PDA

View Full Version : Team against the sheep

Monts
08-02-2010, 01:18 AM
A very important game coming up in regards to pulling away from the pack, on wednesday evening (or morning for some of us :greengrin)

What team would you send out?

Hopefully we didnt expend too much energy on saturday as we didnt really need to get out of first gear. However the dons had a much harder time against raith...which hopefully took a lot out of them.

With that in mind i would like to see us try and stretch them with some width on the park. And no i dont mean nade.

Id go with...

Smith

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Bamba
Murray

McBride
Gow
Miller
Galbraith

Riordan/Nish
Stokes

I know that team is never going to be the starting line up, but having a winger on, and gow as a proper attacking midfielder I think it would give them more than enough problems.

Whats your thoughts?

Edit: I would even consider bringing Mccormack in at right back and wotherspoon taking Zoumas place in midfield to stretch them even more. They have a poor attack, which i think darren would be more than capable of dealing with.

DirtyDeeds
08-02-2010, 01:26 AM
I'd suggest playing with 12 players would allow McGhee the right of complaint for a change..........:wink:

silverhibee
08-02-2010, 01:29 AM
Only one change from the team that started on Saturday, and that will be Bamba in for Hanlon.
Yogi wont start making changes to the team that are doing the buisness on the park at the present moment.

southfieldshibby
08-02-2010, 01:31 AM
it just goes to show that we have a big squad who could all make a difference.

if we do play the 12 as you suggest...i won't tell if you don't:wink:

Diclonius
08-02-2010, 01:56 AM
Smith

Wotherspoon Hogg Hanlon Murray

Miller McBride

Zemmama Gow Riordan

Stokes

Or however the **** it's set up these days. :wink:

Calvin
08-02-2010, 02:09 AM
Bamba in for Rankin, Gow in for Nish.

KWJ
08-02-2010, 02:21 AM
Same team that effortlessly dealt with St. Mirren last week :wink:

*waves at Burns*

Monts
08-02-2010, 04:36 AM
Obviously im not advocating playing with 12 players ya bams :greengrin

Im suggesting either nish as he scored 2 on saturday, or Riordan who hasnt been at his best lately, being given a chance up front.

A / usually means or :wink:

*waves at tophe

TheUsualSuspect
08-02-2010, 04:45 AM
Don't disagree with the team but the twelth man is obviously a big advantage. same team but without starting with Galbraith

1 .Smith

2Wotherspoon
3Hogg
4Bamba
5Murray

6Zemmama
7McBride
8Gow
9Miller
10Galbraith

11Riordan/Nish
12Stokes

Monts
08-02-2010, 05:39 AM
Don't disagree with the team but the twelth man is obviously a big advantage. same team but without starting with Galbraith

Ach we should just keep 12 players :greengrin

Ok then, i'll take out zouma,

Although could also take out riordan leaving stokes up on his own, with gow, zemmama and galbraith pushing forward to help stokes out.

rainman
08-02-2010, 06:27 AM
I'd like to see this team get a run out and see how many teams would take points off us for the rest of the season.

Smith

Wotherspoon, Hogg, Bamba, Murray

Zemmama, Miller, McBride, Gow

Nish,

Stokes

I can't see any weak links or passengers in that team.

Cropley10
08-02-2010, 08:06 AM
I'd like to see this team get a run out and see how many teams would take points off us for the rest of the season.

Smith

Nish,

Stokes

But you've left out Rankin.

MountcastleHibs
08-02-2010, 09:34 AM
Smith

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Bamba
Murray

Mcbride
Rankin

Miller
Gow
Riordan

Stokes

Subs: Stack, Zouma, Benji, Nish, Hanlon, Stevenson, Galbraith

PeterboroHibee
08-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Same team thats been starting most games recently. Why are people suggesting we change a winning team?

This team has scored 14 goals in the last 4 games, would be mental to change it about now. We have so much quality on the bench that quite a few of those players are capable of changing a game if we need it.

Gow will be a very good signing for us but he should still be starting on the bench at the moment.

Hainan Hibs
08-02-2010, 09:39 AM
Smith

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Bamba
Murray

Miller
McBride
Rankin

Stokes
Nish
Riordan

Subs : Stack, Hanlon, Gow, Zemmama, Benji, Galbraith, Stevenson.

Andy74
08-02-2010, 09:39 AM
I'd imagine it would be the same team possibly with Bamba for Hanlon. I'm not sure why some think Hughes is suddenly going to drop the likes of Nish and Rankin and bring in the likes of Galbraith?

ancient hibee
08-02-2010, 09:43 AM
I'd imagine it would be the same team possibly with Bamba for Hanlon. I'm not sure why some think Hughes is suddenly going to drop the likes of Nish and Rankin and bring in the likes of Galbraith?

Because they know nothing about football?:greengrin

Speedway
08-02-2010, 09:45 AM
My Line Up:

28. The Gowser.

Calvin
08-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Smith

McBride Bamba

Miller Gow Riordan

Stokes

Love the Green
08-02-2010, 10:07 AM

Smith

Nish,

Stokes

Get youself along to SPECSAVERS...no passengers Reg Varney would be looking for fares from NISH and ZOOMA

"KEEP THE FAITH":wink:

Cropley10
08-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Smith

McBride Bamba

Miller Gow Riordan

Stokes

Interesting. Very, very interesting.:thumbsup:

Subs: Benji Zouma Galbraith Lewis Stack Rankin

fife hfc
08-02-2010, 09:06 PM
Only change I would make would be Bamba for Hanlon ( the young man is unfortunate to be dropped but Bamba is our best defender). I cannae believe I would leave out Zemmama but what a sub to bring on, along with benji and Gow.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
08-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Smith

Miller McBride

Zemmama Gow Riordan

Stokes

I'm with you young fella. We need to set it up for the hun game, and that is the team to get something out them. :top marks I hate to go on, but Nish at Ibrox is like a Giraffe lost in a desert.

hfc rd
08-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Smith

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Bamba
Murray

Miller
McBride
Rankin

Gow

Stokes
Riordan

Subs
Brown
Thicot
Hanlon
Zemamma
Gailbraith
Nish
Benji

RoYO!
08-02-2010, 10:23 PM
I'm with you young fella. We need to set it up for the hun game, and that is the team to get something out them. :top marks I hate to go on, but Nish at Ibrox is like a Giraffe lost in a desert.

i reckon we have to be playing bamba. He left for the ACN and people seem to be very quick to drop him- though i know hanlon has done well.

frequently motm this season and rated as a multi million pound player who we may be able to seriously cash in on.

Kevvy1875
08-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Smith
Spoony Hogg Bamba Murray
McBride
Miller Rankin
Nish
Stokes Deeks

Thats the team that picks itself at the moment and the one that should win us the game. If all is not going well then we have options galore to change the attacking formation.

Subs...

Stack
Zoomer
Benji
Hanlon
Stevenson
Cregg

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
08-02-2010, 10:44 PM
i reckon we have to be playing bamba. He left for the ACN and people seem to be very quick to drop him- though i know hanlon has done well.

frequently motm this season and rated as a multi million pound player who we may be able to seriously cash in on.

Yeah, maybe Bamba for Hanlon. Hanlon has done well agreed.

I'd start Gow tho, he will want to show up Uncle Walt, so that means unseen worker Nish benched.

brydekirk
08-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Yeah, maybe Bamba for Hanlon. Hanlon has done well agreed.

I'd start Gow tho, he will want to show up Uncle Walt, so that means unseen worker Nish benched.

:agree: think gow will have something to prove at ipox :thumbsup:

500miles
08-02-2010, 11:11 PM
..........................Smith
.Wotherspoon...Hogg....Bamba...Murray
...........McBride......Miller......Rankin
.............Nish..................Gow
.........................Stokes

Aberdeen will be looking at us, and really hoping to take us down to thier level. We can't have players hiding at any point of the game - that's not how good championship contenders go about thier business. Because they can find themselves too often on the fringes of the game, Zemmama and Riordan sit this one on the bench, at least until Aberdeen are forced to abandon any sort of bullying/ frustration tactic, at which point, they may be introduced to take advantage of the little cracks that mid-game changes can make.

Wotherspoon and Murray give us lots of width from full back positions, and both McBride and Rankin are happy to cover for thier respective player, with Rankin being more than capable of the overlapping run.

Up front, Nish's link up play, I think, is key to how we play. Gow is a player who can keep the ball all day, making space for the deadly Stokes, and score goals himself. While people may think that Riordan and Zouma are better than all three, I do believe that the team is more than the sum of it's parts, and that the previously mentioned combination means we will dominate the game more, and become less dependant on scraping goals and games.

.Sean.
08-02-2010, 11:24 PM
Smith

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Hanlon
Murray

Zemmama
McBride
Miller

Benji
Nish
Stokes

Big Frank
08-02-2010, 11:27 PM
I'd keep the same team as Sat bar (possibly) putting Sol back in for Hanlon.

All going well, I'd like to see us finish with the same team that finished on saturday. The extra pace in attack towards the end of a game is just what tired defenders like:greengrin

FWIW, I think it will be a tough game, the dandies being better away from home just now. I know the yammish are *****, but it was a very accomplished performance at the PBS with some nice goals.

I think that the soapies will tank hertz, so we must keep on our toes on wed and keep the pressure up with a good win.:agree: A tough month is coming so me must be prepared mentally and physically.

I pray big nish and deeks give us more goals on wed so that we can all keep bickering until Saturday:greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
09-02-2010, 12:03 AM
........................Smith..................

..........Hogg......Bamba.............Murray

Wotherspoon...................................

......................McBride....................

.............Miller..............Rankin..........

........................Nish............Riordan

......................Stokes.....................

Subs: Stack, Hanlon, McCann, Gow, Cregg, Benji, Zouma

( No alignment issues, that's the formation we play :greengrin)

Franck is God
09-02-2010, 12:55 PM
My side would be,

Smith

Spoony----Hogg----Bamba----Murray

McBride
Miller------------Rankin

Nish-------
-------------------Benji
Stokes

Subs

Brown/Maka/Stack (for me I would pick in that order)
McCann
Hanlon
Cregg
Zemmama
Riordan
Gow

matty_f
09-02-2010, 12:59 PM
My side would be,

Smith

Spoony----Hogg----Bamba----Murray

McBride
Miller------------Rankin

Nish-------
-------------------Benji
Stokes

Subs

Brown/Maka/Stack (for me I would pick in that order)
McCann
Hanlon
Cregg
Zemmama
Riordan
Gow

Swap Nish for Gow, and Benji for Deek, and I'd agree.:agree:

Franck is God
09-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Swap Nish for Gow, and Benji for Deek, and I'd agree.:agree:

As long as Yogi keeps our midfield 3 intact I'd be happy with any combination of 3 strikers up top. Zemmama, Benji & Gow could work just as well as Nish, Stokes and Riordan. To think that we still have Byrne and Galbraith in reserve our strength up front is superb, just need to find the right balance IMO.

CallumHibs07
09-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Yoginho in the EEN today saying he's going to shuffle the team about.

Delboy4
09-02-2010, 01:23 PM
What's the saying, If it's NOT broken, don't mend it...:wink:

Bamba for Hanlon - If any change.

We can always bring Gow, Zoumma and Benji/Galbraith/etc on later on in the game.

Rory89
09-02-2010, 01:56 PM
I'll post my team without looking at others suggestions so as not to be swayed by other opinions:

Smith

Zemmama Miller McBride Gow

Stokes Riordan

Andy74
09-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Yoginho in the EEN today saying he's going to shuffle the team about.

No he's not saying that really.

Franck is God
09-02-2010, 02:05 PM
[QUOTE=Delboy4;2345774]What's the saying, If it's NOT broken, don't mend it...:wink:

QUOTE]

Never heard that one, what I've heard is that if it ain't broke be suspicious of it and fiddle with it until everyone is unhappy and it finally is broken.....

Speedway
09-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Smith

Thicot
Hogg
Bamba
Murray

Wotherspoon
McBride
Miller
The Gowser

Riordan
Stokes

CapitalHibs
09-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Smith

McBride Bamba

Miller Gow Riordan

Stokes

I really like that! A lot more physical and allows both Bamba and Hanlon to get a game. Might be even better against the hun at ipox:thumbsup:

hibeemikey21
09-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Anyone know if the game is on tv at all?

PatHead
09-02-2010, 05:52 PM
Full game on BBC alba at 10.00pm if you can cope with the commentry. Sky are showing Rangers away from home funnily enough!

hibeemikey21
09-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Full game on BBC alba at 10.00pm if you can cope with the commentry. Sky are showing Rangers away from home funnily enough!

Cheers mate, up in Inverness tomorrow so have no chance of making the game!

Jones28
09-02-2010, 06:07 PM
Smith

Gow Mcbride Miller Galbraith

Stokes Riordan

thebakerboy
09-02-2010, 08:09 PM
I have 2 sides in mind
The one I would like
Smith
McCann Hogg Bamba Murray
McBride
Spoony Gow
Miller
And any 2 from Stokes, Riordan, Benji, Zouma, Nish, Byrne, Galbraith
Rest on bench with Hanlon and Brown

Team I think Yogi will pick

Smith
Spoony Hogg Bamba Murray
McBride
Miller Rankin
Nish Riordan
Stokes
Subs Stack Hanlon Benji Zouma Gow Cregg Galbraith

Sorry Yogi think my team looks more natural and balanced but hey Yogi Knows best and who am I to contradict him.:wink::greengrin

mike1875
09-02-2010, 08:36 PM
a lot of you have left out Nish of your preferred line ups, i know he misses chances but the team does look very light weight without him

West Upper
09-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Smith

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Bamba
Murray

Zemmama
Mcbride
Miller
Riordan

Stokes
Nish

Subs
Brown
McCann
Hanlon
Cregg
Gow
Benji
Byrne

Judas Iscariot
09-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Smith

Wotherspoon
Bamba
Hanlon
Murray

McBride
Miller

Zemamma
Stokes
Riordan
Gow

Capt Mainwaring
09-02-2010, 09:56 PM
Smith

Wotherspoon
Bamba
Hanlon
Murray

McBride
Miller

Zemamma
Stokes
Riordan
Gow

He won't drop Hogg and I think he'll keep Zemmama for second half impact, along with Benji and Gow.

I think the only change he'll make is Bamba for Hanlon.

Consistency of selection has been key to improved performances over last few weeks ( as well as return of McBride).

In Yogi we trust :wink:

Silver Fox
09-02-2010, 10:08 PM
He won't drop Hogg and I think he'll keep Zemmama for second half impact, along with Benji and Gow.

I think the only change he'll make is Bamba for Hanlon.

Consistency of selection has been key to improved performances over last few weeks ( as well as return of McBride).

In Yogi we trust :wink:

:top marks yip think you called it right. :agree: