PDA

View Full Version : Welsh & Currie

BEEJ
07-02-2010, 11:45 AM
Although initially sent out on loan to Stenhousemuir for just the month of January, I see that both players are still named as being members of their squad.

http://www.stenhousemuirfc.com/club/squad/

Yet neither of these lads were listed in Stenhousemuir's team / substitutes yesterday.

So has their loan been extended or are they back at ER? :dunno:

graemegyle
07-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Don`t know about Currie but Welsh back at Hibs due to a Knee injury and could be out for the rest of the season.

BEEJ
07-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Don`t know about Currie but Welsh back at Hibs due to a Knee injury and could be out for the rest of the season.
That's a pity. The lad's not been having the best of luck recently on the injury front.

oldbutdim
07-02-2010, 02:02 PM
Although initially sent out on loan to Stenhousemuir for just the month of January, I see that both players are still named as being members of their squad.

http://www.stenhousemuirfc.com/club/squad/

Yet neither of these lads were listed in Stenhousemuir's team / substitutes yesterday.

So has their loan been extended or are they back at ER? :dunno:

Their loan period is up; I believe both have already been told that they will not be offered new contracts at Hibs.

scoopyboy
07-02-2010, 03:57 PM
Their loan period is up; I believe both have already been told that they will not be offered new contracts at Hibs.

They still have another 16 months to go, a bit early to tell them that.

James70
07-02-2010, 04:27 PM
I thought that Welsh in particular was very highly rated :confused:

18/03/07
07-02-2010, 06:04 PM
I thought that Welsh in particular was very highly rated :confused:
Both are highly rated and going from what i hear they will be at ER for years to come

Jonnyboy
07-02-2010, 11:04 PM

That would surprise me I have to admit. Sean Welsh in particular has it all and I see him going far in the game if he can avoid injuries in future. Do you know this for fact obd?

oldbutdim
07-02-2010, 11:12 PM
That would surprise me I have to admit. Sean Welsh in particular has it all and I see him going far in the game if he can avoid injuries in future. Do you know this for fact obd?

This came from a Director at Stenny, who said they were interested in keeping them longer, but Hibs had not agreed. He said he was puzzled because both had been told they had no future at Hibs.

So, not a fact - but not without some foundation I thought.

Perhaps he, or I, misunderstood the position.

Jonnyboy
07-02-2010, 11:17 PM
This came from a Director at Stenny, who said they were interested in keeping them longer, but Hibs had not agreed. He said he was puzzled because both had been told they had no future at Hibs.

So, not a fact - but not without some foundation I thought.

Perhaps he, or I, misunderstood the position.

Cheers for that :thumbsup:

hibs is life
07-02-2010, 11:20 PM
no both the lads and was in a club with them on sat night currie said he is happy at er and yogie said he woul like him 2 get some 1st team experince as he is in his plans and am told he rates both players

Iggy Pope
08-02-2010, 02:44 PM

Would be awfully surprised not to mention saddened at that. Both Leith boys with Hibs pedigrees and last I knew, very highly thought of.
I'd imagine Lee's old boy will be giving his old mate Yogi a rake on the shins if true! His laddie has a tremendous left foot.