PDA

View Full Version : Green Army

HFC 0-7
08-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Whats with the Green Army chant at the games now. Does anyone else think it sounds bad?

The_Todd
08-02-2010, 12:46 PM
I think it's amusing, personally. It would sound much better if everyone joined in, complete with faux Westcountry accents.

Greeeeen Arrrmoyyyy!

An Leargaidh
08-02-2010, 12:51 PM
Whats with the Green Army chant at the games now. Does anyone else think it sounds bad?

Well if you consider we now have two players come to us from said "Green Army" aka Plymouth Argyle who used to play in the same strip as us till they adopted a new poncey "futuristic" look, then I actualy think that as one of the few teams in the UK that anyone's heard of that plays in green...
...that I'd love to hear a lot more of "GREEEN AAARRRRMMMYYY!!!!" getting shouted and not just from the East Stand :thumbsup:

I personally think we Hibbies should adopt it as another 'standard' to shout out instead of the usual "couldnae carry Nadé" stuuff especially at non-derby games :agree:

I give "GREEEN AAARRRRMMMYYY!!!!" 10/10 :top marks

Cammy :greengrin :agree: :greengrin :agree: :greengrin :agree: :greengrin

"Green Army!"

Owain_1987
08-02-2010, 12:54 PM
I hate the green army song :agree: It's really annoying as with the west country. Anyway we are Yogi Hughes Green and White army not just green!

An Leargaidh
08-02-2010, 12:56 PM
I think it's amusing, personally. It would sound much better if everyone joined in, complete with faux Westcountry accents.

Greeeeen Arrrmoyyyy!

The Todd, well said sir! Faux West Country accents would be even better but maybe not everyone attending ER would be that good at a faux West Country accent.

Come on now ye janners, let's get practiced for Wednesday! :greengrin

"GREEEENN AAARRRMMMMOIYYYYY!"

An Leargaidh
08-02-2010, 01:01 PM
I hate the green army song :agree: It's really annoying as with the west country. Anyway we are Yogi Hughes Green and White army not just green!

Aye but look at what Plymouth Argyle were wearing back in 1999/2000...

[/URL][url]http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Plymouth_Argyle/images/plymouth_argyle_1999-2000.gif (http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Plymouth_Argyle/images/plymouth_argyle_1999-2000.gif)

also further back in time...

1971/72 (http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Plymouth_Argyle/images/plymouth_argyle_1971-1972.gif)

1953/55 (http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Plymouth_Argyle/images/plymouth_argyle_1953-1955-a.gif)

They probably still called themselves the Green Army then too :agree:

:wink: Cammy

ivan03
08-02-2010, 01:04 PM
WHO ARE WAIIII?
GREEN ARMYYYYYYYYY!
WHO ARE WAIIII?
GREEN ARMYYYYYYY!

Love it!!:greengrin

The_Todd
08-02-2010, 01:06 PM
The Todd, well said sir! Faux West Country accents would be even better but maybe not everyone attending ER would be that good at a faux West Country accent.

Come on now ye janners, let's get practiced for Wednesday! :greengrin

"GREEEENN AAARRRMMMMOIYYYYY!"

The guys who were trying on Saturday had a decent attempt at the accent. The only reason it sounds poor now is because few people join in.

Wednesday night should be a proper effort. GREEEN ARRMMOOOYYYY

An Leargaidh
08-02-2010, 01:06 PM
WHO ARE WAIIII?
GREEN ARMYYYYYYYYY!
WHO ARE WAIIII?
GREEN ARMYYYYYYY!

Love it!!:greengrin

RAOFL :greengrin

SUPERB YE JANNER YE!

:not worth:not worth:not worth

Jack
08-02-2010, 01:10 PM
As for the wee lad, who tries to start this off about a billion times a match, its going to be a long time but I canny wait for his voice to break :wink:

Ritchie
08-02-2010, 01:15 PM
As for the wee lad, who tries to start this off about a billion times a match, its going to be a long time but I canny wait for his voice to break :wink:

it was funny at first....... :grr:

:devil:

Tinyclothes
08-02-2010, 01:28 PM
In the same bracket as the 'Easy, Easy' chant that was about a couple of seasons ago. Unimaginitive, annoying pish.

K.Marx
08-02-2010, 01:51 PM
may not be the best or most original chant but i'd rather hear that than the usual wall of silence that currently exists within Easter Road!:agree:

Danny_Hibee
08-02-2010, 02:04 PM
The Green Army chants after the winner vs St. Mirren last week sounded great IMo with so many people joining in :top marks

_hucks_
08-02-2010, 02:06 PM
I think a chant in that ilk has its place at Easter Road - I was at a Tranmere game at the weekend and they have their super white army chant, and whilst its repetative and not particularly creative, its something that can be kept going for a prolonged period, which helps to create a bit of atmosphere.

Cal 7-0
08-02-2010, 02:59 PM
No lets not try to sing anything and sit on our hands for ninety mins:rolleyes:

Danderhall Hibs
08-02-2010, 03:00 PM
I thought it was because Aviva were sponsoring the new East Stand.

HFC 0-7
08-02-2010, 03:01 PM
No lets not try to sing anything and sit on our hands for ninety mins:rolleyes:

Try and have a constructive post! IMO opinion it sounds tacky, and anyone listening in will think that it sounds like a bunch of kids copying the advert.

Cal 7-0
08-02-2010, 03:06 PM
Try and have a constructive post! IMO opinion it sounds tacky, and anyone listening in will think that it sounds like a bunch of kids copying the advert.

Opinions ehh In mine's I don't mind it much, better to sing something than nothing at all.

Danderhall Hibs
08-02-2010, 03:07 PM
anyone listening in will think that it sounds like a bunch of kids copying the advert.

Then they'd be right. :greengrin

HFC 0-7
08-02-2010, 03:11 PM
Opinions ehh In mine's I don't mind it much, better to sing something than nothing at all.

I agree we should sing something that nothing at all, but why this? People are saying that its easy to sing and keep singing for a prolonged time. Its not easier than Hibees Hibees Hibees Hibees! I just thing we will end up with a small pocket of fans that sing like the group of motherwell fans or the red ultras of aberdeen. I think we would be better trying to get everyone to sing the old ones rather than trying to get everyone to sing this one.

Cal 7-0
08-02-2010, 03:34 PM
I agree we should sing something that nothing at all, but why this? People are saying that its easy to sing and keep singing for a prolonged time. Its not easier than Hibees Hibees Hibees Hibees! I just thing we will end up with a small pocket of fans that sing like the group of motherwell fans or the red ultras of aberdeen. I think we would be better trying to get everyone to sing the old ones rather than trying to get everyone to sing this one.

I also agree with what you say about the old songs, I just think anything that's adds to the atmosphere at ER should at least be given a bash. I had my wee Niece (3 years old) at the St Mirren game and she was chanting Green Army and still is, It'll take a wee while longer to teach her Turnbull's Tornadoes

HFC 0-7
08-02-2010, 03:38 PM
I also agree with what you say about the old songs, I just think anything that's adds to the atmosphere at ER should at least be given a bash. I had my wee Niece (3 years old) at the St Mirren game and she was chanting Green Army and still is, It'll take a wee while longer to teach her Turnbull's Tornadoes

IMO, I think that if this east stand goes ahead and we end up with ST holders of the east moving to other parts of the ground it may help the atmosphere. I must admit I am guilty of not singing at games anymore. I sit in the west and used to sing and try and start singing but people look at you and think you are mental.

Cal 7-0
08-02-2010, 03:51 PM
IMO, I think that if this east stand goes ahead and we end up with ST holders of the east moving to other parts of the ground it may help the atmosphere. I must admit I am guilty of not singing at games anymore. I sit in the west and used to sing and try and start singing but people look at you and think you are mental.

I know exactly what you mean, I'm an Eastie and the guys around me have talked about the move but we hope to all get back together once the new stand is in place. But there also the chance that the people who look at you like your mental will end up over in the East. (This is not an Eastie Uber Fan comment)

HFC 0-7
08-02-2010, 03:56 PM
I know exactly what you mean, I'm an Eastie and the guys around me have talked about the move but we hope to all get back together once the new stand is in place. But there also the chance that the people who look at you like your mental will end up over in the East. (This is not an Eastie Uber Fan comment)

There may be people from the west end up in the east but I dont think there will be many. The thing is with the west is that there is probably a fair amount of people willing to sing, they just sit all over the place. If some of the east stand 'nutters' were to fill in the gaps they would maybe join the singing across the west. The other thing about the west is that people dont seem to know each other as much as in the east, which means its difficult to get songs started.

Ed De Gramo
08-02-2010, 04:06 PM
Greeeeen Army! I was part of the chants at Darkheid! Brilliant chant!

HibbyAndy
08-02-2010, 04:08 PM
There may be people from the west end up in the east but I dont think there will be many. The thing is with the west is that there is probably a fair amount of people willing to sing, they just sit all over the place. If some of the east stand 'nutters' were to fill in the gaps they would maybe join the singing across the west. The other thing about the west is that people dont seem to know each other as much as in the east, which means its difficult to get songs started.

:hyper:

:cool2:

HFC 0-7
08-02-2010, 04:19 PM
:hyper:

:cool2:

Dont tell me that its just a myth and the east isnt full of 'nutters'!

HibbyAndy
08-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Dont tell me that its just a myth and the east isnt full of 'nutters'!

There's certainly a few bampots in the East aye.:agree:

Tinyclothes
08-02-2010, 04:23 PM
As far as I can see it's pretty much the same as saying 'simples' after every sentence. Alright for very young children. But if you are an adult then you should really retire to a damp, cold and dark room and have a long, stern word with yourself.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
08-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Surely "Yogi Hughes, Green and white army" would be better? :confused:

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Surely "Yogi Hughes, Green and white army" would be better? :confused:

I agree, although some folk dont like him, and i cant imagine them singing it?:devil:

Hainan Hibs
08-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Green Arrrrrrrrmmmmmmyyyy!!!

Fantastic chant:greengrin:thumbsup: