Hakim Sar
07-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Potentially two of the worst players ever

FACT

bingo70
07-02-2010, 08:04 PM

FACT

IIRC Shmugge only played one game at pittodrie as a trialist just before Miller was sacked and he wasn't that bad, certainly not as bad as Alan O'brien or Dave Beaumont, the two worst players i can think of in my lifetime

iwasthere1972
07-02-2010, 08:08 PM

FACT

How's the petition to get the Bobby Williamson statue erected outside the West Stand getting on. Any objections to the motion?

Baw187
07-02-2010, 08:10 PM
IIRC Shmugge only played one game at pittodrie as a trialist just before Miller was sacked and he wasn't that bad, certainly not as bad as Alan O'brien or Dave Beaumont, the two worst players i can think of in my lifetime

Can't recall if it was Todders or not but that's defo correct re him only playing one game as a trialist. We seldom signed players in the Miller days and I remember being excited at the prospect of a signing only to be twarted when he never showed up again.

Hibercelona
07-02-2010, 08:11 PM
How's the petition to get the Bobby Williamson statue erected outside the West Stand getting on. Any objections to the motion?

I have one.

If they build that thing to scale, someone is going to have a nasty accident if it falls on them. :wink:

Dashing Bob S
07-02-2010, 08:11 PM

Get to the back of the queue! I've spent the last eight years of my life raising funds for the Lee Power testimonial dinner!

Reaper
07-02-2010, 08:12 PM

FACT

Was Larusen not supposed to be the new Michael Laudrup :faf: He was ***** though. Mind there's been a few

Greg Miller
Paul Tosh
Hurtado
Fabrice Henry
etc etc etc

Toaods
07-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Totally disagree...

Schmugge was terrific, great goal against Aberdeen. we were actually crap then. I was told he was booted because he was staying at Donald Park's hotel and was pissed out of his head. HIbs made up some garbage story about his dog not getting into the UK to cover it.

Bjarni was a good athlete and looked a decent prospect too. Believe he still plays in Sweden maybe??

We have had a squad full of rubbish worse than either of those pair.

sixtwo
07-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Humphrey rudge. He was brutal
Eduardo Hurtado. Very poor indeed.

Has anyone posted a worst 11 before?

shagpile
07-02-2010, 08:24 PM

I wouldn't mind putting a motion on Williamson himself, never mind a statue of him!

fife hfc
07-02-2010, 08:28 PM
laruson scored at rugby park I think or I at least remember him doing something at that game. Did Schmugge not make his debut on the same day as Ray Wilkins (who was eighty at the time:greengrin).

I remember at the time getting excited that we might sign Thorsten (one that got away I suppose). Worst player I have seen in a Hibs top is Gottskalksson terrible goalie. As for Dave Beaumont did he not score against Anderlecht in the 2-2 draw:confused: So at least done something right.

Baw187
07-02-2010, 08:28 PM
Totally disagree...

Schmugge was terrific, great goal against Aberdeen. we were actually crap then. I was told he was booted because he was staying at Donald Park's hotel and was pissed out of his head. HIbs made up some garbage story about his dog not getting into the UK to cover it.

Bjarni was a good athlete and looked a decent prospect too. Believe he still plays in Sweden maybe??

We have had a squad full of rubbish worse than either of those pair.

I was a bit young to recall in that kind of detail!! I'm right in Schmugge only playing one game tho, aye?

fife hfc
07-02-2010, 08:29 PM

Why:confused:

Never really got a chance and was excellent in the unbeatable game against hearts.

.Sean.
07-02-2010, 08:32 PM

Naw, but here goes...

Balogh

Cinkas Zaliukas Bouzid Visconte

Suso Black Stewart

Witeven Nade Mole

:devil:

Pretty Boy
07-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Who was the boy who played in a derby at Tynescastle and barely left the centre circle? He was blond and brutal that's all i remember.

Might have been called Rippa or something? Mid 90s.

Hibercelona
07-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Who was the boy who played in a derby at Tynescastle and barely left the centre circle? He was blond and brutal that's all i remember.

Nade with a new hair style?

.Sean.
07-02-2010, 08:37 PM

Might have been called Kerr or something? Late 00's.

Fixed that for you :wink:

Hakim Sar
07-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Personally I think lee power testemonial dinner at giulianos or kebab mahal would be an excellent idea.

Secondly, it's amazing how you can forget that Humphrey rudge is actually out there probably living in some shack in holland lovin the fact that he was at hibs

Grof
Prenderville
Beaumont
Murdock
Tortolano
Greig miller
Jarko wiss
Larusson
Fabrice henry
Sowunmi
Konte

With noteable mentions for rudge earl jean hurtado and oumar konde

Managed by the blob and chaired by ken lewandowski

Hibercelona
07-02-2010, 08:40 PM

Might have been called Kerr or something? Late 00's.

Fixed that for you :wink:

He left the centre circle once in that derby and thats all that matters. :greengrin

18/03/07
07-02-2010, 08:41 PM
laruson scored at rugby park I think or I at least remember him doing something at that game. Did Schmugge not make his debut on the same day as Ray Wilkins (who was eighty at the time:greengrin).

I remember at the time getting excited that we might sign Thorsten (one that got away I suppose). Worst player I have seen in a Hibs top is Gottskalksson terrible goalie. As for Dave Beaumont did he not score against Anderlecht in the 2-2 draw:confused: So at least done something right.
Never forgive him for not chopping the wee runt foster

.Sean.
07-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Personally I think lee power testemonial dinner at giulianos or kebab mahal would be an excellent idea.

Secondly, it's amazing how you can forget that Humphrey rudge is actually out there probably living in some shack in holland lovin the fact that he was at hibs

Grof
Prenderville
Beaumont
Murdock
Tortolano
Greig miller
Jarko wiss
Larusson
Fabrice henry
Sowunmi
Konte

Seen alot worse than Konde anyway.

boris the blade
07-02-2010, 08:45 PM

i believe his name was juha riippa from finland

alen orman,brian hamilton lyndon andrews

thebakerboy
07-02-2010, 08:53 PM
Dave Beaumont's biggest claim to fame must be that he got a League Cup winners medal (unused sub) but had never actually played for Hibs before the final or obviously in the final. How do you get a medal before you pull on a shirt?:grr::grr: And he was crap anyway.

.Sean.
07-02-2010, 08:56 PM

Alen Orman is far, far from one of our worst.

Pretty Boy
07-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Dave Beaumont's biggest claim to fame must be that he got a League Cup winners medal (unused sub) but had never actually played for Hibs before the final or obviously in the final. How do you get a medal before you pull on a shirt?:grr::grr: And he was crap anyway.

Dave Beaumont should have been hung, drawn and quartered for failing to haul down Wayne Foster before THAT goal.

How we didn't win that game still haunts me to this day. We ran the barstewards ragged the whole 2nd half and that happened.:grr:

millarco
07-02-2010, 08:59 PM

Nothing wrong with Lyndon, though admittedly didn't look like a footballer. He was just unfortunate that the player playing the Matty Jack role instead of him was Matty Jack.

Orman wasn't great either, but I'm sure there's been much worse.

Iain G
07-02-2010, 09:01 PM

Grof
Prenderville
Beaumont
Murdock
Tortolano
Greig miller
Jarko wiss
Larusson
Fabrice henry
Sowunmi
Konte

Funny how you manage to miss out your very own namesake on that list, Hakim Sar Temsoury (sp?) who was rank, as was Freddie Daquin IIRC. :confused:

And you forgot Jamie McQuilken who still gives me nightmares...

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-02-2010, 09:05 PM

Weve had far, far worse than wee Lyndon imo. Weve had some absolute shockers over the years!!

Hiber-nation
07-02-2010, 09:06 PM

Ah yes...New Broomfield Hell - The Play Off :boo hoo:

Billy Whizz
07-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Funny how you manage to miss out your very own namesake on that list, Hakim Sar Temsoury (sp?) who was rank, as was Freddie Daquin IIRC. :confused:

Larusson played in a 6-2 defeat at Motherwell when Duffy was Manager. Hibs actually went 2-0 up. McLeish was the Motherwell manager. I believe this was Duffy's last game and McLeish took over the next week. I cant't remember if Larusson played for Hibs again under McLeish?

Billy Whizz
07-02-2010, 09:09 PM
:hnet:
Larusson played in a 6-2 defeat at Motherwell when Duffy was Manager. Hibs actually went 2-0 up. McLeish was the Motherwell manager. I believe this was Duffy's last game and McLeish took over the next week. I cant't remember if Larusson played for Hibs again under McLeish?

Iain G
07-02-2010, 09:09 PM
Nothing wrong with Lyndon, though admittedly didn't look like a footballer. He was just unfortunate that the player playing the Matty Jack role instead of him was Matty Jack.

Orman wasn't great either, but I'm sure there's been much worse.

Lyndon Andrews who was part of the winning team in a certain derby match :agree:

Iain G
07-02-2010, 09:14 PM

The very game I was thinking about, watching him unable to pass to Andy Dow who was 3 yards away from him, instead passing to the Airdrie player who was in between him and Dow...:bitchy:

fife hfc
07-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Never forgive him for not chopping the wee runt foster

forgot about that one:grr:

Audio Visual
07-02-2010, 09:23 PM

Round about that time we had McQuilken competing with Rab Shannon and David Elliott for the left back slot. Add Jimi Boco to that and it's no wonder we got relegated!

I'm not sure that one game should qualify you for an all-time worst XI but if it does then Klaus Dietrich must also be in with a shot...

Shrekko
07-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Schmugge was a German under 21 international and looked pretty decent in his one and only game (although he never scored). Larusson I thought was very decent in his few appearances but obviously big Eck didnt fancy him. It's worth remembering he went on to play quite a few games in England's 2nd tier.

A lot lot lot worse have played for Hibs.

Jumbo
07-02-2010, 09:52 PM

It was at Broadwood :wink: and another one of our not so greats scored that night ........... Paul Tosh :eek:

Dibben
07-02-2010, 10:34 PM

I don't think he did play for us again. I remember going to a reserve game, right after McLeish signed. Duffy had set up a trial for a player called 'Testimitanu' or similar, he was Georgian I think. He was duly sent packing the next day or so!

BH.

Capt Mainwaring
07-02-2010, 10:37 PM
no self respecting thread on an all time worst XI should be allowed to pass without reference to Mark Caughey and Stuart Turnbull.

Bayern Bru
07-02-2010, 10:44 PM
How the hell has no-one mentioned Zarabi yet?!
:confused:
I still occasionally wake up in a cold sweat imagining him attempting to take on the entire midfield of the opposition and leaving us horrendously exposed at the back.

Left Hibs because his "family were refused visas." Funny how that echoes the story about Schmugge eh?

Also David Elliott, who played under Duff Jimmy and managed to pick up more red cards than I've had hot meals (or so it seemed).

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
07-02-2010, 10:46 PM
Was Laruson the guy that Miller played at Tynecastle, and then later knocked back the wages on offer? I think Miller then signed 58 year old Ray Wilkins, and the rest is history.

Bayern Bru
07-02-2010, 10:49 PM
Was Laruson the guy that Miller played at Tynecastle, and then later knocked back the wages on offer? I think Miller then signed 58 year old Ray Wilkins, and the rest is history.

Don't think so. Think he was a product of the Duffy era.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=12958

1997-1998, that was Duffy wasn't it?

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=11151

john18722
07-02-2010, 10:51 PM
I cannot believe no one has mentioned Paul Holsgrove yet? Worst, slowest, couldn't pass to a team mate midfielder I have ever seen in a Hibs shirt! He made Justin Skinner look good!

Pretty Boy
07-02-2010, 10:59 PM
Lee Power
Shaun Dennis
Rab Shannon
Zibi Malkowski
Simon Brown
Michael Renwick
Brian Hamilton
Paul Holsgrove
Jarkko Wiss
Eduardo Hurtado
Amadou Konte
Dave Beaumont
Paul Tosh
Ray Wilkins
Chic Charnley
Earl Jean
Allan Smart

Just some of the names that give me nightmare when i remeber them in a Hibs shirt.

PatHead
07-02-2010, 11:01 PM
Take it the team would be managed by Duff Jimmy and Zibby has to be goalie purely for his displays against Hertz. Finally O'Brien has to be in the team due to the chances he had to redeem himself

Iain G
07-02-2010, 11:33 PM
Lilian Martin :wink::greengrin

07-02-2010, 11:38 PM
Don't think so. Think he was a product of the Duffy era.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=12958 (http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=12958)

1997-1998, that was Duffy wasn't it?

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=11151 (http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=11151)

The guy was Finnish I think, played one game at Tynecastle and then refused terms. He played quite well on the day if I recall, but didn't stick around long. I think it finished 1-1.

07-02-2010, 11:41 PM
I cannot believe no one has mentioned Paul Holsgrove yet? Worst, slowest, couldn't pass to a team mate midfielder I have ever seen in a Hibs shirt! He made Justin Skinner look good!

I remember being in the old upper West one match when Holsgrove was getting subbed off, and there was this boy in front of me shouting: 'Holsgrove, Holsgrove, F-OFF!!!!!' at him :greengrin He was shouting it the whole time as Holsgrove trudged off. You had to be there.:greengrin

Bishop Hibee
07-02-2010, 11:50 PM
David Elliot
Willie Irvine (the 2nd one)
Paul Tosh
Mark Dempsie

For what we paid and what was expected of him, Alan O'Brien has to be the worst though.

RickyS
08-02-2010, 12:03 AM
Lee Power
Shaun Dennis
Rab Shannon
Zibi Malkowski
Simon Brown
Michael Renwick
Brian Hamilton
Paul Holsgrove
Jarkko Wiss
Eduardo Hurtado
Amadou Konte
Dave Beaumont
Paul Tosh
Ray Wilkins
Chic Charnley
Earl Jean
Allan Smart

Just some of the names that give me nightmare when i remeber them in a Hibs shirt.

:bitchy:

PC Stamp
08-02-2010, 12:38 AM
The guy was Finnish I think, played one game at Tynecastle and then refused terms. He played quite well on the day if I recall, but didn't stick around long. I think it finished 1-1.

Juha Riipa.

08-02-2010, 12:43 AM
Juha Riipa.

that rings a bell. I wonder what happened to him? He looked better than Wiss.

Criswell
08-02-2010, 01:04 AM
I think Mark Caughey definitely deserves a mention.

(If he's a footballer, then I'm the Sultan of Baghdad)

Baader
08-02-2010, 01:33 AM
For a while we had a truly nightmare inducing series of left backs after Graeme Mitchell left - Graeme Love, Davie Elliott, Jamie McQuilken. Still shudder to think.

Zibi I still find hard to even look when he features on some of my old DVDs. I think he had just given up around the time of THAT semi final... :grr:

Lee Power deserves honorary mention in The Chamber of Horrors and probably the angriest I've been at a football match was when he blasted over a good one on one chance at Stark's Park late in the game which meant we had to play-off against Airdrie. Some of the absolute S*** I've witnessed watching Hibs - And some people moan about Nish!

Power was Chairman of Cambridge up til last year I saw!!

KWJ
08-02-2010, 02:12 AM
I always feel the need to back up Fabrice Henry & Hurtado in these threads. Mark Dempsie too!

For me Paul Tosh is simply the worst and even Basher Lavety deserves a mention. Colin Murdock was pure dross but I loved him after that penalty.

Didn't think Paul Holsgrove was all that bad either.

Steve-O
08-02-2010, 06:21 AM

Juha Rippa I think his name was...I have vague memories of it.

Has everyone forgotten Jarkko Wiss? He was the worst by far, and even worse than that, some people on this very website defended him!!! :grr:

NOLA
08-02-2010, 06:54 AM
I Liked torsten Shmugge, thought he was a decent player, billy McNeil:grr: what was that about? i did better on the spectrum ZX,

Hiber-nation
08-02-2010, 07:20 AM
It was at Broadwood :wink: and another one of our not so greats scored that night ........... Paul Tosh :eek:

So it was! He actually turned out not to be that bad a player after he left us.

Can't believe the thread title, I could reel off at least 5 Hibs teams worth of players worse than what I saw of Schmugge and Larusson. For oldies like me, Jas K Brown, Duncan Lambie and Lawrie Tierney (although I think he only played twice) are right up there.

PaulSmith
08-02-2010, 07:51 AM
I think Mark Caughey definitely deserves a mention.

(If he's a footballer, then I'm the Sultan of Baghdad)

A World Cup star I'll have you know.

Lucius Apuleius
08-02-2010, 08:01 AM
Cannot believe anybody would put Tortolano in a worst 11:grr::grr:

Speedway
08-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Davie Fellinger.

That's all I need to say.

Where is he now?

Stuarty27
08-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Andy Dow

Aldo
08-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Lillian Martin
Peter Guggi
Joe McLaughlin
Ray Wilkins
Eammon Bannon

and i am sure there are loads more.

Hakim Sar
08-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Paul holsgrove was rank!! Good shout.

Emilio bottoglieri and chris jackson.... Discuss??

Jumbo
08-02-2010, 02:20 PM
I dont know why Lillian Martin's name comes up on these threads, he was signed by Franck Sauzee played 1 game for us, where he was no worse than the rest of the team, not saying much admittedly :greengrin, and was dumped by Blobby as soon as he came in :confused:

No mention of Simon Brown yet, that goal at tynie :grr:

Speedway
08-02-2010, 02:42 PM
I dont know why Lillian Martin's name comes up on these threads, he was signed by Franck Sauzee played 1 game for us, where he was no worse than the rest of the team, not saying much admittedly :greengrin, and was dumped by Blobby as soon as he came in :confused:

No mention of Simon Brown yet, that goal at tynie :grr:

Lillian Martin's story was quite a complicated one and an example of Hibs P+L being protected by some more Petrie Prudence. I can't remember the details but I think most of it is here:

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Martin-quits-Easter-Road.2318109.jp

blackhibee
08-02-2010, 04:24 PM
no self respecting thread on an all time worst XI should be allowed to pass without reference to Mark Caughey and Stuart Turnbull.

Thank God somebody mentioned these 2, I was beginning to think I was the only person not born in the 90's on this thread! Yep,the chairman flies over to America to sign a 'world cup star'- Caughey. Oh dear...and Turnbull? Now he, along with Jim Blair, to me represent the players with the least ability that I've ever seen at Hibs.