PDA

View Full Version : Nish: stick from fans; Sheep inquiry rejected (merged)

leither17
07-02-2010, 03:31 AM
Was at my first game today since the first game of the season,and was disgusted with some of the fans in the easts treatment of Nish to ironically cheer and applaud a player who had scored 2 goals for us off the pitch i think is inexcusaible(sp).

Why does he get such a hard time from some fans?

The_Horde
07-02-2010, 03:32 AM
Was at my first game today since the first game of the season,and was disgusted with some of the fans in the easts treatment of Nish to ironically cheer and applaud a player who had scored 2 goals for us off the pitch i think is inexcusaible(sp).

Because he doesn't do the fancy stuff.

bighairyfaeleith
07-02-2010, 05:38 AM

I'm Nish's biggest critic, but to be fair he has been working hard on his game. Still don't think he is good enough but I do applaud him for trying and would love to be proved wrong in the long term with nish.

James Connolly
07-02-2010, 06:08 AM
His attempt to cushion the ball on the halfway line in the 2nd half, says it all for me; hitting his chin and knee at the same time!:confused:

The big man's maybe a trier; but he can't run, he can't jump, and misses too many sitters...all IMO of course.

hibbiedon
07-02-2010, 06:49 AM
His attempt to cushion the ball on the halfway line in the 2nd half, says it all for me; hitting his chin and knee at the same time!:confused:

The big man's maybe a trier; but he can't run, he can't jump, and misses too many sitters...all IMO of course.

Im pretty happy with the way the ball hit the back of the net, but im biased, i think supporters should support,

James Connolly
07-02-2010, 06:59 AM
Im pretty happy with the way the ball hit the back of the net, but im biased, i think supporters should support,

Scoring twice against the worst team in scottish league fitba, doesn't change my opinion of Nish.

Never mentioned anything about not supporting; I do tend to quietly shake my head in disbelief sometimes though...will have to cut that out, I know!

hibbiedon
07-02-2010, 07:28 AM
Pretty certain he has scored against other teams and if you read the opening post you will understand that some people do more than shake their heads, so carry on shaking

BoltonHibee
07-02-2010, 07:29 AM

Because he is absolutely useless!

hibs0666
07-02-2010, 08:14 AM

It's the Hibs way.

matty_f
07-02-2010, 08:17 AM
Agree with the opening poster. Some folk can't seem to wait for Nish to get something wrong so that they can give him pelters.

Riordan scuffed a cross in the second half, folk went "unlucky Deek", Nish blasted over the bar a few moments later and folk went berserk. :bitchy:

I thought some of the comments were disgusting, and I feel for Nish. Imagine having the opportunity to play for the team you love only to have 'fans' give you absolute pelters at every single opportunity they get.

down-the-slope
07-02-2010, 08:24 AM
Against the 'worst team' in Scotland Riorden managed to get round his man ONCE....but thats OK as hes Hibs Class....:rolleyes:

Rankin drove past same player and got a great cross in...and Nish scores

But thats not important as neither ARE Hibs class

:dizzy:

Phil MaGlass
07-02-2010, 08:58 AM
He scores twice,Stokes doesnae and Nish still gets pelters,folk need tae waken up,he is a good player and he is worth a place in the team, wether folk think so or not,if it was not for Nish there would be alot less goals scored this season,he works well and damn hard in this team.What is it with so called Hibs fans that they have to consistanjtly bring players down,Hibs class!Hibs class!! I keep on hearing, what f,n Hibs class? Weve been fed years and years of mediocrity and outwith a wee spell with Mowbary and Eck we demand Hibs class,get real folks.Also folk mentioning the fact that it is the worst team in Scotland Nish scored two against,OK who else scored two against them yesterday oh?eh?no one.

Big Frank
07-02-2010, 09:06 AM
Agree with the opening poster. Some folk can't seem to wait for Nish to get something wrong so that they can give him pelters.

Riordan scuffed a cross in the second half, folk went "unlucky Deek", Nish blasted over the bar a few moments later and folk went berserk. :bitchy:

I thought some of the comments were disgusting, and I feel for Nish. Imagine having the opportunity to play for the team you love only to have 'fans' give you absolute pelters at every single opportunity they get.

Come on matty!

You cannae seriously use deek in your arguement!!

Nish is pretty poor. Surely not up for debate.

Nice 30 yarder from riordan, nice miss from nish from 4 yards........

hes a tryer, nothing more, and will be moved out of er this summer.

allezsauzee
07-02-2010, 09:07 AM
I think part of the problem that Nish is tall and football fans expect big strikers to be a bit more of a handful but he's not that type of player. He puts in a lot of work and never hides like Riordan. I'm a big Riordan fan but he could do with following the big man's attitude to team work.

Big Frank
07-02-2010, 09:08 AM
I think part of the problem that Nish is tall and football fans expect big strikers to be a bit more of a handful but he's not that type of player. He puts in a lot of work and never hides like Riordan. I'm a big Riordan fan but he could do with following the big man's attitude to team work.

guff

allezsauzee
07-02-2010, 09:10 AM
thanks for the eloquent riposte big frank

Kevvy1875
07-02-2010, 09:16 AM
Pretty ironic really.

We all mock the Yams for their booing of Mikey Stewart who is arguably their most commited player and a Jambo to boot.

We are just as bad re. Nish. And Rankin et al for that matter.

Nish frustrate's me at time because he misses too many chance's and I never fancied him at Hibs in the first place tbh. However......he puts in 100% and I reckon he is actually improving his game. He deserve's our support, not to be booed by people.

I would ask all the 'experts' to show me a better rounded striker out there that would do a better job for the same or less money that Nish is currently on?

As it is, I reckon Nish is the sort of lad that has a thick enough skin to let the undeserved abuse slide off his shoulders.....more the credit to him.

Well done on your 2 goals yesterday and the fine performance's you have put in this season.:thumbsup:

Big Frank
07-02-2010, 09:23 AM
thanks for the eloquent riposte big frank
Ah says what ah sees:devil:

Golden Bear
07-02-2010, 09:23 AM
It's the Hibs way.

:agree:

Sadly this is the case.

If it's not Nish, then it will be Rankin and failing that Hogg will become the convenient target.

It seems as though Hibs have a fair number of supporters who are not happy unless they're moaning.

allezsauzee
07-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Pretty ironic really.

We all mock the Yams for their booing of Mikey Stewart who is arguably their most commited player and a Jambo to boot.

We are just as bad re. Nish. And Rankin et al for that matter.

Nish frustrate's me at time because he misses too many chance's and I never fancied him at Hibs in the first place tbh. However......he puts in 100% and I reckon he is actually improving his game. He deserve's our support, not to be booed by people.

I would ask all the 'experts' to show me a better rounded striker out there that would do a better job for the same or less money that Nish is currently on?

As it is, I reckon Nish is the sort of lad that has a thick enough skin to let the undeserved abuse slide off his shoulders.....more the credit to him.

Well done on your 2 goals yesterday and the fine performance's you have put in this season.:thumbsup:

well said! i think rankin is a case in point. i admit that i wasn't a fan of him last season but also thought that mixu's 'style of play' didn't suit him. he is a much improved player this season now that he not having to watch a long ball sail above him time after time and i thought he was our best player yesterday. there are always going to be players that certain 'supporters' don't really like but i can't understand 'supporters' that barrack players that are trying their best

Bostonhibby
07-02-2010, 09:25 AM
Fed up saying this in Colin's defence, he is a guy who wants to play for us, might be a bit unorthodox or less flamboyant than some who may not put as much in, he cost us @£100k and will always contribute his share of goals and assists in particular, there can't be many scottish defences he hasn't scored against in his career. Do wish he could work out how to stay onside though!

allezsauzee
07-02-2010, 09:25 AM
Ah says what ah sees:devil:

explain why its guff then

bigstu
07-02-2010, 09:27 AM
i'm critical of Nish & don't think he's particularly good but i still support him. I feel for him because of the level of abuse he takes, i can't see how he can ever build his confidence as people are so quick to have a go at him during games, every touch he makes he gets dogs abuse. He's a very frustrating guy but i think we could do with laying off him for a while

:notworthy:

Bostonhibby
07-02-2010, 09:30 AM
Come on matty!

Different players, a team is probably the better for both styles, the players might be better placed to say if they benefit from having each other on the pitch, I don't think we could accomodate 2 of exactly the same style and approach though.

Expecting Rain
07-02-2010, 09:32 AM
You can`t condone the booing of Nish but i think a lot of fans get frustrated with him, you never know what you are going to get and at times i don`t think he knows either, i think like Benji, Hogg and Rankin he is a squad player, yesterday most of these guys were playing at their level.

allezsauzee
07-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Different players, a team is probably the better for both styles, the players might be better placed to say if they benefit from having each other on the pitch, I don't think we could accomodate 2 of exactly the same style and approach though.

Correct! one thing that a lot of supporters won't think of is when we're defending set pieces. given that we have a lot of players who aren't exactly big , having Nish to pull back is something that he has to contribute that Riordan, Stokes and Zemmama don't.

I'm actually quite happy with the team that Yogi put out yesterday. I think they all have something different to contribute.

Kevvy1875
07-02-2010, 09:44 AM
i'm critical of Nish & don't think he's particularly good but i still support him. I feel for him because of the level of abuse he takes, i can't see how he can ever build his confidence as people are so quick to have a go at him during games, every touch he makes he gets dogs abuse. He's a very frustrating guy but i think we could do with laying off him for a while

Too true. However, some of the bed wetters that have been taking stick off the missus all week want to vent their frustrations:dummytit: I get sick of hearing it. I would love to see how good some of these people were at their jobs with folk screaming abuse at them all the while....the same people who infact were supposed to be offering support to them.

Every team will have a worst player, its a fact, unavoidable. That player is still a member of the TEAM though, lets not forget that. And if it wasn't him then someone else would have to be the worst......think about it. Why boo them? The point is? Is it going to make them better for your team?....NO. Is it going to improve the atmosphere of the support around you?....NO.

So its a pointless and selfish excercise.:grr:

weecounty hibby
07-02-2010, 10:07 AM
You can`t condone the booing of Nish but i think a lot of fans get frustrated with him, you never know what you are going to get and at times i don`t think he knows either, i think like Benji, Hogg and Rankin he is a squad player, yesterday most of these guys were playing at their level.
That must be the biggest load of nonsense I have read on here. So you think that Hogg, Benji, Rankin and Nish are third division players. Bollox, they are SPL players and above average ones at that. Benji has turned into a lazy twat but his ability can't be questioned.As for Hogg, Nish and Rankin, I'm glad they are part of our squad and can't believe some of the abuse they take.

Baldy Foghorn
07-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Come on matty!

Did you not see Nish score two yesterday then?????:confused:

Barney McGrew
07-02-2010, 10:35 AM
Nishy has scored an average of one goal every three starts for us since he joined, and had similar (if not better) stats at Killie.

That's a better goals/game ratio than virtually every other striker in the league outside of Boyd, Miller, Stokes and Riordan.

Expecting Rain
07-02-2010, 10:50 AM
That must be the biggest load of nonsense I have read on here. So you think that Hogg, Benji, Rankin and Nish are third division players. Bollox, they are SPL players and above average ones at that. Benji has turned into a lazy twat but his ability can't be questioned.As for Hogg, Nish and Rankin, I'm glad they are part of our squad and can't believe some of the abuse they take.

I apologise for the nonsense, i was a bit harsh [ its that sunday morning feeling) they`re good enough to be squad players nothing more.:wink:

Big Frank
07-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Did you not see Nish score two yesterday then?????:confused:

Yes why?

Baader
07-02-2010, 11:13 AM
He's a Hibs man and he's playing for the club he loves. And he also bags a few goals. Why is there always someone who's the fall guy at ER - we are flying right now FFS!!!

Nish would walk into any other SPL team outwith the Old Firm IMO...

Franck is God
07-02-2010, 11:22 AM
Nish plays to the best of his ability every week and never gives up and we are a poorer side in his absence. He has a fantastic work ethic and attitude and has more assists than any other player this season.

Are there better strikers at the club? Yes but they do not do as an effective job which is why Yogi picks him every week. He gives Stokes and Deek the opportunity to score goals, when he's not on the pitch they look lost (look at the last 20 minutes of the Hamilton match for a example of that)

It is no surprise to me that the good run of results started when Zemmama got injured and McBride and Nish came back into the starting line up, they both do the 'unseen' work that all the other 'better' players apreciate and provide a balance to the team.

silverhibee
07-02-2010, 11:33 AM
It's the Hibs way.

Sadly. :agree:

RIP
07-02-2010, 11:44 AM
It's the Hibs way.

Nonsense

It's the way of a few tossers - doesn't reflect the vast majority!

West Upper
07-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Nish always tries his hardest unlike Deek but no one ever shout at Deek when he misses so why boo Nish he scores a few and works hard thats all we can ask for.

Big Frank
07-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Nish always tries his hardest unlike Deek but no one ever shout at Deek when he misses so why boo Nish he scores a few and works hard thats all we can ask for.

1) This is a lie. You made it up. Just now, when you typed it.

2) Whats Derek Riordan got to do with Colin Nish?

silverhibee
07-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Nish plays to the best of his ability every week and never gives up and we are a poorer side in his absence. He has a fantastic work ethic and attitude and has more assists than any other player this season.
Are there better strikers at the club? Yes but they do not do as an effective job which is why Yogi picks him every week. He gives Stokes and Deek the opportunity to score goals, when he's not on the pitch they look lost (look at the last 20 minutes of the Hamilton match for a example of that)

It is no surprise to me that the good run of results started when Zemmama got injured and McBride and Nish came back into the starting line up, they both do the 'unseen' work that all the other 'better' players apreciate and provide a balance to the team.

How many does Nish have.

TheMentalHibees
07-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Some of the vitriol aimed at him yesterday was unbelievable. You would never think he'd scored 2 goals. Forgive me, but isn't that a good days work from a striker?

Littlest Hobo
07-02-2010, 12:11 PM
I think we all have our opinions of players whether their good enough or not? But when we're at the game we should all put these feelings aside surely and get on with supporting the team. This is the place to vent our anger about players we think should or shouldn't be picked or who we think might not be "HIBS CLASS" whatever that means? We do ourselves as a club no favours by barracking the players on the pitch.:rolleyes: After all we are there to support are we not?

Big Frank
07-02-2010, 12:12 PM
How many does Nish have.

Franck is God is getting a bit confused today. Riordan has the most assists at ER this season.

But lets not get fact in the way of the weekly riordan bashing hibs.net thread:hnet:

BEEJ
07-02-2010, 12:13 PM
According to the official site, Deeks has the most assists this season, with Nish and Rankin equal second.

That could just be SPL fixtures, though.

Hibby D
07-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Every team will have a worst player, its a fact, unavoidable. That player is still a member of the TEAM though, lets not forget that. And if it wasn't him then someone else would have to be the worst......think about it. Why boo them? The point is? Is it going to make them better for your team?....NO. Is it going to improve the atmosphere of the support around you?....NO.

Spot on :top marks

I yearn for the time when as one, this support of ours gets behind the whole team instead of looking for someone, anyone , to berate.

Well done on getting two goals yesterday Nishy and hard luck on missing the sitter.

West Upper
1) This is a lie. You made it up. Just now, when you typed it.

2) Whats Derek Riordan got to do with Colin Nish?

Im saying lay off Nish he actually tries his hardest all the time. Deek dosen't.

DirtyDeeds
I have to admit I am not a fan at all of the big man. I wont even discuss his inability to use his notable height and size, its embarrassing and we've grown to accept it.

Last week, outside the box i felt he had an excellent game, link up was neat and tidy, got the wide players and Miller into the game a lot. But inside the box, its shameful how poor he is. The guys a striker, a centre forward, number 9. If he was even a good SPL player, we wouldnt have been waiting until injury time to win the game last week. 3 headers he had inside the penalty area, failed to hit the target once. And he misses the target with simple chances on a weekly basis. Even anything, i think he gets an easier ride with these missed chances as we know he's essentially humpty. If Stokes missed the same number of simple chances, failing to even make the keepr work, then he'd get slaughtered. With Nish, its just a stadium-wide groan but again acceptance.

And dont even start to hit me with the 'he puts a shift in' argument, I and 10,000 other Hibbies could go and run around like a blue @rsed (blue@rsed) fly, doesnt mean we're any use. Hopefully we can develop to a stage where a guy like Nish is no longer good enough for out team. He's bagged a few goals, but i reckon had someone else played the games he has in that role, theyd have far far more.

All my opinion of course.

Big Frank
07-02-2010, 12:27 PM
Im saying lay off Nish he actually tries his hardest all the time. Deek dosen't.

I agree that berating players is not on.

I will also take a double from any of our strikers any time they give us one.

However, to suggest that "nish tries his hardest all the time" and "deek doesn't", is utter nonsense.

FWIW I'd always keep nish in the squad at ER.

Mikey
07-02-2010, 12:30 PM

If we were that keen to get rid of him Yogi would have accepted Aberdeen's approach for him last week.

West Upper
07-02-2010, 12:34 PM

However, to suggest that "nish tries his hardest all the time" and "deek doesn't", is utter nonsense.

I think in the later stages of games should track back more to help out the full back.

Franck is God
07-02-2010, 12:35 PM
According to Soccernet.

Nish has 15 starts, 5 goals and 4 assists

Riordan has 25 starts, 12 goals and 4 assists.

I would also say that all of Nish's assists would have been from open play, Riordan and Rankin do take the majority of Hibs set pieces, not trying to devalue their contribution just put it into perspective.

Scouse Hibee
07-02-2010, 12:36 PM

It's not utter nonsense it's all down to perception, I see Nish trying hard and admittedly it doesnae always come off for him, then I see times where Deek gives up on a pass or doesn't give that extra effort when you expect it. I have heard more "Deek doesnae look interested today or that Lazy bassa Deek" at ER than I have ever heard Nish being blamed for lack of effort.

Scouse Hibee
07-02-2010, 12:38 PM
I think in the later stages of games should track back more to help out the full back.

Scouse Hibee
07-02-2010, 12:39 PM
If we were that keen to get rid of him Yogi would have accepted Aberdeen's approach for him last week.

:agree: Yogi knows the score.

silverhibee
07-02-2010, 01:04 PM
According to Soccernet.

Nish has 15 starts, 5 goals and 4 assists

Riordan has 25 starts, 12 goals and 4 assists.

I would also say that all of Nish's assists would have been from open play, Riordan and Rankin do take the majority of Hibs set pieces, not trying to devalue their contribution just put it into perspective.

Think Deek is more on 8 assists for the season.

Franck is God
07-02-2010, 01:13 PM

I was only quoting the website and it included the goal he scored yesterday so it must be up to date.

one thing those stats do tell me is that we need to work on our set pieces, if Riordan and Rankin only have 4 & 3 assists each it suggests we haven't scored that many from indirect free kicks or corners.

hibs0666
07-02-2010, 01:16 PM

4 according to the SPL website.

--------
07-02-2010, 01:17 PM

Some of the vitriol aimed at him yesterday was unbelievable. You would never think he'd scored 2 goals. Forgive me, but isn't that a good days work from a striker?

That was my thought - especially when I got back to the house and checked out the match-updates thread. One or two guys there who obviously weren't at the game laying into him for the 4-yard miss while blissfully ignoring the fat that his two first-half goals had more or less guaranteed us a place in the quarters.

He's not the greatest striker ever to play for Hibs, and at times I seriously wonder if his left foot knows where his right foot's going. But he gives 100% every game, never stops trying, makes a downright pest of himslef to the opposition defenders, and pitches in with a goal every 3 or 4 games, as well as making space for others to score, and laying on assists.

He's honest, whole-hearted, and a Hibee in all senses of the word. Those who barrack and abuse him should lay off.

And DON'T all just start on someone else, either. :rolleyes:

Spot on :top marks

I yearn for the time when as one, this support of ours gets behind the whole team instead of looking for someone, anyone, to berate.

Well done on getting two goals yesterday Nishy and hard luck on missing the sitter.

Pigs will fly and Nade will win the UEFA Golden Boot before that happens, D.

As you say - well done big Colin for scoring early, scoring twice, and putting us well on the way to the quarters. Gaun yersel, Big Man. :thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
07-02-2010, 02:38 PM
Yes why?

Because you mention his miss rather than his two goals........ Pathetic..........

Big Frank
07-02-2010, 02:44 PM

Timing is not right.

Big Frank
07-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Because you mention his miss rather than his two goals........ Pathetic..........

Calm yersell delabooze. Good tattoo or no, dinnae get in a state because Nish isnae the messiah in my eyes.:rolleyes:

Do try not to take ONE point in isolation. It makes you look........... stoopid...........

Big Frank
07-02-2010, 02:54 PM
It's not utter nonsense it's all down to perception, I see Nish trying hard and admittedly it doesnae always come off for him, then I see times where Deek gives up on a pass or doesn't give that extra effort when you expect it. I have heard more "Deek doesnae look interested today or that Lazy bassa Deek" at ER than I have ever heard Nish being blamed for lack of effort.

Ok.:rolleyes:
Nish ALWAYS tries his hardest. ALWAYS. NEVER anything bar 100%.
Deeks NEVER tries his hardest. NEVER. ALWAYS gives less than 100%.

Thats what the other lad is basically stating Scouse.

Thats why IMO its nonsense.

Then you start rabbiting on about Nish never being blamed for lack of effort. Those who berate him at the game are, most of the time questioning, for example how often, he's put on his arse (by smaller, lighter players), his control, his distribution etc etc his missing sitters.

I'd point out that he gets nae grief from me at the games Scouse, indeed I'd keep him at ER as hes a useful squad player. I'm just not having folks spouting pash about him being something he isnae.
Peace.

Baldy Foghorn
07-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Calm yersell delabooze. Good tattoo or no, dinnae get in a state because Nish isnae the messiah in my eyes.:rolleyes:

Do try not to take ONE point in isolation. It makes you look........... stoopid...........

Could not care who is or is not a messiah in your eyes.......Just think it is sad that no matter what Nish does, we still have people like you that berate him........

Big Frank
07-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Could not care who is or is not a messiah in your eyes.......Just think it is sad that no matter what Nish does, we still have tubes like you that berate him........

You're the tube tattooed one. Hava a wee read of the posts before spouting yer gash.

HibbyAndy
07-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Could not care who is or is not a messiah in your eyes.......Just think it is sad that no matter what Nish does, we still have tubes like you that berate him........

Or what about no matter what Riordan does its tubes like you that berate him?

Pot and kettle :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
You're the tube tattooed one. Hava a wee read of the posts before spouting yer gash.

Whatever.......

Big Frank

You would thunk thats all I've mentioned.

Baldy Foghorn
Or what about no matter what Riordan does its tubes like you that berate him?

Pot and kettle :rolleyes:

Oh here comes rent a gob.................:yawn:

Big Frank
07-02-2010, 03:00 PM

Pathetic,Tube, Rent a gob.......

anymore?

:dummytit:

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
07-02-2010, 03:01 PM
He gets it in the neck because he's hopeless, and he's had more chances at being hopeless than any player I can remember since Benny Brazil and Joe Tortolano.

Baldy Foghorn
Pathetic,Tube, Rent a gob.......

anymore?

:dummytit:

Yes if you like........

Baldy Foghorn
He gets it in the neck because he's hopeless, and he's had more chances at being hopeless than any player I can remember since Benny Brazil and Joe Tortolano.

:yawn::yawn::yawn:

HibbyAndy
07-02-2010, 03:02 PM

Excuse me?

Trying to to be civil here,You give Big Frank a hard time for berating Nish yet only a few weeks ago Riordan was every name under the sun for 'bottling' out a tackle at Tannadice?

Please refrain from the name calling, Im merely pointing out what you said making you a bit two faced?.

Big Frank
07-02-2010, 03:03 PM

Delabooze maybe making himself to be a bit silly, but I have to agree with him and disagree with the above.

Nish is way, way better than those two.

Baldy Foghorn
07-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Excuse me?

Trying to to be civil here,You give Big Frank a hard time for berating Nish yet only a few weeks ago Riordan was every name under the sun for 'bottling' out a tackle at Tannadice?

Please refrain from the name calling, Im merely pointing out what you said making you two a bit two faced?.

There is a difference, Nish scores two and still gets berated.... .Riordan bottles two tackles and some don't care a jot.... No matter how good or how bad a player is you don't bottle challenges IMO.....

And I don't think you were being civil, I think you were trying to pont score

Hibee_Rab
07-02-2010, 03:06 PM
Come on matty!

Nice two goals from nish, nice singel goal from Riordan. In fact I thought the whole team played quite nicely, admittedly against easy opponents. I think we should get behind our player as much as possible, paticuarly seeing as recently they have all being playing well as a team so supporting the whole team makes sense, and I bet all of the people who ironically cheered were really cheering when he scored both his goals.

HibbyAndy
There is a difference, Nish scores two and still gets berated.... .Riordan bottles two tackles and some don't care a jot.... No matter how good or how bad a player is you don't bottle challenges IMO.....

And I don't think you were being civil, I think you were trying to pont score

Ive never tried to pont score in my life.

Baldy Foghorn
Nice two goals from nish, nice singel goal from Riordan. In fact I thought the whole team played quite nicely, admittedly against easy opponents. I think we should get behind our player as much as possible, paticuarly seeing as recently they have all being playing well as a team so supporting the whole team makes sense, and I bet all of the people who ironically cheered were really cheering when he scored both his goals.

:top marks

Baldy Foghorn
07-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Ive never tried to pont score in my life.

Very good.....

iwasthere1972
07-02-2010, 03:08 PM

:agree: I like Nish. Will never be the most skillful of players but puts in a decent shift.

Nish or Nade?

Thought so.

sleeping giant
07-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Must admit that i love big Nishy:agree:

Doesnt surprise me that some Hibs fans dont though. Its the Hibs way !

HibbyAndy
07-02-2010, 03:10 PM
:agree: I like Nish. Will never be the most skillful of players but puts in a decent shift.

Nish or Nade?

Thought so.

Also what is Nish on a week compared to Eddie Murphy :cool2:

Scouse Hibee
07-02-2010, 03:11 PM
Ok.:rolleyes:
Nish ALWAYS tries his hardest. ALWAYS. NEVER anything bar 100%.
Deeks NEVER tries his hardest. NEVER. ALWAYS gives less than 100%.

Thats what the other lad is basically stating Scouse.

Thats why IMO its nonsense.

Then you start rabbiting on about Nish never being blamed for lack of effort. Those who berate him at the game are, most of the time questioning, for example how often, he's put on his arse (by smaller, lighter players), his control, his distribution etc etc his missing sitters.

I'd point out that he gets nae grief from me at the games Scouse, indeed I'd keep him at ER as hes a useful squad player. I'm just not having folks spouting pash about him being something he isnae.
Peace.

I never rabbit on :wink:, I was merely trying to make the point that Nish for all his obvious shortcomings is a trier. Deek who I am a huge admirer of doesn't always seem to put in the effort that you expect from a player of his ability. It's all about opinions of course and neither of them get grief from me at the games. The "other lad" you quote is Scouse Junior :wink:

07-02-2010, 03:11 PM
Delabooze maybe making himself to be a bit silly, but I have to agree with him and disagree with the above.

Nish is way, way better than those two.

Lacks pace, not stong enough on the ball, and a weak finisher. On the plus side - the occassional decent touch, and puts what he has about. But as he's little consistency, he's still hopeless. The average Nish ER display is a nightmare for the home fans, not the away defence. Sad but true, and I've watched most of them.

Baldy Foghorn
07-02-2010, 03:13 PM
Lacks pace, not stong enough on the ball, and a weak finisher. On the plus side - the occassional decent touch, and puts what he has about. But as he's little consistency, he's still hopeless. The average Nish ER display is a nightmare for the home fans, not the away defence. Sad but true, and I've watched most of them.

He has been consistently one of our best players this season....

He gets fouled 99% of time, but because he is bigger, he seems not to be given them from refs......

Can't believe people think he is hopeless, thankfully Yogi thinks he is an important team player

Ed De Gramo
07-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Nishy gets a raw deal here...

It's ability is not on the same scale as Deek or Stokes but he's does work extremely hard and some of the abuse aimed at him is pathetic.

iwasthere1972
07-02-2010, 03:17 PM

Also what is Nish on a week compared to Eddie Murphy :cool2:

Not sure about weekly...but daily

Nish's lunch = http://www.chubbyandsluggish.com/images/lettuce.jpg

Nade's lunch = http://dailyfacepalm.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Waldgeist012.jpg

07-02-2010, 03:29 PM

It's ability is not on the same scale as Deek or Stokes but he's does work extremely hard and some of the abuse aimed at him is pathetic.

Okay, he works hard, but watching him is harder still. Maybe he'll start performing when his deal is about to expire? :confused:

Ed De Gramo
07-02-2010, 03:32 PM
Okay, he works hard, but watching him is harder still. Maybe he'll start perfroming when his deal is about to expire? :confused:

He done whats required of him yesterday, he led the line well against Hamilton, he played his part in beating Celtc...

Yogi deems him an important first team player, either get used to it or stay at home...no?

sairheid
07-02-2010, 03:34 PM
Seems only like yesterday that Ian Murray was getting unbelievable abuse on a weekly basis from his own fans ...

Nish adds a lot to the team (not least his height in defensive situations), works effectively and unselfishly in deep positions to make space for others and, by Premier League standards, is a very decent finisher. Once we find soemone with all those attributes who also has the first touch of Dalglish and the heading ability of Jordan then we might be right to say he's not good enough.

Tyler Durden
07-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Against the 'worst team' in Scotland Riorden managed to get round his man ONCE....but thats OK as hes Hibs Class....:rolleyes:

Rankin drove past same player and got a great cross in...and Nish scores

But thats not important as neither ARE Hibs class

:dizzy:

Just to be pedantic, thats not actually true. Murray took a quick free kick to Rankin who crossed the ball unchallenged - he didnt drive past anyone.

Re Nish, he's a valuable member of the squad but I'd hope Gow replaces him in the coming weeks. He's much better suited to that role playing off Stokes.

07-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Seems only like yesterday that Ian Murray was getting unbelievable abuse on a weekly basis from his own fans ...

Nish adds a lot to the team (not least his height in defensive situations), works effectively and unselfishly in deep positions to make space for others and, by Premier League standards, is a very decent finisher. Once we find soemone with all those attributes who also has the first touch of Dalglish and the heading ability of Jordan then we might be right to say he's not good enough.

If he could jump his height might be useful, but you'd be lucky to get a Thomson's phone directory under him at full stretch. As for 'very decent finisher'. One goal every six appearances in the league tells a different story. Maybe Hibs were a bit spolied by the Keith Wright, Mixu and GOC years, and Nish is the standard of target man we deserve.:confused:

johnrebus
07-02-2010, 03:47 PM
This is the sort of thread that makes me despair for Hibs supporters.

Colin Nish is one of us, wears his heart on his sleeve and gives everything for the cause. He is also a pretty good player, well above the average SPL striker.

Yet he gets dogs abuse.

I just don't get it

:confused:

iwasthere1972
07-02-2010, 03:47 PM
If he could jump his height might be useful, but you'd be lucky to get a Thomson's phone directory under him at full stretch. As for 'very decent finisher'. One goal every six appearances in the league tells a different story. Maybe Hibs were a bit spolied by the Keith Wright and Mixu years, and Nish is the standard of target man we deserve.:confused:

Don't forget to mention that out of the 19 games featured 6 of them he was a sub. :wink: Oh almost forgot.....4 assists as well.

sleeping giant
07-02-2010, 03:50 PM

Colin Nish is one us, wears his heart on his sleeve and gives everything for the cause. He is also a pretty good player, well above the average SPL striker.

Yet he gets dogs abuse.

I just don't get it

Hibs90
07-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Moan the big man :thumbsup:

07-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Colin Nish is well above the average SPL striker.

Excluding OF players, I wouldn't say he's better than say Mehmet, Jutkiewicz, or John Daly. Are you claiming he's better than them? I'd say you're having a laugh if so.

basehibby
07-02-2010, 04:34 PM

:agree: Every support has it's share of erseholes and Hibs is no exception. I sat in the Famous Five end of the East stand for the second half and was astounded by some of the poison spewed forth at Nish and had to remonstrate with some of the guilty parties along the lines of "two goals not good enough???"

The funny thing was that if you tried starting up a song the same idiots would sit there quiet as church mice - give 'em a chance to mercilessly slate one of our own players though and they get stuck into it with abandon!

I honestly think these people are lacking something in their lives that they feel the need to behave like this - Sad cases IMO :bitchy:

Brizo
07-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Nish cost 100k iirc. You wouldnt be able to buy a striker from the Vauxhall Conference for that amount. He is very limited and can be very frustrating but you get what you pay for. Id suggest his goals return from that 100k is a lot better than the goals return from a number of multi million pound OF strikers.

bighairyfaeleith
07-02-2010, 04:51 PM
This thread is boring me so I stopped reading, but I'll say this

Just because we criticise nish doesn't make us "so called hibs fans" so take that little idea and **** right off

Nish constantly falls on his arse and can't jump for toffee

Nish does score a good amount of goals

Nish does miss a lot of sitters

Nish does work hard

Nish is not as good as riordan, stokes, gow, miller, and is in my opinion one of the players who should be moved out if we get the chance of a really good striker in the summer.

FACT (sorry I just like to say that) :greengrin

NaeTechnoHibby
07-02-2010, 05:11 PM
Nish cost 100k iirc. You wouldnt be able to buy a striker from the Vauxhall Conference for that amount. He is very limited and can be very frustrating but you get what you pay for. Id suggest his goals return from that 100k is a lot better than the goals return from a number of multi million pound OF strikers.

You could also say that £65,000 per week for Robbie Keane, against Nish's wages, we have a bargain :thumbsup:

I like Nish, I think he does contribute a lot to our "team" :agree:

Let's not forget that only a few years have passed since we wernae "a team" :boo hoo: and ended up losing a semi-final of this "graill-thingy" to Dunfermline :boo hoo:

Nish played well today IMO :thumbsup:

500miles
07-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Colin Nish is our first line of defence. He pressurises high up the park, and gives players like Miller, Riordan, Stokes and Rankin time and space to recieve and move the ball on. Without him, everytime we lose the ball in the last third, the opposition is unchallanged until they get past the centre circle of our half.

Furthermore, without Nish playing, Stokes seems so isolated. Not only does Nish take the recieve and move the ball on well, but all the knockdowns and even the loose balls he forces are perfect for quick, predatory players like Stokes. The number of moves he also starts from his own half is considerable.

This 1 in 6 goals to games ratio is a bit misleading as well. He's not playing as a striker these days, and when he was, he was knocking them in at about the same rate as Mixu - roughly 1 in 3.

Since people seem intent on turning this thread into a Riordan v Nish thread, I'll throw my two cents in too; Riordan has much more talent than Nish, but Nish makes more of his lesser ability. If someone said at the start of the game "Nish is injured", I start worrying about what we lose by him not being available - a lack of physicality, the other strikers getting isolated etc.. If someone says "Riordan is injured" i think " With Stokes, Gow, Nish and Galbraith, we've still got goalscorers in the team"

There was a thread on here talking about Kevin McBride being the glue that holds the team together. He's probably one of our lesser talented players, but maximises his talent by sticking to his task, and letting the other creative forces get on with it. I think he may well hold the midfield together. By the same token, Nish holds the attack together.

Hibs90
07-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Colin Nish is our first line of defence. He pressurises high up the park, and gives players like Miller, Riordan, Stokes and Rankin time and space to recieve and move the ball on. Without him, everytime we lose the ball in the last third, the opposition is unchallanged until they get past the centre circle of our half.

Furthermore, without Nish playing, Stokes seems so isolated. Not only does Nish take the recieve and move the ball on well, but all the knockdowns and even the loose balls he forces are perfect for quick, predatory players like Stokes. The number of moves he also starts from his own half is considerable.

This 1 in 6 goals to games ratio is a bit misleading as well. He's not playing as a striker these days, and when he was, he was knocking them in at about the same rate as Mixu - roughly 1 in 3.

Since people seem intent on turning this thread into a Riordan v Nish thread, I'll throw my two cents in too; Riordan has much more talent than Nish, but Nish makes more of his lesser ability. If someone said at the start of the game "Nish is injured", I start worrying about what we lose by him not being available - a lack of physicality, the other strikers getting isolated etc.. If someone says "Riordan is injured" i think " With Stokes, Gow, Nish and Galbraith, we've still got goalscorers in the team"

There was a thread on here talking about Kevin McBride being the glue that holds the team together. He's probably one of our lesser talented players, but maximises his talent by sticking to his task, and letting the other creative forces get on with it. I think he may well hold the midfield together. By the same token, Nish holds the attack together.

Great post :top marks

bighairyfaeleith
07-02-2010, 05:28 PM

interesting, and nearly had me, but can't jump, falls on his arse and misses sitters means I'm still no convinced I'm afraid.

Hibby Bairn
07-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Has averaged 1 goal in 3 games for years. So you can expect 10 to 15 goals a year or so. That'll do for me.

Doing a great job Nishy.

500miles
07-02-2010, 05:56 PM
interesting, and nearly had me, but can't jump, falls on his arse and misses sitters means I'm still no convinced I'm afraid.

Are we talking about Nish or Riordan here?

I'm going to stick my neck out, and assume it's Nish. I would add that there are few players who get kicked and shoved the way that he does. He get's little protection from refs, so a lot of the "falling on his arse" is probably a fair reaction. There are examples of times when he makes the wrong decision and claims the foul instead of playing on, but there are more examples of him shrugging the player off.

Every player misses sitters. Riordan and Stokes have both missed some this season, and they make thier name out of being out-and-out goalscorers. Nish doesn't - he's a plays a supporting role.

ArabHibee
07-02-2010, 05:59 PM

:agree: Totally agree. Zouma on the other hand, does a bit of fancy stuff and some people are falling over themselves to praise him but he's not consistent.

When did Katie Price start playing footie? :confused: :greengrin

Franck is God
07-02-2010, 06:08 PM

How dare you make a well thought out and reasoned post.....

Thankfully Yogi as well as a few of the more sensible Hibs fans out there know how important players like Nish are to the team. You got it spot on in your last paragragh, we were really struggling to find a performance and the return of McBride and Nish to the starting line up improved our game massively.

crash
07-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Has averaged 1 goal in 3 games for years. So you can expect 10 to 15 goals a year or so.

Don't think so. Has never been a prolific goalscorer and his best days are past him. If we are serious about winning things we must have quality.I've seen better junior players than Nish.

panshibby
07-02-2010, 06:13 PM
It does not matter what we think, Yogi picks the team, if Yogi thinks he is good enough for Hibs, thats enough for me.

you all give Yogi your backing, "In Yogi we trust" he trusts Nish we should ALL do the same, whether we like it or not. After all we "support" the same team and we all want the same thing at the end of the day a "SUCESSFULL" HIbs team.

GGTTH

ancient hibee
07-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Don't think so. Has never been a prolific goalscorer and his best days are past him. If we are serious about winning things we must have quality.I've seen better junior players than Nish.
Where about?

jdships
07-02-2010, 06:16 PM

Colin Nish is one us, wears his heart on his sleeve and gives everything for the cause. He is also a pretty good player, well above the average SPL striker.

Yet he gets dogs abuse.

I just don't get it

I was slowly getting more annoyed reading the posts on this thread
but decided to keep out of the argument
However you come along and post a real common sense reply with which I totally agree !!!!
THANK YOU

:top marks:agree:

Dirkster23
07-02-2010, 06:22 PM

Your right, it's around 1 goal in every 4 games, clearly not Hibs class :yawn:

Maybe drop the club a wee email with the names of these boys in the Juniors that are a lot better :faf: :bye:

Pretty Boy
07-02-2010, 06:22 PM

His ability is not on the same scale as Deek or Stokes but he's does work extremely hard and some of the abuse aimed at him is pathetic.

If anyone can name me a player we could get for the same or less money than Nish who would give us the goals and assists he has i'd be shocked.

Yes the big man looks a bit awkward and untidy but he is actually a pretty decent footballer, a worker and he chips in with a few goals. You can spot the muppets who know **** all about football a mile away because they instantly use the 'he doesn't use his height and weight' argument. Maybe thats because it's not his game. Just because he's big doesn't make him a target man, he likes the ball into feet to hold up and bring others into the game. We would be a far poorer squad without Colin Nish.

Dirkster23
07-02-2010, 06:25 PM

Easy to look for faults in a player, but a bit harder to actually pay attention and see the good things they do for the team.

500miles
07-02-2010, 06:27 PM

Do Hibs a favour and point these players out to Yogi! Sounds like a bargain!

johnrebus
07-02-2010, 06:29 PM
I was slowly getting more annoyed reading the posts on this thread
but decided to keep out of the argument
However you come along and post a real common sense reply with which I totally agree !!!!
THANK YOU

:top marks:agree:

Thankyou.

I think most Hibbies feel the same way.

The venom towards Nishy from a chosen few is as completely out of order as it is ridiculous.

crash
07-02-2010, 06:32 PM
Where about?

Irvine Meadow for a start, the player marking Nish had him in his pocket.

Pretty Boy
07-02-2010, 06:35 PM

:faf: So a guy fired up for the biggest game of his life against a Hibs team that never got out of 1st gear had a good game against Nish and suddenly he's a better player than him?

Aye, good one.

Albanian Hibs
07-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Fed up saying this in Colin's defence, he is a guy who wants to play for us, might be a bit unorthodox or less flamboyant than some who may not put as much in, he cost us @£100k and will always contribute his share of goals and assists in particular, there can't be many scottish defences he hasn't scored against in his career. Do wish he could work out how to stay onside though!

500miles
07-02-2010, 06:38 PM

Who was marking Stokes then? Because he was pretty anonymous too! That Nish and Stokes - not Meadow Class!

johnrebus
07-02-2010, 06:38 PM

Colin Nish was hardly the only player who had an off day against a group of players taking part in the biggest day of their career.

If you seriously think there are better players to be had in Junior foootball then you have obviously never attended a Junior match in your life.

:rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
07-02-2010, 06:42 PM
Colin Nish was hardly the only player who had an off day against a group of players taking part in the biggest day of their career.

If you seriously think there are better players to be had in Junior foootball then you have obviously never attended a Junior match in your life.

:rolleyes:

Judging by the guys comments i don't think he's attended a football match in his life never mind a junior match.

07-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Thankyou.

The venom towards Nishy from a chosen few is as completely out of order as it is ridiculous.

It's up to him to prove the doubters like me wrong, but I doubt it will happen. I agree with the other poster that Nish is a £100k striker and you get what you pay for. He's a bit like Tuco in the "Good the Bad and the Ugly", in that he'll never be worth more than $3000. :greengrin

ps
$3000 = £100,000 adjusted for inflation from 1865. :greengrin:greengrin

weecounty hibby
07-02-2010, 06:50 PM
Another nonsense post in a long line of them on this subject. If you take the big mans goals per ££££ ratio you would be hard pushed to get anyone better. I think we have probably got the best set of strikers in the league with, Stokes, Nish, Riordn, Benji, throw in Byrne and Gow? and it is probably the envy of every other club,possibly even the OF. As for better juniors you are having a laugh and I seriously doubt you have seen many junior games. Yes he is frustrating but he does not deserve the stick he takes.

allmodcons
07-02-2010, 06:57 PM
It's up to him to prove the doubters like me wrong, but I doubt it will happen. I agree with the other poster that Nish is a £100k striker and you get what you pay for. He's a bit like Tuco in the "Good the Bad and the Ugly", in that he'll never be worth more than $3000. :greengrin

ps
$3000 = £100,000 adjusted for inflation from 1865. :greengrin:greengrin

You get what you pay for?

Stokes & Miller both on frees?

07-02-2010, 07:02 PM

I thought we paid an undisclosed fee for Stokes? Anyway, freedom of contract is not the same. Value while in contract for Nish was £100k. £100k strikers tend to have a one in five/six scoring ratio. And guess what....

allmodcons
07-02-2010, 07:03 PM

Oh almost forgot Kyle Lafferty - £3M.

07-02-2010, 07:05 PM
Oh almost forgot Kyle Lafferty - £3M.

Nish is a lot like Kyle Lafferty, only slower and cheaper.:greengrin

allmodcons
07-02-2010, 07:05 PM
I thought we paid an undisclosed fee for Stokes? Anyway, freedom of contract is not the same. Value while in contract for Nish was £100k. £100k strikers tend to have a one in five/six scoring ratio. And guess what....

Nish had only 6 months to run at Kilmarnock when we signed him.

Liam Miller wasn't wanted by QPR or anyone else of note when JH picked him up.

allmodcons
07-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Nish is a lot like Kyle Lafferty, only slower and cheaper.:greengrin

Don't you mean slower and MUCH cheaper:greengrin

07-02-2010, 07:10 PM
Nish had only 6 months to run at Kilmarnock when we signed him.

Liam Miller wasn't wanted by QPR or anyone else of note when JH picked him up.

Liam Miller is a central midfield player. I don't think it's a good comparisson. I think every spl side outside the OF would have signed Miller if they could have.

What about Kevin Kyle? He's scored as many league goials as Nish in less than half the appearances? I'd say he'd be worth more than 100k with six months to go.

07-02-2010, 07:16 PM
Don't you mean slower and MUCH cheaper:greengrin

I would do the huns a swap - Lafferty for Nish, plus 100k - our way :greengrin

ps
That makes Nish worth 200k! A bit steep perchance...

allmodcons
07-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Liam Miller is a central midfield player. I don't think it's a good comparisson. I think every spl side outside the OF would have signed Miller if they could have.

What about Kevin Kyle? He's scored as many league goials as Nish in less than half the appearances? I'd say he'd be worth more than 100k with six months to go.

We're discussing the term 'you get what you pay for' but it suits you to imply that the term should only apply to a forward??

As for Kevin Kyle, I don't mind him as a player but right now we just do not need him because of the abundance of talented forwards at the club.

ArabHibee
07-02-2010, 07:23 PM
I'd rather have Nish than Kyle Laughatme any day of the week.

Did you seem him yesterday? Pish!

07-02-2010, 07:24 PM
We're discussing the term 'you get what you pay for' but it suits you to imply that the term should only apply to a forward??

As for Kevin Kyle, I don't mind him as a player but right now we just do not need him because of the abundance of talented forwards at the club.

Not at all, but forwards are judged on goals scored as that is their trade. I think you will agree on that!? You start comparing apples and oranges when you go that route - you'll be comparing Graham Stack to Nish next :confused: Nish doesn't score enough in the league to ever be worth more than £100k in contract, that's the bottom line.

jabis
07-02-2010, 07:25 PM
:bsod:

I can only assume that Yogi,Miller,Stokes and a fair amount of the team,who have ALL gone on record to praise the amount of work that Nish does(also stating how he makes their job a lot easier)are all talking guff.

Some people couldn't recognise a football if it was extracted from their erse,and inflated in front of their eyes.

Dicks.(thats not my name bytheway :greengrin)

Dashing Bob S
07-02-2010, 07:28 PM

Sometimes he does though. I've read every post on this thread, but none have come close to unveiling the enigma, wrapped in a conundrum, shrouded in a cloak of mystique, sealed within a seething cauldron of intrigue that is the Musselburgh Magician.

You simply don't understand him. Accept it. Deal with it. Move on. I have. You will feel better as a result.

07-02-2010, 07:30 PM
:bsod:

I can only assume that Yogi,Miller,Stokes and a fair amount of the team,who have ALL gone on record to praise the amount of work that Nish does(also stating how he makes their job a lot easier)are all talking guff.

(thats not my name bytheway :greengrin)

Why not paste in your quotes instead of making up GUFF? I haven't read this praise. Certainly never came out after the last Rangers game when every fan on this board was slating good ole grafter Nishy, or the last game vs St Mirren, or the Celtic game when his substitution paved the way to the win. Aye...guff!

allmodcons
07-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Not at all, but forwards are judged on goals scored as that is their trade. I think you will agree on that!? You start comparing apples and oranges when you go that route - you'll be comparing Graham Stack to Nish next :confused: Nish doesn't score enough in the league to ever be worth more than £100k in contract, that's the bottom line.

No need for you to start making things up on my behalf.

With regard to forwards being judged on goals scored that's only partly
correct. Depends on how they're deployed in the team. For example, a Kris Boyd type is always going to score more than someone like Emile Heskey but IMO Heskey is a much better team player.

jabis
07-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Why not paste in your quotes instead of making up GUFF? I haven't read this praise. Certainly never came out after the last Rangers game when every fan on this board was slating ole Nishy, or the last game vs St Mirren.

Mock me if you will,for my lack of computer knowhow...BUT if you go to the Hibs official site,therein lies an interview with Miller(recently).
Also,if you bothered to read about Hibs in the press,you would have seen the others.
As an aside,is your name Dick ?

07-02-2010, 07:41 PM
No need for you to start making things up on my behalf.

With regard to forwards being judged on goals scored that's only partly
correct. Depends on how they're deployed in the team. For example, a Kris Boyd type is always going to score more than someone like Emile Heskey but IMO Heskey is a much better team player.

I'd say it's 90% correct. Strikers are judged on goals scored. Heskey is just a work horse, and not a very good one. The best forwards are the ones that score goals, period. On current form, Rangers would not swap Boyd for Heskey in a million years.

07-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Mock me if you will,for my lack of computer knowhow...BUT if you go to the Hibs official site,therein lies an interview with Miller(recently).
Also,if you bothered to read about Hibs in the press,you would have seen the others.
As an aside,is your name Dick ?

Lack of know how seems to be a problem with you, dicky! :blah:

Pretty Boy
07-02-2010, 07:46 PM
I'd say it's 90% correct. Strikers are judged on goals scored. Heskey is just a work horse, and not a very good one. The best forwards are the ones that score goals, period. On current form, Rangers would not swap Boyd for Heskey in a million years.

If you care to read this months fourfourtwo you will find that Wayne Rooney heartily disagrees with this statement. As does Fabio Capello, Sven Goran Erikson, Martin O'Neill, Gerard Houllier, Alan Shearer and too many others to mention.

Or am i supposed to ignore their opinions and trust yours?

jabis
07-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Lack of know how seems to be a problem with you, dicky! :blah:

Aaaawww........you in the huff.

Read the article and THEN comment,otherwise you come across as someone who puts a pair of pee stained pants on their head,whistles "rule brittania"and claims it's proof they are sane.
Just my opinion,and as we well know opinions are often wrong :wink:

iwasthere1972
07-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Aaaawww........you in the huff.

Read the article and THEN comment,otherwise you come across as someone who puts a pair of pee stained pants on their head,whistles "rule brittania"and claims it's proof they are sane.
Just my opinion,and as we well know opinions are often wrong :wink:

I believe Gazza only did it the once before he was sectioned.

allmodcons
07-02-2010, 07:55 PM

Would be interested to know how you came to 90% (creative accounting eh).

Look at the number of top managers who've played Heskey at the top level during his long career. Check out the number of England caps he's picked up over the years.

I don't mind you disagreeing with me, but to suggest that someone with a career like Heskey is a 'just a workhorse and not a very good one' tells me you're losing our little debate.

Anyway, time to put the kids to bed with a mild rendition of Glory Glory to the Hibees. I hope they're Hibernating soon.

jabis
07-02-2010, 08:02 PM

Look at the number of top managers who've played Heskey at the top level during his long career. Check out the number of England caps he's picked up over the years.

I don't mind you disagreeing with me, but to suggest that someone with a career like Heskey is a 'just a workhorse and not a very good one' tells me you're losing our little debate.

Anyway, time to put the kids to bed with a mild rendition of Glory Glory to the Hibees. I hope they're Hibernating soon.

He must be off reading the Miller interview,only to come back on to state that the guy knows FA about football.

Dirkster23
07-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Why not paste in your quotes instead of making up GUFF? I haven't read this praise. Certainly never came out after the last Rangers game when every fan on this board was slating good ole grafter Nishy, or the last game vs St Mirren, or the Celtic game when his substitution paved the way to the win. Aye...guff!

Quote form LM on the official site after the St Mirren game :bye:

"Colin Nish is a handful and I thought he was incredibly unlucky not to score on Saturday. He has done everything but score to tell you the truth, but on another day he could have been celebrating three or four goals. To his credit he kept going right until the end, he really is not bothered if he does not get goals provided the team do well and that is the kind of player you love to have in your side. He holds the ball up and brings others into play and for what the big man does he maybe doesn't get the credit that he deserves. He is not an out-and-out goal scorer although he does that pretty well, but the work he does for the team certainly doesn't go unnoticed."

jabis
07-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Quote form LM on the official site after the St Mirren game :bye:

"Colin Nish is a handful and I thought he was incredibly unlucky not to score on Saturday. He has done everything but score to tell you the truth, but on another day he could have been celebrating three or four goals. To his credit he kept going right until the end, he really is not bothered if he does not get goals provided the team do well and that is the kind of player you love to have in your side. He holds the ball up and brings others into play and for what the big man does he maybe doesn't get the credit that he deserves. He is not an out-and-out goal scorer although he does that pretty well, but the work he does for the team certainly doesn't go unnoticed."

thank you ,you computer whizz-kid :thumbsup:

Now anyone want to argue with Liam ?

allmodcons
07-02-2010, 08:24 PM

He must be off reading the Miller interview,only to come back on to state that the guy knows FA about football.

I wisnae being sarcastic Jabis. I was putting my kids to bed.

Sas_The_Hibby
07-02-2010, 08:34 PM

Sorry, but I just don't believe this. Too often his first touch is useless or he gets bundled off the ball all too easily or loses possession and then either falls down or looks forlornly at the ref, hoping for a free kick, rather than making any effort to get the ball back.

I think he's gives up at the first opportunity and a large part of the reason he missed a sitter yesterday was his complacent attitude.

jabis
07-02-2010, 08:35 PM
I wisnae being sarcastic Jabis. I was putting my kids to bed.

:faf:

I know you were !

I'm just waiting for all the twats to come on,explaining how they know more about football than the professionals.

Hope the wee ones drop off to the land of nod soon,and give you a bit of peace and quiet :thumbsup:

07-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Sorry, but I just don't believe this. Too often his first touch is useless or he gets bundled off the ball all too easily or loses possession and then either falls down or looks forlornly at the ref, hoping for a free kick, rather than making any effort to get the ball back.

I think he's gives up at the first opportunity and a large part of the reason he missed a sitter yesterday was his complacent attitude.

I always notice it's the same fans who slag off Deek who praise Nish as the "unseen" worker etc.. :confused:

I'll assume it's okay to slag Deek and not give a carthorse like Nish stick :confused:

sleeping giant
07-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Whae's like us eh :rolleyes:

jabis
07-02-2010, 08:51 PM
I always notice it's the same fans who slag off Deek who praise Nish as the "unseen" worker etc.. :confused:

I'll assume it's okay to slag Deek and not give a carthorse like Nish stick :confused:

eerrr.......excuse me,how about an answer to the Miller quote.

Also I support every Hibs player.....why in God's name would you want to go so ape**** about a guy.....................actually I give up,you and your kind sicken me beyond words.

iwasthere1972
07-02-2010, 08:54 PM
eerrr.......excuse me,how about an answer to the Miller quote.

Also I support every Hibs player.....why in God's name would you want to go so ape**** about a guy.....................actually I give up,you and your kind sicken me beyond words.

Oih uberfan candidates do not give up.

Stick in their cowboy. :devil:

jabis
07-02-2010, 09:01 PM

Right Dick,WHY would Miller(as ONE example)single out Nish for praise?

ONE Question,an answer please,or it's the pee stained pants for you :cool2:

07-02-2010, 09:02 PM
I give up.

The best three words I've read all night. Thanks :bye: :blah:

ps
It's called a debate, these forums are for debate I assume. I won't say what your illiterate kind do to me. Sicken me about educational standards only.

07-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Right Dick,WHY would Miller(as ONE example)single out Nish for praise?

ONE Question,an answer please,or it's the pee stained pants for you :cool2:

Did you pay him or have a gun to his head at the time, dick? :confused:

matty_f
07-02-2010, 09:16 PM
:agree: Every support has it's share of erseholes and Hibs is no exception. I sat in the Famous Five end of the East stand for the second half and was astounded by some of the poison spewed forth at Nish and had to remonstrate with some of the guilty parties along the lines of "two goals not good enough???"

The funny thing was that if you tried starting up a song the same idiots would sit there quiet as church mice - give 'em a chance to mercilessly slate one of our own players though and they get stuck into it with abandon!

I honestly think these people are lacking something in their lives that they feel the need to behave like this - Sad cases IMO :bitchy:

Bit in bold sums up a fair portion of fans at ER just now, for me. Dinnae hear a peep out of them unless it's to rip into whoever the scapegoat is that week.

jabis
07-02-2010, 09:17 PM
The best three words I've read all night. Thanks :bye: :blah:

ps
It's called a debate, these forums are for debate I assume. I won't say what your illiterate kind do to me. Sicken me about educational standards only.

Ok,if that how it is

1. "it's called debate".....so debate !,you claim Liam Miller,Yogi et al talk guff !
2. "I won't say what your illiterate kind do to me"....Yeah,bragging about your wee stiffy is frowned upon !
3."Sicken me about educational standards only"....New sentence,makes you sound like your pee stained pants have fallen over your eyes !

debate...or even better run back to KB and tell them how clever you are.

jabis
07-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Did you pay him or have a gun to his head at the time, dick? :confused:

fair enough,your debating skills are not in question,you must be David Cameron.

jacomo
07-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Too true. However, some of the bed wetters that have been taking stick off the missus all week want to vent their frustrations:dummytit: I get sick of hearing it. I would love to see how good some of these people were at their jobs with folk screaming abuse at them all the while....the same people who infact were supposed to be offering support to them.

:agree: Love this post.

07-02-2010, 10:49 PM
Would bring a tear to a glass eye!

If thousands of people want to pay £22 a time to sit and watch me at my desk for 90mins they are more than welcome to shout whatever they like, for as along as they like.

Bishop Hibee
07-02-2010, 11:01 PM
Nish gives 100% in a formation that doesn't play to his strengths and he still scores a few. In a conventional 4-4-2 with decent wide players he'd get a lot more.

Any club in Scotland outside the OF and maybe Dundee Utd at present would take him in an instant.

silverhibee
07-02-2010, 11:05 PM
Quite simple really, why cant wee all just get behind all the players on the park and give them our support that they need and deserve, they are all playing there part in where wee are in the league and the cup, and that includes Nish Riordan and Rankin who seem to be getting a fair bit of stick on this board recently, unjustifyed imo, they are all doing there part in this Hibs team.
C'mon People, get behind the Hibs and stop all this crap about slating players when they are on the pitch, it just doesn't do the players any good at all, cause they do hear you, and doesn't do wonders for there confidence either.
Lets get right behind the team on Wednesday and give them the proper positve support that they deserve.
Silverhibee.:agree::notworthy::hnet:

PatHead
07-02-2010, 11:14 PM
I am much happier having him in the team than him playing against us.

07-02-2010, 11:20 PM
Quite simple really, why cant wee all just get behind all the players on the park and give them our support that they need and deserve, they are all playing there part in where wee are in the league and the cup, and that includes Nish Riordan and Rankin who seem to be getting a fair bit of stick on this board recently, unjustifyed imo, they are all doing there part in this Hibs team.
C'mon People, get behind the Hibs and stop all this crap about slating players when they are on the pitch, it just doesn't do the players any good at all, cause they do hear you, and doesn't do wonders for there confidence either.
Lets get right behind the team on Wednesday and give them the proper positve support that they deserve.
Silverhibee.:agree::notworthy::hnet:

I agree, and I'm not totally slating the guy, :wink: All I've said is that he's a £100k striker, and won't ever be more than that. I could say he's a £5k striker. We've had worse at ER, Lee Power, Hurtado... i.e 5k strikers.

hibs is life
07-02-2010, 11:28 PM
a rate him and he has been doing good latelay a mind arguen with sum 1 in the east stand coz all he done was sit behind me 4 the hole 90 mins ripping every player then another boy skelpped him a was in stiches

Captain Trips
07-02-2010, 11:31 PM
Lets calm down here, If Nish is getting personal abuse I agree out of order.

IMHO I think Nish isnt that good, great glad he got his 2 goals but my opinion cant just suddenly change. I thought he was ok when joined I just feel over last year he has not been very good.

Now if we want to look at yesterday in isolation then yeah great, look at 4 weeks ago in isolation, poor. I just think over the term he misses far to many sitters and his offside reading is poor.

All IMO of course.

07-02-2010, 11:33 PM
a rate him and he has been doing good latelay a mind arguen with sum 1 in the east stand coz all he done was sit behind me 4 the hole 90 mins ripping every player then another boy skelpped him a was in stiches

It wasn't me on either count in case you're wondering, altho ironically enough I did once have near fisty with a boy that was shouting abuse in my lug vicinity for ninety in the late McLeish era when it started going pear shaped. The boy was probably right on reflection.

Criswell
07-02-2010, 11:48 PM

Easy to look for faults in a player, but a bit harder to actually pay attention and see the good things they do for the team.

The evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft' interred with their bones

(William Shakespeare)

Expecting Rain
08-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Nobody denies that Nish is a trier but he is a very frustrating player, he hardly wins the majority of headers against his opponent, he`s not a threat at corners, his close control is erratic and usually sets the tone for what kind of performance he is about to give, i think he sets up more opposition breakaways than he does goals by being unable to hold the ball up, his strength is in offering something different and probably coming on 30 minutes from the end when we are running out of options, i`d like to see him being more aggressive and more assertive, playing his way into games by keeping things simple, i hope he has a great game against Aberdeen and then against Rangers, i doubt he will.

Franck is God
08-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Years ago when I was fresh faced in my early teens I used to shout dogs abuse at Brian Hamilton week after week, game after game as in my 'then' uneducated football opinion he did nothing on the pitch.

My Dad who was clearly sick of my attitude by then told me to shut up and just watch what he did for the whole game. I was stunned when I saw that he ran more than anyone else, provided support for the defence, support for the attack, closed people down, pushed the opposition into areas of the pitch they didn't want to go and just generally did the things that no other player wanted to. Pretty sure the Man Utd fans felt a similar way about Darren Fletcher a couple of years ago, SAF knew what he did for the team and so did the rest of the players.

Colin Nish's job in the Hibs team is no longer as an out and out striker, he is there to link the play between midfield and attack, support Stokes and Deek or whoever else is up front and close down the opposition defenders when they have possession of the ball. There are more talented strikers in our squad but none of them do this job as well as he does, if they did he'd be sitting on the bench and they'd be doing it instead.

Before someone tries to point out that you can't compare Hammy to Fletcher and to Nish as they were different styles of players read my point again and see that it is a comparison of the work they do for the team and not as individual players that is important.

proud_and_green
08-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Years ago when I was fresh faced in my early teens I used to shout dogs abuse at Brian Hamilton week after week, game after game as in my 'then' uneducated football opinion he did nothing on the pitch.

My Dad who was clearly sick of my attitude by then told me to shut up and just watch what he did for the whole game. I was stunned when I saw that he ran more than anyone else, provided support for the defence, support for the attack, closed people down, pushed the opposition into areas of the pitch they didn't want to go and just generally did the things that no other player wanted to. Pretty sure the Man Utd fans felt a similar way about Darren Fletcher a couple of years ago, SAF knew what he did for the team and so did the rest of the players.

Colin Nish's job in the Hibs team is no longer as an out and out striker, he is there to link the play between midfield and attack, support Stokes and Deek or whoever else is up front and close down the opposition defenders when they have possession of the ball. There are more talented strikers in our squad but none of them do this job as well as he does, if they did he'd be sitting on the bench and they'd be doing it instead.

Before someone tries to point out that you can't compare Hammy to Fletcher and to Nish as they were different styles of players read my point again and see that it is a comparison of the work they do for the team and not as individual players that is important.

Absolutely correct.

Take Nishy out of this team and we will miss him, but i guess this would still be his fault.

Keep on working like you do Nishy.

Golden Bear
08-02-2010, 02:04 PM
The evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft' interred with their bones

(William Shakespeare)

He who does sweet *ugger all will never make a mistake.

(Me - 8/2/2010)

:wink:

Jonnyboy
08-02-2010, 11:03 PM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/John-Hughes-hails-Colin-Nish.6053825.jp

Good to see Yogi talking the big fella up :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2010, 11:07 PM

Big Mark was pulling my chain.......:faf:

Jonnyboy
08-02-2010, 11:10 PM
Big Mark was pulling my chain.......:faf:

:greengrin

Must have been misquoted as he surely said 'Big no-Mark was pulling my chain'

:greengrin

iwasthere1972
08-02-2010, 11:18 PM

:agree: C'mon the Nish.

Anyway If you cannae run a fish and chop shop how do you expect to run a football club. Maybe they should give Ian Beale a call.:wink:

Toaods
09-02-2010, 01:38 AM
NISH OFF......until the summer..:greengrin

Rossco442
09-02-2010, 07:17 AM
"He scores goals and when I speak to a lot of Hibs supporters, they are telling me it is also the hardest they have seen him work. Anything that he gets, you are awful pleased for him."

A touch of the JC about Hughes' comments anyone? :greengrin

Good to see Hughes squashing their offer - McGhee can GTF IMO.

RIP
09-02-2010, 10:22 AM
But there was no doubting his sincerity yesterday as he lauded Nish for his contribution this season and dismissed Aberdeen's attempt to sign him.

"There was nothing in it really," smiled Hughes. "Big Mark (McGhee) is just pulling my chain. Big Nish is doing well for us. He is maybe not good on the eye, but he has been great for me since I came. I enjoy working with him. I think I can make him better. The biggest thing is he wants to become better.

"He scores goals and when I speak to a lot of Hibs supporters, they are telling me it is also the hardest they have seen him work. Anything that he gets, you are awful pleased for him.

"He is a well liked guy in the dressing room and I think the majority of supporters appreciate the job he does defensively as well. At set pieces against us, he will get back and head it clear. When you see him on the training pitch, he is as good as anything out there in terms of finishing."

At last some Yogi realism amongst the pash a few numpties spout!:top marks

Cut Colin Nish and you will see Green Blood

RyeSloan
09-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Some good comments from Yogi there but the Scotman must think we are daft considering half of that interview was actually lifted from the BBC one quite a few days ago...

Sylar
09-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Interesting that Yogi singles out the impressive young Fraser Fyvie for praise...summer target? :stirrer:

H18sry
09-02-2010, 10:43 AM
:agree: C'mon the Nish.

Anyway If you cannae run a fish and chop shop how do you expect to run a football club. Maybe they should give Ian Beale a call.:wink:

Is that where you take a bit of cod a bit of haddock a bit of trout and pass it of as a salmon fillet :devil:

Tollhouse Hibee
09-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Having read a few threads on here over the last few days, and just again about tomorrow's team line-up, i see the majority of fans are advocating dropping Colin Nish to the bench.

I personally dont think that will happen, and think Nish and Stokes were subbed at the weekend with tonight in mind.

Nishy may not be the most prolific of scorers, as shown by the chances he missed for his hat-trick at the weekend, but i do believe we are a better team with him playing.

His link up play is great, and we actually win some headers with him in the team, plus he defends set pieces well.

I know Riordan is special with his ability to create something out of nothing, but i think if any of the front 3 deserve a seat on the bench (due to recent form) to make way for Gow, then it must be Deeks.

Speedway
09-02-2010, 01:28 PM
You can't under-rate Nish. It's impossible.

SlickShoes
09-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Nish is a really odd player, he will get you about 10 goals a season on average.

Some games his touch is actually sublime, his finishing second to none and passing excellent.

In other games, he falls over the ball, trips over his own feet and couldnt score in a brothel.

I am very happy to see him playing well again though! Just find it odd that his performance are so polarised!

cannastar
09-02-2010, 01:47 PM
colin nish like all our team has grown so much in confidence this season and for me its great to watch.i still think he will get better in his goal scoring count but for the moment the job he is doing when on the park is effective and the more quality service he gets the more he will finnish.its all down to the winning habit yogi has brought to the place and colin has been one of the main benefactors and in recent games this has shown in his play.:wink:

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Some games his touch is actually sublime, his finishing second to none and passing excellent.

In other games, he falls over the ball, trips over his own feet and couldnt score in a brothel.

Never mind in some games - he can do that in the same game!

I think he gets a hard time from a lot of folk - you saw the reaction to his miss on Saturday - folk couldn't wait to get out of their seat to tell him how rubbish he was. The score was 2-0 to us at the time. He'd scored both of them.

Brizo
09-02-2010, 01:53 PM
I dont think hes under rated more that some folks expectations are imho too high for a guy who cost 100k and is to all intents and purposes an SPL journeyman. Hes never going to be anywhere near the quality of a GOC or a Fletch who we sold on for millions. His definite limitations come with the 100k price tag.

It will be interesting to see if the £65,000 pw Spurs reserve scores considerably more goals than Nish over the rest of the season. Id guess Nishs goals total will be a far greater return on his 100k transfer fee than Keanes will be on £65000 pw or Fortune on his 3 million plus transfer fee.

dangermouse
09-02-2010, 02:13 PM

I think he gets a hard time from a lot of folk - you saw the reactiojn to his miss on Saturday - folk couldn't wait to get out of their seat to tell him how rubbish he was. The score was 2-0 to us at the time. He'd scored both of them.

Too true,

A fellow ST that sits near to me is only too quick to jump on Nishy's back when it goes wrong but one of the first out his seat to cheer when he scores. He berates him all game and it's really getting on my, and everyone else that sits near him, threepennys!!!

Billychaotic182
09-02-2010, 02:15 PM
Well Yogi Rates him as he knock backed a bid from aberdeen
http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1596898?UserKey=

Tollhouse Hibee
09-02-2010, 02:26 PM

I think he gets a hard time from a lot of folk - you saw the reaction to his miss on Saturday - folk couldn't wait to get out of their seat to tell him how rubbish he was. The score was 2-0 to us at the time. He'd scored both of them.

i agree totally with that. Rankin gets the same grief.

Jonnyboy
09-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Interesting that Yogi singles out the impressive young Fraser Fyvie for praise...summer target? :stirrer:

Not until he can cope with robust tackles :greengrin

HFC 0-7
09-02-2010, 02:29 PM
I dont think he is under rated.

I think he is an OK player, but right now hibs are an improving side and he has improved but I think he has hit his limit and it is perhaps no longer good enough for hibs first team. The way Yogi plays Nish means that a lot of play goes through him, and unfortunately he blows hot and cold too much causing play to break down and frustrates players and fans. He can score goals and do some neat stuff but he falls down under pressure too much and for his size he doesnt do well in the air for someone his size. Unfortunately hibs are moving forward and when this happens players will be left behind and I think Nish is one of them, purely because he blows hot and cold.

Craig_in_Prague
09-02-2010, 02:37 PM
played FIFA '10 on PS2 last night for 1st time, Nish is brilliant!

In reality he's not; but he still has many good points and gives the team something different.
The good thing is Yogi is building up a decent squad, so any player not quite at it, will be easily subbed and replaced by quality.
And as Nish said himself, this is a good thing coz all players are now kept on their toes.

Nish has done more than fine this season. :agree:

RIP
09-02-2010, 02:38 PM
I've been watching Hibs since 1961

Colin Nish would have got a regular start or regular sub role most years. Add to that that he's stronger, faster and harder working than at any time in his career and I think we have a late developer on our hands here.

The fact that he plays for the jersey and is fulfilling his lifetime ambition makes me love him more.

In fact the next nob I hear chastising him from the terraces is going to get a size 11 boot placed where the sun don't shine!:grr: :greengrin

JoeT
09-02-2010, 02:41 PM
11 Colin Nish's versus 11 Robbie Keane's - who would win??

Close game I would think

HFC 0-7
09-02-2010, 02:45 PM

Colin Nish would have got a regular start or regular sub role most years. Add to that that he's stronger, faster and harder working than at any time in his career and I think we have a late developer on our hands here.

The fact that he plays for the jersey and is fulfilling his lifetime ambition makes me love him more.

In fact the next nob I hear chastising him from the terraces is going to get a size 11 boot placed where the sun don't shine!:grr: :greengrin

I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinion:bitchy:

Dashing Bob S
09-02-2010, 02:53 PM
He has the genius/clown complex. If Colin can't decide where he stands on this issue and changes his mind from one minute to the next, then who are we to judge him.

The man's an entertainer and it's great to have him in the ER squad.

col02
09-02-2010, 03:38 PM
Nish is a fantastic team player and someone I am sure who is appreciated by his team mates if not by certain sections of the support. I for one like the big guy and always take great pleasure out of him doing well for Hibs along with the likes of Hogg and Rankin as while not perfect they work damned hard every match. It pains me to see Gow a player here for a week and having scored one goal being lauded as a player to replace Nish who must be up there in the assist chart this season along with vital goals too for Hibs.

HFC 0-7
09-02-2010, 03:57 PM
Nish is a fantastic team player and someone I am sure who is appreciated by his team mates if not by certain sections of the support. I for one like the big guy and always take great pleasure out of him doing well for Hibs along with the likes of Hogg and Rankin as while not perfect they work damned hard every match. It pains me to see Gow a player here for a week and having scored one goal being lauded as a player to replace Nish who must be up there in the assist chart this season along with vital goals too for Hibs.

He has got less than 4 assists in the league this season as Riordan is hibs top assist on 4.

Nish league Scoring stats: -

1st of 3 in 3-1 win at motherwell.

1st of 2 in 2-0 win against aberdeen

1st of 5 in 5-1 win against hamilton

The only goal I would say was vital was the one against aberdeen in the 83rd minute to make it 1 - 0. 3 goals this season where he has played in many of the games isnt good enough IMO. Benji and zemmama who have hardly played this season are only 1 goal behind him in the league.

He works a lot but IMO without much direction, similar to rankin. Not many goals, and not many assists, I would expect more when playing so advanced.

matty_f
09-02-2010, 04:09 PM

PeeJay
09-02-2010, 04:50 PM
I think Nish has improved greatly since Mixu went - certainly in terms of fitness. His commitment to the team was never really in question, was it? I also really like the fact that there are Hibs "fans" in the team of which Nish is one. How some people on here can compare the mercenary that is Benji with Nish is absolutely beyond me. Benji may be the more 'skilful' and 'fleet footed' of the two, but Nish gives 100 % and does the job asked of him - as has already been mentioned on here, he's a great team player - plus he also scores the odd goal! If we as a team are ever going to win that cup we need Hibs fans out there on the park.

HFC 0-7
09-02-2010, 05:11 PM
I think Nish has improved greatly since Mixu went - certainly in terms of fitness. His commitment to the team was never really in question, was it? I also really like the fact that there are Hibs "fans" in the team of which Nish is one. How some people on here can compare the mercenary that is Benji with Nish is absolutely beyond me. Benji may be the more 'skilful' and 'fleet footed' of the two, but Nish gives 100 % and does the job asked of him - as has already been mentioned on here, he's a great team player - plus he also scores the odd goal! If we as a team are ever going to win that cup we need Hibs fans out there on the park.

What concerns me is that all some people on here need in a hibs player is that they give there all to the team. Unfortunately that not what makes great team. Great players make great teams. So what if Benji was a want away, look at Ian Murray, he left for more money etc.

If you look at my posts above, specifically the stats ones, it shows that Nish is not contributing much to the team in terms of where he plays. Not a lot of goals and not a lot of assists. benji who has played much less has only scored 1 less goal. I think if people want to see the team move forward they need to forget about loyalty etc as all the top teams in just about every league have players in it that are only there because of the money! For me Nish is an average SPL player, Hibs are not an average side in the SPL, they are above average and if we want to continue we need above average players and unfortunately Nish is not that. I would happily still have him as a squad player but not as first team player.

mmmmhibby
09-02-2010, 06:39 PM
colin is vastly underated and gives our team a different option when playing. Oh, an hes also a great guy albeit he's thick as two planks:wink::wink::wink:. lol.

Dunbar Hibee
09-02-2010, 06:46 PM
He is doing very well right now, long may it continue.:thumbsup:

hibsbollah
09-02-2010, 07:00 PM
He has the genius/clown complex. If Colin can't decide where he stands on this issue and changes his mind from one minute to the next, then who are we to judge him.

I thought you put it best after the Hamilton game; "Nish flirts effortlessly between genius and village idiot".

He's a useful squad player, but id rather have Benji coming off the bench than Nish.

PeeJay
09-02-2010, 08:11 PM
What concerns me is that all some people on here need in a hibs player is that they give there all to the team. Unfortunately that not what makes great team. Great players make great teams. So what if Benji was a want away, look at Ian Murray, he left for more money etc.

If you look at my posts above, specifically the stats ones, it shows that Nish is not contributing much to the team in terms of where he plays. Not a lot of goals and not a lot of assists. benji who has played much less has only scored 1 less goal. I think if people want to see the team move forward they need to forget about loyalty etc as all the top teams in just about every league have players in it that are only there because of the money! For me Nish is an average SPL player, Hibs are not an average side in the SPL, they are above average and if we want to continue we need above average players and unfortunately Nish is not that. I would happily still have him as a squad player but not as first team player.

I think the strength of the current Hibs squad is that there are different players for different courses, if you will. Nish has greatly upped his work rate (as has Riordan!) and - I think - he contributes significantly to the team's overall performance. I'm not claiming that Nish is the quintessential footballer, but despite your opinion, I think guys who dig in and work hard for the team are vital to the making of a great team. TTs was not full of great footballers from 1 to 11. There were some mighty team players in there too, guys who fought with heart and gusto, but were lacking somewhat in the magical skills of an Edwards/Cropley. A great team also needs a hard edge, a fighting spirit, guys who will run for 90 and more minutes, guys who never say die (guys like Rankin, Murray and Nish). A guy like Benji does not play anywhere near to his full potential, and his spirit is a fleetful thing at best.

If Hibs are an "above-average" side as you say in the SPL, then surely Nish's "averageness" has contributed to that standing? I think too many Hibs fans criticise Rankin and Nish too keenly - they've both played in many of the games this year, and I think it would be a gross misrepresentation of the facts to insinuate that the rest of the team was somehow carrying them. I like the look of the squad at the moment, and I think the options we have on offer on the bench are the envy of many other SPL teams. Nish is indeed underrated in my eyes. He's part of a great team effort this year - we really should stop knocking our guys when things are going well - there'll be plenty time for that if the bubble ever bursts! :bye:

andudare2
09-02-2010, 08:54 PM
just as well for nishy that its yogi that picks the team & not some of the experts on here eh!

HFC 0-7
09-02-2010, 10:24 PM
I think the strength of the current Hibs squad is that there are different players for different courses, if you will. Nish has greatly upped his work rate (as has Riordan!) and - I think - he contributes significantly to the team's overall performance. I'm not claiming that Nish is the quintessential footballer, but despite your opinion, I think guys who dig in and work hard for the team are vital to the making of a great team. TTs was not full of great footballers from 1 to 11. There were some mighty team players in there too, guys who fought with heart and gusto, but were lacking somewhat in the magical skills of an Edwards/Cropley. A great team also needs a hard edge, a fighting spirit, guys who will run for 90 and more minutes, guys who never say die (guys like Rankin, Murray and Nish). A guy like Benji does not play anywhere near to his full potential, and his spirit is a fleetful thing at best.

If Hibs are an "above-average" side as you say in the SPL, then surely Nish's "averageness" has contributed to that standing? I think too many Hibs fans criticise Rankin and Nish too keenly - they've both played in many of the games this year, and I think it would be a gross misrepresentation of the facts to insinuate that the rest of the team was somehow carrying them. I like the look of the squad at the moment, and I think the options we have on offer on the bench are the envy of many other SPL teams. Nish is indeed underrated in my eyes. He's part of a great team effort this year - we really should stop knocking our guys when things are going well - there'll be plenty time for that if the bubble ever bursts! :bye:

Mcbride is a player that isnt skillful but puts lots of work in, but what he has that Nish doesnt is consistency. I agree that hibs have done very well this season with the current squad but I think we could have done better if Nish was consistent, which he isnt, hence my criticism. Unlike many on here I dont just accept it when we are going well, I as a fan would like the team to keep pushing on and moving the average players like Nish on or relegating them to the bench for better players is something that would need to be done. If Yogi etc had the same attitude as many on here the the team would never move forward. I have said in previous posts that Nish is an OK player, but in this at the moment IMO he is the weakest player in the team.

And on your point regarding the TT's, the difference between there grafters and Nish is that they were consistent, Nish all to often has nightmare games where he cant do the bread and butter things that footballers should be able to do like Control the ball, stay on your feet and hump in the air. FWIW if Nish became consistent then I think he would be an assett, however, he has made vast improvements but still is not consistent and thats why I dont think he is underated.

silverhibee
09-02-2010, 10:34 PM
just as well for nishy that its yogi that picks the team & not some of the experts on here eh!

:agree: Well said. :agree:

Rasta_Hibs
09-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Big Nish is a big decent stricker who will get you 10 or more goals a season. Thats more than welcome in the Hibs sqaud IMO.

Calvin
09-02-2010, 11:10 PM
He is my scapegoat. Anything he does that i slightly bad, I slate him for it. It's not even deliberate, just a bad habit I've got myself into.

I've been trying to snap myself out of it but when you don't see a lot of quality from the guy, it's difficult. I mean, look at the two goals he scored on Saturday. I struggle to believe that any of our other strikers would not have scored there.

I'm happy for him to be in the team, at the end of December he had an absolutely fantastic run and I'd like that to continue, but we have better players than him for Ibrox IMO.

matty_f
09-02-2010, 11:24 PM
He is my scapegoat. Anything he does that i slightly bad, I slate him for it. It's not even deliberate, just a bad habit I've got myself into.

I've been trying to snap myself out of it but when you don't see a lot of quality from the guy, it's difficult. I mean, look at the two goals he scored on Saturday. I struggle to believe that any of our other strikers would not have scored there.

I'm happy for him to be in the team, at the end of December he had an absolutely fantastic run and I'd like that to continue, but we have better players than him for Ibrox IMO.

Riordan and Stokes were both on the pitch, and neither of them scored Nish's goals.:greengrin

Calvin
09-02-2010, 11:53 PM
Riordan and Stokes were both on the pitch, and neither of them scored Nish's goals.:greengrin

Haha fair point! :greengrin

Bookkeeper
10-02-2010, 12:14 AM
I've criticised Nish plenty in the past and will probably continue in the future (he's the only player i've seen who gets lower when he jumps) but this season he has worked hard for the team and played well in his position for the most part. All down to John Hughes getting the most from his team. Like someone said above We'll get a better goals/£ return from him than the tinks will from keane.

Tollhouse Hibee
10-02-2010, 07:29 AM
Big Nish is a big decent stricker who will get you 10 or more goals a season. Thats more than welcome in the Hibs sqaud IMO.

i agree, plus you get effort, commitment, tackling, defending that does not come as part of benji's game

Joy Zipper
10-02-2010, 07:57 AM

The modern day Ted McMinn ?

HFC 0-7
10-02-2010, 08:03 AM
i agree, plus you get effort, commitment, tackling, defending that does not come as part of benji's game

Effort yes, commitment yes. Tackling? Not really. As for the 10 goals a season, this is arguably probably his best season at hibs so far but has only scored 3 goals in the league 5 overall. For me, Nish as a forward playing type, in a team that is playing well he should have scored more. I think peoples judegments are being clouded because he puts his all in and is a hibby. I would put more effort in than him, I am a big hibby, I would play for half of what he is getting, I would even play for free, but I still wouldnt be a good player. In football its all about having bags of ability or being an average player but being consistent. Nish doesnt have bags of ability, he is average, but not consistent. If Nish was consistent I would rave about him, but he isnt.

hibsbollah
10-02-2010, 08:40 AM

Its maybe about how they show commitment. When Benji doesnt fancy it he looks frustrated and shrugs his shoulders. When Nish doesnt fancy it he falls down on his erse or doesnt bother to stay onside:devil:

FWIW I think they both have something to offer the squad.

marleyhib
10-02-2010, 09:41 AM

well said mate

hfc rd
10-02-2010, 11:42 AM
True. At times Nish doesn't deserve the credit that heb deserves.

12-02-2010, 01:01 PM
http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1596898?UserKey (http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1596898?UserKey)=

Yogi beleives he can make Lillian G a better player, i.e...able to pass a ball without knocking it ten yards into touch, able to jump higher than the width of a phone directory, able to shoot without troubling innocent pie vendors, able to move faster than a lame tortoise and maybe develop a better touch than a drunken Irish brickie... Yogi has plenty to work on!:agree:

proud_and_green
12-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Oh here we go another 'have a go at Nishy' thread!!!

boomtownhibby
12-02-2010, 01:05 PM
i dont understand why nish gets such a tough time. admitelly he isn't the best striker in the world , but he does win his fair share in the air and works extremly hard for hibs. not to mention the goals he has scored this season and in previous ones.

Darth Hibbie
12-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Well done Yogi. :thumbsup:

Nish is probably the most under-rated player to play for Hibs since Joe T.

Yes he has his moments but he is nowhere near as bad as some would make out and he is improving.

Removed
12-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Oh here we go another 'have a go at Nishy' thread!!!

Hibernating, time for you to go back to sleep :yawn:

bighairyfaeleith
12-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Well done Yogi. :thumbsup:

Nish is probably the most under-rated player to play for Hibs since Joe T.

Yes he has his moments but he is nowhere near as bad as some would make out and he is improving.

That did make me giggle:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
12-02-2010, 01:07 PM
http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1596898?UserKey (http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1596898?UserKey)=

Yogi beleives he can make Lillian G a better player, i.e...able to pass a ball without knocking it ten yards into touch, able to jump higher than the width of a phone directory, able to shoot without troubling innocent pie vendors, able to move faster than a lame tortoise and maybe develop a better touch than a drunken Irish brickie... Yogi has plenty to work on!:agree:

:yawn:

Danny_Hibee
12-02-2010, 01:11 PM

Contender for the most pointless thread ever. Bringing up a story from earlier in the week, which has already been discussed, purely to have a go at one of our own players. And one who always gives 100% for us as well.

Jonnyboy
12-02-2010, 01:15 PM

For a moment there I thought you were talking about Chris Hogg :wink:

On a more serious note, it's clear you're not a Nishy fan and I suspect many others will agree with you but all I'd ask is that the next time you watch him play make a point of noting the things he does well and before you say it, yes he does do things well

proud_and_green
12-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Contender for the most pointless thread ever. Bringing up a story from earlier in the week, which has already been discussed, purely to have a go at one of our own players. And one who always gives 100% for us as well.

I really get tired of all the crap threads that bash our players. Nishy takes too much of this and i think incredibly unfairly. He works hard, holds up the ball, lays it off, creates chances on goal and scores a few as well.

Oops, right enough he's crap and not Hibs class! :yawn:

PS. Well done Yogi and well done Colin Nish!!!!

bighairyfaeleith
12-02-2010, 01:23 PM
:devil:

Dashing Bob S
12-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Saves the world one minute, urinates himself while sleeping on the top deck of a bus the next.

Wouldn't have him any other way - the man's an entertainer.

bubblesmorrison
12-02-2010, 01:56 PM
i hate the amount of stick big nish gets i no hes not the greatest player in the world or blessed with great talent but hes a pain for teams to play against and gives hibs a diffrent dimension. he has been as much of a part of what hibs have been doing this season as anyone else that has been playing week in week out. so give the lad a break and get behind the TEAM

Calvin
12-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Nish is okay but if we are to push onto the next level and improve ourselves, we have to replace him with a better player.

jgl07
12-02-2010, 01:59 PM

And of course he set up the two goals. He did a nice head flick to Stokes for the first goal and headed Gow's cross on to Diamond's arm for the penalty.

hibsbollah
12-02-2010, 02:00 PM
urinates himself while sleeping on the top deck of a bus the next.

Is there a source for this excellent rumour?:faf:

NoTottiNoParty
12-02-2010, 02:32 PM
And of course he set up the two goals. He did a nice head flick to Stokes for the first goal and headed Gow's cross on to Diamond's arm for the penalty.

:grr: was just going to point this out! haha

12-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Nish tries but he is mince 90% of the time.