PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Stokes/Christian Nade

Joy Zipper
08-02-2010, 10:17 AM
I was having a heated debate with one of my Yam friends at the start of the season over Anthony Stokes and Christian Nade.

I was arguing that Nade was the worst striker ever to grace the SPL, and with a career strike rate of 19 goals in 173 games to date (courtesy of Wikipedia) I feel that this argument held some weight.

However, the retort was that he was a better player than Stokes, who's strike rate since his golden spell at Falkirk wasn't any better (4 goals in 61 games).

Now, I know that hindsight can embarrass the hapless Yam, but my question is, can Anthony Stokes score more goals this season than Nade (4 years his senior) has scored in his career ?

Nade career goals - 19 to date
Stokes goals for Hibs this season - 13.

Ryan91
08-02-2010, 10:33 AM
If Stokesy sets his mind to it, i'm pretty sure he could.

Mon Dieu4
08-02-2010, 10:38 AM
It's getting easier already Stokes has 14 in all competitions for Hibs this season :wink:

Purehibee_MYB
08-02-2010, 11:08 AM
Easy.:jamboak:

PeterboroHibee
08-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Stokes is, imo, one of the best strikers in the league. Hes second in the SPL scoring table behind a guy who scores for fun, and hes one of the key players to us being 3rd.

I constantly here the argument about Nade being a good hold up player etc, which he is good at due to his size, but the amount of easy chances he misses is inexcusable for someone who is a striker.

Whether Hearts fans want to admit it, Stokes is a class player who most SPL teams would want at their disposal.

GraniteCityHibs
08-02-2010, 12:16 PM
I was having a heated debate with one of my Yam friends at the start of the season over Anthony Stokes and Christian Nade.

I was arguing that Nade was the worst striker ever to grace the SPL, and with a career strike rate of 19 goals in 173 games to date (courtesy of Wikipedia) I feel that this argument held some weight.

However, the retort was that he was a better player than Stokes, who's strike rate since his golden spell at Falkirk wasn't any better (4 goals in 61 games).

Now, I know that hindsight can embarrass the hapless Yam, but my question is, can Anthony Stokes score more goals this season than Nade (4 years his senior) has scored in his career ?

Nade career goals - 19 to date
Stokes goals for Hibs this season - 13.
:faf:

I've gone for the end of march! I think Stokes is more than capable of this and Nade is more than capable of not scoring between now and then!!

Houchy
08-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Stokes is, imo, one of the best strikers in the league. Hes second in the SPL scoring table behind a guy who scores for fun, and hes one of the key players to us being 3rd.

I constantly here the argument about Nade being a good hold up player etc, which he is good at due to his size, but the amount of easy chances he misses is inexcusable for someone who is a striker.

Whether Hearts fans want to admit it, Stokes is a class player who every SPL team would want at their disposal.

Changed that for you:agree:

Baader
08-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Your mate is obviously just playing silly bug**rs.

If he is actually being serious he either:

a) Knows absolutely nothing about football

or

b) Is seriously mentally ill

:jamboak:

Joy Zipper
08-02-2010, 01:41 PM
Your mate is obviously just playing silly bug**rs.

If he is actually being serious he either:

a) Knows absolutely nothing about football

or

b) Is seriously mentally ill

:jamboak:

.........or both, and deluded !

Storar
08-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Nade's only scored 2 this season. He's pish:agree:

HibbyAndy
08-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Never mind scoring more than Nade! Stokes will probably score mare goals than the entire hearts team this season.

Speedway
08-02-2010, 02:47 PM
Nade's only scored 2 this season. He's pish:agree:

How pish would you say he was?

HibbyAndy
08-02-2010, 02:50 PM

The pishy pish that makes yer pish smell after eating sugar puffs.

Sheer pishness.

blackhibee
08-02-2010, 03:31 PM

Could I throw the cat amongst the pidgeons a bit and suggest that he is a pish striker but not a totally pish player?

Viva_Palmeiras
08-02-2010, 03:55 PM
With Nade, the argument always has some weight.

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Nade's not that bad. If you ever want a player, who can get hold of the ball 30 yards from goal, and then lay it off, Nade's your man. And when that move breaks down, you can always rely on him still being 30 yards from goal, ready and waiting for the next time.

Speedway
08-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Nade's not that bad. If you ever want a player, who can get hold of the ball 30 yards from goal, and then lay it off, Nade's your man. And when that move breaks down, you can always rely on him still being 30 yards from goal, ready and waiting for the next time.

Are you saying he's pish?

The_Todd
08-02-2010, 04:02 PM
I hope your Yam friend feels slightly foolish now. It was always a losing argument.

God Petrie
08-02-2010, 04:03 PM
Nade better than Stokes? Haha sorry but even the most deluded of yams I know aren't that stupid.

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2010, 04:10 PM
Are you saying he's pish?

Aye, pisher than the biggest pish stain on my late grannys knickers.

Speedy
08-02-2010, 04:55 PM
Never mind scoring more than Nade! Stokes will probably score mare goals than the entire hearts team this season.

He's actually not that far behind.

At the moment Hearts have scored 20 goals in 23 games while Stokes has 13 goals in 21 games.