad, that player had done. He finds it difficult to stop comparing Deek to almost anything anyone says about another player, back pages or front.:confused:

NOLA
10-02-2010, 01:06 AM
Darren McCormack should be ashamed of himself, pretty sure Terry will hit him with some home truths.