PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Jim O'Brien

woodythehibee
08-02-2010, 12:36 PM
According to the papers we are interested in him.

Motherwell winger Jim O'Brien says he could yet stay with the club after the summer despite interest from Aberdeen, Dundee United and Hibernian. (Various)

MacBean
08-02-2010, 12:38 PM
would be a great addition to the squad, cracking wee player! :thumbsup:

borstalboy
08-02-2010, 12:46 PM

do some work you!:wink:

Removed
08-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Mackay :brokenyam: :blah: :blah::blah: talking him up for the yams in the EEN :trumpet:

007 Mickey Weir
08-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Not for me! We have many players better than him. Currie and Welsh are better and not getting a game!

brythehibby
08-02-2010, 01:02 PM
According to the papers we are interested in him.

Motherwell winger Jim O'Brien says he could yet stay with the club after the summer despite interest from Aberdeen, Dundee United and Hibernian. (Various)

Not overly keen on o'brien dont particularly rate him that highly. Think we have better already at the club than him.

Owain_1987
08-02-2010, 01:03 PM
No one on the wing called O'Brien please :greengrin

Ell_Chrisso
08-02-2010, 01:15 PM

Are you compensating for something with that flag? :wink:

Nice Gnome BTW, :thumbsup:

Stuarty27
08-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Another example of a player playing out of his skin when his contract is about to expire...

As soon as he gets his "big Move" he will just go back to the mediocracy he is used to..

Personally think he is no better than John Rankin.

brythehibby
08-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Another example of a player playing out of his skin when his contract is about to expire...
As soon as he gets his "big Move" he will just go back to the mediocracy he is used to..

Personally think he is no better than John Rankin.

See Brian Kerr for previous example :greengrin

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
08-02-2010, 01:43 PM
He's a good player, definitely has pace and potential. Craigy Broon won't be happy if he leaves.

Oscar Lomax
08-02-2010, 02:17 PM
He is a cracking player. I would love to see him at Easter Road.

I think Hibs should be trying to sign as many quality players as they can. To say he is no better than two young guy's who have gone out on loan is a bit cocky.

Yes, we have a better class off player at the club right now but lets not get carried away :confused:

Mibbes Aye
08-02-2010, 03:28 PM
He is a cracking player. I would love to see him at Easter Road.

I think Hibs should be trying to sign as many quality players as they can. To say he is no better than two young guy's who have gone out on loan is a bit cocky.

Yes, we have a better class off player at the club right now but lets not get carried away :confused:

TBH from what I've seen of the three of them, they don't play anything like the same positions and any comparison is therefore a bit pointless.

I think we've got the right number of players to cover the attacking positions, or at least I don't think we're short, so it's a case of looking to increase the quality. I don't think O'Brien offers goals (and I think we are lacking strength in depth there) although I'm sure he had a decent scoring record for the youths and reserves at Celtc. It then becomes a question of whether he improves the attacking potential of the side.

I suppose it comes down to who we may lose and retain come the summer, and who our other targets are. While we have some outstanding potential upfront and in an attacking sense, we can also improve considerably.

No doubt Yogi will know best :greengrin

blackhibee
08-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Well I think O'brien's a cracking player, but I don't know where he would fit in at Hibs TBH. To me he is similar to Gow,so at the moment I wouldn't bust a gut trying to get him, it's not as if we don't have enough decent quality forwards at the moment, but I'd definitely take him if one of them left for pastures new.

PeterboroHibee
08-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Never really heard much about him tbh. I know he was terrible at his spell at Dundee United (from a few Utd fans), but that was a few years ago.

Hes not a player who Id think is a particularly exciting signing, and we already have quality players in his position, so not sure. If thats who Yogi wants I have faith however, his signings have been brilliant so far!

brog
08-02-2010, 04:18 PM
I must admit he's never struck me as anything special. Usually plays on the left but continually has to cut back on to his right foot to cross the ball. I think he's been in & out of favour with a number of 'Well managers which confirms impression he blows a bit hot & cold. If we have to pay a signing on fee & a reasonable wage I think we could do better.

HibeeDaz6270
08-02-2010, 05:02 PM
Some of the posts here are nonsense. He is a good player, with pace! He would be a very good addition to the squad.

brog
08-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Some of the posts here are nonsense. He is a good player, with pace! He would be a very good addition to the squad.

No, they're just people having varying opinions of a player's ability, one of the main themes of this board. Because someone's view is different from yours does not make their ( or your :wink: ) opinion nonsense.

TheBall'sRound
08-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Doubt we are THAT interested - I wouldn't be surprised if every player in Scotland outside of the old firm gets linked with us as we're on the up (at the moment) and clearly aren't strapped for cash should we need it.

It's just the papers/pundits adding another name to the list, in my opinion.

declan macmanus
08-02-2010, 05:46 PM
He would certainly win us a few free kicks around the box - not that I think he is a diver or anything :wink:

hfc rd
08-02-2010, 10:10 PM
He looks a very good player. Very fast, direct, both footed and can play on either wing. Wouldn't mind taking him.

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2010, 10:19 PM
From what i have seen of him and it is limited, he looks like someone on the top of his form at the moment. We will have some fringe players leaving in the summer, and this will be just the kind of player Yogi will be looking at to replace those fringe players with.