PDA

View Full Version : Is this being too petty.....

sixtwo
07-02-2010, 02:45 PM
My tipple of choice is lager. More often than not, I'll choose Tennents lager. It's probably more to do with habit and price rather than taste. Anyway, since they are going to be sponsoring the ugly sisters, i plan to boycot the drink. I will not give money to a company that helps to finance those bile spewing sectarian barstewards.

Will anyone else do the same thing or is this pointless and petty???

.Sean.
07-02-2010, 02:47 PM
**** Tennants mate. Stella's the way forward :thumbsup:

Mikey
07-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Guys, if you read the hibs.net board rules you'll see that lager drinkers aren't allowed on here.

Sort yourselves out :tsk tsk:

TRC
07-02-2010, 02:50 PM
Just start drinking pint o whisky:thumbsup:

KerPlunk
07-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Funny how it's only companies that make lagers of choice for jakeys & neds who will go near OF shirt sponsorship.

Wonder who'd sponsor the Bigot Twins would do if alcohol ads on shirts were banned ?

:confused:

Riordans Boots
07-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Guys, if you read the hibs.net board rules you'll see that lager drinkers aren't allowed on here.

Sort yourselves out :tsk tsk:

What about wine drinkers :dunno:

arthurduncan
07-02-2010, 02:55 PM
the benefits of living in a pretty sh*tty capitalist society is that you get the right to choose whatever you want to spend yer hard earned on, for whatever reason. This decision is actually more rational than the majority of consumer decisions.

gringojoe
07-02-2010, 02:57 PM
My tipple of choice is lager. More often than not, I'll choose Tennents lager. It's probably more to do with habit and price rather than taste. Anyway, since they are going to be sponsoring the ugly sisters, i plan to boycot the drink. I will not give money to a company that helps to finance those bile spewing sectarian barstewards.

Not pointless or petty IMHO, I had a few pints of Tennents watching the footy today but as soon as their name goes on the strips of the bigot brothers I'll buy some other drink.

Mikey
07-02-2010, 02:59 PM
What about wine drinkers :dunno:

That's ok for burdz.

Erm........ and young ladies :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
07-02-2010, 03:02 PM
No. 1) It's not good for you drinking that chemical urine 2) it's less revenue for the uglies. There is no excuse for drinking pish in the era of consumer choice. As Sean says, go Stella, young man.

Although there may be a reason why I'm on my third marriage.

iwasthere1972
07-02-2010, 03:12 PM

My weekly two/three pints are Stella because the Tennents where I drink is utter garbage. Even if it wasn't I now wouldn't drink it. :agree:

Scouse Hibee
07-02-2010, 03:14 PM

Yes absolutely but each to their own :wink:

Ed De Gramo
07-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Ahm pure oan the buckie :wink:

JE89
07-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Tennants is pish anyway. I always chose something ahead of carling whilst they sponsored them. Only time it'll be tennants for me its T in the Park!

iwasthere1972
07-02-2010, 03:20 PM
No. 1) It's not good for you drinking that chemical urine 2) it's less revenue for the uglies. There is no excuse for drinking pish in the era of consumer choice. As Sean says, go Stella, young man.

Might have something to do with you spending half your day on here instead of painting the garden shed, mowing the lawn and putting the rubbish out when asked. :wink:

machibby
07-02-2010, 03:34 PM
On a couple of occassions when a friend was playing T in the park I got access all area passes. At first I was quite excited to see fridges full to the brim with free tins of tennents in the artists village, but after I tasted the stuff my excitement subsided... that stuff is pi$$. :jamboak:
I second the pint of whiskey motion

(((Fergus)))
07-02-2010, 03:36 PM
Ahm pure oan the buckie :wink:

Now THAT would be a fitting sponsor for the two of them

killie-hibby
07-02-2010, 03:37 PM
No,its not too petty.

Was in the Cotton Mill (my Kilmarnock local) at lunchtime today, where usually i would have a pint or two of Tennant's.
As from today have changed to Carling.
ps who do they sponsor, if anybody.

Jack
07-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Me and my Hibby mates were discussing this after the game yesterday.

Tennents is my lager of choice, I find it consistent in every pub rather than a good pint here or a bad pint there or constantly changing from one to another.

The other lager drinker said he will change. I’m tight :rolleyes: ! In Tamson’s its £2.70 for Tennents, £3.20 I think for Stella :grr: . TBH Stella isn't that good.

I will be looking for alternatives though.

And another thing. Although its Tennets on their jersey it’s all the companys drinks that would need to be boycotted too.

What is the parent company and what other drinks are they responsible for?

MSK
07-02-2010, 03:46 PM
I couldnt give a flying one who Tennents sponsor ..ive drunk it for years & will continue to do so ....or until my liver tells me too ...:party:

MSK
07-02-2010, 03:47 PM

Tennents is my lager of choice, I find it consistent in every pub rather than a good pint here or a bad pint there or constantly changing from one to another.

The other lager drinker said he will change. I’m tight :rolleyes: ! In Tamson’s its £2.70 for Tennents, £3.20 I think for Stella :grr: . TBH Stella isn't that good.

And another thing. Although its Tennets on their jersey it’s all the companys drinks that would need to be boycotted too.

What is the parent company and what other drinks are they responsible for?C & C ...Magners ...i wonder if the cider heids will gie up their Magners too ...:rolleyes:

http://www.brandrepublic.com/bulletins/br/article/576158/cider-brand-rules/

Scouse Hibee
07-02-2010, 03:49 PM

What is the parent company and what other drinks are they responsible for?

Stick with it man, if you enjoy it stop worrying about who they sponsor. I despise the Sun newspaper and will never ever buy or read it. I do however like to participate in the Happy Hibee draw and have continued despite the Sun sponsorship.

Saorsa
07-02-2010, 03:50 PM

What is the parent company and what other drinks are they responsible for?http://www.candcgroupplc.ie

I'll no longer be drinking tennents :agree:

Scouse Hibee
07-02-2010, 03:51 PM
I couldnt give a flying one who Tennents sponsor ..ive drunk it for years & will continue to do so ....or until my liver tells me too ...:party:

:agree: Quite right, to stop drinking something you enjoy just because they sponsor the OF is ridiculous in my opinion.

Hibercelona
07-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Tennant's is pish water. :jamboak:

Stella's the bees knees, followed by San Miguel, Carling and Foster's. :agree: :greengrin

iwasthere1972
07-02-2010, 03:53 PM

Stella's the bees knees, followed by San Miguel, Carling and Foster's. :agree: :greengrin

Binge drinker. :wink:

MSK
07-02-2010, 03:56 PM

Stella's the bees knees, followed by San Miguel, Carling and Foster's. :agree: :greengrinTennents is pish water but you drink Carling & Fosters ...your no a very educated drinker then ...:greengrin

Hibercelona
07-02-2010, 03:57 PM
Binge drinker. :wink:

Shhht... you don't *hiccup* know what yer *hiccup* talkin aboot. :drunk:

Hibercelona
07-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Tennents is pish water but you drink Carling & Fosters ...your no a very educated drinker then ...:greengrin

A few shots of Bacardi first and they all taste the same to me. :wink:

iwasthere1972
07-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Anyone who drinks beer out of a wee bottle is a big poofter. :wink:

Pints or nothing for me. That's how things should be.

What next?...moisturisers and ear piercings. :devil:

mixumatosis
07-02-2010, 04:01 PM
It used to be said that Carling and Tennents were made to exactly the same recipe and that any difference in taste was purely down to the water used.

Anyhoo, they're both pash. Stella and Heineken are the way forward.

Hibs On Tour
07-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Vodka - avoid all that real-ale, knitted-beard, good-pint or bad-pint pish! :wink:

MSK
07-02-2010, 04:16 PM
It used to be said that Carling and Tennents were made to exactly the same recipe and that any difference in taste was purely down to the water used.

Anyhoo, they're both pash. Stella and Heineken are the way forward.I said as much a few years back on here ..i worked wi Tennents & was on the fork lifts emptying stock from the trunkers..the stock just happened to be barrels of Tennents lager ...from Tadcaster ...:hmmm:

A while later crews were sent to pubs throughout Edinburgh to haul barrels out of lager from cellars as punters began to suss something was up ..it started at Swanney's (Ratcliffe Terr) then the Right Wing etc ...the Tennents reps denied it was Carling but then admitted to a production error in Wellpark Glasgow so Tadcaster had to brew it for us ..:fibber:

A trial ?..if it was it was a bloody expensive one that back fired big style...:greengrin

Woody70x2
07-02-2010, 04:18 PM

Thought the same... all the suggestions of Stella is all right for those that can handle it. If I have not smashed something on the way home it is usually the sorest head in the world in the morning. :greengrin

ArabHibee
07-02-2010, 04:25 PM
No,its not too petty.

Was in the Cotton Mill (my Kilmarnock local) at lunchtime today, where usually i would have a pint or two of Tennant's.

Carling sponsor the OF at the moment. :faf:

Thought the same... all the suggestions of Stella is all right for those that can handle it. If I have not smashed something on the way home it is usually the sorest head in the world in the morning. :greengrin

I heard that a few pints of Stella make you :crazy:

sixtwo
07-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Personally, I think a fitting sponsor for that mob would be an advert for an anti domestic abuse charity.:thumbsup:

Every time those ****ers play each other, incidents of domestic violence shoot through the roof.

Perhaps an idea would be to replace the alcohol sponsorship for the old firm games with the anti domestic violence charity or an anti sectarian message. This would be a step in the right direction, but we all know that could never happen.

mim
07-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Anyone who drinks beer out of a wee bottle is a big poofter. :wink:

I'm not big - only 5' 6 1/2". :wink:

Stick to German bottled beers and you know you're not drinking a pile of chemicals that are going to give you a monster hangover.

Are there any British beers, other than foul tasting micro brewery ones, without a dose of chemicals in them?

I don't know if 'real ale' means no chemicals, but the ones I've tasted are bouf anyway.

I remember a day when Scottish beers were the best in the world - beers like William Youngers I.P.A. Water pumped - pure nectar. :greengrin

Youngers used to make a stout that was very drinkable - well before the days of the shocking Sweetheart stout rubbish - a waste bucket for bad beer.

I can't even enjoy a pint of Guinness over here - although I love the stuff in Dublin.

So, are there any Scottish/English chemical-free beers worth trying - preferably not warm and cloudy?

degenerated
07-02-2010, 05:17 PM

unless it's imported stella i wouldn't give it to a dog :agree:

i always find it best to stick to german and czech beers such as Jever and Pilsner Urquell, chemical free is the way to go. :greengrin

Places such as Peckhams and Hendersons Wine Merchants sell some tip top imported beers from Germany, they do cost a fair bit more but i am all for quality over quantity.

bighairyfaeleith
07-02-2010, 05:19 PM
STELLA STELLA STELLA STELLA

ma wife hates it, but then she needs some discipline, stella stella stella

Seriously though, tennents is pish and should be boycotted:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
07-02-2010, 05:24 PM
I'm not big - only 5' 6 1/2". :wink:

Stick to German bottled beers and you know you're not drinking a pile of chemicals that are going to give you a monster hangover.

Are there any British beers, other than foul tasting micro brewery ones, without a dose of chemicals in them?

I don't know if 'real ale' means no chemicals, but the ones I've tasted are bouf anyway.

I remember a day when Scottish beers were the best in the world - beers like William Youngers I.P.A. Water pumped - pure nectar. :greengrin

Youngers used to make a stout that was very drinkable - well before the days of the shocking Sweetheart stout rubbish - a waste bucket for bad beer.

I can't even enjoy a pint of Guinness over here - although I love the stuff in Dublin.

So, are there any Scottish/English chemical-free beers worth trying - preferably not warm and cloudy?

I've been drinking Guinness for years and was so dissappointed at the so called magical pint of Guinness I was going to taste in Dublin last year.

MSK
07-02-2010, 05:29 PM
I've been drinking Guinness for years and was so dissappointed at the so called magical pint of Guinness I was going to taste in Dublin last year.I think a lot of it is down to cellar management ...ive had Guinness in some pubs & its been absolutley gantin whereas ive had some excellent pints elsewhere ....decent pint o Guinness at the Jewel...:greengrin

.Sean.
07-02-2010, 05:32 PM
A nice wee bottle of Peroni never goes amiss :cool2:

Prof. Shaggy
07-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Good discounted price on a crate of MILLER'S down at lidl...

Moody Mulder
07-02-2010, 05:41 PM
***k tennents lager endoff

basehibby
07-02-2010, 05:48 PM
I don't generally drink Tennants Cooking lager anyway, but will certainly not be purchasing a drop of the pish until they stop supporting the Rantic.

Carheenlea
07-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Can we expect to see "T in The Park" cancelled this year due to poor ticket sales as non Old Firm music fans boycott the event...?

Love the Green
07-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Have to admit I am a cider drinker and when Strongbow sponsered the dogs I would not touch the stuff...thank god Strongbow saw the light and I can endulge myself in the drink as often as I want....

"keep the faith":wink:

iwasthere1972
07-02-2010, 07:13 PM
Have to admit I am a cider drinker and when Strongbow sponsered the dogs I would not touch the stuff...thank god Strongbow saw the light and I can endulge myself in the drink as often as I want....

"keep the faith":wink:

YouTube - The wurzels....i am a cider drinker (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHtfZCMYCP0) :faf:

Dashing Bob S
07-02-2010, 07:20 PM
Might have something to do with you spending half your day on here instead of painting the garden shed, mowing the lawn and putting the rubbish out when asked. :wink:

Unfair! The first two marriages collapsed before I was on Hibs.net, and the third is as rock solid as Petrie's balance sheet, and it's all to do with being at the computer. When my wife ran into the second ex one excruciating time, the latter catishly remarked, 'you mean he actually stays in?'

It's all down to Hibs.net.

lEXO
07-02-2010, 07:42 PM

Carling and Fosters? Fosters is complete pish.In fact it,s that bad not even the Aussies drink it.San miguel and Nelson mandella fair enough, but the other two are pishwater.

The_Todd
07-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Crabbies Ginger Beer is now officially the way forward.

killie-hibby
07-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Carling sponsor the OF at the moment. :faf:

I heard that a few pints of Stella make you :crazy:

Thanks for alerting me. I've gone off lager.Feel a projectile vomit coming on.:boo hoo:

lyonhibs
07-02-2010, 08:40 PM
This is excellent news, as I've been boycotting Tennets for years, on the basis that it tastes like liquid fag ash.

Thus, their sponsorship of the Ugly Sisters leaves me with no dilemma anyway.

European lagers or Scottish Ales in old man pubs are the way to go. :agree: :agree:

Pretty Boy
07-02-2010, 08:48 PM
I seriously cannot believe some people are touting Stella, Carling, Miller Fosters and other mass produced p1sh as serious alternatives to Tennents.

Tennents is a poor lager but all of the other i've mentioned plus countless others are not much better, they are the Tennents of their respective countries.

There are some absolutely great lagers out there if you look for them. Staropramen, Brooklyn Pilsner, Steinlager, Mythos and Super Bock are a few to start.

Also anyone who drinks South American nonsense such as Corona, Sol, Quilmes and so on through choice should be banned from pubs for life. That stuffs not lager.

NAE NOOKIE
07-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Of course boycotting a Lager just coz it sponsors the OF is petty and childish.

But thats what makes Fitba' the geat game it is. Count me in. :thumbsup:

By the way I got a real taste for Jupiler when I was in Belgium a couple of years ago, but I cant seem to get it here. Somebody told me it's full of chemicals and goodness knows all what. But I still liked it.

Hibercelona
07-02-2010, 09:00 PM
I seriously cannot believe some people are touting Stella, Carling, Miller Fosters and other mass produced p1sh as serious alternatives to Tennents.

Tennents is a poor lager but all of the other i've mentioned plus countless others are not much better, they are the Tennents of their respective countries.

There are some absolutely great lagers out there if you look for them. Staropramen, Brooklyn Pilsner, Steinlager, Mythos and Super Bock are a few to start.

Also anyone who drinks South American nonsense such as Corona, Sol, Quilmes and so on through choice should be banned from pubs for life. That stuffs not lager.

Don't knock Corona. :grr:

:wink:

Pretty Boy
07-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Don't knock Corona. :grr:

:wink:

Apologies but really.

What gets me the most is the lime in the neck of the bottle. It's used in Mexico to keep flies out the bottle because it's hot you to55ers :wink:

blueisthecolour
07-02-2010, 09:02 PM
No,its not too petty.

:hahaha::applause::LOL::rotflmao::hilarious

Irish_Steve
07-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Lambrusco???

Killiehibbie
07-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Not petty at all every penny we don't spend is one less that they can get. I've been to Ibrox once and Parkhead not at all in the last 15 years because I don't like to give those ***** any money. Special Brew it is from now on.

NAE NOOKIE
07-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Not petty at all every penny we don't spend is one less that they can get. I've been to Ibrox once and Parkhead not at all in the last 15 years because I don't like to give those ***** any money. Special Brew it is from now on.

Nae problem going to Ibrox or Parkhead to watch Hibs. But I never buy anything in the ground. Better still if its a cup game and you know Hibs are getting half the dosh.

surreyhibbie
07-02-2010, 09:43 PM
The Ugly sisters will get their dosh whether we buy the lager or not. If there's a big backlash they might not renew the sponsorship when it runs out, that's all.

the sponsorship isn't linked to how many pints they sell, so if you like the stuff ( I loved it when I was younger) carry on drinking it.

:greengrin

Woody1985
07-02-2010, 11:58 PM
Of course boycotting a Lager just coz it sponsors the OF is petty and childish.

But thats what makes Fitba' the geat game it is. Count me in. :thumbsup:

By the way I got a real taste for Jupiler when I was in Belgium a couple of years ago, but I cant seem to get it here. Somebody told me it's full of chemicals and goodness knows all what. But I still liked it.

The more I think about it it's not that childish. Sponsorship is used to pull people over to their brand, and no doubt some of the morons will change whether they like it or not.

By the same token, they should expect people who don't want to be associated with the filth to boycott it for the same reason. I will consider changing but only if there's another pint I like but suspect I'll stick with tennents.

I was out on sat and it was only £1.50 a vodka so didn't have to make a choice. :greengrin

HIBEES 4 LIFE
08-02-2010, 07:33 AM
Tennents is pish water but you drink Carling & Fosters ...your no a very educated drinker then ...:greengrin

I second that, Carling and Fosters are 2 of the worst lagers on this planet.

I'll continue to drink Tennants. If Hibs fans were ever to boycott Tennants it should be for having sponsored the Scottish Cup for so many years

Steve20
08-02-2010, 08:19 AM
If I am on the lager, I drink Tennents and will continue to do so. Far better than Fosters, Carling or Stella.

Curmudgeon
08-02-2010, 09:34 AM
Did anybody notice that a couple of days before Tennents announced sponsorship of Rantic, they came out in favour of a minimum price for alcohol. Any connection do you suppose?

Virginia Hibs
08-02-2010, 09:44 AM
Childish and petty to the extreme says the man who hasn't let McEwans lager past his lips since the 80's when they sponsored the Huns and has been requesting Skol Lager as the tipple of choice since 1991 :greengrin

Long may it continue!

Dunno what my excuse for boycotting exercise will be if we win the Active Nation cup!

TRC
10-02-2010, 04:16 PM
Duvel Belgian lager is fantastic pricey but worth it. 8.5% so you don't need that many:thumbsup: