PDA

View Full Version : SC draw - Hibs v Ross County

Pages : 1 [2]

J-C
10-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Another cracking draw for the Cabbage, I'm saying no more, don't want to put a jinx on anything. :thumbsup:

chorley_fm
10-02-2010, 02:04 PM
ya dancer !!

Hainan Hibs
10-02-2010, 02:07 PM
He would be pretty will spot on.

The odds of drawing the weakest team (Irvine Meadow) (out of 31) at home in the fourth round would be: 1/31 times 1/2 = 1/62.

The odds of drawing the weakest team (Montrose) (out of 15) at home in the fifth round would be 1/15 times 1/2 = 1/30.

The odds of drawing the weakest team (Ross County) (out of 7) at home in the sixth round would be 1/7 times 1/2 = 1/14.

The odds of all three are 1/62 x 1/30 x 1/14 = 1/26,040.

It may well be Hibs' year.

The odds of Hibs meeting the winner of the Dundee v Aberdeen/Raith tie in the semis will be 1/3. (provided they beat Ross County).

Aye, wasn't going to doubt the man's maths, just hilarious he went to the trouble to work it out, and then got raging about it:greengrin

Bayern Bru
10-02-2010, 02:12 PM
I'm just pleased it's a home tie.
:agree::hyper:

hibbybrian
10-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Have we ever played Ross County?

30-Jul 1981 Ross County 0 - 4 Hibernian
5-Aug 1982 Ross County 1 - 3 Hibernian
29-Jul 1986 Ross County 0 - 7 Hibernian :thumbsup:

Twa Cairpets
10-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Revisionism of the highest order in advance over by

Ah well. Fair play Hibs. If you don't win it this year then it is your own fault. No pressure.
Also, when you lift it in May (Which you should do) it will be the end of umm 108? years of misery. Something that will live on for many many years to come. The hilarity of it is fantastic.
See you next year.

The hurting and fear is tangible

jakedance
10-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Great draw. We've practically had a bye to the semi's. Who cares though, if we win the damn thing it'll take 108 years worth of luck.

Yogi and the team have approached the previous two rounds professionally and I've no doubt we'll get past Ross County.

Wilson
10-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Great draw. We've practically had a bye to the semi's. Who cares though, if we win the damn thing it'll take 108 years worth of luck.

Yogi and the team have approached the previous two rounds professionally and I've no doubt we'll get past Ross County.

No easy ties at this stage and County are in the draw on merit. They will fancy this tie and it could prove much trickier than some might think.

That said I'd have taken anyone at ER.

IWasThere2016
10-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Greetin' Arabs! (http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/output/2010/02/10/gensport.shtm) :greengrin

United drawn away yet again

Dundee United were today handed the prospect of an away tie against holders Rangers in the quarter-final of the Active Nation Scottish Cup — if Walter Smith’s men can overcome St Mirren in a replay at Ibrox a week tonight (write Graeme Finnan and Tom Duthie).

Today’s draw, made at Hampden, means the Tangerines have now been drawn away from home a staggering eight times on the trot in domestic cup competitions.

Elsewhere, Hibs, who’ve already beaten Irvine Meadow and Montrose at Easter Road in this season’s competition, were handed another home tie against lower-league opposition in the shape of Ross County.

Billy Whizz
10-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Going to be a busy day in Edinburgh if this game goes ahead on Saturday 13th March.
Scotland v England at Murrayfield on the same day KO 5pm!

Andy.1875
10-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Going to be a busy day in Edinburgh if this game goes ahead on Saturday 13th March.

Hope it goes ahead on the Saturday, even a 12:30 kick off would be better than the Sunday.

Big Frank
10-02-2010, 03:24 PM
Our pink neighbours are taking this very, very badly:greengrin

They are green with envy.

If any are looking in, GIRFUY:agree:

1two
10-02-2010, 03:30 PM

Whos hearts got?

Spike Mandela
10-02-2010, 03:31 PM
If the Ross County manager wanted to inspire his team he could do worse than let them read this thread.

Ross Co took a staggering 9 goals off higher league opposition than we have played in the cup so far.

Good to have a home draw but there is still a job to be done:panic:

Twa Cairpets
10-02-2010, 03:34 PM
Theyre huuuuurrrtttinngggggggg

Seriously, the pre-justification of any eventuality is incredibly funny. Repeated in full for your edification....

Some Yam Fud

The botched medical experiments over at gypsies, tramps and thieves.net are getting predictably excited by this draw.

Don't get me wrong - i'll be slightly annoyed if they do win it, as their winless streak is a source of much merriment to me.

However, if and when they do eventually win the cup, and the law of averages suggests they will do soon, I will take comfort in the fact that we would need to play consecutive derbies every saturday for about a decade until they came close to our head to head record.

I will take comfort in the fact that our league postion is almost always higher than theirs, and that throughout history Hibs finishing above Hearts is very rare indeed.

I will take comfort in the fact that in terms of support base, trophies won, average attendances, in fact almost any variable you care to name, it is quite clear who owns this city in footballing terms.

I only hope that if they do win it they do not embarrass themselves by failing to turn up at Hampden, the way they did on their last SC trip there. I also hope they manage more of a parade than the pishy wee gathering of freaks that greeted them after their wee cup win.

So, all in all, fair play to the junkies - they have beaten everyone in front of them so far, and have a ****ing ridiculously easy draw again. I love the way that so many of them are convinced their name is on the cup - it means so much to them, this trophy, no matter what any of them say, and I detect the beginnings of them setting themselves up for a mighty fall.

Ultimately, If they cannot win it this year after these incredible cup draws, then you would have to say it may never, ever happen for the aids-ridden weirdos.

That said - if they do win it, who gives a ****. We have done it twice in recent years, they will remain what they have always been - second class citizens in their own city, and despite enjoying one of their freakish and irregular jaunts above us in the table, they will remain the wee team - a club of jakey losers run for jakey losers and supported by jakey losers.

monktonharp
10-02-2010, 03:37 PM
and so must Hibernian and their fans.Dont think County have been at this stage before(:dunno:)but I certainly know that we have,and blown it against clubs of their stature. we all expect Yogi to do his very best and fire up the team,but let's hope and encourage all fans to get aff their erse,get along and sell it oot,to give maximum backing to the boys on this very important occasion.no excuse for not getting the place full and bouncing ,flags colours etc ,a must,kid on yer at a final....you miserable buggers that canny be bothered wearing a scarf/singing/screaming.:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Billy Whizz
10-02-2010, 03:38 PM

Seriously, the pre-justification of any eventuality is incredibly funny. Repeated in full for your edification....

Some Yam Fud
:faf:

Potty78
10-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Its the tie we all wanted but i have a feeling we will have to beat both the ugly sisters to win the cup,hard but we can do it!:thumbsup:

monktonharp
10-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Its the tie we all wanted but i have a feeling we will have to beat both the ugly sisters to win the cup,hard but we can do it!:thumbsup:it's a given,that at least one of them are 95%sure to be in the final,but I hope we as fans do our best,to help the team along to the next draw for the semis. If we got there,and drew any of the OF,WE ARE AT hAMPDEN.

The_Todd
10-02-2010, 03:50 PM

Some Yam Fud

Oozing jealousy like a cringing flange.

jacomo
10-02-2010, 03:56 PM

:bitchy:

Stupid comment. Remember Dunfermline, anyone?

Cropley10
10-02-2010, 04:08 PM

Some Yam Fud

Consecutive derbies...every Saturday...for a decade. WTF?

And - this idea that it's very rare for us to finish above them.

Hilarious.

jakedance
10-02-2010, 04:13 PM
:bitchy:

Stupid comment. Remember Dunfermline, anyone?

I remember more of them than just Dunfermline mate, remember Ayr or every other pish team that's put us out over the years? It's undoubtedly a fact, however, that we've drawn the poorest team in the competition, at home, in every round. This is also as good a team and manager as we've had in my time following Hibs so, aye, it's practically a bye to the semi's.

Seeing as Rangers, Celtic, Dundee United and Aberdeen are still in the competition it would be crazy to think our name is on the cup but we should expect to see off Ross County at home. Nae bother.

Hibercelona
10-02-2010, 04:27 PM
As good as this draw is...

We need to keep our feet firmly on the ground.

Ross County won their last tie 9-0.

They are dangerous! and shouldn't be taken lightly.

Littlest Hobo
10-02-2010, 04:39 PM
Just been scanning through some of their posts over on kickback. What really strikes me about that lot is how deluded they are. Why can't they see the big ****in deep hole their in? ie: ROMANOV? And nothing will change that unless they take their heids oot their arse. Not us losing in the Scottish cup final, not even if Hibs lose every game from now until the end of the season. The fact is, right at this moment in time we play the better football. We're were we are in the league on merit. We are still in with a great chance in the cup. What do they have??? SILENCE IS GOLDEN...............:wink:

--------
10-02-2010, 04:40 PM
I remember more of them than just Dunfermline mate, remember Ayr or every other pish team that's put us out over the years? It's undoubtedly a fact, however, that we've drawn the poorest team in the competition, at home, in every round. This is also as good a team and manager as we've had in my time following Hibs so, aye, it's practically a bye to the semi's.

Seeing as Rangers, Celtic, Dundee United and Aberdeen are still in the competition it would be crazy to think our name is on the cup but we should expect to see off Ross County at home. Nae bother.

These are the sorts of comment that, if positions were reversed, we would resent mightily - and with every justification.

I don't see playing a good-quality Div One team a bye into the semi's, and if their folks get the idea that we reckon we'll go through 'nae bother', it'll only be an incentive to them to cause an upset.

This is a good draw, but we'll need to be at our best to go through, and we'd none of us better forget it.

cockneymike
10-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Interesting stat here that I wasn't aware of:
http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/David-Weir-keeps-focus-on.6037017.jp

Rangers have been to every domestic cup final (5 from 5) since Smith and Weir returned in Jan 07, and only lost one, to Celtic. That is some record.

So for anyone that thinks just because we've drawn the team that's currently 2nd top of div 1 (but only 6 points behind with 3 games in hand), that this year is a gimme, take a second look!

JDT
10-02-2010, 05:23 PM
County are my 2nd team and are no mugs. It'll be a tougher game than most on here think. They're not 2nd (possibly 1st if they win they're games in hand) by chance or fluke. They've shown to be a very good 1st division team who will be a tough nut to crack. Saying that i think it'll come down to strikers in this game, and if thats the case theres only gonna be one winner.

Keith_M
10-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Eh, excuse me if I wrong, but didn't Ross County win 9 - 0 in the last round?

Drawing them is hardly a bye to the Semi Finals. I think Hibs will have to be on top of their game to win this, at home or not.

ancienthibby
10-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Eh, excuse me if I wrong, but didn't Ross County win 9 - 0 in the last round?

Drawing them is hardly a bye to the Semi Finals. I think Hibs will have to be on top of their game to win this, at home or not.

So, on that basis, Hibs best first team players are to be equated with Stirling Albion???
:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

KWJ
10-02-2010, 05:53 PM
So, on that basis, Hibs best first team players are to be equated with Stirling Albion???

to be fair our last 3 matches against Stirling albion are win, lose, draw.

:wink:

KWJ
10-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Preston annoyingly tipping us to win it. Been saying it for a round or 2.

SHUT IT!

heartbreaker
10-02-2010, 09:16 PM
The Cup isn't what it was but once a club reaches the last eight minds tend to focus on the competition.

We have a great draw. Ideal situation is we win out game which we should to be honest and then we get a bit of proper cup fever around town and frankly I don't care about meeting the OF in the semis. We are just as good as they are.

--------
10-02-2010, 09:25 PM

That's not what we're saying, ancient.

Or at least not what I'm saying.

I'm saying that the team lying second in the First Division with enough games in hand to overtake the present leaders with points to spare shouldn't be taken lightly. I suspect that they're a better team than one or two of the SPL teams left in the competition, and while I don't expect them to come to ER and win 9-0, they only have to get the draw to take us back to Dingwall for a very nasty replay.

They only have to sneak home 1-0 t put us out.

This will NOT be a walkover by any means. County are a well-run club with a very professional set-up, and a more than decent team.

Like the man said: a haughty spirit goes before a fall, and pride before destruction....

JPrinty
11-02-2010, 12:02 AM
[QUOTE=TwoCarpets;2347435]Theyre huuuuurrrtttinngggggggg

[Some Yam Fud
Quote:
The botched medical experiments over at gypsies, tramps and thieves.net are getting predictably excited by this draw.

Don't get me wrong - i'll be slightly annoyed if they do win it, as their winless streak is a source of much merriment to me.

However, if and when they do eventually win the cup, and the law of averages suggests they will do soon, I will take comfort in the fact that we would need to play consecutive derbies every saturday for about a decade until they came close to our head to head record.

I will take comfort in the fact that our league postion is almost always higher than theirs, and that throughout history Hibs finishing above Hearts is very rare indeed.

I will take comfort in the fact that in terms of support base, trophies won, average attendances, in fact almost any variable you care to name, it is quite clear who owns this city in footballing terms.

I only hope that if they do win it they do not embarrass themselves by failing to turn up at Hampden, the way they did on their last SC trip there. I also hope they manage more of a parade than the pishy wee gathering of freaks that greeted them after their wee cup win.

So, all in all, fair play to the junkies - they have beaten everyone in front of them so far, and have a ****ing ridiculously easy draw again. I love the way that so many of them are convinced their name is on the cup - it means so much to them, this trophy, no matter what any of them say, and I detect the beginnings of them setting themselves up for a mighty fall.

Ultimately, If they cannot win it this year after these incredible cup draws, then you would have to say it may never, ever happen for the aids-ridden weirdos.

That said - if they do win it, who gives a ****. We have done it twice in recent years, they will remain what they have always been - second class citizens in their own city, and despite enjoying one of their freakish and irregular jaunts above us in the table, they will remain the wee team - a club of jakey losers run for jakey losers and supported by jakey losers.]

Thought I'd share this post that I made from a few months ago:

'Vastly superior sporting organisation'?
Sorry to be an anorak, however, Fatty's comments got me thinking about how much of a 'Big' Team Hearts really are, so I decided to compare this 'Big' Team against a 'Wee' Team like Hibs.

Hibs Honours
Scottish League Winners (4) 1902/03, 1947/48, 1950/51, 1951/52
First Division winners (2) 1980/81, 1998/99
Division Two winners (3) 1893/94, 1894/95, 1932/33
Division One runners-up (6) 1896/97, 1946/47, 1949/50, 1952/53,
1973/74,1974/75
Scottish Cup winners (2) 1887, 1902
Scottish Cup Finalists (9) 1896, 1914, 1923, 1924, 1947, 1958, 1972,
1979, 2001
Scottish League Cup winners (3) 1972/73, 1991/92, 2006/07
Scottish League Cup Finalists (6) 1950/51, 1968/69, 1974/75, 1985/86,
1993/94, 2003/04
Drybrough Cup winners (2) 1972/73, 1973/74
Summer Cup winners (2) 1941, 1964
Championship of the World winners: 1887
Coronation Cup Finalist: 1953

Hearts Honours
Scottish League Champions: (4) 1894-95, 1896-97, 1957-58, 1959-60
First Division: (1) 1979-80
First Division Runners-up (13)
Scottish Cup: (7) 1891, 1896, 1901, 1906, 1956, 1998, 2006
Scottish Cup Finalists (6)
Scottish League Cup (4) 1954-55, 1958-59, 1959-60, 1962-63
Scottish League Cup Finalists (2)
Victory Cup Finalists: 1918-19
Texaco Cup Finalists: 1970-71

In summary, the 'Wee' Team have actually won 18 trophies (19 if you include being world champions) and the 'Big' Team have won a massive 16 trophies. Hibs won 4 league championships in the 1900's, Hearts only won 2. We have actually been in more finals (20 to 19), unfortunately, we do not have as good a success rate. We won the Scottish Cup first. We might not have won the Scottish Cup since 1902, but Hearts have only won it 4 times since then and only 3 times in the last 100 years. Now that doesn't seem like too good a record for a 'Big' Team does it?

I also thought I would check out how many times we've actually finished above this 'vastly superior sporting organisation'. Hibs have managed to finish above Hearts 43 times and Hearts have finished above Hibs 64 times. Now that's a bit of a gap, but on average every 5 years Hearts finish above Hibs 3 times and Hibs above Hearts 2 times. Not so bad!! Also Hearts have finished above Hibs 19 times out of the last 25 years, so take away most of the 80's and 90's and you'll find it's quite even.

If you add in our 2 European Semi-Finals and overall better European record along with our innovative firsts then how much Bigger are Hearts?

Littlest Hobo
11-02-2010, 12:14 AM
What the hell is the Texaco cup??:dunno:

JPrinty
11-02-2010, 12:18 AM
What the hell is the Texaco cup??:dunno:

It was a competition run in the 70's between clubs from England and Scotland not involved in Europe. Guess that's why Hearts were in it!:faf:

cabbageandribs1875
11-02-2010, 12:31 AM
[QUOTE=JPrinty;2348498]

That said - if they do win it, who gives a ****. We have done it twice in recent years.

i would say that shower of freaks care more about us NOT winning the SC....as we are about winning it :agree: it's the only last remaining thing they have some kinda bragging rights about over us, i mean they have won the SC ermmm 3 times in over 100 years ?? now THAT is big :rolleyes: i'm convinced if every yamboid was given the choice of hertz playing in europe every season, or us not winning the SC...they would choose the latter every single time :blah:

Diclonius
11-02-2010, 01:02 AM
i would say that shower of freaks care more about us NOT winning the SC....as we are about winning it :agree: it's the only last remaining thing they have some kinda bragging rights about over us, i mean they have won the SC ermmm 3 times in over 100 years ?? now THAT is big :rolleyes: i'm convinced if every yamboid was given the choice of hertz playing in europe every season, or us not winning the SC...they would choose the latter every single time :blah:

They're obsessed. It makes up half their songbook, they include it in every single argument against us as some sort of bizarre trump card, they talk about it nonstop.

The only other thing they'll have to hold onto if we win it is the delusion that they're somehow predominantly middle class and we're working class. Aside from that being totally bigoted and discriminatory, it's not true. They just use it to downsize us and make the death threats and vicious personal attacks more excusable. Reminds me of some political system back in the 30s - just can't put my finger on it.

**** the Hearts.

sunshine1875
24-03-2010, 05:22 PM
hibs v ross county:greengrin:greengrin

Apologies for digging out this thread again - we are not so happy now?

Funny some of the comments on this thread:cool2:

hibbymac
24-03-2010, 05:27 PM

Then why do it ? :bitchy:

shamo9
24-03-2010, 06:41 PM

It's not funny, clever or original to necro-post.

marinello59
24-03-2010, 06:46 PM

Really, what is the point of doing it then?

hibsbollah
24-03-2010, 07:00 PM

Especially as a lot of the contributors to the thread didnt even understand the question:faf:

sunshine1875
24-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Then why do it ? :bitchy:

It's not funny, clever or original to necro-post.

Lighten up, guys. Can we not have fun at some of the **** we (me included) have posted in the past?